Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#293396 - 12/26/07 05:53 PM You haven't gotten yours yet? [Re: Hadrian]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Then just for you I will triple the price!

Just kidding.

#293432 - 12/26/07 07:44 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
 Originally Posted By: tubalcain
Gee, so its like a strawberry milkshake with a pair of cookies..!
Thanks Black Waltz.

...And plenty of nuts, if you ask me.
At least up here in the cold north...

#293501 - 12/26/07 09:57 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: Mr Avarice]
tubalcain Offline

Loc: Ocosingo, Chiapas, Mexico
Yeah Black Waltz, just save some for me...Im sure you are really "cool" way up there ha?
Have a great time this Winter Solstice! Nice hat by the way.
"Most people are perfectly content ignoring the shadow that hides behind their eyes. They surround themselves with light, pretending that this can chase away even the darkness they carry within. when these people encounter darkness outside of themselves, they hate it and they run from it because it reminds them of the darkness they are hiding from inside themselves. There is never any reolution or balance for these people, because they refuse to accept that the shadow is even part of them." Michelle Belanger

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious" Carl Jung

"Embracing the darkness is embracing freedom" Corvis Nocturnum

#293518 - 12/27/07 12:09 AM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
VictorWolf Offline
CoS Member

Northern Europe! The fun place that brought us such wonders as Church Burning Black Metalists, now bring the Dragon Rouge.

What will they think of next?

My question is, how many times can you repackage a message before some calls it for bullshit.

#293575 - 12/27/07 09:29 AM Re: Charging money is Satanic. [Re: Hadrian]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Shame on you, my friend!

The good Magister should indeed triple the price!

#293634 - 12/27/07 01:48 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: VictorWolf]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Let's see, the Old Testament, the New Testament....every other religion that believes in a "big guy" but switches the rules a tiny bit to call it their own...

Yeah, you can do that quite a bit, actually, VictorWolf!

I look forward to a time hundreds of years in the future, when somebody finds written copies of "Star Wars" and bases a worldwide religion on that. Or Lord of the Rings, even.

#293639 - 12/27/07 01:58 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: TheDegenerate]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: Phosis
I look forward to a time hundreds of years in the future, when somebody finds written copies of "Star Wars" and bases a worldwide religion on that. Or Lord of the Rings, even.

I've seen that theme used a couple of times in science fiction stories. I think it's in one of the stories by Robert Anton Wilson where somebody looks back and tries to explain how Marilyn Monroe was probably a fertility goddess worshiped during the 20th century and how she may have been an incarnation of the "Mother fucker" which is mentioned in many texts of the period

#293642 - 12/27/07 02:01 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: verszou]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Hahah. That is brilliant, I am going to try and track that down!

#293644 - 12/27/07 02:05 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: verszou]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
The theme was done in Star Trek as well.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#293658 - 12/27/07 02:35 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: TheDegenerate]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hahah. That is brilliant, I am going to try and track that down!

I think it is from the "Schroedingers cat trilogy". I should warn you though - the books by Robert Anton Wilson gets veeery weird at times.

#293673 - 12/27/07 03:13 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: verszou]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Duly noted. That being said, I can handle wierdness. I enjoy David Lynch films, after all.

#293696 - 12/27/07 04:30 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: verszou]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK

You obviously haven't heard of the efforts being made (primarily in New Zealand and Oz) to make "Jedi" a recognised religion by having people register it on the census returns. So you won't have to wait all that long for it to happen, it would seem.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#293718 - 12/27/07 05:43 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: TheDegenerate]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South

That's probably how Christianity started in the first place.

There is some evidence that appears to show the earlier Christian sects didn't believe in Jesus as a real person, but a symbol to be imitated. They probably knew Jesus was fictional character (composed from many previous deities) and used his parables as example of the quintessential religious man (in the same way today we use the name James Bond as a symbol of the perfect spy)

As Christianity became popular among the masses the concept of symbolic example was lost and people started believing Jesus had been a real flesh and bone guy.

#293750 - 12/27/07 08:19 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: Old_Pig]
Mr Avarice Offline

Originally Posted By: Tha_Pig

That's probably how Christianity started in the first place.

There is some evidence that appears to show the earlier Christian sects didn't believe in Jesus as a real person, but a symbol to be imitated. They probably knew Jesus was fictional character (composed from many previous deities) and used his parables as example of the quintessential religious man (in the same way today we use the name James Bond as a symbol of the perfect spy)

As Christianity became popular among the masses the concept of symbolic example was lost and people started believing Jesus had been a real flesh and bone guy.

This makes me think about how The temple of Set started. Sounds apretty much like it...

#293753 - 12/27/07 08:33 PM Re: Dragon Rouge [Re: tubalcain]
Mr Avarice Offline

Winter's pretty mild so far, exept for the winds that blow in from the ocean... The only flakes i've seen this year is in the government. And happy Solstice to you too!^^

Quote:
Northern Europe! The fun place that brought us such wonders as Church Burning Black Metalists, now bring the Dragon Rouge.

We also brought you dynamite! How much fun would all those cowboy movies been without the stuff, eh?.

Edited by The Black Waltz (12/27/07 08:33 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406349 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements