Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#287630 - 12/03/07 10:03 AM Are you alone?
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Loc: CT
A wise man once said we are all ultimately alone, and for the life and blood of me I shook my fist and swore him wrong.

This man has amazed me, dazzled me, pissed me off and enlightened me many times in the past. His words are gifted and strong as I assume his actions in life are as well. So when I saw his view on us all being alone, I wished he could believe otherwise.

I sit with a faction of bright soldiers who wish not to change the world around them, or to save the common man from the plight of this race of creature we call “human”. My faction simply police themselves in hopes to better themselves and reach gratification in a total environment of our own making. I am not alone now, in this day, at this time. But in no way does that mean I wont be alone “ultimately”.

Now anyone can argue that any member of my faction is not really anything more then a chess piece playing its own game towards its own goals and that I simply factor into it as a beneficial piece. But such argument is wasteful on my ears and eyes, just as my argument on “not being alone ultimately” can be wasted on any eyes who seek to dissigree for any sake.

But with or without my faction or family, I am still not alone. On my death bed I will have many with me.

Arthur C Clark will be there, telling me of the void as I slip to death. Shakespeare will hold my hand as my twitching becomes still. Bach will ring as I sink to death, while Doctor Lavey reminds me with a smirk just how stupid death is in comparison to a fruitful life.

I will never be alone; not ultimately, not ever. I sit in this room as I type, the only living creature other then my dog and bird are whatever secret insects hiding under whatever keeps them warm. But I am not alone. Einstein battles Schrödinger behind me so loudly that I have to hush them with spit and tongue, while a chorus of other voices keep me in good company. I can hardly ever silence Penrose...that bastard.

But, even without those people by my side, I still am a phone call away from those who would rush to simply sit and chat. I am a cyber-line’s reach from more then a handful of brilliant minds that may not be as wise as "some" may seek, but to me they are everything as powerful and grand as any being you may name in your pantheon of respected souls.

There are those we adopt after we have acquired the envy of those around us. Those types can never be fully trusted as much as those who knew us as tadpoles with nothing but big-frog dreams.

You are never alone unless you build it that way.

I was working on a rebuttal to this wise man’s words on aloneness…something huge, something fancy, something as chewy as bubblegum but laced with small factual shards of truth that would hopefully sway a stone pillar. I had big plans for something intelligent and floor-moving, but I replaced that with this instead.

Pillars do not sway.

Dragons do not give up their hoards of gold for handshakes or hugs.

No, I won’t be posting what I wanted. It was thrown into a digital wastebasket with a sigh.

Why? Because no matter how hard I feel on the subject, or how loud I scream towards this great man, he is ultimately alone, and in trying to share company with him on any matter would simply be a waste of his time and mine.

I will leave him ultimately alone.

Leaving me to everlasting company with great people who will never leave me.

Not in death.

Not in life.

Anyway you cut the pizza, I still will share it with an army of creatures I find worthy to keep me company until death do us part (unless I do not die...don't laugh).

With or without that wise man’s blessing, endorsement or belief I shall never be alone.

In the end it don’t really matter how alone any of you are. Those of you who have changed a single fiber of my mental cloth shall always be knitted into my psyche.

And when I die, I will turn to you and say thank you for being there.
I am forever in the shadow of my crime, and for that I ask for punishment but only of the level I earned. I ask to not be removed from the place I find truth. I have been a very small creature, and have no excuse.

#287636 - 12/03/07 10:53 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Magister Nemo’s statement of each of us being ultimately alone, from what I have gathered, is saying that in life you are ultimately responsible for everything you do. You and you alone will either suffer or succeed in life by your own choosing. No one can fully up lift you and no one can fully destroy you (well, unless they kill you). The choice of living this life as best as possible is yours.

Friends and family, which are all important, are there by your design. You can either cast them away or show them the respect and love that they show you. Ultimately it is your doing that makes them seek you out or curse you to hell.

The only person that can truly say what the original statement meant is Magister Nemo.

>>Pillars do not sway.

They do for an earthquake.

>>Why? Because no matter how hard I feel on the subject, or how loud I scream towards this great man, he is ultimately alone, and in trying to share company with him on any matter would simply be a waste of his time and mine.

I think you misinterpreted him. I also think your tone is a bit rude.

Do you seriously think he meant alone as in friendless and family-less? If so, you are sadly mistaken. Think of what he consistently says and then look again at that statement.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#287641 - 12/03/07 11:06 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
Unknown Offline

Loc: 611 Calif. St.
 Quote:
Give me time to make a post somewhat worthy of the level he posts at. I do not want to look like a fool here on a matter that touches me deeply.

As quoted from HERE.

You failed. \:>

Edited by Unknown (12/03/07 11:07 AM)
Edit Reason: Period.

Satanism Demands study and not worship!
http://compleatwitch.blogspot.com/

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/logic-classical/

Avatar used with special permission from Reverend CoffinRust. www.coffinrust.com

#287643 - 12/03/07 11:10 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Discipline]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Ever seen Enemy Mine? "But you are alone...you are alone within yourself."

Sorround yourself with hundreds, or millions at your death bed...it doesn't matter. You still slip out of existence, alone. Within your conscious mind, you are alone.

I live with my girlfriend, and we spend a great deal of time together. But I do not exist within her mind as nothing but a thought, or memory. The same goes with me to her. I am a factor, an algorithim, one that is interchangable. I may dissapear one day to her, and likewise, the very same could happen to anyone and everyone she knows. She herself, is not interchangable, because if she ceases to exist, then her consciousness no longer exists, so there is no longer a point in considering perception; she is not alone anymore, because she is dead. She, or I, use whoever you want as example, cannot comprehend the thought of having a partner anymore, as infact, she or I could not comprehend ANY thought, because we do not exist to do so.

I could go on, but the bottom line is, you can stack as many stuffed toys as you want around your pillow at night, and they will serve to make you feel more comfortable when you go to sleep, but the second you shut your eyes and drift off, you are "alone" again.

It is interesting to see how people will reply to this, what the thoughts here will be, but those are mind; embracing the so called "loneliness" as it comes has made me a lot more comfortable not only with the concept of death, but life on the whole.

And hey, everyone ultimately ends up in a grave or a box at somepoint, and there they stay, forever, alone.

#287644 - 12/03/07 11:21 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: Fagneto
I will leave him ultimately alone.

Good, that leaves more for the rest of us \:\)

I find that "We are all ultimately alone" to be undefiled wisdom and words to live by.

To quote another of the great dragons (to use your own terms)

Quote:
There are many who would take my time. I shun them.
There are some who share my time. I am entertained by them.
There are precious few who contribute to my time. I cherish them.

but even though there are people who share my time and people who contribute to my time, there are things in life that they cannot do for me and things that only I alone can face - and that is how it should be.

#287647 - 12/03/07 11:34 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Discipline]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Discipline’s words pretty much sum up what I was going to say. “Being alone”, literally, as in we are born alone, we die alone, and all of this is parenthesized by many temporary relationships. More importantly we are the authors of our own fate. Even our relationships reflect us. Surrounding yourself with compatriots is still an act of an individual ego. Being alone is not the same as being lonely. The original response, by Nemo, was to someone who seemed to be indicating that he needed others to achieve some type of completion.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#287649 - 12/03/07 11:36 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Leave it to someone else to sum up exactly what I meant, in much fewer words.

I should have just kept my mouth shut until Roho came along

#287650 - 12/03/07 11:41 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
While I appreciate that, Phosis, I believe Discipline put it quite nicely.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#287652 - 12/03/07 11:45 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Agreed.

#287653 - 12/03/07 11:46 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I own "Enemy Mine". It is a great B Sci-Fi movie.

>>Sorround yourself with hundreds, or millions at your death bed...it doesn't matter. You still slip out of existence, alone. Within your conscious mind, you are alone.

That is very true. Well, at least from current human understanding of consciousness. Things could be discovered to say otherwise. But on a more normal day to day life, your consciousness is your own.

That is the point being made. The world you live in is yours. It is shaped by you and your thoughts. No one can share their true thoughts with another accurately. Everything has different meaning to another. You are ultimately alone in your perception of life and your desires and goals.

That of course does not mean you cannot respect, love, and enjoy others. That does not mean life does not have value.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#287654 - 12/03/07 11:57 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Discipline]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Yes, exactly. The ones we sorround ourselves with can enrich our lives, and some would say, make us better people. They can dissolve the feeling of loneliness that is sure to come after extended isolation, but they will never change the fact that we are alone.

There is only one person that has to live with ourselves all the time, on a constant twenty four hour basis, and that is us. Embracing this "loneliness" does not mean, to me, to shun others and to isolate oneself, it simply means, deal with it. This true "loneliness" is no more frightening then the concept of the grave being our final place of rest, a concept which most Satanists have already hopefully become pretty comfortable with.

As Fala mentioned, looking at our own loneliness can be a very empowering thing, instead of an idea to be scoffed at. I certainly find it makes me feel that way, knowing that I completely know and trust myself, and that I do not "need" another individual to run my life for me, whether it be my girlfriend, or some flying spaghetti monster in the sky.

I am alone, but this makes me more powerful then those who believe they are not.

Edited by Phosis (12/03/07 11:58 AM)
Edit Reason: spleelgin eorors

#287659 - 12/03/07 12:13 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Unknown]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

So have you.
I am forever in the shadow of my crime, and for that I ask for punishment but only of the level I earned. I ask to not be removed from the place I find truth. I have been a very small creature, and have no excuse.

#287661 - 12/03/07 12:17 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Discipline]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

O my! I truly hope I was not rude. If this is the case, I do offer my most serious words of apologie.

No...I did not think he meant "friendless", nor was the post about having "friends".

Leavig him alone meant I was no man large enough to shake his views...and who the hell could be that?

Ah hell...I was not tryig to be rude. Perhaps my mouth is just maggot swarms no matter how much I brush.

But rude to a man I respect that deeply? I should hope not.

#287663 - 12/03/07 12:19 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

I am not sure anyone was born alone.

And that can be taken how you please.

To me its deeper then assuming there is nothing above man...I do not mean angles, Gods (bible types) or monsters of fiction.

I mean something very alien.

#287665 - 12/03/07 12:22 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

You have already agreed to ultimately ending up in a grave box or vase of ash.

I can nt sway you.

I have not agreed to what you assume fact and fate.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
11889 Members
73 Forums
43636 Topics
404137 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements