Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#289063 - 12/08/07 01:15 PM The Enochian Keys
Moon Shadow Offline

Loc: ohio
As everyone here is familiar, LaVey extensively researched magic and selected Dee's Enochian Keys in ceremony. (Dr. Dee was a scrier, astrologier, in Queen Elizabeth 1's court and very important.)
Because, energy used in magic is neutral, as LaVey stated, and anyone knows, it can be either used destructively or beneficially. LaVey selected the Enochian Keys in the Satanic Mass.
From just having spoken them aloud, as I have, they do as invocations, give the most powerful resonance (vibes)that I've ever come across!

#289456 - 12/10/07 03:16 AM Re: The Enochian Keys [Re: Moon Shadow]
BloodRain Offline

Loc: Tx
is there essays or books available that have the phonetic pronunciation of the Enochian Keys? I'm fascinated by them but fear i'll butcher the hell out of them if i try simply reading aloud.

#289464 - 12/10/07 04:02 AM Re: The Enochian Keys [Re: BloodRain]
shadowraven213 Offline

Have you read the Satanic bible?

#289466 - 12/10/07 04:07 AM Re: The Enochian Keys [Re: shadowraven213]
Taubmann Offline

Loc: Basque Country
Before trying Ritual Magic I suggest you to try some lesser magic, like the infamous Google Spell:

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/EnochianGuide.html

Kierkegaard

#289469 - 12/10/07 04:18 AM Re: The Enochian Keys [Re: Taubmann]
shadowraven213 Offline

Did you intend to reply to me?

#289472 - 12/10/07 04:25 AM Re: The Enochian Keys [Re: shadowraven213]
Taubmann Offline

Loc: Basque Country
No, to Bloodrain.

Kierkegaard

#289484 - 12/10/07 05:31 AM Re: The Enochian Keys [Re: shadowraven213]
BloodRain Offline

Shadowraven213, have you read ANY of the few posts i've made?

Did the thought occur to you that The Satanic Bible i read did not include a phonetic pronunciation key?

Location of a phonetic pronunciation of the Enochian Keys... simple question.

simple non-smartass Answer please, and my apologies for not being fluent in the dead language they where written in.

#289486 - 12/10/07 05:35 AM Re: The Enochian Keys [Re: Taubmann]
BloodRain Offline

Thank you Taubmann, that's all i needed. despite my hatred for google spells i'll try them from now on

#289489 - 12/10/07 05:53 AM Re: The Enochian Keys [Re: BloodRain]
shadowraven213 Offline

It was a question, I am well aware The Satanic Bible holds no phonetic pronunciation key but that wasn't the point to my question.

You say you would "butcher the hell out of them" if you read them aloud, if you remember The Satanic Bible states that its the rhythm and not the pronunciation that is important.

Thats why I asked if you had read it, or is that too smart-ass for you?

#289493 - 12/10/07 06:05 AM Re: The Enochian Keys [Re: shadowraven213]
BloodRain Offline

How can one derive rhythm having never heard the words spoken nor have properly read them? Proper iambic pentameter is next to impossible to derive without correct phonetics.

Either you're being a Smartass or Ignorant... and either way i don't like it.
"Have you read The Satanic Bible?" seems to be the #1 one-liner used here so forgive me for acting in such a defensive manner when you insult my intelligence.

Regardless, i have my answer so please excuse me while i learn more.

#289608 - 12/10/07 05:37 PM Re: The Enochian Keys [Re: BloodRain]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Quote:
How can one derive rhythm having never heard the words spoken nor have properly read them?

Get this. You can hear Magus LaVey reading one of the Keys and get an idea.

Get this, too. There's at least one scene where a Key is being chanted in the background.
Prevention of Virtue

#289628 - 12/10/07 07:03 PM Re: The Enochian Keys [Re: LKRice]
Moon Shadow Offline

Loc: ohio
Satanis The Devil's mass is on Netflix as well! Thanks LK Rice.
Description: An up-close look at Church of Satan founder Anton LaVey and the satanic shenanigans filmed inside his infamous San Francisco "Black House" back in 1969, "Satanis, the Devil's Mass" (86 minutes) is a wonderfully oddball documentary inside one of America's darkest pop-culture curiosities. Along with nude women decorating the altar to a man dressed as a bishop who gets his fanny whipped before climbing in a coffin, you're treated to interviews with LaVey (wearing silly little devil horns) and his flock along with various startled neighbors! Remember, "If you're gonna b ea sinner, be the best sinner on the block!"

#289767 - 12/11/07 04:27 AM Re: The Enochian Keys [Re: BloodRain]
shadowraven213 Offline

Originally Posted By: BloodRain
How can one derive rhythm having never heard the words spoken nor have properly read them?

As it outlines in the book you claim to have read there is no proper way to read them or pronounce them.

Either you're being a Smartass or Ignorant... and either way i don't like it.

I can assure you its the former, don't like it? then just ignore me like I will be doing with you until you calm down.

"Have you read The Satanic Bible?" seems to be the #1 one-liner used here so forgive me for acting in such a defensive manner when you insult my intelligence.

Try to show some of that intelligence and perhaps I wont be able to insult you.

Regardless, i have my answer so please excuse me while i learn more.

It will be my pleasure to excuse you, it seems you have a lot to learn.

#289772 - 12/11/07 04:49 AM Re: The Enochian Keys [Re: BloodRain]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
is there essays or books available that have the phonetic pronunciation of the Enochian Keys? I'm fascinated by them but fear i'll butcher the hell out of them if i try simply reading aloud.

The language itself has, as the book states, "barbaric tonal qualities". So you shouldn't fear too much of a "butchering" since it's not exactly supposed to be an eloquent language in the first place. I find it most effective when I drop my voice a few steps lower than my normal speaking voice, and read it in a guttural way with the consonants generally sounding Germanic and the vowels sounding French or Italian (a final "e" is pronounced "ay", final "i" is pronounched "ee", etc.). I tend to place accents near the end of multi-syllable words. You might also want to re-read the introduction to the Book of Leviathan.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#289893 - 12/11/07 01:14 PM Re: The Enochian Keys [Re: shadowraven213]
Frksgoddess Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Grand Forks, ND
I believe that BloodRain had a very valid question. Even though I have read the Enochian Keys several times, even outloud, I sometimes think I am hacking them terribly. But, then again I am pleasing myself not anyone else.

Words according to LeviathanXIII CoS Priest:
 Quote:
Unless you're Hierarchy or moderation it's not your business to ask if someone has read the Satanic Bible (that includes clever attempts to dodge this by asking what they thought of it), question their status as a Satanist, or otherwise run an inquisition on them or bait them. If you do this I will delete your post.

"Try to show some of that intelligence and perhaps I wont be able to insult you.
It will be my pleasure to excuse you, it seems you have a lot to learn".

Not insulting you or your intelligence just pointing out that you may also have a lot yet to learn, I know I do too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406349 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements