Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#292211 - 12/20/07 09:37 PM Dragon Rouge
tubalcain Offline

Loc: Ocosingo, Chiapas, Mexico
Greetings,
Perhaps I might have mistaken the forum, but since this is a general question about satansim im posting it here; does anybody around there, know something about the Dragon Rouge Order, which is a satanist order from Northern Europe,based in Stockholm and growing fast in Europe and America, that practices many satanic rituals?

Thanks all.

Have a great Winter Solstice!
HS!

"Most people are perfectly content ignoring the shadow that hides behind their eyes. They surround themselves with light, pretending that this can chase away even the darkness they carry within. when these people encounter darkness outside of themselves, they hate it and they run from it because it reminds them of the darkness they are hiding from inside themselves. There is never any reolution or balance for these people, because they refuse to accept that the shadow is even part of them." Michelle Belanger

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious" Carl Jung

"Embracing the darkness is embracing freedom" Corvis Nocturnum

#292349 - 12/21/07 02:38 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
Exactly what Satanic rituals are they practicing?

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#292351 - 12/21/07 02:49 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Considering one of the authors studied by this group is Carlos Castaneda, whose ideas are in opposition to ours, I can personally see no connection between them and us.

If I may make a suggestion…there are sure to be other idiots, like myself, who will probably confuse the issue. Knowledgeable members of the priesthood, or possibly a Magister will answer any question put forth in the “Questions About the Church of Satan” forum. ;\)

Happy Winter Solstice to you, as well.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#292353 - 12/21/07 02:52 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Castaneda, he is the one who worked with a shaman in Mexico, correct?

I have read a bit of his work. Interesting fantasy to be sure. There was a Simpsons episode based on his ideas, the one where Homer eats the insanity pepper and goes on a spiritual journey.

#292355 - 12/21/07 03:00 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: TheDegenerate]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Phosis
Castaneda, he is the one who worked with a shaman in Mexico, correct?

I have read a bit of his work. Interesting fantasy to be sure. There was a Simpsons episode based on his ideas, the one where Homer eats the insanity pepper and goes on a spiritual journey.

He is the one.

#292372 - 12/21/07 05:56 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: spook show]
tubalcain Offline

Gee thanks for aswering! Maybe more than Carlos Castaneda, they are working with Nordic Magic, Samic magic (?) Grimories, and so forth, there are polish and german authors whose works(some) are availabe in America such as "Glimpses of the Left Hand Path" , The book of Mephisto", "Necronomicon Gnosis", "Embracing the Dark: the Magic Order of the Dragon Rouge", they are a left hand pathed order, perhaps a Northern European satanism, Im not very familiar with Northern European satanism or magical ceremonies, but would like to have a more objective point of view of this left hand path.

HS!
"Most people are perfectly content ignoring the shadow that hides behind their eyes. They surround themselves with light, pretending that this can chase away even the darkness they carry within. when these people encounter darkness outside of themselves, they hate it and they run from it because it reminds them of the darkness they are hiding from inside themselves. There is never any reolution or balance for these people, because they refuse to accept that the shadow is even part of them." Michelle Belanger

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious" Carl Jung

#292374 - 12/21/07 06:04 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
"Necronomicon Gnosis"

That sounds.... gelatinous!

#292380 - 12/21/07 06:47 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Isn't that the demon-worshiping group that advocates psychedelic drug use?

If so, then they are not Satanists at all.

#292381 - 12/21/07 06:52 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Originally Posted By: tubalcain
Im not very familiar with Northern European satanism

There is only one Satanism. It was codified and presented to the world by Magus LaVey. Everything else is a copy, and usually a bad one.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#292382 - 12/21/07 06:55 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: Phineas]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Phineas
Im not very familiar with Northern European satanism

There is only one Satanism. It was codified and presented to the world by Magus LaVey. Everything else is a copy, and usually a bad one.

And that's the bottom line, because Magus LaVey, did so!

Edited by Tier Instinct (12/21/07 07:01 PM)
Edit Reason: Emphasis
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#292388 - 12/21/07 07:14 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: Phineas]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
Oh and my favorite quote comes to mind:

"When people ask me, 'What gives you the right to suggest standards for others?', my answer is, 'If I don't, someone else, perhaps less qualified, will.' History has proven that qualification is based on acceptance. The end justifies the means."

Anton LaVey - The Devil's Notebook.

But even now, there are STILL people that think they are qualified at coming up with something that they want to call Satanism. More often than not, they intend to make it into the antithesis of The Church of Satan, which is ridiculous in the first place, but then they load it down with spirituality and new age nonsense that it becomes as asinine as the white light religions which they harp incessantly against.

#292441 - 12/22/07 12:20 AM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: Nemo]
VictorWolf Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Nemo
Isn't that the demon-worshiping group that advocates psychedelic drug use?

If so, then they are not Satanists at all.

Need more be said?

#292461 - 12/22/07 03:42 AM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
If one looks at the Wikipedia article on them it seems that it does not refer to them as Satanists, but as a magical order of the left hand path.

Sounds to me more like they're a bunch of goth and metal fans with an interest in the occult. Why do you refer to them as Satanists?

#292464 - 12/22/07 04:02 AM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
verszou Offline

Their website says that you have to pay an annual subscription of 40 euros, which will enable you to order their courses (suggesting further payment) so that you can become initiated.

Compare this with the Bunco sheet available on the Church of Satan website.

Quote:
Look out for jargon and secrets to which only the initiated can be privy. Once youre processed through the lengthy and strictly-enforced degree system, youll discover there are really no answers, just more gobbledygook. If they have something worthwhile to say, theyll say it. If they dont, theyll pretend they do anyway.

Why should one pay an annual fee to study the philosophy of Nietzsche and the operas of Wagner when you can do that for free on your own?

#292529 - 12/22/07 01:07 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
Old_Pig Offline

"Diet Satanism"

Tastes almost as the real thing... but has none of the substance.

#292530 - 12/22/07 01:08 PM Charging money is Satanic. [Re: verszou]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

What part of the Bunco Sheet says that charging money for services or goods is somehow non-Satanic?

Quote:
Why should one pay an annual fee to study the philosophy of Nietzsche and the operas of Wagner when you can do that for free on your own?

Perhaps because the service might be offered by a renowned expert on the subject?

Perhaps because you might better trust a source from Oxford University than a pimple-faced kid producing a website from his mother's basement?

Price may not always correlate to quality but the greatest lie in world is "the best things in life are free."

Actually the worst things in life are free: disease, aging, pain, poverty and death are all completely free for the taking!

Charging money for what you produce is highly Satanic.

I should double the price for my book The Fire From Within right now to reflect this. ;\)

#292532 - 12/22/07 01:17 PM Re: Charging money is Satanic. [Re: Nemo]
Storm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: West Valley, UT, USA
Magister Nemo,
This is one of the greatest pieces of rhetoric I've read - very well said! Or as the Britts say, "Spot on!"

~Storm

"When Hell is Full of Souls, The Tattooed Will Walk the Earth."
~Bob Tyrrell, The Night Gallery Tattoo

Facebook: facebook.com/artonyoustudios

#292622 - 12/22/07 10:18 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: verszou]
tubalcain Offline

Yeah...good point...good question,..hmmm well maybe because in their literature, they suddenly sound as though, besides they oppose white light logics, they speak of antinomianism as "an attitude of opposing commonly accepted normas and values as an important element of the Lef Hand Path", and self-deification; in Glimpses of the Left Hand Path, states, "a LHP magician must recognize and explore ones internal darkness in order to iluminate it with the light of knowledge and understanding", further it reads.."However, the Left Hand Path adpet goes through a conscious process of integrating his own consciousness, and thus one is able to preserve ones wholeness and unity, and resist the force of collective consciousness." Ad so forth...well but what then? are they or they not Satanists?...hmmm..your question made me think. Is there somethig Im missing? Maybe I should go back to The Satanic Bible and reread again. As many times Nemo has said, we got to study and go back to the basics, dont be an ignorant. So then I should reconsider my own definition of Satanism as well. Would it be then that not all Left Hand Path adepts are Satanists? But all Satanists are Left Hand Pathed?

Maybe in Denmark you could get some more references on this kind of org.

Thanks for the remark

HS!

#292673 - 12/23/07 04:08 AM Re: Charging money is Satanic. [Re: Nemo]
verszou Offline

What part of the Bunco Sheet says that charging money for services or goods is somehow non-Satanic?

It does not say that, but I can see that from the way I wrote my post it looks that way.

My intention was to point out that their system of initiation seems to fit with the bunco sheet.

The other part about paying to study Nietzsche and Wagner was my own evaluation based on the way they present themselves on the website. In my opinion they do not seem to be worth the money.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

I make my living by selling my knowledge and pay other experts to add to that (or rather my company does). So I very much agree with your position on charging money.

I really should not encourage you to do so, but I would think that after the reception of your first book you would be able to charge more for the second one without any complaints from your readers \:\)

#292675 - 12/23/07 04:34 AM Re: Charging money is Satanic. [Re: Nemo]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe

Quote:

Perhaps because the service might be offered by a renowned expert on the subject?

Perhaps because you might better trust a source from Oxford University than a pimple-faced kid producing a website from his mother's basement?

Price may not always correlate to quality but the greatest lie in world is "the best things in life are free."

Actually the worst things in life are free: disease, aging, pain, poverty and death are all completely free for the taking!

Charging money for what you produce is highly Satanic.

I should double the price for my book The Fire From Within right now to reflect this. ;\)

I'm very happy I bought it at the original price then, go ahead Magister. \:\)

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#293191 - 12/25/07 03:56 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
tubalcain Offline

Well, after bothering to find out some more, I can just let you know,nope, they are not Satanists...its origin comes from Kenneth Grant, reviewing some Crowleyan ideas, such as "Luciferian Kabbalah"; which puts them more on an occultist arena rather. Mr. Crowley used to call himself The Beast, but never actually recognized Satanism in his works, how can that be honest? So, there are xthians and self named satanists mixed together working with the dark path...what?.. yep..so it is. You know what they say?...Why go to Lavey, if we can develope new ways? So then, for me its clear now, Ive had my answer just bothering some more.

Greetings in this Winter Solstice.
HS!

#293206 - 12/25/07 05:45 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
I have one of DR's books actually, even though I havn't read it in years. I recall that they worship Lilith, but it could be they only use her symbolicly...

EDIT: I have also met one initiate of DR. Apart from being extremly anoying, he told me that they practice a ritual which involes firewalking.

Hail Santa!

Edited by The Black Waltz (12/25/07 05:54 PM)

#293219 - 12/25/07 07:20 PM Re: Charging money is Satanic. [Re: verszou]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Thanks for clarifying what you meant.

It did seem out of step with what I perceived as your views.

Quote:
I really should not encourage you to do so, but I would think that after the reception of your first book you would be able to charge more for the second one without any complaints from your readers.

Ah! Now I can blame you and dodge the responsibility?

"Volume Two - only $1,000!" ;\)

#293220 - 12/25/07 07:23 PM Re: Charging money is Satanic. [Re: x9x]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:
I'm very happy I bought it at the original price then, go ahead Magister.

Bought it?

I guess you didn't read that fine print!

Thanks for the non-refundable down payment!!!

Just kidding.

#293239 - 12/25/07 10:41 PM Re: Charging money is Satanic. [Re: Nemo]
Hadrian Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Charm City
Oh no! Please don't! I haven't gotten mine yet!

#293275 - 12/26/07 06:55 AM Re: Charging money is Satanic. [Re: Nemo]
verszou Offline

Ah! Now I can blame you and dodge the responsibility?

"Volume Two - only $1,000!" ;\)

I will start practicing my speech on how forming an angry mob of LttD users would be very un-Satanic and hope to slip away unnoticed during the debate that ensues

#293277 - 12/26/07 07:13 AM Re: Charging money is Satanic. [Re: verszou]
capistrano Offline

Loc: Baguio City, Philippines
Magister Nemo's humor. My, it goes well with my signature below but re-phrased: "The un-thought laugh is not worth laughing."

Great great great!

#293282 - 12/26/07 07:55 AM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

One real easy way to know, pretty much right off the bat, if something is associated with Satanism is to note if it is associated with The Church of Satan.

I do not mean that mindless acceptance of everything everyone associated with the Church does needs to be swallowed hook, line and sinker. Nor can it be assumed that only members of the Church can be or do something “satanic”. It does help to separate the weeds from the wheat, however. No need to reinvent the wheel. You are wise to know that reading other names as founders is a dead give away that you are not in contact with the Satanic. Well done.

On a side note…not directly related to this thread…but close enough to perhaps be considered on topic…or not. It is natural, when learning about something new to the reader, to try to limit their reading to just that subject. At first, it helps to avoid confusion. Given time, however, a well read Satanist need not be limited to subjects directly related to Satanism; or, written only by a Satanist. There are many interesting books, even on the subject of the occult that may be of interest to a Satanist, yet not written by a Satanist. I have read many authors who have informed me, as a Satanist, written by authors who may well have no idea what Satanism is. Some are even from people who may be considered “white lighters”. Anyway…just a stray thought.

#293380 - 12/26/07 04:55 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
tubalcain Offline

I agree with you Roho on your thoughts about occultist literature, there sure are!

#293382 - 12/26/07 05:02 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: Mr Avarice]
tubalcain Offline

Gee, so its like a strawberry milkshake with a pair of cookies..!
Thanks Black Waltz.

#293396 - 12/26/07 05:53 PM You haven't gotten yours yet? [Re: Hadrian]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Then just for you I will triple the price!

Just kidding.

#293432 - 12/26/07 07:44 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
Mr Avarice Offline

Gee, so its like a strawberry milkshake with a pair of cookies..!
Thanks Black Waltz.

...And plenty of nuts, if you ask me.
At least up here in the cold north...

#293501 - 12/26/07 09:57 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: Mr Avarice]
tubalcain Offline

Yeah Black Waltz, just save some for me...Im sure you are really "cool" way up there ha?
Have a great time this Winter Solstice! Nice hat by the way.

#293518 - 12/27/07 12:09 AM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
VictorWolf Offline
CoS Member

Northern Europe! The fun place that brought us such wonders as Church Burning Black Metalists, now bring the Dragon Rouge.

What will they think of next?

My question is, how many times can you repackage a message before some calls it for bullshit.

#293575 - 12/27/07 09:29 AM Re: Charging money is Satanic. [Re: Hadrian]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Shame on you, my friend!

The good Magister should indeed triple the price!

#293634 - 12/27/07 01:48 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: VictorWolf]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Let's see, the Old Testament, the New Testament....every other religion that believes in a "big guy" but switches the rules a tiny bit to call it their own...

Yeah, you can do that quite a bit, actually, VictorWolf!

I look forward to a time hundreds of years in the future, when somebody finds written copies of "Star Wars" and bases a worldwide religion on that. Or Lord of the Rings, even.

#293639 - 12/27/07 01:58 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: TheDegenerate]
verszou Offline

I look forward to a time hundreds of years in the future, when somebody finds written copies of "Star Wars" and bases a worldwide religion on that. Or Lord of the Rings, even.

I've seen that theme used a couple of times in science fiction stories. I think it's in one of the stories by Robert Anton Wilson where somebody looks back and tries to explain how Marilyn Monroe was probably a fertility goddess worshiped during the 20th century and how she may have been an incarnation of the "Mother fucker" which is mentioned in many texts of the period

#293642 - 12/27/07 02:01 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: verszou]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Hahah. That is brilliant, I am going to try and track that down!

#293644 - 12/27/07 02:05 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: verszou]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
The theme was done in Star Trek as well.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#293658 - 12/27/07 02:35 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: TheDegenerate]
verszou Offline

Hahah. That is brilliant, I am going to try and track that down!

I think it is from the "Schroedingers cat trilogy". I should warn you though - the books by Robert Anton Wilson gets veeery weird at times.

#293673 - 12/27/07 03:13 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: verszou]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Duly noted. That being said, I can handle wierdness. I enjoy David Lynch films, after all.

#293696 - 12/27/07 04:30 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: verszou]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK

You obviously haven't heard of the efforts being made (primarily in New Zealand and Oz) to make "Jedi" a recognised religion by having people register it on the census returns. So you won't have to wait all that long for it to happen, it would seem.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#293718 - 12/27/07 05:43 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: TheDegenerate]
Old_Pig Offline

That's probably how Christianity started in the first place.

There is some evidence that appears to show the earlier Christian sects didn't believe in Jesus as a real person, but a symbol to be imitated. They probably knew Jesus was fictional character (composed from many previous deities) and used his parables as example of the quintessential religious man (in the same way today we use the name James Bond as a symbol of the perfect spy)

As Christianity became popular among the masses the concept of symbolic example was lost and people started believing Jesus had been a real flesh and bone guy.

#293750 - 12/27/07 08:19 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: Old_Pig]
Mr Avarice Offline

Originally Posted By: Tha_Pig

That's probably how Christianity started in the first place.

There is some evidence that appears to show the earlier Christian sects didn't believe in Jesus as a real person, but a symbol to be imitated. They probably knew Jesus was fictional character (composed from many previous deities) and used his parables as example of the quintessential religious man (in the same way today we use the name James Bond as a symbol of the perfect spy)

As Christianity became popular among the masses the concept of symbolic example was lost and people started believing Jesus had been a real flesh and bone guy.

This makes me think about how The temple of Set started. Sounds apretty much like it...

#293753 - 12/27/07 08:33 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
Mr Avarice Offline

Winter's pretty mild so far, exept for the winds that blow in from the ocean... The only flakes i've seen this year is in the government. And happy Solstice to you too!^^

Quote:
Northern Europe! The fun place that brought us such wonders as Church Burning Black Metalists, now bring the Dragon Rouge.

We also brought you dynamite! How much fun would all those cowboy movies been without the stuff, eh?.

Edited by The Black Waltz (12/27/07 08:33 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406344 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements