Topic Options
#286670 - 11/29/07 06:16 AM Satanic panic
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
One of the danish papers today carries an article about one, obviously mentally disturbed person who committed rape against a girl dressing her up in a priest robe and apparently invoking satan during the deed.

To their credit the paper does label it as an "Occult rape" in the headline, but still the danish version of The Satanic Bible is featured in the picture accompanying the article (some stock photo of a guy with an inverted cross carved into his arm and a copy of TSB).

This made me want to write the reporter in question and point out the inconsistency in using this picture in a case that is clearly not CoS related. But then again I'm neither a member or a spokesperson in any way, so writing her probably wouldn't carry much weight.

So my question is to what degree CoS gets involved when reporters when they are falsely represented in cases like this, and if there are any use in reporting such occurrences (and if so - to whom), or if this is one of those cases of "the tabloids will print what they want anyway" where one should just shrug and move on.

#286991 - 11/30/07 12:51 AM Re: Satanic panic [Re: verszou]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Your post has been passed on to Central for consideration.

Thank you.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#286994 - 11/30/07 01:09 AM Re: Satanic panic [Re: Phineas]
verszou Offline

Thank you magister. I checked back on the article today and it seems somebody already took her up on the inappropriate choice of picture material in the comments section. Most other comments riducule the fact that the article states that the rapist used amphetamines to sedate his victim - which does seem sort of contradictory.

Seems the tabloid readers actually do have more critical sense than the journalist in question.

#287033 - 11/30/07 08:15 AM Re: Satanic panic [Re: verszou]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

If you are able to, forward a copy of all to Magistra Nadramia,

Thank you.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#287104 - 11/30/07 01:37 PM Re: Satanic panic [Re: Phineas]
verszou Offline

I have provided an English translation of the article itself and the one interesting comment along with the URL for the article in a PM to Magistra Nadramia.

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406070 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements