Topic Options
#291662 - 12/18/07 05:21 PM Loging Out
Lust Offline

When using Internet Explorer to view LttD, I am unable to log out. This is not an issue with firefox, only Internet Explorer.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#291676 - 12/18/07 05:44 PM Re: Loging Out [Re: Lust]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Delaware
I'm the exact opposite. I have to LOG-IN TWICE on Firefox, but not on EI.

#291677 - 12/18/07 05:46 PM Re: Loging Out [Re: Eibon]
Lust Offline

I have to log in twice when using firefox too. I can just never log out when using IE.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�

#291704 - 12/18/07 07:46 PM Re: Loging Out [Re: Lust]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
I recently had the same problem and I fixed it by going to "Tools"->"Internet Options"->then "Delete Cookies" and "Delete Temporary Files".
Undercroft Sign Up

#291710 - 12/18/07 07:54 PM Re: Loging Out [Re: Lust]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Tier Instict...I generally do not use IE, but Opera.
However, I just logged off successfully using IE, with no problem.

Edited by Roho_the_Rooster (12/18/07 07:55 PM)
Edit Reason: Was invaded with viruses while on IE.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#291734 - 12/18/07 08:37 PM Re: Loging Out [Re: Enchantress]
Lust Offline

It worked like a charm.

Thank you, Enchantress.

#291738 - 12/18/07 08:55 PM Re: Loging Out [Re: Lust]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
You're very welcome! I'm glad it helped! \:\)
Undercroft Sign Up

#291787 - 12/19/07 12:55 AM Re: Loging Out [Re: Enchantress]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
Blast, you beat me to it

#291852 - 12/19/07 08:48 AM Re: Loging Out [Re: Lust]
Doogie Offline
CoS Member

Loc: London, England
I only use firefox and have never experienced problems logging in. I do, however, use the clear private data option alot.

#293366 - 12/26/07 03:36 PM Re: Loging Out [Re: Doogie]
Wanderlust Offline

Loc: Liverpool, UK.
I hate having to log in twoce on firefox, and when I use the internet on my phone i need to log in twice and it wastes a lot of money! Ha, nevermind.

George Orwell.

#295707 - 01/04/08 09:16 AM Re: Loging Out [Re: Eibon]
farjalikhali Offline

Loc: Colorado
I was about to post a new thread to ask why that happens, then decided to read the last ten or so threads even though none of the titles seemed like they would contain the question I had.

However, since it's been asked here, and others are experiencing the problem... why do I have to log in twice to be logged in? Does anyone know that, or is it a funky bug that some people just have to deal with?

Thank you for your time in reading this. I'm still uncertain of whether or not I should have started a new thread for it, but I don't want to take up another one if that's all right.

Sorry if this is some sort of party foul! Just tell me... I don't really know all the LttD etiquette yet.

Farjali

-Emo Philips

It's hard to be religious when certain people
are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

-Bill Watterson

#297022 - 01/09/08 08:19 PM Re: Loging Out [Re: farjalikhali]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
This is just a general reply to those who are having log in issues. I use Mozilla or now Firefox for almost all Web browsing, unless I happen across a rare site that is designed for IE only which is rare these days. I have not had the issue of needing to log in twice into LTTD, using either Mozilla or Firefox ever that I can think of. A few reasons might be I keep my computer spyware and adware free with tools like Ad-Aware SE personal, and Spyware Blaster for Win systems. I also use the automatic firefox options of deleting personal information, including saved cookies files after the end of each session. I just do not like the idea of storing cookies for long periods of time on a OS system, this presents such a wonderful hacking method for anyone who knows their way around a computer system, to remotely use ones stored browser history for all kinds of nasty things, even hacking into one's own bank account if one does banking from their computer. I would suggest users that are having to log in twice from their PC should remove at least the stored browser cookie files, and if needed users might try clearing the stored browser personal information in their browsers history folder, and see if this corrects the log in issue. Cookie files often become corrupted for various reasons, including ad or spy ware being present on ones pc without the users knowledge. It is often a sneaky programming scheme that ad or spy ware rewrites stored cookies files to redirect PC user information to other sites than the user had originally intended, including the spoofing of web ID sign ons used normally everyday. Not to be paranoid here but it is not to far to assume that there are cookie issues involved here on the user level, when one has to log in twice to a service that normally does not require a double log in need. Only high security banking systems and other security needed sites require such a log in method, meaning multiple login methods to insure the verification of true identities, a public message board does not do this. In short logging in twice to LTTD could mean there is something not right, as far as with the system the user is working with to login to LTTD.

Edited by JayLucif (01/10/08 09:43 PM)

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#297093 - 01/10/08 01:33 AM Re: Loging Out [Re: JayLucif]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: JayLucif
a wonderful hacking method for anyone who knows their way around a computer system, to remotely use ones stored browser history for all kinds of nasty things, even hacking into one's own bank account if one does banking from their computer.

Speaking as one who has worked with many companies in the finance sector and been part of the development of one online banking system I'd say that any bank that uses cookies as part of their online banking solution should be removed from the net and their programmers and designers should be shot on sight.

Since you do not know if the user is on his/her own computer or at say an internet cafe or public library you should never save any information on the local machine.

Sorry for deviating a bit from the subject at hand. A lot of excellent information in there \:\)

#297157 - 01/10/08 10:51 AM Re: Loging Out [Re: JayLucif]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
Here is another possibility from my own experience.

I use a relatively old wireless router (802.11b), which is capable of 11 Mbps. This configuration worked fine on my old G4 iBook, but my new MacBook's wireless makes use of much faster wireless speeds. Whenever I went online I would sit and wait for long periods of time for web pages to load. Oftentimes I would need to refresh or log in multiple times before I was successful. Meanwhile, my wireless router was flashing as if I was downloading / uploading massive amount of data.

Solution: I had to go into the hardware configuration and actually restrict my wireless card's input / output speeds. I was dropping packets left and right, essentially "talking" faster than my router could respond.

Result: No more refreshing and multiple sign-ons for me.

Forum Stats
12164 Members
73 Forums
43923 Topics
405752 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements