Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#292719 - 12/23/07 09:56 AM Re: A Satanic Chistmas [Re: ModernTantalus]
SueW Offline
CoS Member

Loc: TN,United States
Try ebay for the ornaments- I got talked into a tree this year (1st time in 15 years) but I insisted that the the ornaments be different. They have several including Betty Boop as the devil , I actually bought a witch cat ornament and well as a mexican devil ornament. Definately something that will take awhile to collect. Next Halloween , I want to get bat lights instead if the blue small ones that I bought this year from Jo Anne's . This year was a last minute decision.

Black wrapping paper? Believe it or not try Hobby Lobby. Not in the Xmas section . You might want to collect Halloween type rubber stamps and print your own designs in red and black (or black and burgandy) on white paper. You can have Kinkos copy your designs if you are not up for doing all of your paper by hand.

Rumour here has it that Borders has black Trees though I have not seen them, it might be worth checking out.

GothMartha Stewart(on line) has a Pagan treetop angel instructions -I made one a couple of years ago but time has not allowed me to retrieve her from storage due to increased hours at work. I am sure that the fertile imaginations here could make her Satanic.

Edited by SueW (12/23/07 09:57 AM)

#292786 - 12/23/07 12:35 PM Re: I Like Christmas [Re: ZJSimon]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

I like Christmas because I get to eat a lot of good food that I can't cook worth a damn.

I also get to hang out with family members that I don't see very often. We all get together and eat, talk shit, drink beer and wine, watch football and play dominoes. You know. Typical black family stuff.

My favorite part of the meeting is when all the food is prepared on the table. We all stand up, join hands and bow our heads. I play along but I can't help but chuckle to myself when I hear the words "In Jesus' name! Hallelulah!"

HS!

#292863 - 12/23/07 04:49 PM Re: I Like Christmas [Re: Callier]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
I'm not a great fan of xmas as I said in a previous thread on the topic. My main contentions are that it's a very boring time of year and you end up being imprisoned at home at everything is closed and your friends are all doing the xmas obligation thing for what seems like two weeks.

That said one thing I liked about xmas this year was this little song which I shall share with you all, instructions are as follows:

Go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/christmasparty/performances/1.shtml
Click on the link at the bottom (christmas party 2)
Skip ahead one set of five minutes and wait until minute 6.15
Do this before 28th December as it's only available for seven days.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#292893 - 12/23/07 07:26 PM Re: A Satanic Chistmas [Re: SueW]
ModernTantalus Offline

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm sure most this stuff could be found somewhere. It'd just be nice to have a one stop shop for that kind of thing.

#292895 - 12/23/07 07:37 PM Black Christmas Trees [Re: SueW]
Sammael Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Detroit, MI
Try Google.

They're a bit on the expensive side, though.

#292897 - 12/23/07 08:06 PM Re: A Satanic Chistmas [Re: SueW]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Spray paint, people, spray paint!

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#292898 - 12/23/07 08:08 PM Re: I Like Christmas [Re: ZJSimon]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I hate Christmas.

And my hatred has nothing to do with the alleged birthday of some mythological figure.

It's a time of the year when I have to suffer all kind of annoyances due to some stupid mass ritual that doesn’t mean anything to me.

I find very stupid that practically every human activity has to be disrupted for an entire month (and some times longer) at this time of the year. For the entire month of December nothing works as it should, because of “the holidays”.

If I need to conduct any kind of business, I’m told that things won’t go back to normality until January due to “the holidays”.

If I need to buy something, I have to stand in long lines among the mindless drones embarked on their shopping spree, because of “the holidays”.

If I need to drive somewhere, the entire city is a huge traffic jam… because of “the holidays”.

Everywhere I go I have to suffer the obnoxious “jingle bell” muzak repeated ad nauseam … The stores are a mess, nothing is in its place, and nobody wants to work… all because of “the holidays”.

Eating? Drinking? Enjoying good time with my family? I can do all that any day I want, any month of the year.

I hate Christmas and I can’t wait for it to be over.

#292900 - 12/23/07 08:21 PM Re: I Like Christmas [Re: ZJSimon]
Sammael Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Detroit, MI
I used to avoid anything Christmas related at all costs.

As I've mentioned on here before, my family is very religious. They are convinced that Jesus is the "reason for the season," and celebrating Christmas without celebrating the birth of Christ is complete and utter hypocrisy.

I remember as a child, many Christmases we would have a cake...... with candles........ and sing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus.

Yes, I am dead serious.

Once I came to reject Christianity and accept Satanism, it took me quite a while to get past my previous conditioning regarding Christmas.

I still don't celebrate in the traditional way (gift giving, and whatnot). Rather, I engage in mass indulgence. On Christmas eve, I enjoy a nice meal (I currently have a ribeye marinating in the fridge right now, which I will enjoy with cheesy garlic redskin mashed potatoes, topped with spicy corn) and get mildly tipsy. On Christmas day, I sleep in and have a rather lazy day (it's incredibly rare that I get to enjoy those).

I also enjoy being blasphemous - I have a Santa hat with devil horns, and enjoy playing the HPLHS "Scary Solstice" CD, as well as "Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics."

Long story short, I have distanced myself from the celebrations with which I was raised. However, I have found my own way to enjoy the holiday. But to me, it's still "just Christmas" - nothing special. No more noteworthy than any other holiday.

#292901 - 12/23/07 08:22 PM Re: I Like Christmas [Re: Old_Pig]
Vestiphobic Offline

Loc: Minnesota
 Originally Posted By: Tha_Pig

Eating? Drinking? Enjoying good time with my family? I can do all that any day I want, any month of the year.

Ahh, but do you?

thats the only good thing about Xmas IMO, and i think the reason it remains a good one is because its the time when people are encouraged to spend time with their loved ones.

#292912 - 12/23/07 09:21 PM Re: I Like Christmas [Re: Vestiphobic]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
 Originally Posted By: Vestiphobic
 Originally Posted By: Tha_Pig

Ahh, but do you?

thats the only good thing about Xmas IMO, and i think the reason it remains a good one is because its the time when people are encouraged to spend time with their loved ones.

So, what exactly stops me from spending time with my "loved ones" at any other moment of the year?

And why should I synchronize my "fun time" with the herd?

#292915 - 12/23/07 10:37 PM Re: I Like Christmas [Re: Old_Pig]
HammerOfDoubt Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
Think about what is implied about human society that we have to put ourselves through such panic and stress and consumption and huddling to just have a few days of peace in Winter.

None of the other animals put themselves through something like this.

You can't even draw parallels to hibernation, because we don't really stop, and we don't do it for the whole Winter.

Bah Humbug!

#292928 - 12/23/07 11:25 PM Re: I Like Christmas [Re: HammerOfDoubt]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
I'm with you and Mr. Tha_Pig on this one. Christmas is a bloated scam for the retards. I feel yuletide joy for all the suckers that spend all their money, run-up their credit cards, and subject themselves to "family" and "friends" they truly wish they could kill! And we get gems like this...

"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#292931 - 12/23/07 11:42 PM Re: I Like Christmas [Re: Danny Mc.]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
I do it because I always have done it.

I do not go out spending hundreds of dollars on gifts for nobodies who I wouldn't shake a stick at. My girlfriend and I have a gift exchange, and that is about the extent of it. We go to her parents house Christmas day, which I actually enjoy doing, because they are extremely laid back people. We drink, we talk, we enjoy a massive turkey dinner.

I would not bother going out of my way to reject Christmas, as for me, it is an enjoyable day. I have never had a bad one. I do not phone family members, I do not collaberate with them. Christmas eve I spend, and always have, with my mother, who cooks a good meal, and makes homeemade nanaimo bars. (Those of you in the states, not sure if you are familiar with them. They rock.)

If Christmas became a nuisance, or a money draining day of loathing, I would not do anything for it. But it isn't for me, so I do.

#292933 - 12/24/07 12:02 AM Re: I Like Christmas [Re: TheDegenerate]
HammerOfDoubt Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
Don't get me wrong. I like Xmas. I like swapping gifts with loved ones and cold weather and cheesy feel-good Holiday songs and relaxing with friends and family. What I'm saying is to think about how backwards people have it that they turn the Winter into a time of frenzied guilt-trip consumer madness. The suicide rate skyrockets, the "big-shot" complex balloons as people come to believe their present has an overriding importance over anyone else's, and the masses drive themselves into misery and debt.

All I can do is just look at them from my chair and think "What the hell is wrong with these people?"

#292937 - 12/24/07 12:17 AM Re: I Like Christmas [Re: HammerOfDoubt]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Agreed.

What seems more satisfying to most is the false sense of altruism they have at the concept of spending hundreds to give said gifts. If the favor is not returned adequately, or not appreciated, they will become bitter and mad. Christmas, in essence, is therefore about "giving to receive" rather then giving and receiving, or just plain giving. (It's original intent, according to any song I have ever heard on the subject.) If someone I hate buys me something thinking they will earn my respect, all that has taken place is that I have received a free gift, and they have lost even MORE of my respect for thinking my fondness can be BOUGHT.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12281 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404442 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements