Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#291992 - 12/19/07 07:44 PM Re: Experience Everything! [Re: Lust]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Do as I do AND what I say.
You seem to be a good parent Tier Instinct.
I respect that.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#291993 - 12/19/07 07:48 PM Re: Experience Everything! [Re: Lust]
Max Rose Offline

Quote:
Thats funny!

Actually you're right. It is kind of funny isn't it?

Quote:
There is always a funny story when you hear "I knew this preachers daughter".

I've heard the same is true for Catholic school-girls too.

Quote:
But what about Satan...I mean Santa Claus?

Hmm... good point, well I suppose if you get your jollies making children cry. I prefer stepping on kittens myself.

#291994 - 12/19/07 07:55 PM Re: Experience Everything! [Re: drewcifer9]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Congratulations, Drewcifer. You have rediscovered a very ancient truth.

You may be interested in knowing that this is a grand Christian tradition. To learn more, read the writings of "Saint" Augustine, Martin Luther and Paul the Apostle.

They have each condoned, advocated and encouraged the practice of sin in order to experience God's grace. In fact, the greater the sin, the more of God's grace you will recieve.

Unfortunately for a Satanist, there is no sin. There are only...mistakes (to put a positive spin on things)...from which they either learn, or are eventually destroyed. The rub is, once a Satanist knows an action is...unwise (another positive spin)...there seems to be little they can learn.

PS...I assume that you no longer use this method.

#291999 - 12/19/07 08:14 PM Re: Experience Everything! [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Lust Offline

Thank you, Roho_the_Rooster!

I am the dreaded step-parent! But all three kids make the A Honor Roll.
´┐ŻLove is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.´┐Ż
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#292034 - 12/20/07 01:37 AM Re: Experience Everything! [Re: Lust]
hellbent666 Offline
Banned

Loc: Colorado
I personally have been down many of the "roads" posted in this topic.

I have been the boozing derelict, the hopped up druggie, the infamous felon, the walking dead, and none of them now are very appealing to me at all.

I choose to walk the straight and narrow and hope that I reflect good decision making abilities now because I feel that I have learned from my mistakes. I feel drugs are a waste of precious time and pointless as well as damaging. I feel that drinking to get drunk is just as pointless and eventually makes you appear to be an idiot. Being homeless just sucks all around because no one takes you seriously and you smell terrible amongst many other obvious reasons. And due to this wonderful felony on my record it is tough to get a job and most people think that I'm worthless and doomed to commit more crimes. Great huh?!

If I were to ever have kids, and hopefully I don't, I have all of this experience under my belt to tell them not to do any of the things that I've done. I'm a walking do the right thing add! For now since I don't have kids I'm trying to instill positivity into my siblings by making them take a look at my history and know in their hearts that they don't want that kind of life for themselves. That's where most of those roads end, either in prison or death.

I feel now that I am fully embracing life for the first time in years and man does it feel great! Quite invigorating! To think that I've been dead for that many years of my life is actually quite a rediculous thought. It shouldn't have taken me this long to realize this shit. I consider myself a smart person who has done some really retarded things. But I made my bed now I have to lie in it. The trick now is getting some positive experience out of life which anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

#292052 - 12/20/07 07:42 AM Re: Experience Everything! [Re: hellbent666]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

I have yet to see a case of airing out your mistakes, for the sake of others to learn not have the opposite effect than intended. When someone hears someone else say that they did this, that and the other thing, what they actually hear is…I did all of these things and survived. You can, too! That is all they hear.

#292071 - 12/20/07 09:53 AM Re: Experience Everything! [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
shadowraven213 Offline

Your forgetting the fact that if you make a mistake then you should ensure the least amount of people know about it, its common sense.

As long as the person who has made (then corrected) the mistake acknowledges it no one else really needs to know. Criminal records are different because they are a mistake that some people need to know about, employers for instance.

Shouting your mistakes from rooftops not only encourages idiots to repeat them but also makes you look like a fool for making them in the first place. unfortunately in the world we live in such individuals are idolized. Criminals in gangs are deified by rap music and the media and worshiped by misguided youngsters and can intimidate people just with the label.

I suspect this is what "hellbent666" intended when he displayed his avatar, he wanted us to respect and fear him because he was "gangsta". I have encountered many like him and they don't impress or intimidate me at all in fact they amuse me greatly with their constant displays of idiocy, ending up in a pool of blood and shell casings where they belong.

#292079 - 12/20/07 10:43 AM Re: Experience Everything! [Re: shadowraven213]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

It would be nice if you do not see this as an attack, Shadowraven. It is not. I am also not defending Hellbent. But I doubt your assessment is correct. I could be wrong.

I will only say this one time. I am perfectly willing to give Hellbent a chance to find his momentum. If the last paragraph is an indication of where his head is today, more power to him. As long as someone gives me no reason to suspect that they are a danger to my tribe, or me I have no beef with them. Okay…add animals and children to the list. If someone learns from mistakes…great.

Hellbent…when you post without needlessly referring to your past, I will be glad to participate. Perhaps this would be more appropriate in a private message; but the issue has been displayed in a public manner. Read again the post, by Unknown, that began this thread, and put it into practice. Now is now. If you are really serious about loving life, let the past go. As you said, there will be enough people making an issue of it. Why add to that? Just as I have yet to see telling others the sordid details of our past do any good, I have also not seen anyone who keeps dwelling on that past not returning it. A dog returns to its vomit. Be a man…not a dog. This is the last time I will address this.

#292092 - 12/20/07 11:23 AM Re: Experience Everything! [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
shadowraven213 Offline

What made you think I would perceive disagreement with something I wrote an attack? your allowed to disagree with me as long as you can explain why if I ask.

If I really wanted to know I would have asked him, I said I suspect it because that was the way I perceived it regardless of the actual reason.

It wasn't an attack on hellbent666 either, I made him aware of what I thought about him in a different thread. If anything that he writes proves worthy of reading and thinking about my opinion of him will change accordingly.

#292106 - 12/20/07 12:49 PM Re: Experience Everything! [Re: shadowraven213]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: shadowraven213
What made you think I would perceive disagreement with something I wrote an attack? your allowed to disagree with me as long as you can explain why if I ask.

I understand, and appreciate that. I am more comfortable trying to make my motives explicit, when posting something I feel may be misunderstood. The Internet leaves open the possibility for misunderstandings, even when it should be assumed no offense was meant. It is obvious you understood my motive. \:\)

Thank you.

#292111 - 12/20/07 01:16 PM Re: Experience Everything! [Re: drewcifer9]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
 Originally Posted By: drewcifer9
But when it comes to drinking, smoking, and drugs, I believe we all should experiment first before we speak aganst it.

Personal experiment isn't the only means of experience. In high school and especially college, I saw enough people with their heads hanging over puke-filled toilets to know "That doesn't look like fun".

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ▄bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#292117 - 12/20/07 01:30 PM Re: Experience Everything! [Re: Bill_M]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
 Originally Posted By: Bill_M
 Originally Posted By: drewcifer9
But when it comes to drinking, smoking, and drugs, I believe we all should experiment first before we speak aganst it.

Personal experiment isn't the only means of experience. In high school and especially college, I saw enough people with their heads hanging over puke-filled toilets to know "That doesn't look like fun".

Experimenting first seems to be a weak excuse for engaging in stupid activity.

Drinking excessively? Why would anyone want to do this by their own free will? When I was much younger, I did this to the point of ending up in the hospital. I learned from that mistake, but I would certainly never suggest for anyone to get alcohol poisoning just to experience what it is like. If I drink, I drink one or two drinks, nice and slow. More enjoyable, no risk of idiocy involved.

Smoking? Why would anyone want to experiment with this? Last I heard, it was extremely addictive to those who KEEP experimenting with it. For the smarter ones, the ones who have control, they may choose to smoke a cigar or two every year, but that is about it. This is an entirely different bird, one to big for me to discuss in the five minutes I have before I go to work, but to sum it up, I certainly would never suggest my kids or anyone else under my influence smoke, just to "see how it is."

Drugs are a pretty sensitive topic around here. There are probably a few who have experimented with drugs one way or another, but don't anymore. They are generally smart, and don't discuss it, because A: this isn't a drug forum. B: drugs are illegal. I'm sure there have been more than a few people in the past who decided to "experiment" as such, and ended up in a body bag the next day for one reason or another, or in jail. Whatever personal opinions are formed about drugs and drug legislation is generally something I'm sure people keep private, especially around here...but the bottom line again, the law IS against them at the current point in time. Personally, my opinion is, why waste your time? The only people I have seen drugs have gratifying effects on were idiots with very little else to do in their lives, and often, with too much money to go around. I pretty much formed my opinion on them when I went to a friends house, found out he and three other people had taken magic mushrooms, and then proceeded to watch one of them vomit on himself, and eat it out of fear of losing the effect of the drugs. Yeah, looks like a lot of damn fun to me.

I don't think trying anything, or experimenting, is necessary. If I watch someone jump into a fire and be burned alive, I am quickly able to form the opinion that said thing is not such a great idea, without having to perform the act myself.

Opinions do not always, and indeed, should not always, be formed based on actual experience. A lot of grief can be saved with the use of common sense.

#292212 - 12/20/07 09:42 PM Re: Experience Everything! [Re: drewcifer9]
Colonel Kurtz Offline
CoS Member

This seems like a sad attempt to justify compulsive behavior. There is no wisdom or wealth in drugs, an experiment is not needed to understand this.

#292369 - 12/21/07 05:35 PM Re: Experience Everything! [Re: Colonel Kurtz]
shadowraven213 Offline

Try explaining to a child that fire is hot without them feeling the heat from it.

Some people need to know and not believe, a very Satanic trait.

Its when you find the child sticking his hand into the flames over and over then you know something is wrong.

On a more complex level and on the subject of drugs many people have tried drugs just to see what they do, and then when they know don't do them again. These people try drugs and they are stupid for trying it and because of the illegality but not very stupid, if they don't take it again don't tell many people, keep safe while they're on the drug and avoid a habit.

Then there are people who use "soft" drugs as an "augmentation" of their lives, they perceive their use as purely functional. For example the pothead who smokes at the end of a day to relax, or the people who take ecstasy to "connect" with people at clubs. These people use drugs and are compelled to use them and they are quite stupid deceiving themselves on a regular basis. abusers of alcohol no matter how mild fit this tier. They could stop but many "just don't want to" and constantly try to justify themselves with this phrase.

Then there are the "walking dead" who ARE drugs, everything they do is because, of and for the procurement and taking of drugs. They are pure idiots unless they can drag themselves out of it as some quite stunning individuals have but they are a rarity.

All of these people are stupid but their level of stupidity varies.

#292576 - 12/22/07 06:18 PM Re: Experience Everything! [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
This is a timely post, Unknown...thank you for writing it. The topic is elementary Satanism; but it is well to be reminded. May we all have an indulgent season.

You are most welcome.

I appreciate the positive feedback I got from you.

Be strong!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405808 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements