Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#29165 - 03/04/04 11:35 AM Re: AAAaargh! [Re: HLGwyn]
DavidP Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Arizona
Aside from the little things like parking places in crowded areas, underachievers being moved out of my way making place for me to be take thier place, promotions coming out of the blue when I wanted them, people who tick me off getting their just reward....nah, never experienced it

Seriously, though...being extremely familiar with and constantly being aware of human nature and using lesser magic, with ample doses of NLP, has made it quite easy to get what I want when I want.

Also it has been my experience that the more you use and practice Greater magic, the less you actually have to use a ritual to get the results, your will becomes stronger in time, and your able to focus your desires and emotions more clearly with a greater amount of consistancy, being able to release the emotions and simlpy let them go is "in my honest opinion" paramount to success.

At the end of the greater magic rituals, when you pronounce "IT IS DONE", you should be finished with it mentally and emotionally, at that point, as Anton Lavey has stated, you should act and believe as though what you want to happen has already happened.

I know, I know...this is all basic stuff..but Magic is something I am passionate about, and I tend to ramble about my passions.

#29166 - 03/04/04 12:00 PM Re: Desires. [Re: Felstorm]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

"Empty Cans Rattle Loudest.".

I agree to an extent, but once again, it needs to be said that there are many people in the world that walk the talk they may haphazardly talk. This applies across the board. Like some of those self-proclaimed bad asses in the world (that many dismiss as a shit talker) really are bad asses. Don't believe me? Call them all out. The proof is indeed in the puddin'!.

I have found that many people who coin such phrases as this are themselves not getting or being the things they hear others boast of, and saying this is their way of telling themselves that the other guy isn't getting them either. Just adding a different perspective to that.

Also consider, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease", as I have seen some cases like these that talk so much as a means of "advertisement", and surprisingly it works for them.

I myself am a "quiet guy", for several reasons. No, I do not throw my weight around unless to do so in a tongue-in-cheek manner, and yes, I have in the past been annoyed listening to someone with say a punk attitude talk shit. But who cares? In the end, it's comes down to Stratification. Their bluff will be called sooner or later, just as ours.

#29167 - 03/04/04 12:10 PM Re: Desires. [Re: Caesar]
DavidP Offline
CoS Member

I agree with you.

Coming from a martial arts background, I have seen literlally hundreds self- proclaimed "master' and "grandmasters" who had only been in the martial arts 10 years or less.....the same happens with almost all aspects of life, the more your around, the more pretenders pop out of the woodwork, and they are usually the loudest around.

#29168 - 03/04/04 01:06 PM Re: To be a natural magician. [Re: HLGwyn]
Dreamwalker Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs
Congratulations on achieving your desires : )

It is good to see someone writing about their success; furthermore, it is good to see someone writing about their successful use of ritual.

Flame on :

#29169 - 03/04/04 01:26 PM Re: observations?
Anonymous
Unregistered

What you speak of are not desires.

I think I explained quite early in my previous reply.

A desire is an end result you want to obtain/achieve no matter WHAT. If after weighing all the pro's and cons from going after it, you STILL want to achieve that goal, then it is a desire.

If for one reason or another there is something that holds you back (like a risk you are not willing to take or a side effect that is not worth it) then the end result is not a REAL desire (anymore) It may be an impulse or whatever you want to call it, but no desire, for you are not willing to go all the way for it.

My very first reply in this thread was to Gwyn, telling him I do not agree with what he said about "holding back in getting what you desire, cause you might get it"

If you REALLY desire something, then why should you be afraid to actually get it?

So I still stick my my point;

If you are not willing to go all the way for something, I say it is not a real desire

#29170 - 03/04/04 01:39 PM Re: Desires. [Re: Caesar]
Max Rose Offline

I often times feel that the "empty can" syndrome is a stage of progression. I know that I used to be an empty can about drumming in highschool, but that was because I was a big fish in a little pond. Once I was torn apart in a rythmic battle of sorts by other drummers, I realized the errors of my ways and tripled my efforts to progress. It's kind of like there is a hole in my ego that used to be full, but now I have to struggle EXTRA hard to refill, and as the saying goes "You don't know what you got till its gone,".

I think in the end I will most likely be better off for having been cocky, crushed, and risen again like a phoenix.

Eventually, I will be the master but until then I will keep my f*cking mouth shut.

Lesson Learned.

#29171 - 03/04/04 03:08 PM Re: observations?
Anonymous
Unregistered

There could be unseen consequences along with an achieved desire. Such as winning the lottery - One cannot percieve every consequence, but I doubt anyone would turn down the winning ticket. This IS a desire, but there is doubt along with it, due to the unseen consequences. You might not want it 100%, because there could be downsides that you cannot foresee; However, it is still a desire, even though you do not necessarily want it 100%.

#29172 - 03/04/04 04:33 PM Re: AAAaargh! [Re: HLGwyn]
Roxxxadelic Offline

Loc: Seattle
Quote:

Who cares what anyones motives are? Motives are not solid, nor are they the whole picture

Absolutely true.

Although at least to me, there's a definite relation between motives and desires. Does a motive that is not honestly aligned with ones desire dilute the desire, reducing its potential?

Not likely an issue for people here, as everyone here's quite in touch with their inner desires and needs at the most animalistic level. (ok, a little sarcasm. I myself am still learning, and will continue to try to learn about myself and my inner desires, and how to express those desires)

#29173 - 03/04/04 05:20 PM Jeepers! [Re: DavidP]
HLGwyn Offline

Loc: Colorado
We have a Winnah!

I must agree on the point of formal ritual being needed less as one becomes more pronounced in will.

Excellent post.

#29174 - 03/04/04 05:36 PM Re: Jeepers! [Re: HLGwyn]
DavidP Offline
CoS Member

Do I get a stuffed christian to play with or a bobbin' head devil?

#29175 - 03/04/04 05:42 PM Re: Jeepers! [Re: DavidP]
HLGwyn Offline

Loc: Colorado
I think the Bobbin' Head Devil would provide many more hours of enjoyment.

Ya get a stuffed christian wet, and man do they stink up the place...kinda like they do before they are stuffed. You gotta use at least four cans of ScotchGaurd to keep 'em from soaking up accidental spills, and goin' mouldy.

Hail Satan.
(thanx again for the great post.)

#29176 - 03/04/04 11:45 PM Re: observations?
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are going off-topic here.

We were talking about desires that one can achieve/obtain HIM/HERSELF by putting in effort.

Like I also stated in my very first reply:

Responsibility to the Responsible.

The one who wins the lottery obviously has bought a ticket somewhere along the line. At that point, winning the lottery was a desire, worth the effort of going to the shop and pay a certain amount of money for it.

What happens along the way (like information the person gets about actually WINNING it, people who are suddenly soooooooo eager to be friends with you, or whatever negative side effects winning a lottery can have) is something that can be added up to the cons of actually winning it.

As I said earlier; as soon as something is holding you back to obtain the result (winning the lottery in this case) and that is/becomes more important to you than the goal you were going after, than the original goal is not a real desire anymore. For if it was, then you would not have doubts or think other factors are more important than achieving your goal.

Sheesh, can I be more clear?

Your last post has been off-topic and nitpicking.

I still stand by my first point.

I think you need to sort out what a REAL desire means.
A REAL desire is something....

you know what?

I think I am not gonna explain again.

If you don't get it, or don't agree with me, fine

#29177 - 03/05/04 01:26 AM Re: observations?
Anonymous
Unregistered

One of us should have picked up on the redundancy a long time ago. We're on different sides of the fence, and that is that. It was a good, but unfortunately useless, debate.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43882 Topics
404449 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements