Topic Options
#28619 - 02/25/04 09:34 PM Science Forum
Captn_Thatch Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 11549'00"W 3714'00"N
Are there any plans for a science forum, or may I suggest one?

I appreciate the technology section, but in the case where I might have a question/statement about physics or astronomy (or other science topic), it would be nice to have a forum specifically for that.

I've also noticed that quite a few people on this board know something about science, and so I'm sure it would be appreciated all around.

Thanks!

#28620 - 02/26/04 04:03 AM Re: Science Forum [Re: Captn_Thatch]
Josephine007 Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Zero Point Field
In my opinion, no offense, the technology forum could cover that topic. It seems kind of redundent to me. But that's just my two cents.

#28621 - 02/26/04 07:31 AM Re: Science Forum [Re: Josephine007]
Wile_E_Quixote Offline
CoS Member

The technology forum tends to attract specific technological queries and issue related to technology. Rather more of a helpful place for board members to trade advice rather than to discuss scientific issues. I think a Science & Philosophy forum would be very useful in grouping together a much discussed field on this messageboard that at the moment is spread out between a number of different forums. Just my two pence.

#28622 - 02/26/04 11:21 AM Re: Science Forum [Re: Captn_Thatch]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I think that is a good idea. Some scientific issues are not necesarily "technologic" in nature.

#28623 - 02/26/04 12:24 PM Re: Science Forum [Re: Captn_Thatch]
Professor_Sinister Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Perhaps amending the Technology Forum to read "Science and Technology", would work, as it is not a particularly active forum, and I would be surprised if a science forum were actually active enough to warrant it's separate creation.

(Pleasantly surprised... but surprised nonetheless)

#28624 - 02/26/04 04:17 PM Re: Science Forum [Re: Professor_Sinister]
DancingintheDark Offline

Quote:

Perhaps amending the Technology Forum to read "Science and Technology", would work, as it is not a particularly active forum, and I would be surprised if a science forum were actually active enough to warrant it's separate creation.

Agreed. Technology by itself leans towards the application of science in more commercial or materialistic terms, which is but one of it's many faces. Adding the word science would allow for a much wider range of discussion and perhaps bring more interest to the forum.

#28625 - 02/26/04 09:04 PM Re: Science Forum [Re: DancingintheDark]
Wile_E_Quixote Offline
CoS Member

Thats why I think such a forum should be called the Science & Philosophy forum. At the moment, both subjects are spread out through a number of different forums but I think there is enough of these subjects discussed and enough overlap between them to warrent a special place of their own.

Forum Stats
12281 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404441 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements