Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#293584 - 12/27/07 10:53 AM Scapegoated once again
HiddenHorror Offline

Loc: USA
Seems that once again Satanism is going to take the blame for a psychopath who obviously doesn't follow our philosophy.

Mall Shooter Was 'Satanic'

#293589 - 12/27/07 11:26 AM Re: Scapegoated once again [Re: HiddenHorror]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
At least he killed himself, eh?

#293593 - 12/27/07 12:04 PM Re: Scapegoated once again [Re: HiddenHorror]
Lust Offline

There is no blame to be put on Satanism! These repoters are only interested in selling their stories. The Ninth Satanic Statement in action!

I agree with Adequate.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#293598 - 12/27/07 12:14 PM Re: Scapegoated once again [Re: HiddenHorror]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
 Quote:
hat "he is not sure if there is a God or life after death and that when he dies, he'll probably go to hell."

A great number of my classmates in high school felt the same way. It has to do with being an angsty teen, not a Satanist.

Well, and I guess hindsight is always 20/20, but it never ceases to amaze me how people like this tend to have checkered pasts and/or rap sheets a mile long. This guy's done pot and coke, he's obviously insane, and, most importantly, he has threatened numerous people with violence in the past.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#293612 - 12/27/07 01:06 PM Re: Scapegoated once again [Re: HiddenHorror]
AztecRed Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
I was reading the article thinking I was going to read about him killing kittens, listening to heavy metal, and all that other satanic panic stuff. Instead, I just see typical dumb teenager behavior. How do they gather that he is "satanic"?

#293615 - 12/27/07 01:10 PM Re: Scapegoated once again [Re: HiddenHorror]
Storm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: West Valley, UT, USA
Good Riddance!

"When Hell is Full of Souls, The Tattooed Will Walk the Earth."
~Bob Tyrrell, The Night Gallery Tattoo

Facebook: facebook.com/artonyoustudios

#293620 - 12/27/07 01:21 PM Re: Scapegoated once again [Re: Storm]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
One more sick little sheep is buried six feet under.

#293626 - 12/27/07 01:37 PM Re: Scapegoated once again [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
RottenBonnie Offline

Loc: The West Coast, USA
 Originally Posted By: Adequate
At least he killed himself, eh?

People that commit this kind of crime almost always do. This falls into the "Mass Murder," category. The behavior is predictable once the crime is perpetrated; too bad we can't determine who will commit this crime before they actually do it.
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

"There's no such thing as too many books." Poetaster

#293627 - 12/27/07 01:37 PM Re: Scapegoated once again [Re: HiddenHorror]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I will transgress, and give advice. There is no good reason not to ignore this kind of thing. You will see story after story of stupidity being blamed on the devil. Yellow journalism pure and simple.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#293664 - 12/27/07 02:54 PM Re: Scapegoated once again [Re: HiddenHorror]
shadowraven213 Offline

If you read the article it was he who called himself satanic and not the press.

The media is choosing to focus on this as in most peoples minds "satanic" means devil worship.

The fact that he was far removed from a Satanist wont make a difference to the reporters who probably wouldn't do any research on the subject, or choose to ignore the research they do.

I know what Satanism means to me and don't expect other people to have the same understanding that I have (a part of me does not desire this either).

I haven't seen The Church of Satan get any bad press (that I have found) and even some good press, but satanism continues to be misunderstood and mistaken for devil worship.

#293672 - 12/27/07 03:11 PM Re: Scapegoated once again [Re: shadowraven213]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
 Originally Posted By: shadowraven213
If you read the article it was he who called himself satanic and not the press.

The media is choosing to focus on this as in most peoples minds "satanic" means devil worship.

The fact that he was far removed from a Satanist wont make a difference to the reporters who probably wouldn't do any research on the subject, or choose to ignore the research they do.

I know what Satanism means to me and don't expect other people to have the same understanding that I have (a part of me does not desire this either).

I haven't seen The Church of Satan get any bad press (that I have found) and even some good press, but satanism continues to be misunderstood and mistaken for devil worship.

Indeed.

The day they decide to start lynching all Satanists is the day I would start to worry about misrepresentation. It must be a thorn in the side of the Church of Satan of course, but it is of little harm it would seem.

Still, it is nicer when it doesn't happen, then when it does...

#293715 - 12/27/07 05:40 PM Re: Scapegoated once again [Re: TheDegenerate]
Vestiphobic Offline

Loc: Minnesota
1. Its Fox News, they are always sensational to the point of being ridiculous.

and

2.Maybe The Church of Satan should sue them?

#293726 - 12/27/07 06:51 PM Re: Scapegoated once again [Re: Vestiphobic]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Only Fox News, eh?

And....

Also....

The list goes on. Satanism and the COS never get a fair shake. Just look at how the 6-6-06 event was reported. Even the ones who were allowed to come close to it tossed out the facts just so they could run with their own sensationalistic balderdash.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#293735 - 12/27/07 07:12 PM Re: Scapegoated once again [Re: Phineas]
Vestiphobic Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Oh my god... they're all in on it. And they all say "satanic" like they have any idea what that means.

It was only a matter of time I supose, since its not fashionable to blame Marilyn Manson anymore, they just go after the Church instead.

It makes sense to blame us, if you think about it. They're sheep, they need to feel comforted, and how much easier to do so than to blame the one thing everyone is collectively afraid of?

#293747 - 12/27/07 08:08 PM Re: Scapegoated once again [Re: Vestiphobic]
L0ki Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
Ron Hawkins:
 Quote:
"It is beyond my ability and I have to release him to God, praying that He will make sure that nothing happens to him that can not be undone."

Well that worked out well, didn't it?

Quote:
constant theme of court hearings was Hawkins' drug use. He told social workers he started using marijuana at age 13 and typically smoked twice a week.

By age 17, he said, he smoked marijuana almost daily and had snorted cocaine four to five times. He was expelled from school in October 2005 for trying to sell drugs to classmates.

Hawkins shrugged off criticism of his drug use and acknowledged selling drugs to pay for his marijuana habit, the documents said.

Cod damm the cocaine decisions

Hopefully CoS won't have to take the blame for this sheep bastard’s misbehaviour...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43873 Topics
405551 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements