12/18/07 08:51 AM
12/18/07 08:51 AM
D
Delta Offline OP
CoS Member
Delta  Offline OP
CoS Member
D

Thank you for taking the time to review my questions. I have looked over the 47 pages of this part of the board and could not find posts that addressed the following, my sincere apologies if I have missed them elsewhere.

Firstly, I have seen again and again that the CoS is not a "Lonely Hearts Group". Though it is not my intention to use the church as a dating service I do hope to meet people of similar interests and beliefs. My first interest in joining is to declare and support an organization that I respect- I would consider it worthwhile even were I never to meet another Satanist, but still: Does the church allow members to find other members in their areas? Do members still meet en masse or has the end of the grotto system discouraged such things?

Second- I am an artist and, forgive my boast, I believe my talents could in some way serve the church. I do not intend to use the church to fund my creative projects but I would be remiss not to let you know what I am capable of. Is the active membership application the proper place to detail my skills or should I wait for another opportunity to do so? I have also seen several artists claiming membership in the church with whom I would like to work, would membership help us find each other or is this an improper aspiration?

Lastly though I find your privacy policy to be most admirable, should the United States suddenly become a christian fundamentalist theocracy, can I trust your offices to burn the documents detailing memberships before the state uses them to send death squads after us?

Thank you for this forum and the ability to post my questions to your most able correspondents, and thank you again for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
-Me

Re: Three Novice Questions [Re: Delta] #291560
12/18/07 03:16 PM
12/18/07 03:16 PM
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister
Phineas  Offline
CoS Magister

The Church of Satan does not put members in touch with each other unless there is a specific event or reason for it, as in working on a project. If someone on this board wishes to meet you in person that is up to them.

Your artistic skills should, first and foremost, serve you. The COS doesn't look for servants. This forum is adequate to mention your abilities, as well as the Formal Application.

Death squads? What evidence do you have that this is in the making? The notion that the USA is going to become a xtian theocracy anytime soon is far fetched. Conspiracy theories do not bode well here. Solid evidence, facts and reason are the norm. Not flights of conspiratorial fantasy.

Membership is not required. That is a personal step you should consider very carefully. It is entirely up to you to decide why it is you want to join, and for what reason.

"Consensus is the absence of leadership." Margaret Thatcher

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll
Re: Three Novice Questions [Re: Phineas] #291669
12/18/07 11:26 PM
12/18/07 11:26 PM
D
Delta Offline OP
CoS Member
Delta  Offline OP
CoS Member
D

Thank you Phineas for your response. If I may restate my questions accordingly:

Will membership help me find other members for the purpose of working on artistic or intellectual ventures that require several like minded people beyond the connections possible on this forum?

Will membership enhance my scope for projects that can represent or further church agendas (as outlined in the 5 point plan, or matters beyond)?

My mention of "Death Squads" was a humorous veneer for a more serious question: Will the Church defend it's members against those who would harm satanists beyond those members ablities to defend themselves?

This third question brings to light two others, Given the Church's respect for laws of the land, what will become of CoS if the laws change to make it an illegal organization (though I don't see the US becoming a total xtian thocracy, I do believe legal changes can occur to be unfavorable to unpopular groups)?

And then, what becomes of this respect for presiding laws when the laws are fiercly unjust, such as segregation or a death sentence for rape victims? Would the church turn over a Saudi rape victim for lashings and execution if the laws of her home so demanded, or does the church practice some form of civil disobediance?

Re: Three Novice Questions [Re: Delta] #291673
12/18/07 11:39 PM
12/18/07 11:39 PM
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister
Phineas  Offline
CoS Magister

If there is a project where your talents would be needed, you would have to prove the validity of that to Central. They would then decide if it warrants placing you in touch with other members.

Membership certainly has its privileges, but be warned, we are a picky bunch, and you get to prove yourself first to be included in any such endeavors.

The rest of your questions, frankly, can be categorized as mental masturbation. It may be entertaining for you to contemplate, but it is a complete waste of time to respond to. That bridge will be crossed if it ever pops up.

"Consensus is the absence of leadership." Margaret Thatcher

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll
Re: Three Novice Questions [Re: Phineas] #291682
12/19/07 12:01 AM
12/19/07 12:01 AM
D
Delta Offline OP
CoS Member
Delta  Offline OP
CoS Member
D

Thanks again for your responses, and my apologies if my more masturbatory hypothetical questions were innapropriate for this forum.

Re: Three Novice Questions [Re: Delta] #291719
12/19/07 02:04 AM
12/19/07 02:04 AM
Inland Empire (Infernal Empire...
Dr. Obscene Offline
CoS Member
Dr. Obscene  Offline
CoS Member

Inland Empire (Infernal Empire...
[Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here. All other replies will be deleted.]

Please note that infoman requested this post be removed after realizing he'd made a mistake.

Thanks to him!

Y~

Last edited by Ygraine; 12/19/07 04:39 PM.

Anthony
HS!

Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics43,731
Posts401,443
Members13,396
Most Online227
Sep 17th, 2018
Advertisements

hold
Page Time: 0.027s Queries: 14 (0.017s) Memory: 3.8022 MB (Peak: 4.2381 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-12-14 14:22:11 UTC