Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#295208 - 01/02/08 08:38 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Matthew_Whitby]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: Matthew_Whitby
That is all they are: A bunch of religious fanatics and lunatics. I admire their founder for the same reasons I admire Hitler - their brains. Still; they pose no threat and as stated.

Actually they tried very hard to get their fingerprint on the new constitution for the EU, which would have meant that christianity would be mentioned as the religious/ideological foundation making it much harder to carry out an effective separation of church and state.

This is a big thing if you look at issues like gay marriage, birth control, abortion etc. because the discussion of issues like that always revert back to religious issues at some point.

Don't underestimate the power of the dark side of christianity \:\)

#295211 - 01/02/08 08:44 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: verszou]
Taubmann Offline

Loc: Basque Country
I have mixed feelings about that, as I´me pretty worried about the expansion of Islam in Europe, it could have helped to stop it a little bit I think.

Kierkegaard

#295213 - 01/02/08 08:56 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Taubmann]
verszou Offline

I agree that opposing Islam was probably more on their current agenda, it would probably cause a lot of problems for those who want Turkey included in the EU. But things like a constitution can be very tricky to change, so once they get it in there they could use it to expand their base, arguing that this or that was opposed to Christian values.

Actually I like the way the Turkish constitution is constructed, clearly stating that the country is a secular state, and if this is threatened in any way then the military should take over to protect the people.

#295217 - 01/02/08 09:14 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: verszou]
Taubmann Offline

Yes, the turkish army must protect the secularity of Turkey. But I see them as a threat for Europe anyways, I think the EU should protect Western and European Culture and having Turkey on the EU would open a gate for every "west hater" on the middle east. We have enough problems with muslin inmigration already...

Edited by Taubmann (01/02/08 09:15 AM)

Kierkegaard

#295221 - 01/02/08 09:36 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Taubmann]
verszou Offline

Originally Posted By: Taubmann
Yes, the turkish army must protect the secularity of Turkey. But I see them as a threat for Europe anyways

There are a number of problems with having them inside the EU no doubt. I doubt we will see them in the EU in the foreseeable future, since I think that a lot of people share your concerns with integrating them into our western society.

What I meant when I said I liked their constitution was that I think that ours should have a similar clause that was very firm on upholding a secular society. Even my own country hasn't separated church and state, and the opening of the parliament is traditionally started with all the politicians going to church which I find pretty weird.

#295267 - 01/02/08 12:57 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Taubmann]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
Perhaps you are right about Turkey. I always figured that having them on "our side" would lead to smother a relationship with the rest of the middle east. Perhaps the risk of having them in EU outweighs the benefits for now.

Hail Satan
Up yours Allah

#295273 - 01/02/08 01:32 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: verszou]
Matthew_Whitby Offline
Banned

Loc: Australia
While I am not deluded; I see Opus Dei as posing no threat to me on a personal level. I'm sure there are lunatics out there much like the Opus Dei who are capable of great things - that still does not discourage my idea of them representing any type of threat towards me.

Unless I was "one of them" and left on bad terms (not even sure if that is possible) I would understand their threat potential to increase; but as I have never commited myself to such an organisation I see no possible or potential threat.

#295303 - 01/02/08 03:44 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Matthew_Whitby]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Unless I was "one of them" and left on bad terms (not even sure if that is possible)

It is possible. Even if you are not "one of them" but you were a secular person working on a business controlled by one of them. You would find how long their tentacles can reach... and how many doors you would find closed when you tried to find work again in the same field.

I agree that they may not have a direct influence on your personal life... but still you can't underestimate their power. Don't think of them as silly crazy fanatics that can only influence others of the same faith. They are people with the power to control politicians, arrange elections and start wars. And that mean they could be already affecting your personal life in ways you don't even suspect.

#295305 - 01/02/08 03:59 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Old_Pig]
Taubmann Offline

Originally Posted By: Tha_Pig
Unless I was "one of them" and left on bad terms (not even sure if that is possible)

It is possible. Even if you are not "one of them" but you were a secular person working on a business controlled by one of them. You would find how long their tentacles can reach... and how many doors you would find closed when you tried to find work again in the same field.

I agree that they may not have a direct influence on your personal life... but still you can't underestimate their power. Don't think of them as silly crazy fanatics that can only influence others of the same faith. They are people with the power to control politicians, arrange elections and start wars. And that mean they could be already affecting your personal life in ways you don't even suspect.

This is exactly what I meant.

Kierkegaard

#295573 - 01/03/08 05:10 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: HiddenHorror]
London Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The Inmost Dens
I was thinking more along the lines of...

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

He looks like Hannibal Lecter's perverted little brother.

#295666 - 01/04/08 12:58 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: London]
HammerOfDoubt Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
That's an insult to Dr. Lecter!

#295820 - 01/04/08 09:29 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: HammerOfDoubt]
Daedric Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas
That article was cringe-worthy to say the least.

#295827 - 01/04/08 09:41 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: HammerOfDoubt]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
I second that. He is a celebrated cultural figure and a skillful scientist.

Edited by The Black Waltz (01/04/08 09:43 PM)

#295849 - 01/05/08 12:24 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: London]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
 Originally Posted By: London
He looks like Hannibal Lecter's perverted little brother.

Well that explains a lot about Sunday mass. "Take this all of you and eat it, for it is my body..."

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#296158 - 01/06/08 06:52 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Taubmann]
Atom Offline

Loc: Holland
If they want to battle against satans presence, i strongly suggest they start at vatican first.

I still don't understand how foolish they are acting since after all they do follow his plan, wheater they actually know it is a different subject.

No spoken sentence, may it be chanted for ions, can do anything else then be heard by another ears.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12281 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404442 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements