Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#292530 - 12/22/07 01:08 PM Charging money is Satanic. [Re: verszou]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
What part of the Bunco Sheet says that charging money for services or goods is somehow non-Satanic?

Quote:
Why should one pay an annual fee to study the philosophy of Nietzsche and the operas of Wagner when you can do that for free on your own?

Perhaps because the service might be offered by a renowned expert on the subject?

Perhaps because you might better trust a source from Oxford University than a pimple-faced kid producing a website from his mother's basement?

Price may not always correlate to quality but the greatest lie in world is "the best things in life are free."

Actually the worst things in life are free: disease, aging, pain, poverty and death are all completely free for the taking!

Charging money for what you produce is highly Satanic.

I should double the price for my book The Fire From Within right now to reflect this. ;\)

#292532 - 12/22/07 01:17 PM Re: Charging money is Satanic. [Re: Nemo]
Storm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: West Valley, UT, USA
Magister Nemo,
This is one of the greatest pieces of rhetoric I've read - very well said! Or as the Britts say, "Spot on!"

~Storm

"When Hell is Full of Souls, The Tattooed Will Walk the Earth."
~Bob Tyrrell, The Night Gallery Tattoo

Facebook: facebook.com/artonyoustudios

#292622 - 12/22/07 10:18 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: verszou]
tubalcain Offline

Loc: Ocosingo, Chiapas, Mexico
Yeah...good point...good question,..hmmm well maybe because in their literature, they suddenly sound as though, besides they oppose white light logics, they speak of antinomianism as "an attitude of opposing commonly accepted normas and values as an important element of the Lef Hand Path", and self-deification; in Glimpses of the Left Hand Path, states, "a LHP magician must recognize and explore ones internal darkness in order to iluminate it with the light of knowledge and understanding", further it reads.."However, the Left Hand Path adpet goes through a conscious process of integrating his own consciousness, and thus one is able to preserve ones wholeness and unity, and resist the force of collective consciousness." Ad so forth...well but what then? are they or they not Satanists?...hmmm..your question made me think. Is there somethig Im missing? Maybe I should go back to The Satanic Bible and reread again. As many times Nemo has said, we got to study and go back to the basics, dont be an ignorant. So then I should reconsider my own definition of Satanism as well. Would it be then that not all Left Hand Path adepts are Satanists? But all Satanists are Left Hand Pathed?

Maybe in Denmark you could get some more references on this kind of org.

Thanks for the remark

HS!
"Most people are perfectly content ignoring the shadow that hides behind their eyes. They surround themselves with light, pretending that this can chase away even the darkness they carry within. when these people encounter darkness outside of themselves, they hate it and they run from it because it reminds them of the darkness they are hiding from inside themselves. There is never any reolution or balance for these people, because they refuse to accept that the shadow is even part of them." Michelle Belanger

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious" Carl Jung

"Embracing the darkness is embracing freedom" Corvis Nocturnum

#292673 - 12/23/07 04:08 AM Re: Charging money is Satanic. [Re: Nemo]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: Nemo
What part of the Bunco Sheet says that charging money for services or goods is somehow non-Satanic?

It does not say that, but I can see that from the way I wrote my post it looks that way.

My intention was to point out that their system of initiation seems to fit with the bunco sheet.

The other part about paying to study Nietzsche and Wagner was my own evaluation based on the way they present themselves on the website. In my opinion they do not seem to be worth the money.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

I make my living by selling my knowledge and pay other experts to add to that (or rather my company does). So I very much agree with your position on charging money.

I really should not encourage you to do so, but I would think that after the reception of your first book you would be able to charge more for the second one without any complaints from your readers \:\)

#292675 - 12/23/07 04:34 AM Re: Charging money is Satanic. [Re: Nemo]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe

Quote:
Why should one pay an annual fee to study the philosophy of Nietzsche and the operas of Wagner when you can do that for free on your own?

Perhaps because the service might be offered by a renowned expert on the subject?

Perhaps because you might better trust a source from Oxford University than a pimple-faced kid producing a website from his mother's basement?

Price may not always correlate to quality but the greatest lie in world is "the best things in life are free."

Actually the worst things in life are free: disease, aging, pain, poverty and death are all completely free for the taking!

Charging money for what you produce is highly Satanic.

I should double the price for my book The Fire From Within right now to reflect this. ;\)

I'm very happy I bought it at the original price then, go ahead Magister. \:\)

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#293191 - 12/25/07 03:56 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
tubalcain Offline

Well, after bothering to find out some more, I can just let you know,nope, they are not Satanists...its origin comes from Kenneth Grant, reviewing some Crowleyan ideas, such as "Luciferian Kabbalah"; which puts them more on an occultist arena rather. Mr. Crowley used to call himself The Beast, but never actually recognized Satanism in his works, how can that be honest? So, there are xthians and self named satanists mixed together working with the dark path...what?.. yep..so it is. You know what they say?...Why go to Lavey, if we can develope new ways? So then, for me its clear now, Ive had my answer just bothering some more.

Greetings in this Winter Solstice.
HS!
"Most people are perfectly content ignoring the shadow that hides behind their eyes. They surround themselves with light, pretending that this can chase away even the darkness they carry within. when these people encounter darkness outside of themselves, they hate it and they run from it because it reminds them of the darkness they are hiding from inside themselves. There is never any reolution or balance for these people, because they refuse to accept that the shadow is even part of them." Michelle Belanger

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious" Carl Jung

#293206 - 12/25/07 05:45 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
I have one of DR's books actually, even though I havn't read it in years. I recall that they worship Lilith, but it could be they only use her symbolicly...

EDIT: I have also met one initiate of DR. Apart from being extremly anoying, he told me that they practice a ritual which involes firewalking.

Hail Santa!

Edited by The Black Waltz (12/25/07 05:54 PM)

#293219 - 12/25/07 07:20 PM Re: Charging money is Satanic. [Re: verszou]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Thanks for clarifying what you meant.

It did seem out of step with what I perceived as your views.

Quote:
I really should not encourage you to do so, but I would think that after the reception of your first book you would be able to charge more for the second one without any complaints from your readers.

Ah! Now I can blame you and dodge the responsibility?

"Volume Two - only $1,000!" ;\)

#293220 - 12/25/07 07:23 PM Re: Charging money is Satanic. [Re: x9x]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:
I'm very happy I bought it at the original price then, go ahead Magister.

Bought it?

I guess you didn't read that fine print!

Thanks for the non-refundable down payment!!!

Just kidding.

#293239 - 12/25/07 10:41 PM Re: Charging money is Satanic. [Re: Nemo]
Hadrian Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Charm City
Oh no! Please don't! I haven't gotten mine yet!

#293275 - 12/26/07 06:55 AM Re: Charging money is Satanic. [Re: Nemo]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Ah! Now I can blame you and dodge the responsibility?

"Volume Two - only $1,000!" ;\)

I will start practicing my speech on how forming an angry mob of LttD users would be very un-Satanic and hope to slip away unnoticed during the debate that ensues

#293277 - 12/26/07 07:13 AM Re: Charging money is Satanic. [Re: verszou]
capistrano Offline

Loc: Baguio City, Philippines
Magister Nemo's humor. My, it goes well with my signature below but re-phrased: "The un-thought laugh is not worth laughing."

Great great great!

#293282 - 12/26/07 07:55 AM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
One real easy way to know, pretty much right off the bat, if something is associated with Satanism is to note if it is associated with The Church of Satan.

I do not mean that mindless acceptance of everything everyone associated with the Church does needs to be swallowed hook, line and sinker. Nor can it be assumed that only members of the Church can be or do something “satanic”. It does help to separate the weeds from the wheat, however. No need to reinvent the wheel. You are wise to know that reading other names as founders is a dead give away that you are not in contact with the Satanic. Well done.

On a side note…not directly related to this thread…but close enough to perhaps be considered on topic…or not. It is natural, when learning about something new to the reader, to try to limit their reading to just that subject. At first, it helps to avoid confusion. Given time, however, a well read Satanist need not be limited to subjects directly related to Satanism; or, written only by a Satanist. There are many interesting books, even on the subject of the occult that may be of interest to a Satanist, yet not written by a Satanist. I have read many authors who have informed me, as a Satanist, written by authors who may well have no idea what Satanism is. Some are even from people who may be considered “white lighters”. Anyway…just a stray thought.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#293380 - 12/26/07 04:55 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
tubalcain Offline

I agree with you Roho on your thoughts about occultist literature, there sure are!

#293382 - 12/26/07 05:02 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: Mr Avarice]
tubalcain Offline

Gee, so its like a strawberry milkshake with a pair of cookies..!
Thanks Black Waltz.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12202 Members
73 Forums
43990 Topics
406088 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements