Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#292211 - 12/20/07 09:37 PM Dragon Rouge
tubalcain Offline

Loc: Ocosingo, Chiapas, Mexico
Greetings,
Perhaps I might have mistaken the forum, but since this is a general question about satansim im posting it here; does anybody around there, know something about the Dragon Rouge Order, which is a satanist order from Northern Europe,based in Stockholm and growing fast in Europe and America, that practices many satanic rituals?

Thanks all.

Have a great Winter Solstice!
HS!

"Most people are perfectly content ignoring the shadow that hides behind their eyes. They surround themselves with light, pretending that this can chase away even the darkness they carry within. when these people encounter darkness outside of themselves, they hate it and they run from it because it reminds them of the darkness they are hiding from inside themselves. There is never any reolution or balance for these people, because they refuse to accept that the shadow is even part of them." Michelle Belanger

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious" Carl Jung

"Embracing the darkness is embracing freedom" Corvis Nocturnum

#292349 - 12/21/07 02:38 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
Exactly what Satanic rituals are they practicing?

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#292351 - 12/21/07 02:49 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Considering one of the authors studied by this group is Carlos Castaneda, whose ideas are in opposition to ours, I can personally see no connection between them and us.

If I may make a suggestion…there are sure to be other idiots, like myself, who will probably confuse the issue. Knowledgeable members of the priesthood, or possibly a Magister will answer any question put forth in the “Questions About the Church of Satan” forum. ;\)

Happy Winter Solstice to you, as well.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#292353 - 12/21/07 02:52 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Castaneda, he is the one who worked with a shaman in Mexico, correct?

I have read a bit of his work. Interesting fantasy to be sure. There was a Simpsons episode based on his ideas, the one where Homer eats the insanity pepper and goes on a spiritual journey.

#292355 - 12/21/07 03:00 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: TheDegenerate]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: Phosis
Castaneda, he is the one who worked with a shaman in Mexico, correct?

I have read a bit of his work. Interesting fantasy to be sure. There was a Simpsons episode based on his ideas, the one where Homer eats the insanity pepper and goes on a spiritual journey.

He is the one.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#292372 - 12/21/07 05:56 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: spook show]
tubalcain Offline

Loc: Ocosingo, Chiapas, Mexico
Gee thanks for aswering! Maybe more than Carlos Castaneda, they are working with Nordic Magic, Samic magic (?) Grimories, and so forth, there are polish and german authors whose works(some) are availabe in America such as "Glimpses of the Left Hand Path" , The book of Mephisto", "Necronomicon Gnosis", "Embracing the Dark: the Magic Order of the Dragon Rouge", they are a left hand pathed order, perhaps a Northern European satanism, Im not very familiar with Northern European satanism or magical ceremonies, but would like to have a more objective point of view of this left hand path.

HS!
"Most people are perfectly content ignoring the shadow that hides behind their eyes. They surround themselves with light, pretending that this can chase away even the darkness they carry within. when these people encounter darkness outside of themselves, they hate it and they run from it because it reminds them of the darkness they are hiding from inside themselves. There is never any reolution or balance for these people, because they refuse to accept that the shadow is even part of them." Michelle Belanger

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious" Carl Jung

"Embracing the darkness is embracing freedom" Corvis Nocturnum

#292374 - 12/21/07 06:04 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
"Necronomicon Gnosis"

That sounds.... gelatinous!

#292380 - 12/21/07 06:47 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Isn't that the demon-worshiping group that advocates psychedelic drug use?

If so, then they are not Satanists at all.

#292381 - 12/21/07 06:52 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Originally Posted By: tubalcain
Im not very familiar with Northern European satanism

There is only one Satanism. It was codified and presented to the world by Magus LaVey. Everything else is a copy, and usually a bad one.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#292382 - 12/21/07 06:55 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: Phineas]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Phineas
 Originally Posted By: tubalcain
Im not very familiar with Northern European satanism

There is only one Satanism. It was codified and presented to the world by Magus LaVey. Everything else is a copy, and usually a bad one.

And that's the bottom line, because Magus LaVey, did so!

Edited by Tier Instinct (12/21/07 07:01 PM)
Edit Reason: Emphasis
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#292388 - 12/21/07 07:14 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: Phineas]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
Oh and my favorite quote comes to mind:

"When people ask me, 'What gives you the right to suggest standards for others?', my answer is, 'If I don't, someone else, perhaps less qualified, will.' History has proven that qualification is based on acceptance. The end justifies the means."

Anton LaVey - The Devil's Notebook.

But even now, there are STILL people that think they are qualified at coming up with something that they want to call Satanism. More often than not, they intend to make it into the antithesis of The Church of Satan, which is ridiculous in the first place, but then they load it down with spirituality and new age nonsense that it becomes as asinine as the white light religions which they harp incessantly against.

#292441 - 12/22/07 12:20 AM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: Nemo]
VictorWolf Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Nemo
Isn't that the demon-worshiping group that advocates psychedelic drug use?

If so, then they are not Satanists at all.

Need more be said?

#292461 - 12/22/07 03:42 AM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
If one looks at the Wikipedia article on them it seems that it does not refer to them as Satanists, but as a magical order of the left hand path.

Sounds to me more like they're a bunch of goth and metal fans with an interest in the occult. Why do you refer to them as Satanists?

#292464 - 12/22/07 04:02 AM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Their website says that you have to pay an annual subscription of 40 euros, which will enable you to order their courses (suggesting further payment) so that you can become initiated.

Compare this with the Bunco sheet available on the Church of Satan website.

Quote:
Look out for jargon and secrets to which only the initiated can be privy. Once youre processed through the lengthy and strictly-enforced degree system, youll discover there are really no answers, just more gobbledygook. If they have something worthwhile to say, theyll say it. If they dont, theyll pretend they do anyway.

Why should one pay an annual fee to study the philosophy of Nietzsche and the operas of Wagner when you can do that for free on your own?

#292529 - 12/22/07 01:07 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
"Diet Satanism"

Tastes almost as the real thing... but has none of the substance.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
11893 Members
73 Forums
43641 Topics
404162 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements