Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#287630 - 12/03/07 10:03 AM Are you alone?
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Loc: CT
A wise man once said we are all ultimately alone, and for the life and blood of me I shook my fist and swore him wrong.

This man has amazed me, dazzled me, pissed me off and enlightened me many times in the past. His words are gifted and strong as I assume his actions in life are as well. So when I saw his view on us all being alone, I wished he could believe otherwise.

I sit with a faction of bright soldiers who wish not to change the world around them, or to save the common man from the plight of this race of creature we call “human”. My faction simply police themselves in hopes to better themselves and reach gratification in a total environment of our own making. I am not alone now, in this day, at this time. But in no way does that mean I wont be alone “ultimately”.

Now anyone can argue that any member of my faction is not really anything more then a chess piece playing its own game towards its own goals and that I simply factor into it as a beneficial piece. But such argument is wasteful on my ears and eyes, just as my argument on “not being alone ultimately” can be wasted on any eyes who seek to dissigree for any sake.

But with or without my faction or family, I am still not alone. On my death bed I will have many with me.

Arthur C Clark will be there, telling me of the void as I slip to death. Shakespeare will hold my hand as my twitching becomes still. Bach will ring as I sink to death, while Doctor Lavey reminds me with a smirk just how stupid death is in comparison to a fruitful life.

I will never be alone; not ultimately, not ever. I sit in this room as I type, the only living creature other then my dog and bird are whatever secret insects hiding under whatever keeps them warm. But I am not alone. Einstein battles Schrödinger behind me so loudly that I have to hush them with spit and tongue, while a chorus of other voices keep me in good company. I can hardly ever silence Penrose...that bastard.

But, even without those people by my side, I still am a phone call away from those who would rush to simply sit and chat. I am a cyber-line’s reach from more then a handful of brilliant minds that may not be as wise as "some" may seek, but to me they are everything as powerful and grand as any being you may name in your pantheon of respected souls.

There are those we adopt after we have acquired the envy of those around us. Those types can never be fully trusted as much as those who knew us as tadpoles with nothing but big-frog dreams.

You are never alone unless you build it that way.

I was working on a rebuttal to this wise man’s words on aloneness…something huge, something fancy, something as chewy as bubblegum but laced with small factual shards of truth that would hopefully sway a stone pillar. I had big plans for something intelligent and floor-moving, but I replaced that with this instead.

Pillars do not sway.

Dragons do not give up their hoards of gold for handshakes or hugs.

No, I won’t be posting what I wanted. It was thrown into a digital wastebasket with a sigh.

Why? Because no matter how hard I feel on the subject, or how loud I scream towards this great man, he is ultimately alone, and in trying to share company with him on any matter would simply be a waste of his time and mine.

I will leave him ultimately alone.

Leaving me to everlasting company with great people who will never leave me.

Not in death.

Not in life.

Anyway you cut the pizza, I still will share it with an army of creatures I find worthy to keep me company until death do us part (unless I do not die...don't laugh).

With or without that wise man’s blessing, endorsement or belief I shall never be alone.

In the end it don’t really matter how alone any of you are. Those of you who have changed a single fiber of my mental cloth shall always be knitted into my psyche.

And when I die, I will turn to you and say thank you for being there.
I am forever in the shadow of my crime, and for that I ask for punishment but only of the level I earned. I ask to not be removed from the place I find truth. I have been a very small creature, and have no excuse.

#287636 - 12/03/07 10:53 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Magister Nemo’s statement of each of us being ultimately alone, from what I have gathered, is saying that in life you are ultimately responsible for everything you do. You and you alone will either suffer or succeed in life by your own choosing. No one can fully up lift you and no one can fully destroy you (well, unless they kill you). The choice of living this life as best as possible is yours.

Friends and family, which are all important, are there by your design. You can either cast them away or show them the respect and love that they show you. Ultimately it is your doing that makes them seek you out or curse you to hell.

The only person that can truly say what the original statement meant is Magister Nemo.

>>Pillars do not sway.

They do for an earthquake.

>>Why? Because no matter how hard I feel on the subject, or how loud I scream towards this great man, he is ultimately alone, and in trying to share company with him on any matter would simply be a waste of his time and mine.

I think you misinterpreted him. I also think your tone is a bit rude.

Do you seriously think he meant alone as in friendless and family-less? If so, you are sadly mistaken. Think of what he consistently says and then look again at that statement.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#287641 - 12/03/07 11:06 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
Give me time to make a post somewhat worthy of the level he posts at. I do not want to look like a fool here on a matter that touches me deeply.

As quoted from HERE.

You failed. \:>

Edited by Unknown (12/03/07 11:07 AM)
Edit Reason: Period.

#287643 - 12/03/07 11:10 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Discipline]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Ever seen Enemy Mine? "But you are alone...you are alone within yourself."

Sorround yourself with hundreds, or millions at your death bed...it doesn't matter. You still slip out of existence, alone. Within your conscious mind, you are alone.

I live with my girlfriend, and we spend a great deal of time together. But I do not exist within her mind as nothing but a thought, or memory. The same goes with me to her. I am a factor, an algorithim, one that is interchangable. I may dissapear one day to her, and likewise, the very same could happen to anyone and everyone she knows. She herself, is not interchangable, because if she ceases to exist, then her consciousness no longer exists, so there is no longer a point in considering perception; she is not alone anymore, because she is dead. She, or I, use whoever you want as example, cannot comprehend the thought of having a partner anymore, as infact, she or I could not comprehend ANY thought, because we do not exist to do so.

I could go on, but the bottom line is, you can stack as many stuffed toys as you want around your pillow at night, and they will serve to make you feel more comfortable when you go to sleep, but the second you shut your eyes and drift off, you are "alone" again.

It is interesting to see how people will reply to this, what the thoughts here will be, but those are mind; embracing the so called "loneliness" as it comes has made me a lot more comfortable not only with the concept of death, but life on the whole.

And hey, everyone ultimately ends up in a grave or a box at somepoint, and there they stay, forever, alone.

#287644 - 12/03/07 11:21 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: Fagneto
I will leave him ultimately alone.

Good, that leaves more for the rest of us \:\)

I find that "We are all ultimately alone" to be undefiled wisdom and words to live by.

To quote another of the great dragons (to use your own terms)

Quote:
There are many who would take my time. I shun them.
There are some who share my time. I am entertained by them.
There are precious few who contribute to my time. I cherish them.

but even though there are people who share my time and people who contribute to my time, there are things in life that they cannot do for me and things that only I alone can face - and that is how it should be.

#287647 - 12/03/07 11:34 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Discipline]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Discipline’s words pretty much sum up what I was going to say. “Being alone”, literally, as in we are born alone, we die alone, and all of this is parenthesized by many temporary relationships. More importantly we are the authors of our own fate. Even our relationships reflect us. Surrounding yourself with compatriots is still an act of an individual ego. Being alone is not the same as being lonely. The original response, by Nemo, was to someone who seemed to be indicating that he needed others to achieve some type of completion.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#287649 - 12/03/07 11:36 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Leave it to someone else to sum up exactly what I meant, in much fewer words.

I should have just kept my mouth shut until Roho came along

#287650 - 12/03/07 11:41 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

While I appreciate that, Phosis, I believe Discipline put it quite nicely.

#287652 - 12/03/07 11:45 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Agreed.

#287653 - 12/03/07 11:46 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I own "Enemy Mine". It is a great B Sci-Fi movie.

>>Sorround yourself with hundreds, or millions at your death bed...it doesn't matter. You still slip out of existence, alone. Within your conscious mind, you are alone.

That is very true. Well, at least from current human understanding of consciousness. Things could be discovered to say otherwise. But on a more normal day to day life, your consciousness is your own.

That is the point being made. The world you live in is yours. It is shaped by you and your thoughts. No one can share their true thoughts with another accurately. Everything has different meaning to another. You are ultimately alone in your perception of life and your desires and goals.

That of course does not mean you cannot respect, love, and enjoy others. That does not mean life does not have value.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#287654 - 12/03/07 11:57 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Discipline]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Yes, exactly. The ones we sorround ourselves with can enrich our lives, and some would say, make us better people. They can dissolve the feeling of loneliness that is sure to come after extended isolation, but they will never change the fact that we are alone.

There is only one person that has to live with ourselves all the time, on a constant twenty four hour basis, and that is us. Embracing this "loneliness" does not mean, to me, to shun others and to isolate oneself, it simply means, deal with it. This true "loneliness" is no more frightening then the concept of the grave being our final place of rest, a concept which most Satanists have already hopefully become pretty comfortable with.

As Fala mentioned, looking at our own loneliness can be a very empowering thing, instead of an idea to be scoffed at. I certainly find it makes me feel that way, knowing that I completely know and trust myself, and that I do not "need" another individual to run my life for me, whether it be my girlfriend, or some flying spaghetti monster in the sky.

I am alone, but this makes me more powerful then those who believe they are not.

Edited by Phosis (12/03/07 11:58 AM)
Edit Reason: spleelgin eorors

#287659 - 12/03/07 12:13 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Unknown]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

So have you.
I am forever in the shadow of my crime, and for that I ask for punishment but only of the level I earned. I ask to not be removed from the place I find truth. I have been a very small creature, and have no excuse.

#287661 - 12/03/07 12:17 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Discipline]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

O my! I truly hope I was not rude. If this is the case, I do offer my most serious words of apologie.

No...I did not think he meant "friendless", nor was the post about having "friends".

Leavig him alone meant I was no man large enough to shake his views...and who the hell could be that?

Ah hell...I was not tryig to be rude. Perhaps my mouth is just maggot swarms no matter how much I brush.

But rude to a man I respect that deeply? I should hope not.

#287663 - 12/03/07 12:19 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

I am not sure anyone was born alone.

And that can be taken how you please.

To me its deeper then assuming there is nothing above man...I do not mean angles, Gods (bible types) or monsters of fiction.

I mean something very alien.

#287665 - 12/03/07 12:22 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

You have already agreed to ultimately ending up in a grave box or vase of ash.

I can nt sway you.

I have not agreed to what you assume fact and fate.

#287667 - 12/03/07 12:24 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Discipline]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Enemy Mine is in my top ten.

And on a day-to-day life style, I sure am not alone no matter how many humans are here, or any "humans" I have ever collected in my skull.

There is another thing I commune with altogether.

#287668 - 12/03/07 12:25 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

You are thinking a lot.

It should pay off greatly.

#287669 - 12/03/07 12:32 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

I have work in 5 minutes...so I can not give more time right now to this.

Let me simply say that I am so greatly pleased that I disagree with almost 100% of the answers to my original post.

I am so sorry a few of you found me rude, one of you was absolutly insulting with no room for mistake, and that my entire post was taken so one-sided and shallow.

I can only blame myself for lacking in the ability to make my point sting.

Or I can blame your direct desire to agree with another...for whatever reason.

Point being...I never said anyone was friendless, nor did I hint at saying the "wise man" was anything less then a God I my eyes.

In fact, I assume too much in sharing anything with anyone here.

And I may just be below your level...or above it.

As a Satanist, who will agree with "what I want" and with "what pleases me" I can only say this is how I think...it is a product of the tools in my head that get me what, and where, I want.

The only thing that bothers me is those who thinjk disagreeing or wording it the way I have, is rude.

Since I would sell all your lives to the butcher just to amuse this "wise man" (and I even like one of ya!~) I can only say I would never want to be rude...just being honest and thinking my way through this 3d world.

Good day.

#287670 - 12/03/07 12:33 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

You cannot sway me, only because I have not seen evidence to prove otherwise. I have SEEN evidence of people ending up as corpses. My own grandmother resides in a box in my mothers closet. She was a great woman, who I loved dearly, and who took care of me when I was young. The only proof I have seen of her final resting place, is within that box. To my eyes, she is ashes, nothing more; not a spirit wandering aimlessly, not speaking to me from another dimension. She is dead, gone, and her remains are in a box. That is visible proof that I can see, and I have seen nothing else of the sort, so it is of course my assumption that I will have a similar fate.

If you are here to "sway" in the first place, you are not here for the right reasons. You claimed you were not happy that Magister Nemo would not change his mind on the topic, and have mentioned your inablity to sway anyone several times. If convincing others of your beliefs is your intention, you are certainly not doing it in the right way, and indeed, shouldn't be doing it at all.

If you believe you are not alone, great. More power to you. Or less, depending on whose point of view you are getting the info from ;\)

#287671 - 12/03/07 12:35 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: TheDegenerate]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Sell our lives to the butcher?

NOW who is being rude?

EDIT: Sounds like, oh, I don't know, a sacrifice? Are you sure you are a Satanist and not a "Magister Nemoist"? But of course, I'm sure the Magister would think such things were a bunch of a hogwash anyways.

Edited by Phosis (12/03/07 12:38 PM)

#287672 - 12/03/07 12:40 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
I'm finding Fagneto's lines of reasoning (across several threads) quite hard to follow. This one is no exception.

I agree that Discipline has encapsulated the issue as I would describe it, and I'm failing to get what Fagneto is arguing for us to agree with.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#287675 - 12/03/07 12:45 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Scion]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Sounds like somebody who is terrified, a loss of rational thought; in this case, an intense fear of being alone. We are apparently all very rude for pointing out glaring inconsistencies, and having our own ideas on the matter. Another case of baiting? Maybe not intentionally, but at least as big of a waste of time.

Coming into such a thread as this, where the questioned can NEVER BE CORRECT, it is at least nice to see the other more rational members take on the subject. 99 precent of the time, it is far more interesting then what the original speaker had to say...

Next.

#287683 - 12/03/07 01:22 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Twins?

Are we talking about everything being connected?

#287689 - 12/03/07 01:39 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
 Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster

Twins?

Are we talking about everything being connected?

Haha, reading this snippet of Fagneto makes me glad that I am still ignoring him.

#287691 - 12/03/07 01:42 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Seems you aren't missing much.

#287694 - 12/03/07 02:11 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Actually, there might be something to learn here. It is very easy for something to be taken out of context, especially on a message board. Often, someone posts a remark that, were it a verbal conversation, we would say was an "offhand remark". Even a more serious post may not have enough contexts for a particular reader. Perhaps, in this case, it is assumed that Magister Nemo has made a statement of his emotional state…loneliness. I do not think that that is what he was saying. Solipsism can be a problem, and personal issues can easily sway the way we read others. I do not mean this as an insult. In fact, if I imagine reading that statement from another viewpoint, I think I can see where all of this is coming from. The bottom line is, we all ultimately are responsible for ourselves. This all started with, “I am a lone Satanist, in Canada.” Basically, as far as we really know, we are all in that boat.

#287695 - 12/03/07 02:16 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Yeah. That's a good point to make. As Discipline pointed out, there is a difference between loneliness and being alone. That is what I feel Fagneto is neglecting to realize. I don't know anything personal about Magister Nemo, but if he IS actually lonely, I highly doubt he would be mentioning that on this forum. To be alone is something entirely different, and I feel every person at one point or another has the realization that they are indeed, alone. They go with it one way or the other. As the alien elite here, some of them embrace that. Some do not, and choose to fear it, and they find something that makes them feel "whole", and don't worry about it much after that.

I will not speak for anyone here, including the topic creator, but I AM alone...though, I am hardly at all lonely.

#287698 - 12/03/07 02:30 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
ShadowDragon Offline

Loc: Where I have Always Been
What he was referring to is that in the end, you only have yourself. This being regardless of who you surround yourself with.

Everything comes down to personal responsibility, regardless of whether it be the good or the bad things in life.

Ultimately you are alone, just as I am; as well as, everyone else.

I am me. I can be no one else.

Also, no one can experience anything for you. Only you can experience what you experience.

Edited by CravenDesmont (12/03/07 02:35 PM)
Edit Reason: Needed to add a little to my reply.

To Light a Candle,is to Cast a Shadow.

#287701 - 12/03/07 02:40 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Scion Offline

I second that - I can't ever imagine Magister Nemo doing anything as emotionally pornographic as to indicate his own personal woes on this site.

"We are all alone" does not equal "I'm so ronery (in a Kim Jong Il stylee), nobody loves me, give me virtual hugs and send me a teddy bear in the mail".

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

#287718 - 12/03/07 03:59 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
Dave_C Offline

Loc: North-East Wisconsin
 Quote:
I can only blame myself for lacking in the ability to make my point sting.

Or I can blame your direct desire to agree with another...for whatever reason.

I like how he is passive aggressively accusing those who agreed with Magister Nemo "for whatever reason" of being sheep following the herd!

Perhaps he thought he could just slip that in there without anyone noticing! Yet he wants us to follow a brick-a-brack of random thoughts and agree with him lest we be "followers".

Who knows I could be wrong but I doubt it, based on the language he has been using, carefully trying to mask insults by "I don't mean too be rude but..." sort of talk.

Now back to want Nemo said, I agree we are all truely alone. Why, because all we have is ourselves if we are not happy with who and what we are how can we expect anyone else to associate with us. If you can not enjoy the silence with only your inner voice for companionship then you might as well be dead because as a Satanist you should be able to accomplish all your goals in life with no one elses prensence or assistance.

I love my family and my friends, however I would be the same as I am now alone with no one else around or with different kith and kin!

Dave_C

http://www.myspace.com/dark9productions

#287722 - 12/03/07 04:21 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: ShadowDragon]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Thank you for telling me what Magister Nemo meant by his sentence.

Seeing as I felt he kept it cryptik.

And thank you for thinking I need things explained.

#287723 - 12/03/07 04:29 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Dave_C]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

[quote=Dave_C]
 Quote:
I like how he is passive aggressively accusing those who agreed with Magister Nemo "for whatever reason" of being sheep following the herd!

Perhaps he thought he could just slip that in there without anyone noticing! Yet he wants us to follow a brick-a-brack of random thoughts and agree with him lest we be "followers".

Who knows I could be wrong but I doubt it, based on the language he has been using, carefully trying to mask insults by "I don't mean too be rude but..." sort of talk.

I do not mask insult...it was plain and pointed towards the man who was rude. I am no savage, and I do not mask intent, only my face.

And make no mistake, I do not need others to be what I am. I simpy attract others and they help with my plans.

#287724 - 12/03/07 04:33 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

No...

I also think most all humans were born alone.

Not me.

#287725 - 12/03/07 04:36 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Reading your positive way of thinking, makes me glad you ignored me.

Anyone who is positive in anything is simply not worth being in contact with.

I also think its dreadfully dangerous to ignore anyone like me.

But in your case it is safe...I do not fish for such game.

Edited by Fagneto (12/03/07 04:38 PM)
Edit Reason: This guy...sheesh. Ignore me, my ass.

#287728 - 12/03/07 04:38 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Seems like you are.

#287729 - 12/03/07 04:47 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Thank you for a peaceful post...ahhh, finally civil nature.

I will say (for the third time) in no way did I think Magister Nemo meant anything to do with being "lonely" or that he was in some deep pit of solitude.

I can imagine him picking friends with surgical attention and pride.

In fact, I'd place money on it.

I am shocked to see so many people taking this in the most shallow and direct manner, as if the post was intended for children to read.

No, it was not meant to show some sadness for this amazing individual's relatioships or lack of.

It is much deeper then that...

I do not think I am alone now, ever or will be.

Nor do I think life is a one-way ticket to death absolute.

I pity the thought!

I can only embrace the hope that "if" he read my post, he understood more then the basic word "lonely" and the primitive word "friends". Disagree or not, I hope he saw what I was posting about much clearer then those who rushed to communicate.

The again, how could he not?

Edited by Fagneto (12/03/07 04:52 PM)

#287730 - 12/03/07 04:49 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

I am not alone, nor am I lonely.

And I do not need humans for that.

#287732 - 12/03/07 04:52 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:
I also think its dreadfully dangerous to ignore anyone like me.

Danger's my middle name. ;\)

#287735 - 12/03/07 04:56 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Scion]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

No shit...

Its a lark and a laugh when I see so many "smart" Satanists guessing if I think Magister Nemo is without friends in life.

Please...gear up, think deeper, ignore me or just move along.

Or...just keep doing what you are doing.

You will is your will...not mine.

#287737 - 12/03/07 04:58 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Originally Posted By: Phosis
Leave it to someone else to sum up exactly what I meant, in much fewer words.

I should have just kept my mouth shut until Roho came along

Agreed.

#287739 - 12/03/07 05:02 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
While I appreciate that, Phosis, I believe Discipline put it quite nicely.

Discipline is a very elite minded man. I have always enjoyed all his posts and views that I have run in to. Even the ones here. He is a civil man with a long arm of the mind.

Damn good with the science to.

I salute him.

#287742 - 12/03/07 05:09 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

This true "loneliness" is no more frightening then the concept of the grave being our final place of rest, a concept which most Satanists have already hopefully become pretty comfortable with.

I am 100% overjoyed to not belong to what you assume "most" Satanists are comfortable with.

I am not one of those you mention here.

#287744 - 12/03/07 05:10 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Discipline]
Quatermass Offline
CoS Member

Loc: England
 Originally Posted By: Discipline
I own "Enemy Mine". It is a great B Sci-Fi movie.

Ah well, the five minutes I spent reading this daft thread weren't completely wasted. At least I have something to add to my "must watch" list.

Thanks. \:D

#287746 - 12/03/07 05:13 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
I can't help but notice a curious idol worship dripping from your posts.

But the thing that interests me the most in this thread is that so many people have presumed to speak for another man.

That's confusing to me.

Maybe I'm just crazy.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#287749 - 12/03/07 05:18 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

You cannot sway me, only because I have not seen evidence to prove otherwise.
Well then, there is your reasoning. That makes much sense. I can only say that I have seen reason to think otherwise.

If you are here to "sway" in the first place, you are not here for the right reasons. You claimed you were not happy that Magister Nemo would not change his mind on the topic, and have mentioned your inablity to sway anyone several times.
Sway you? Or anyone other then Magister Nemo? No sir, never my intent, in fact I am very happy to see so many people know zero-shit about what I am saying. The reason it hurt to see Magister Nemo say what he did, is because I hoped he invested some indecision on this matter. I am not shocked that you are so "positive" on the nature of death and what it means to live on earth in the shell you were given. I simply place hope that Magister Nemo knows what I speak of. If not, then there is nothing I can do to change his mind. Just like there is nothing you can do to change mine.

If you believe you are not alone, great. More power to you.

Thank you...and indeed you are correct.

#287752 - 12/03/07 05:24 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Yes...or in your case make a free donation with you.

NOW who is being rude?

Me...but hardly near my capacity. But here I am required to keep a somewhat tame tongue.

EDIT: Sounds like, oh, I don't know, a sacrifice? Are you sure you are a Satanist and not a "Magister Nemoist"? But of course, I'm sure the Magister would think such things were a bunch of a hogwash anyways.

Hmmmm....Magister Nemoist? Nope, not me. But I will openly admit there is much to envy, respect and admire about that man. And your life means nothing to me...if it was not a crime "and" it would please him, yes I would trade you in for parts.

And if it did not amuse him? I'd destroy you to amuse me. Your content here has grown ruder by the post...I will not follow you towards your destination.

Lucky for all...the law is a leash I respect more then all.

Edited by Fagneto (12/03/07 05:26 PM)

#287753 - 12/03/07 05:25 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
Scion Offline

Fagneto - I don't know what you're smoking, but it's not doing much for your mental state. Just a friendly word of advice.

Poetaster - I doubt anyone here is "speaking" on Nemo's behalf because they feel that he's not able to do it himself, if that's what you're implying.

#287755 - 12/03/07 05:30 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Scion]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Perhaps it is because you "think" I want a single one of you to agree with what I am saying.

Dear Gods...what a horrible mistake you have made. Forgive yourself.

#287757 - 12/03/07 05:35 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Quatermass]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Originally Posted By: Quatermass
Ah well, the five minutes I spent reading this daft thread weren't completely wasted. At least I have something to add to my "must watch" list.Thanks. \:D

Lucky you...you didn't fully waste your time reading what was left here for you to read.

I am jealous.

#287759 - 12/03/07 05:38 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Poetaster]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Idol worship? No...wrong.

But if you think it is wrong or out of place to envy a man or woman, then you missed serious parts of Satanism.

And if you "do" embrace the freedom and usefulness of envy, jealousy and pride in doing so...then how the hell can you not place those feelings on a man so literate and insightful as Magister Nemo.

Have you read anything he has written?

#287761 - 12/03/07 05:44 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Scion]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Originally Posted By: Scion
Fagneto - I don't know what you're smoking, but it's not doing much for your mental state. Just a friendly word of advice.

"Humor is a two-handed sword...right now you are holding the blade."

These words were first said to me from a man who I hail as a God. I do not enjoy your jokeing nature in saying I do drugs.

Originally Posted By: Scion
Poetaster - I doubt anyone here is "speaking" on Nemo's behalf because they feel that he's not able to do it himself, if that's what you're implying.

You doubt a lot of things...

#287762 - 12/03/07 05:45 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Let me call your attention back to a few comments that you made:

Quote:
And your life means nothing to me...if it was not a crime "and" it would please him, yes I would trade you in for parts.

Quote:

Since I would sell all your lives to the butcher just to amuse this "wise man"

Do you really want to go down this road?

Quote:

Have you read anything he has written?

Yes.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#287764 - 12/03/07 05:50 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:
These words were first said to me from a man who I hail as a God.

Seek treatment.

#287770 - 12/03/07 06:13 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: HellofallHells]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Hmmm...how many Satanic brothers do you have? Do you not allow them the right to be a God? Do you tell them to seek treatment in your union with them?

You seek treatment...I am getting damn far in my travels untreated and without a blindfold.

Thank you.

#287771 - 12/03/07 06:15 PM To those so sure and proud to be so positive. [Re: Fagneto]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Well, what a horrible way to move forward into an open debate. So carelessly, many of you have openly stated assumptions on what I “must have” meant, and even worse, what Magister Nemo meant by a single sentence.

Simply saying this a fifth time will surly not shut any of you vipers up. But, I shall say it anyway.

The original post was not created to have a gaggle of geese honk their ideas on what they assume Magister Nemo means when he speaks, nor did any of you even read past the words “lonely” or “friend” in anything but the most basic of their implications. I would be lying if I told any of you I was shocked or disappointed. In fact, on my way to work I wore a smirk feeling superior to mostly all of you.

The meaning behind this post can only be understood fully by an individual who may know of what I hint at.

So many of you assume death absolute, lone existence as the only “intelligent” beings on earth, and the “positive” verdict that your thoughts on those matters are overwhelmingly factual.

Satanism is not about being positive; in fact, it is the poison that creates false doctrines and harmful practices of men. A positive stance on anything as unsure as death, solitary intelligence as a race, and the nutshell observations of what it means to travel in this universe is a surly the bane to all things truly Satanic.

There is nothing wrong with setting your clock to match the sun’s movements…we all see the sun daily and trusting it is a good gamble. But to say it is factual that the sun will be there on time tomorrow is hogwash and tomfoolery; a great wager to place a bet on, sure, but still not impossibly flawless. Nothing can be 100% factual when dealing with perceptions in this universe.

The math behind you chance of being here is closer to impossible then the chance that the sun will not be here in the next hour. It is far more possible that a star die today, then a race be born here in this curved void.

Those of you who jump to show they “know” the truth, are those who will assume I am talking about a God, or a Devil, or some magic fairy that makes things sparkle. Those types are worthless to me as a whole, unless they are of course cleaning my home, flipping my burgers or pumping my gas (I abhor and refuse such physical labor…it doesn’t please me). But for those who are ready enough to understand that ANY thought is in danger of being flipped or turned inside out, without a moment’s notice or warning, are truly gifted.

I have posted what I thought after of years and years of Satanic study and self exploration. I do not simple turn the television to the discovery channel and accept what it has to offer me as fact.

And one last warning for you all…Satanism in no way forbids the presence, existence or possibility of intelligence among us that is ultimately not human. In fact, to place a fact on such a subject would be everything Satanism is not.

The power I have gained in my life is envied by hundreds of people. Oh yes, “envied” to the point where I must seek to protect myself for war. To the point where I must filter and decide on my thoughts, friends, alliances and affairs with great levels of mediation and forethought.

I am guessing you all do not suffer from any level of fame, communion with things you are willing to “bet on” being otherworldly, or direct signs that you can not be stopped if you continue to proceed how you normally do.

I have, pride, wisdom, love, growing success, enemies, allies, imitators, scholars and merriment around me at all times. They are all very welcome. Closed mindedness of course, is not.

The original post, faulty in its style as it is, was not intended to sway minds that are so sure of such matters. In fact, I want nothing to do with debating such things with that sort of lot.

PS-I honor your freedom to be so caged in fact. I hope you have not missed that point. I simply find it laughable to a degree that is almost bringing me to the point of pissing myself.

Good day

#287772 - 12/03/07 06:22 PM Re: To those so sure and proud to be so positive. [Re: Fagneto]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

- Sam Harris

#287773 - 12/03/07 06:24 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Poetaster]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

What road are you even speaking of?

I have also read much of what you have posted in the past...frankly I see nothing wrong with my personal thought that you are worth less to me then a rusty coin from the cracks of my washing-machine.

Seriously now...it is a crime to sell you to a man who makes a living off of cutting and serving pork, beef and chicken products. So there is zero chance of me ever doing so.

But yes...if the key to the world was placed in my hands, this entire world would be lacking billions of people who do not amuse, serve or enlighten me. What the fuck is so wrong about such a thought, eh?

My hands are tied by law...but if it ever becomes "my world" you will not suffer long in it.

Unless you have a good strong back.

#287774 - 12/03/07 06:26 PM Re: To those so sure and proud to be so positive. [Re: Poetaster]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

It is always a pleasure to see a man reduced to a cute gif or fancy logo.

#287776 - 12/03/07 06:34 PM Godliness [Re: Fagneto]
HLGwyn Offline

Loc: Colorado
What ever happened to being your own god? Is it a forgotten art?

I do not mean a solipsistic god who is alone in a seemingly self created reality, but a god that is master of the reality that they are in. There is a certain quality of exclusiveness from the latter point of view, one that does not seem as despairing as it would seem to be with the simple word of "aloneness" as a substitute meaning.

I think that might be the point to consider in this thread..

#287783 - 12/03/07 07:05 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.

I doubt that you are intimidating anyone with your insults and boasts about being capable of destroying various members of the board. I've personally gotten a chuckle out of your overinflated ego and idiotic rants.

I call bullshit... everything about you.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#287790 - 12/03/07 07:27 PM Re: To those so sure and proud to be so positive. [Re: Fagneto]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

I would recommend you not beat your chest so hard and tone down the pretentiousness a bit.
Prevention of Virtue

#287798 - 12/03/07 07:42 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Lust Offline

�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#287799 - 12/03/07 07:42 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Bruja]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Fair enough...then I shall reward you as I did them.

You see my stranger, there is a serious law I have followed since I was a creature of single digit age. It is "my" law, and by no means do I wish to change you to accept it...but it is this-

"I never attack, insult or attempt harm on anything or anyone who has not done the same to me firstly and with intent."

Now...you can call bullshit. That's actually the nice way of being honest. What fool would dance to my tune and trust anything I say on faceless value? Surly not me if I was you.

The fact that I have made many judgments on you simply by that one icon-pic of yours, would make me a pig for saying you "shouldn't do such" in judging me over so many silly posts.

I have never in over 20 years, nor will I ever, insult, molest or accost an individual firstly with intent. It just is not inside me to do so. So I will not bark at you. I will just clear you up on a huge mistake.

I have no intent or desire to intimdate anyone. I have never said anything that was intended to bring harm or fear...that would be a fool's game since those who know me here know I am a sweetheart with a silver tongue.

I make music, I paint, I draw, I make masks and wear them with common minded men and women who live in a world we created. In that world you would be hailed as a Goddess if you were enough like us and came with the desire to enjoy a new magic we have found.

I can not tell you the changes in mind that take place after wearing a mask in public for close to a decade, in roving packs of artists who do the same. I can not explain to you that there truly is an amazing thing that happens to the human mind when a mask is worn that long.

I can not tell you how many people know only my plastic face. The trust I have for those who I allow to see my skin under that mask. Or the adventures we have had in all these years.

Alls I can say is, the faction I created by simply inventing fancy dreams in my bed one night, almost a decade ago, has grown into something I enjoy, protect and adore. It is my culture if I may risk the rolling eyes of all those snarky enough to refuse me the use of one word.

I live a fancy lad's life in a fancy lad's world. But the truth should be know that world was not handed to me. It was built through satanic practice and the main reason i ever return here is out of my love and gratitude for Doctor Lavey's Satanic bible in my life, not to bring chaos to his dreams.

Yes I bark...but have you seen the bites being inflicted? All posts are ordered and time stamped for you if you truly wish to call me the starter of any insults directed.

I understand you call bullshit, and rightly you must. You do not live as I do. I do not live like you do (but I'd look damn good in your lip stick...seriously). I simply am of the faceless world of my creation.

I will leave this computer to return to that world and fall of the face of this board soon enough, for months...and I will return (if allowed?) much the same man.

The man you call bullshit.

I will tell you one thing we do not have so much of in my world. "Lack of civil nature."

Yes, I know...savage nature is much more fun. But I do not think its the best way to meet the world in a mask. It would bring hate on me and my people.
You see, the world I have created, I have become a God. And there are those around me who salute me as grand. I have fans and friends, zealots and family. It is not good practice in my faction to be the attacker. Its best to try and commune.

I did not post this to remove your bullshit calling. I did this to tell you that I was not trying to start a fight. I was being insulted, and I do love returning such things.

Have a great life. Win something!

#287801 - 12/03/07 07:45 PM My reply. [Re: Fagneto]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
It is damned hard to clearly express some ideas in this medium.

When we "hint" at things, the chances of real communication drop down close to zero.

I could interpret what you have written in this rather long thread in several ways.

I am going to risk offering several answers and let you see if any fit.

I already write extensively and respond in depth elsewhere on important and serious topics so I do not intend to attempt to duplicate that here.

(Please remember that this message board is "where the elite come to play ..." and not where the elite come to get serious. All too many seem to miss that small but important guiding suggestion).

Alone is "All One".

I am one.

Nemo is "no one".

I am no one.

Is this a contradiction or a definition?

That would require deciding upon the context.

From my perspective, I am looking out from the center of the universe.

If the universe is infinite (and I really do not see an outer boundary) then where could the center not be?

If the universe is infinite how large could the center be?

When I close my eyes I am the Destroyer of Worlds ...or just taking a nap.

Death is my enemy.

I hate and am opposed to death.

Death is to not have your memories.

Ask any amnesiac.

For the rest, again, I am not certain I have addressed your real concern but have shotgunned the few that surfaced first as I read through this thread.

For those who have complimented me, thank you.

For those who hate me, thank you.

For those who wish to convert me, thank you.

For those who don't care one way or the other, thank you.

Well that's about all I can think to say right now.

Hope that covers it.

#287802 - 12/03/07 07:46 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#287804 - 12/03/07 07:51 PM Re: To those so sure and proud to be so positive. [Re: LKRice]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

You are right...I am sorry if the powers over this board's function is not pleased.

I really don't get to swim with so many wonderfully hostile minds. And yes, I really do mean "wonderfully".

Your very right...I shall tame myself.

Sorry to all posters.

#287806 - 12/03/07 07:55 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Lust]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Haha, a picture says a thousand words.

I didn't mean to come of masochistic or brooding. I am a very happy, outgoing kind of guy, not someone who is waiting for death. I have always just considered life that way. Death has never been frightening to me because it happens to everyone, and everything, so why should it be scary? And being alone to me simply means I am the only one sharing my consciousness with myself.

Didn't mean to come off as some kind of phantom of the night.

EDIT: Correction! Death ITSELF is scary, because it is, the end. It is scary in a dissapointing way. But as of right now, with no other proof to prove anything otherwise, I "know" what happens when we die. So death is not the unknown...it is simply a place where you cease to exist. That itself is undesirable, but the question of "What happens when we die?" Does not scare me.

Edited by Phosis (12/03/07 08:01 PM)

#287807 - 12/03/07 07:57 PM I get it. [Re: Nemo]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

This was all in reference to my little post here:

http://www.satannet.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=287526

Sheesh. The newbie was saying how the reason for coming here was to meet other people.

I was attempting to point out something very simple - coming to Satanism as a social outlet may not be the best reason for doing so.

I see that you are concerned about death and read that into my "ultimate" word choice.

Well, I am also concerned about death and, again, have and continue to write extensively about that issue ...elsewhere - not here.

I come here to play. ;\)

#287808 - 12/03/07 07:58 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Same here.

Be wealthy, be well.

#287809 - 12/03/07 07:58 PM Re: To those so sure and proud to be so positive. [Re: Fagneto]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
 Quote:
A positive stance on anything as unsure as death

Wow...

Edited by The_Lightning (12/03/07 08:58 PM)
Edit Reason: Someone swat it… =S

#287814 - 12/03/07 08:13 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Lust Offline

The picture was in no way directed at you.

Quote:

NOW who is being rude?

It should make sense now?
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#287815 - 12/03/07 08:19 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Lust]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Yes it does. Thanks for clarifying. What cartoon is that from? Looks like a Gary Larson strip.

#287816 - 12/03/07 08:22 PM Re: To those so sure and proud to be so positive. [Re: Fagneto]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Very nice retort, coming from a chap with a cute logo as an avatar.

#287819 - 12/03/07 08:31 PM Re: My reply. [Re: Nemo]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Originally Posted By: Nemo
From my perspective, I am looking out from the center of the universe.

Originally Posted By: Nemo
If the universe is infinite how large could the center be?

Yes Magister Nemo, you have done far more then just answer my major concerns. I thank you very much for the time you have spent here.

No Death.

#287821 - 12/03/07 08:35 PM Re: I get it. [Re: Nemo]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Understood, Magister Nemo.

Forgive me for limiting a single thirsty second of your time out of any duty you may or may not have.

I hope you play hard good man. Play forever and then some.

Cheers.

#287823 - 12/03/07 08:38 PM Re: To those so sure and proud to be so positive. [Re: $lesk]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Ha! An even better retort...from you.

You are so correct...ah, I made the silly thing two days ago and wanted to see it. It makes me smile. I never use such things...ah ha!

I shall return to what I feel better wearing.

Edited by Fagneto (12/03/07 08:39 PM)
Edit Reason: Got me!

#287825 - 12/03/07 08:52 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

I think three or four other members put it best when they pointed out you need help.

Apparently, I was rude enough to deserve talk of dismemberment.

You seem to be wasting a lot of time defending every single line of every single post, usually by sinking to the lowest common denominator, and "beating your chest", as I recall it was put.

Magister Nemo could have come into this topic, posted the letter "N" and you would have stopped, profusely apologized, and bowed before him miserably. Your groveling is an embarresment, as are your petty psuedo threats.

If you are so bent on destruction, maybe "Satanist" isn't the right name for you. "Imbecile" seems far more appropriate. Your weak, insincere apology aside, I'd suggest you be more careful what you say in the future. Your verbal diarrhea spread needlessly over fifteen or so posts was unnecessary, and could have easily been condensed into a few sentences.

As you would say, "Good Day".

#287826 - 12/03/07 08:59 PM Re: To those so sure and proud to be so positive. [Re: The_Lightning]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

I am so glad you quoted that one line.

Hope you are doing well.

#287827 - 12/03/07 09:04 PM Re: To those so sure and proud to be so positive. [Re: Fagneto]
The_Lightning Offline

Frankly, I'd be doing far better if you didn't make that stupidass statement.
It makes my brains hurt.

Edited by The_Lightning (12/03/07 09:15 PM)
Edit Reason: ahh.... much better

#287830 - 12/03/07 09:08 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio

Quote:
Seriously now...it is a crime to sell you to a man who makes a living off of cutting and serving pork, beef and chicken products. So there is zero chance of me ever doing so. [...]

My hands are tied by law...but if it ever becomes "my world" you will not suffer long in it.

Jesus... Not this megalomaniacal daydream again.

You are a young guy who wears painted ski-masks, makes rap music, and "communes with otherworldly beings."
You are not Alexander, Caeser, Hitler, or Stalin.
Hell, you aren't even Dennis Kucinich.

Wake the fuck up.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#287839 - 12/03/07 09:23 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

#287846 - 12/03/07 09:43 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

NOW he's alone.

#287859 - 12/03/07 10:08 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
I never liked this guy, from day one.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#287860 - 12/03/07 10:09 PM Re: "No Death. " [Re: Fagneto]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Let me clear about something.

Death is very real.

If you are referring to some kind of lasting and eternal afterlife that cleverly beats death then you are still not on the same page with me.

To quote from the film "Zardoz" - "Another dead end."

I am not suggesting that there is no death - physically or any other way.

To the contrary I am convinced that death - physically and any other way - is most real.

I did not want to leave the impression from your words that I think otherwise.

Never have.

Never will.

Death is my enemy.

I hate death.

I fight death.

Just to be clear.

#287864 - 12/03/07 10:14 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: gypsy]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
 Quote:
I never liked this guy, from day one.

Me either, he "didn't smell right." (Thanks Magistra Isabel)
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#287872 - 12/03/07 10:30 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: gypsy]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Crazier than a loon, no doubt about it.

- Sam Harris

#287885 - 12/03/07 11:49 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Poetaster]
RottenBonnie Offline

Loc: The West Coast, USA
Looks like I missed the party. Damn!

My diagnosis? Bipolar Disorder.
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

"There's no such thing as too many books." Poetaster

#287892 - 12/04/07 12:26 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: RottenBonnie]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

"Hanging out with other stupid guys wearing lame masks syndrome."

#287909 - 12/04/07 03:22 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: RottenBonnie]
The_Lightning Offline

Originally Posted By: RottenBonnie

I was thinking the exact same thing! \:o

I wonder if there's something to it, or if he's simply just a raving idiot.

#287923 - 12/04/07 05:35 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Fagneto]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
When an animal is ready to die what does it do? It crawls off into the bushes to curl up... alone.

We are all alone.

Sometimes we gather to enjoy the company we keep, amusing each other, sharing our smiles and laughter, sometimes our pains and sorrows.

No matter how close physically we are, we are alone in our personal head space.

#287925 - 12/04/07 06:24 AM Re: Are you alone? [Re: The_Lightning]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
My diagnosis: Phantom of the Opera syndrome...minus the musical talent!

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#288018 - 12/04/07 01:11 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: gypsy]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
Ah, black suits him so well.

What a rotten fruit.

#288019 - 12/04/07 01:11 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Poor little (well, big, actually) roach \:\( . (The actual roach in the video, mind you.)

You look like you all had fun while I was out ;\) .

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#288055 - 12/04/07 04:35 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: The_Lightning]
RottenBonnie Offline

Originally Posted By: The_Lightning
 Originally Posted By: RottenBonnie

I was thinking the exact same thing! \:o

I wonder if there's something to it, or if he's simply just a raving idiot.

That's it, Lightning! You and I must immediately go to medical school and become psychiatrists. Clearly our skills are superior.

Seriously? Bipolar people tend to be megalomaniacal at times. I think it was Tier Instinct that said he was. He was a bipolar raving idiot. Probably.
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

#288057 - 12/04/07 04:38 PM Re: Are you alone? [Re: RottenBonnie]
RottenBonnie Offline

It was Mr. Obsidian. He said, "Jesus... Not this megalomaniacal daydream again."

Personally I enjoyed his use of the word, "Jesus," in this phrase. Thank you, Mr. O.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406073 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements