Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#285697 - 11/25/07 12:51 PM Re: Excuse me? [Re: Nemo]
mighty_honour_kr Offline

Loc: Scotland, United Kingdom
Secrets are power, so I suppose you would be giving up or transferring that power.

I'd say it's a good thing most of us aren't divulging secrets.
"Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. And yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you cannot conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, or five times more? Perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless..."

#285699 - 11/25/07 12:55 PM Re: Excuse me? [Re: mighty_honour_kr]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Calgary
A secret is also that which you choose it to be.

So while some of us consider Satanism our secret, some of us don't. The entiire topic and the issue of divulging your "Satanic belief" is subjective to the individual.

If Satanism would hinder my life by wearing it openly, I would not do so. But it doesn't, and I simply do not bring it up unless someone asks the very specific question of "Which religion do you follow?" Which has not come up yet.

I keep many secrets, everyone does. Satanism is simply not required to be one of them.

#285705 - 11/25/07 01:03 PM Re: Hiding Satanism [Re: TheNaturalForce]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Prevention of Virtue

#285714 - 11/25/07 01:17 PM This is the internet. [Re: TheDegenerate]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Is this the best place to be revealing personal details regarding your secrets?

If you do not have any secrets, then the issue is moot.

If you do and you post them here...

Two words come to my mind on this:

Street smarts.
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My first audio interview on GREATER MAGIC
My second audio interview by Rev Campbell

#285717 - 11/25/07 01:21 PM Re: This is the internet. [Re: Nemo]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Yes, Magister Nemo, fair enough. And as far as I know, I have not divulged any myself. Best to keep it that way.

#285718 - 11/25/07 01:21 PM Re: Excuse me? [Re: Nemo]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
I agree with mighty_honour_kr's reply.

Divulging a secret changes the status of the information from concealed to public knowledge.

A public forum such as this allows for an anonymous approach.

I doubted that strangers across the globe would have an interest in using the information on these boards or elsewhere on the internet to manipulate people that they have no personal association with in the real world. I realized that I was wrong with this line of thinking. Some people find enjoyment in such things.

I am not sure what you mean by 'Excuse me?' I can read into it any number of thoughts.

#285719 - 11/25/07 01:22 PM Re: Hiding Satanism [Re: LKRice]
mighty_honour_kr Offline

Loc: Scotland, United Kingdom
I wouldn't say it's baited.

It doesn't seem like a fishing expedition for satanic validation, more like a genuine interest in other peoples experiences dealing with friends and relatives reactions to Satanism.

Are we just lumping everything that ends in a question mark into the baited column?
"Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. And yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you cannot conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, or five times more? Perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless..."

#285721 - 11/25/07 01:24 PM Re: Hiding Satanism [Re: mighty_honour_kr]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Especially since Hound Dog has not been saying "You are wrong" To anyone here.

#285725 - 11/25/07 01:32 PM Re: This is the internet. [Re: Nemo]
Fala Offline
CoS Member

Nice, Nemo.

To my foes, I am whatever makes you think I am a mindless, weak, slow, insignificant woman.

#285728 - 11/25/07 01:48 PM Spelling it out. [Re: TheDegenerate]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Folks, I know this will come as a shock to some of you but there are actually people in this world who do not like Satanists.

I hope you can recover from this insight.

Feeling better?

Good.

Now I will continue.

There are bigots and screwballs out there who have access to the internet and can read these posts who would like nothing better than to find you and mess with you.

Now if you have zero concern for your own safety or the safety of others here please do not hesitate to stop using anonymous usernames and, instead, post your real name, street address, home telephone number, bank checking account numbers and (what the heck) any Social Security numbers or government pension identification numbers you might have.

Please don't let caution or concern for the outcomes of such actions deter you from posting your own detailed personal information here where identity thieves or those pleasant people who hate your guts for what you are (Satanist) collect and collate your data to finally track you down and play footsy with your financial records, identity and home base.

For the rest of you who live on the same planet that I do, may I suggest that you think carefully before answering open-ended questions about your personal experiences here or anywhere on the internet?

The question can be asked with no intent to cause you a problem.

Answering such questions may very well do so anyway.

The choice is yours.

Don't blame me if you do not like the results.
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My first audio interview on GREATER MAGIC
My second audio interview by Rev Campbell

#285731 - 11/25/07 01:52 PM Re: Spelling it out. [Re: Nemo]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Well, an open and shut case.

I see what LKRice meant as well now.

Thank you Magister Nemo. This is maybe already the twentieth post I have read of yours, and I learn something everytime.

You just inadvertently sold another copy of your book.

#285777 - 11/25/07 04:11 PM Re: Hiding Satanism [Re: Morganti]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Your post reminded me of a question. About a week ago I got into a discussion with a close friend who is an atheist. He was actually surprised to find out that I'm a Satanist, maybe because of my upbringing (Jewish and Catholic ... what a mess). Anyway, he suggested that the term Satanism isn't far enough removed from the Judeo-Christian model (he was questioning the label, not the principles). He said that he Satanism would appeal to him more if it had a label that was unique and had nothing to do with any right-handed path.

As most of you know, I still have a lot of reading and discovery to do. As I thought about my friend's perspective, 2 things occured to me:

1. We don't care if our label doesn't meet someone else's idea of being independent enough of the right-handed path and we're not interested in appealing or recruiting people.

2. I know that Satan is a symbol, but do you think LeVay took a shock-rocker approach to scare or parody Christians? (Morganti, the funny sarcasm in your post made me think of this).

Any thoughts on this?

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#285780 - 11/25/07 04:17 PM Re: Spelling it out. [Re: Nemo]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
The danger can be very real.
It may be falsely assumed that people in your lives, who do not share your interests will not stumble across you on the internet. This is far from the truth.
The internet is becomong more suffistocated. That is because knowledge about you...that you may even deem of little significance...is big money. People pay for the ability to get this information. Because of that, and the nature of the internet, the rest of us become defacto leeches, and benefit from the suffistication paid for by advertiser's money.
Everything we post is stored, and will show up with a simple search.
And you do not have to even give your name.
Believe me...I know.

Edited by Roho_the_Rooster (11/25/07 04:18 PM)
Edit Reason: Distracted, looking out for "Them"!

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#285824 - 11/25/07 09:30 PM Re: Hiding Satanism [Re: AurEum]
RottenBonnie Offline

Loc: The West Coast, USA
 Originally Posted By: ealaiontoir
2. I know that Satan is a symbol, but do you think LeVay took a shock-rocker approach to scare or parody Christians? Any thoughts on this?

My take on this is that Satan is the opposite of the status quo. Everyone else goes one way, you go another. I can only speak from my own interpretation, but I don't think He was trying to scare or parody Christians; He would have considered that a waste of His time. Rather, His goal was to attract those that were smart enough, and brave enough, to seek an alternative path.

Hail Satan!
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

"There's no such thing as too many books." Poetaster

#285828 - 11/25/07 09:40 PM Re: Hiding Satanism [Re: AurEum]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

At the moment "The Secret Life of a Satanist" by Magistra Blanche Barton is out of stock at the CoS Emporium. This book is essential in getting a glimpse at Dr. LaVey's motives. If you can find a copy, latch on to it.

While Dr. LaVey was cognizant of the value of a well placed shock, the answer to your question # 2 is - NO.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
13160 Members
73 Forums
44435 Topics
407306 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold