Separated at birth?

Attachments
1199228205494.jpg

Edited by Tha_Pig (01/01/08 06:04 PM)

#295084 - 01/01/08 06:58 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: HiddenHorror]
Matthew_Whitby Offline
Banned

Loc: Australia
I have recently finished reading a book called "Jesus For The Non Religious" which was composed by controversial bishop and activist John Shelby Spong which is a book about the irrelevance of Christianity and how the religion has turned into nothing but a commercial ride-off. I think this book speaks volume in character and pretty much explains the demise of the Christiani religion.

It also points out that these so-called "Exorcism Squads" are nothing but a bunch of religious fanatics known as Opus Dei; I'm sure most of you would recognise that name from "The Da Vinci Code" and in various historical books.

#295108 - 01/01/08 09:00 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Matthew_Whitby]
L0ki Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
Exorcism squads?! They must be trying to lose followers!

1. The short memory of the human race.

2. History repeats itself.

3. The short memory of the human race.

#295112 - 01/01/08 09:23 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: L0ki]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Would it not be interesting if we found out that the Catholic Church was a self-conscious, ongoing sociological study of human gullibility? Perhaps they are just upping the ante, to see how many will still hold on. However, this particular scheme may be to take the focus off of their rather randy priests. Or, it may be a test to see how audacious they have to be before everybody calls them on their bullshit. This month, we shall make excuses for not firing priests caught with kids, send out mass produced exorcists AND have the audacity to tell people what movies they should not see…no one can be THAT stupid.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#295123 - 01/01/08 09:51 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: HiddenHorror]
CatlikeJoe Offline

Loc: Dominican Republic
Evil elf would be a compliment…

#295153 - 01/02/08 01:19 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: CatlikeJoe]
L0ki Offline

Rather, it's an insult towards The Penguin, Elfs and Orcs to be compared to him.

Quote:
Would it not be interesting if we found out that the Catholic Church was a self-conscious, ongoing sociological study of human gullibility? Perhaps they are just upping the ante, to see how many will still hold on. However, this particular scheme may be to take the focus off of their rather randy priests. Or, it may be a test to see how audacious they have to be before everybody calls them on their bullshit. This month, we shall make excuses for not firing priests caught with kids, send out mass produced exorcists AND have the audacity to tell people what movies they should not see…no one can be THAT stupid.

Yes Roho. They could pull it of the second they manage to sugarcoat it enough so that the Catholics swallow it. And that saddens me...

Edited by The Black Waltz (01/02/08 01:20 AM)

#295181 - 01/02/08 03:58 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Matthew_Whitby]
Taubmann Offline

Loc: Basque Country
 Originally Posted By: Matthew_Whitby
I have recently finished reading a book called "Jesus For The Non Religious" which was composed by controversial bishop and activist John Shelby Spong which is a book about the irrelevance of Christianity and how the religion has turned into nothing but a commercial ride-off. I think this book speaks volume in character and pretty much explains the demise of the Christiani religion.

It also points out that these so-called "Exorcism Squads" are nothing but a bunch of religious fanatics known as Opus Dei; I'm sure most of you would recognise that name from "The Da Vinci Code" and in various historical books.

Well..I wouldn´t speak about the Opus Dei so lightly. A lot of members of the spanish government and army have been members of the Opus Dei, they are rich, powerfull, manipulative..
It´s not a secret society but act as one and has a lot (A LOT) of resources. Religious fanatics yes, but the kind of religious fanatics who have breakfasts with presidents and dinners with very rich people.

Kierkegaard

#295185 - 01/02/08 04:31 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Taubmann]
Matthew_Whitby Offline
Banned

Opus Dei pose no threat to me; I simply laugh at their flaws and move on. I'm sure they are rich, powerful and manipulative, that doesn't mean I am at all intimidated by their devious and socially-retarded morals and objective tenets.

I like to think of Opus Dei as "Mental-Masturbation" a term in which actually gives me quite a giggle. Simply because they are rich and dine with the finest of Political Members; doesn't mean they pose any threat. Let them continue to delude themselves.

HS!

#295186 - 01/02/08 04:44 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Matthew_Whitby]
Taubmann Offline

Loc: Basque Country
Well, I wouldn´t say they are a treat for me but I wouldn´t call them "just a bunch of religious fanatics". Escriva de Balaguer (their founder) had nothing at all and was able to buill a huge organization, control a lot of people and make huge amounts of money by himself and his iron will, I just respect him for it even if his teachings are horrible to my eyes.

Kierkegaard

#295187 - 01/02/08 04:48 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Taubmann]
Matthew_Whitby Offline
Banned

That is all they are: A bunch of religious fanatics and lunatics. I admire their founder for the same reasons I admire Hitler - their brains. Still; they pose no threat and as stated, I simply laugh at their flaws and move on.

#295188 - 01/02/08 04:52 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: HiddenHorror]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
 Quote:
Anyone else think that guy looks like an evil elf?

He looks constipated. Maybe this is a clue to the demons hes trying to cast out?

#295200 - 01/02/08 07:17 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: tovasshi]
L0ki Offline

Demons, eh? He reminds me of Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, even more so now that you've mentioned it.

Do you remember the song?

#295203 - 01/02/08 07:59 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: L0ki]
Drakein Offline

Yep, pretty unexpected and intense part of the movie.

Also, more lusting guilt-ridden Frollo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCfeb_34yqI

#295205 - 01/02/08 08:22 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Matthew_Whitby]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
 Originally Posted By: Matthew_Whitby
Simply because they are rich and dine with the finest of Political Members; doesn't mean they pose any threat. Let them continue to delude themselves.

So you think someone with an immense political and economical power is harmless? Looks to me like it's not exactly them who is deluded here.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
11893 Members
73 Forums
43643 Topics
404176 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements