Topic Options
#288174 - 12/04/07 11:20 PM Why is a picture required for active membership?
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Hello. I will soon be applying as a registered member and am interested in active membership as well. I noticed that a recent photo is required along with the application for active membership. I'm just curious as to why a photograph is needed. Thank you for your time and patience.

HS!

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#288175 - 12/04/07 11:22 PM Re: Why is a picture required for active membership? [Re: AurEum]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Because active membership implies a potential to meet other Satanists (including those who may be reading your application) and it would be helpful to know who to expect.

#288176 - 12/04/07 11:29 PM Re: Why is a picture required for active membership? [Re: AurEum]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

In part it has to do with providing positive identification should you find yourself invited to a COS event.

It also assists in evaluating who you are. If you've read "The Satanic Witch" you'll have an idea of what I am referring to.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#288177 - 12/04/07 11:34 PM Re: Why is a picture required for active membership? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Fair enough.

The idea of giving my legal name and a photograph made me a bit cautious. I'm confident there would be negative professional and social repercussions if it became publicly known that I'm a Satanist.

Thank you for answering my question. I will be filling out the active membership application shortly ... what could be a better Christmas present to oneself than membership in the CoS? ;\)

HS!

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#288178 - 12/04/07 11:36 PM Re: Why is a picture required for active membership? [Re: Phineas]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

I am currently reading "The Satanic Witch," makes perfect sense. Thank you for pointing it out.

#288179 - 12/04/07 11:36 PM Re: Why is a picture required for active membership? [Re: AurEum]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

The COS does not divulge membership information. This is kept in strict confidence.

Unless you are some sort of criminal, wanted by the authorities. ;\)

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#288180 - 12/04/07 11:39 PM Re: Why is a picture required for active membership? [Re: Phineas]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

LOL ... no worries there. I am wanted, but not by authorities.

#289048 - 12/08/07 12:17 PM Re: Why is a picture required for active membership? [Re: AurEum]
prh Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago Illinois
[Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here. All other replies will be deleted.]

#289437 - 12/10/07 02:06 AM Re: Why is a picture required for active membership? [Re: Phineas]
BloodRain Offline

Loc: Tx
 Originally Posted By: Phineas
Unless you are some sort of criminal, wanted by the authorities. ;\)

Is there an actual background check? If one where to have a record from early "ignorant days" yet no active warrants would that hinder membership?

Curious,
James Blood

#289446 - 12/10/07 02:28 AM Re: Why is a picture required for active membership? [Re: BloodRain]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> Is there an actual background check? If one where to have a record from early "ignorant days" yet no active warrants would that hinder membership? <<

If one is a former criminal it raises questions and does not place them in good stead anywhere in life, not just the Church of Satan.

We expect our members to be responsiible members of society - and that includes their responsibility to the authorities.

The point here is that we respect the confidentiality and privacy of our members; but if it emerges that one of our members is wanted by the authorities we will gladly offer the information legally required of us.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#289455 - 12/10/07 03:07 AM Re: Why is a picture required for active membership? [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
BloodRain Offline

Loc: Tx
Definitely understandable, i was only curious as to that exact procedure.

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43977 Topics
406020 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements