Print Thread
Currently Studying Satanism #291380
12/17/07 11:27 PM
12/17/07 11:27 PM
South Carolina
Bludder Offline OP
Bludder  Offline OP

South Carolina
Hello all, My name is Justin Taylor, I am new to this site and was wondering if you all could help me with a few questions regarding your beliefs. I have been a Christian...all my life and I'm sick to death of all the constant hypocrisy I see on a weekly basis...I have now renounced my faith in God and the Christian faith...then a few months later I found the website to the Church of Satan...being that I was former Christian I avoided it for some time, then I finally read the material...and found it to be...well right, it was right...that is what humans should believe it should be just that simple...I am about to take the final plunge but I must know these things

1. The 200 dollar fee to get the red card...is it some sort of scam...or was I actually looking at the official website to the Church?

2. Is there any other way to be an active member?

Sincerely,

JT

Last edited by Bludder; 12/17/07 11:28 PM.

Some say the World will end in Fire,
Some say in Ice.
But from what I've tasted of Desire,
I go with those who favour fire...
But I've also seen enough of Hate
to know that Destruction Ice
is also Great
and will Suffice...
Re: Currently Studying Satanism [Re: Bludder] #291395
12/18/07 12:21 AM
12/18/07 12:21 AM
Hell's Kitchen, NYC
MagistraNadramia Offline

CoS HighPriestess
MagistraNadramia  Offline

CoS HighPriestess

Hell's Kitchen, NYC
Thank you for your interest.

>1. The 200 dollar fee to get the red card...is it some sort of scam...or was I actually looking at the official website to the Church?

You were actually looking at our site, and that is our fee.

>2. Is there any other way to be an active member?

No, there isn't. When people question the need for a fee, we give the following form response:

-----------------

You don't have to join our organization to consider yourself a Satanist; you only need to recognize yourself in "The Satanic Bible" and live according to the tenets outlined therein.

We don't ask people to join--that is your prerogative. We simply supply the information that explains how you can affiliate if you so choose.

A registration fee was established by Anton LaVey himself and is for LIFETIME membership. Many Christian churches charge you a tithe that counts for 10% of your yearly income.

If you are an individual of limited financial resources, you can put the money aside piecemeal, and join when you have saved it up. We'll still be here, and if it is actually important to you (and one would expect that a religious commitment would have some importance), then you can do it. Look to your other possessions and expenses (most people spend far more than this on general entertainment) and we're certain you can do this if it means something to you to become a member.

We have an actual organization with real people doing work, corresponding
with individuals, and running an international organization (stamps, paper, computers, email accounts, etc. are not free). Our administrative staff's time is precious--isn't yours?

We are also not altruists. We're Satanists, so we expect to be compensated for our time and efforts.

If you disagree, then you don't have to affiliate with us.

--------------

I hope this is of some assistance.

Hail Satan!

Magistra Peggy Nadramia

Please email me with your membership questions - PMs may not be answered.
www.churchofsatan.com
HPNadramia@churchofsatan.com
Re: Currently Studying Satanism [Re: Bludder] #291396
12/18/07 12:29 AM
12/18/07 12:29 AM
Florida
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra
Ygraine  Offline

CoS Magistra

Florida
There is only one way to be a registered member of The Church of Satan, and one must be a registered member to become an active one.

$200.

Now, for someone coming from a faith that wants 10% of your total lifetime income, it seems rather quaint, doesn't it?

You get a red card. No scam, because we don't say or imply anything else. Moreover you need not be a member to be a Satanist---that would be between you & yourself.

However, if you wish to honor the organization that IS Satanism, as per the founder of Satanism, and consider yourself a part of it, well, $200.00 is the price of admission.

I know very few who not only wouldn't regret that cost, but wouldn't willingly have paid more.

Y~

Magistra, Church of Satan/
Autocrat of the Damned

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/
Re: Currently Studying Satanism [Re: Ygraine] #291406
12/18/07 01:05 AM
12/18/07 01:05 AM
South Carolina
Bludder Offline OP
Bludder  Offline OP

South Carolina
Ah thank you all...I have ordered my copy of the Satanic Bible it will be here shortly...from then I will read...but if it is anything like the website then I will be sold...and the Church will gladly have my 200...

thank you for your time and interest

-JT

Some say the World will end in Fire,
Some say in Ice.
But from what I've tasted of Desire,
I go with those who favour fire...
But I've also seen enough of Hate
to know that Destruction Ice
is also Great
and will Suffice...

Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics43,731
Posts401,443
Members13,396
Most Online227
Sep 17th, 2018
Advertisements

hold
Page Time: 0.029s Queries: 14 (0.020s) Memory: 3.7826 MB (Peak: 4.2380 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-12-14 14:59:26 UTC