Topic Options
#286049 - 11/26/07 06:42 PM Is the truth really that hard to take?
zeta Offline

Loc: Texas
Why do people refuse to believe Anton LaVey and the Church of Satan have nothing to do with devil worship?

#286082 - 11/26/07 08:40 PM Re: Is the truth really that hard to take? [Re: zeta]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Because most people are stupid and believe what they want to believe regardless of facts or reason.

If people were not prone to believe unwarranted idiotic shit there would be no such thing as religion in the world and probably only a small fragment of the consumer economy.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#286167 - 11/27/07 09:30 AM Re: Is the truth really that hard to take? [Re: zeta]
zeta Offline

Thank you. I guess what I'm really wondering is what is the point of painting Dr LaVey as a monster? If Satanists know the truth and most christians won't question, why bother? Who benefits?

It's really just a curiosity of mine. I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

#286187 - 11/27/07 10:31 AM Re: Is the truth really that hard to take? [Re: zeta]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
A wise man once said "Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!" ;\)
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#286188 - 11/27/07 10:35 AM Re: Is the truth really that hard to take? [Re: Svengali]
zeta Offline

Good point!
Thank you again.

#286306 - 11/27/07 08:03 PM Re: Is the truth really that hard to take? [Re: zeta]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
I've rarely seen Dr. LaVey portrayed as a monster. I think what made him such a powerful icon to the christians was that he wasn't a monster. but a suave, articulate, gentleman.

A monster is easy to categorize and even dismiss as a fairytale. A man with a brain like that is infinitely more frightening to those who cherish their religious beliefs above intellect and independence.

Many of us have spent years trying to explain away the stereotypes only to find they are powerful in certain contexts. knowing your audience is the key.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#286709 - 11/29/07 09:52 AM Re: Is the truth really that hard to take? [Re: Ygraine]
zeta Offline

Thank you, Magistra Ygraine. That was what I wanted to know.

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43637 Topics
404149 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements