Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#294766 - 12/31/07 04:47 AM Catholic Special Forces!
HiddenHorror Offline

Loc: USA
Exorcism Squads?

Seems like the new Pope has determined that a few "Power of Christ Compel You" can convert people back to a dying religion. I for one appreciate the desperate action as it shows that we as Satanists are truly entering into a new Satanic age.

Anyone else think that guy looks like an evil elf?

Edited by HiddenHorror (12/31/07 04:49 AM)

#294767 - 12/31/07 05:06 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: HiddenHorror]
Quatermass Offline
CoS Member

Loc: England
 Originally Posted By: HiddenHorror

Strange isn't it that the High Priest of the Church of Satan looks like such a friendly, jolly chap - a sort of Satanic Father Christmas - whereas the Pope looks downright scary!

#294770 - 12/31/07 05:31 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: HiddenHorror]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark

There was an icon circulating a while back on LiveJournal where the new pope morphs into Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars.

As I understood, before he became pope he was head of the office formerly known as the inquisition, so I guess we should have been expecting something like this.

#294811 - 12/31/07 09:57 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: verszou]
Adveser Offline

Loc: California
Yes. Magus Gilmore certainly does look like a friendly patriarch for all of us yunguns and Emperor Palpatine would make a way better pope than any of the ones that ever been.

#294822 - 12/31/07 10:52 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Quatermass]
Lust Offline

He looks like he has been soaking in a vat of death! Nothing strange that I can see. Looks often reflect ones lifestyle. Most of the Satanists (including myself) that I have met, or have seen pictures of, are very animated, full of life!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#294838 - 12/31/07 11:46 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Quatermass]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
Peter Gilmore looks like the cool Uncle I never had! The kind of Uncle you loved to visit for the holiday that would listen to music with you and enjoy a few drinks!

He seems warm and approachable and in every interview I've seen as well as he never says anything too negative about a subject; instead he'll divert the conversation somewhere else. Gilmore shows the world that the Devil has charisma, charm and personality.

You can't even say anything like that about the Pope and the clergy. Maybe they need to work on their social skills

#294871 - 12/31/07 02:13 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Philotechnic]
yobbos1 Offline

Don't forget his holy popeness was part of the Hitler youth before he got to be the head of the Holy Inquisition. Dude's had some serious training.
I agree Peter Gilmore looks like a much more likeable fellow, as for Benny the 16th I don't think I'd let him walk my dog.

#294976 - 01/01/08 06:19 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: yobbos1]
Drakein Offline

'"Thanks be to God, we have a Pope who has decided to fight the Devil head-on," he said.'

His Holiness' method certainly has direct results. I am laughing so hard, tears are coming out.

#294985 - 01/01/08 08:46 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: HiddenHorror]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands

An evil elf looks cute compared to him. If a child were to see him it would suffer terrible nightmares.

"The Pope has ordered his bishops to set up exorcism squads to tackle the rise of Satanism."

That very first sentence already made me laugh. Thanks for posting the article; it's hilarious.

#295011 - 01/01/08 01:11 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: HiddenHorror]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
They already had a "Catholic SWAT team" for decades. It's part of the organization named Opus Day. Their training facilities are like a "spiritual boot camp" where the member practice to become some kind of "God's Rambo".

I almost join once...

#295016 - 01/01/08 02:06 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: HiddenHorror]
HammerOfDoubt Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
Maybe he saw Hellboy a few too many times.

What a freak.

#295025 - 01/01/08 02:47 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: HammerOfDoubt]
Vestiphobic Offline

Loc: Minnesota

Seriously, man, thats going to give me nightmares, like that picture of Michael Jackson with the chunk of his nose falling off? Icky.
He looks like he's due for an exorcism.

#295027 - 01/01/08 02:51 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: HammerOfDoubt]
VictorWolf Offline
CoS Member

Obviously the Pope is a Sith Lord. What you don't see in that picture (because it was taken too late) was the Pope shooting Force Lightning at a nearby Heretic.

I think Tom Cruise is the Pope's Sith Apprentice.

I wonder what "Satanic sects" they're referring to.

#295028 - 01/01/08 02:58 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Vestiphobic]
Colonel Kurtz Offline
CoS Member

Is that hair on his palm or does my monitor need cleaning?

#295049 - 01/01/08 04:17 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Old_Pig]
Taubmann Offline

Loc: Basque Country
 Originally Posted By: Tha_Pig
They already had a "Catholic SWAT team" for decades. It's part of the organization named Opus Day. Their training facilities are like a "spiritual boot camp" where the member practice to become some kind of "God's Rambo".

I almost join once...

Opus Dei.
They were formed near my hometown, in the city of Pamplona.

Edited by Taubmann (01/01/08 04:18 PM)

Kierkegaard

#295050 - 01/01/08 04:28 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Taubmann]
Old_Pig Offline

Yeah I always miss spell the name.

#295068 - 01/01/08 05:58 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: VictorWolf]
Old_Pig Offline

Separated at birth?

Attachments
1199228205494.jpg

Edited by Tha_Pig (01/01/08 06:04 PM)

#295084 - 01/01/08 06:58 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: HiddenHorror]
Matthew_Whitby Offline
Banned

Loc: Australia
I have recently finished reading a book called "Jesus For The Non Religious" which was composed by controversial bishop and activist John Shelby Spong which is a book about the irrelevance of Christianity and how the religion has turned into nothing but a commercial ride-off. I think this book speaks volume in character and pretty much explains the demise of the Christiani religion.

It also points out that these so-called "Exorcism Squads" are nothing but a bunch of religious fanatics known as Opus Dei; I'm sure most of you would recognise that name from "The Da Vinci Code" and in various historical books.

#295108 - 01/01/08 09:00 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Matthew_Whitby]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
Exorcism squads?! They must be trying to lose followers!

#295112 - 01/01/08 09:23 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Mr Avarice]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Would it not be interesting if we found out that the Catholic Church was a self-conscious, ongoing sociological study of human gullibility? Perhaps they are just upping the ante, to see how many will still hold on. However, this particular scheme may be to take the focus off of their rather randy priests. Or, it may be a test to see how audacious they have to be before everybody calls them on their bullshit. This month, we shall make excuses for not firing priests caught with kids, send out mass produced exorcists AND have the audacity to tell people what movies they should not see…no one can be THAT stupid.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#295123 - 01/01/08 09:51 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: HiddenHorror]
CatlikeJoe Offline

Loc: Dominican Republic
Evil elf would be a compliment…

#295153 - 01/02/08 01:19 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: CatlikeJoe]
Mr Avarice Offline

Rather, it's an insult towards The Penguin, Elfs and Orcs to be compared to him.

Quote:
Would it not be interesting if we found out that the Catholic Church was a self-conscious, ongoing sociological study of human gullibility? Perhaps they are just upping the ante, to see how many will still hold on. However, this particular scheme may be to take the focus off of their rather randy priests. Or, it may be a test to see how audacious they have to be before everybody calls them on their bullshit. This month, we shall make excuses for not firing priests caught with kids, send out mass produced exorcists AND have the audacity to tell people what movies they should not see…no one can be THAT stupid.

Yes Roho. They could pull it of the second they manage to sugarcoat it enough so that the Catholics swallow it. And that saddens me...

Edited by The Black Waltz (01/02/08 01:20 AM)

#295181 - 01/02/08 03:58 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Matthew_Whitby]
Taubmann Offline

Originally Posted By: Matthew_Whitby
I have recently finished reading a book called "Jesus For The Non Religious" which was composed by controversial bishop and activist John Shelby Spong which is a book about the irrelevance of Christianity and how the religion has turned into nothing but a commercial ride-off. I think this book speaks volume in character and pretty much explains the demise of the Christiani religion.

It also points out that these so-called "Exorcism Squads" are nothing but a bunch of religious fanatics known as Opus Dei; I'm sure most of you would recognise that name from "The Da Vinci Code" and in various historical books.

Well..I wouldn´t speak about the Opus Dei so lightly. A lot of members of the spanish government and army have been members of the Opus Dei, they are rich, powerfull, manipulative..
It´s not a secret society but act as one and has a lot (A LOT) of resources. Religious fanatics yes, but the kind of religious fanatics who have breakfasts with presidents and dinners with very rich people.

Kierkegaard

#295185 - 01/02/08 04:31 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Taubmann]
Matthew_Whitby Offline
Banned

Opus Dei pose no threat to me; I simply laugh at their flaws and move on. I'm sure they are rich, powerful and manipulative, that doesn't mean I am at all intimidated by their devious and socially-retarded morals and objective tenets.

I like to think of Opus Dei as "Mental-Masturbation" a term in which actually gives me quite a giggle. Simply because they are rich and dine with the finest of Political Members; doesn't mean they pose any threat. Let them continue to delude themselves.

HS!

#295186 - 01/02/08 04:44 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Matthew_Whitby]
Taubmann Offline

Well, I wouldn´t say they are a treat for me but I wouldn´t call them "just a bunch of religious fanatics". Escriva de Balaguer (their founder) had nothing at all and was able to buill a huge organization, control a lot of people and make huge amounts of money by himself and his iron will, I just respect him for it even if his teachings are horrible to my eyes.

Kierkegaard

#295187 - 01/02/08 04:48 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Taubmann]
Matthew_Whitby Offline
Banned

That is all they are: A bunch of religious fanatics and lunatics. I admire their founder for the same reasons I admire Hitler - their brains. Still; they pose no threat and as stated, I simply laugh at their flaws and move on.

#295188 - 01/02/08 04:52 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: HiddenHorror]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
 Quote:

He looks constipated. Maybe this is a clue to the demons hes trying to cast out?

#295200 - 01/02/08 07:17 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: tovasshi]
Mr Avarice Offline

Demons, eh? He reminds me of Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, even more so now that you've mentioned it.

Do you remember the song?

#295203 - 01/02/08 07:59 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Mr Avarice]
Drakein Offline

Yep, pretty unexpected and intense part of the movie.

Also, more lusting guilt-ridden Frollo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCfeb_34yqI

#295205 - 01/02/08 08:22 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Matthew_Whitby]
Old_Pig Offline

Simply because they are rich and dine with the finest of Political Members; doesn't mean they pose any threat. Let them continue to delude themselves.

So you think someone with an immense political and economical power is harmless? Looks to me like it's not exactly them who is deluded here.

#295208 - 01/02/08 08:38 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Matthew_Whitby]
verszou Offline

That is all they are: A bunch of religious fanatics and lunatics. I admire their founder for the same reasons I admire Hitler - their brains. Still; they pose no threat and as stated.

Actually they tried very hard to get their fingerprint on the new constitution for the EU, which would have meant that christianity would be mentioned as the religious/ideological foundation making it much harder to carry out an effective separation of church and state.

This is a big thing if you look at issues like gay marriage, birth control, abortion etc. because the discussion of issues like that always revert back to religious issues at some point.

Don't underestimate the power of the dark side of christianity \:\)

#295211 - 01/02/08 08:44 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: verszou]
Taubmann Offline

I have mixed feelings about that, as I´me pretty worried about the expansion of Islam in Europe, it could have helped to stop it a little bit I think.

Kierkegaard

#295213 - 01/02/08 08:56 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Taubmann]
verszou Offline

I agree that opposing Islam was probably more on their current agenda, it would probably cause a lot of problems for those who want Turkey included in the EU. But things like a constitution can be very tricky to change, so once they get it in there they could use it to expand their base, arguing that this or that was opposed to Christian values.

Actually I like the way the Turkish constitution is constructed, clearly stating that the country is a secular state, and if this is threatened in any way then the military should take over to protect the people.

#295217 - 01/02/08 09:14 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: verszou]
Taubmann Offline

Yes, the turkish army must protect the secularity of Turkey. But I see them as a threat for Europe anyways, I think the EU should protect Western and European Culture and having Turkey on the EU would open a gate for every "west hater" on the middle east. We have enough problems with muslin inmigration already...

Edited by Taubmann (01/02/08 09:15 AM)

Kierkegaard

#295221 - 01/02/08 09:36 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Taubmann]
verszou Offline

Originally Posted By: Taubmann
Yes, the turkish army must protect the secularity of Turkey. But I see them as a threat for Europe anyways

There are a number of problems with having them inside the EU no doubt. I doubt we will see them in the EU in the foreseeable future, since I think that a lot of people share your concerns with integrating them into our western society.

What I meant when I said I liked their constitution was that I think that ours should have a similar clause that was very firm on upholding a secular society. Even my own country hasn't separated church and state, and the opening of the parliament is traditionally started with all the politicians going to church which I find pretty weird.

#295267 - 01/02/08 12:57 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Taubmann]
Mr Avarice Offline

Perhaps you are right about Turkey. I always figured that having them on "our side" would lead to smother a relationship with the rest of the middle east. Perhaps the risk of having them in EU outweighs the benefits for now.

Hail Satan
Up yours Allah

#295273 - 01/02/08 01:32 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: verszou]
Matthew_Whitby Offline
Banned

While I am not deluded; I see Opus Dei as posing no threat to me on a personal level. I'm sure there are lunatics out there much like the Opus Dei who are capable of great things - that still does not discourage my idea of them representing any type of threat towards me.

Unless I was "one of them" and left on bad terms (not even sure if that is possible) I would understand their threat potential to increase; but as I have never commited myself to such an organisation I see no possible or potential threat.

#295303 - 01/02/08 03:44 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Matthew_Whitby]
Old_Pig Offline

Unless I was "one of them" and left on bad terms (not even sure if that is possible)

It is possible. Even if you are not "one of them" but you were a secular person working on a business controlled by one of them. You would find how long their tentacles can reach... and how many doors you would find closed when you tried to find work again in the same field.

I agree that they may not have a direct influence on your personal life... but still you can't underestimate their power. Don't think of them as silly crazy fanatics that can only influence others of the same faith. They are people with the power to control politicians, arrange elections and start wars. And that mean they could be already affecting your personal life in ways you don't even suspect.

#295305 - 01/02/08 03:59 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Old_Pig]
Taubmann Offline

Originally Posted By: Tha_Pig
Unless I was "one of them" and left on bad terms (not even sure if that is possible)

It is possible. Even if you are not "one of them" but you were a secular person working on a business controlled by one of them. You would find how long their tentacles can reach... and how many doors you would find closed when you tried to find work again in the same field.

I agree that they may not have a direct influence on your personal life... but still you can't underestimate their power. Don't think of them as silly crazy fanatics that can only influence others of the same faith. They are people with the power to control politicians, arrange elections and start wars. And that mean they could be already affecting your personal life in ways you don't even suspect.

This is exactly what I meant.

Kierkegaard

#295573 - 01/03/08 05:10 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: HiddenHorror]
London Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The Inmost Dens
I was thinking more along the lines of...

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

He looks like Hannibal Lecter's perverted little brother.

#295666 - 01/04/08 12:58 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: London]
HammerOfDoubt Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
That's an insult to Dr. Lecter!

#295820 - 01/04/08 09:29 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: HammerOfDoubt]
Daedric Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas
That article was cringe-worthy to say the least.

#295827 - 01/04/08 09:41 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: HammerOfDoubt]
Mr Avarice Offline

I second that. He is a celebrated cultural figure and a skillful scientist.

Edited by The Black Waltz (01/04/08 09:43 PM)

#295849 - 01/05/08 12:24 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: London]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
 Originally Posted By: London
He looks like Hannibal Lecter's perverted little brother.

Well that explains a lot about Sunday mass. "Take this all of you and eat it, for it is my body..."

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#296158 - 01/06/08 06:52 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Taubmann]
Atom Offline

Loc: Holland
If they want to battle against satans presence, i strongly suggest they start at vatican first.

I still don't understand how foolish they are acting since after all they do follow his plan, wheater they actually know it is a different subject.

No spoken sentence, may it be chanted for ions, can do anything else then be heard by another ears.

#296160 - 01/06/08 06:58 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Atom]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
 Originally Posted By: Atom
If they want to battle against satans presence, i strongly suggest they start at vatican first.

Um, are you sure you're in the right place, son?

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#296173 - 01/06/08 08:18 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Bill_M]
Atom Offline

Loc: Holland
Well, it doesn't matter to be honest since, as far as the pope and vatican goes, how could they start something like that which obviously ends without any results other then publicity, while they deny and cover so many facts about their own twisted religion just to maintain their current position.

Altho i must admit that he could make a fine addition to the muppet show the way he looks.

#296174 - 01/06/08 08:43 PM Well Isn't That Special? [Re: HiddenHorror]
Majic Offline

Loc: Sagittarius III
Hitting The Bricks For Jesus

For some odd reason, the idea of "Catholic Special Forces" reminded me of this.

Perhaps it's because I imagine God's One and Only Church can be expected to handle exorcisms in much the same fashion they manage some of the other pastimes of their priests.

#296198 - 01/06/08 10:57 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Bill_M]
DaggerJack Offline

Loc: California, USA
 Originally Posted By: Bill_M
 Originally Posted By: Atom

Um, are you sure you're in the right place, son?

Well He probably stops by every week or so to pick up his check for keeping them in business.

Edited by DaggerJack (01/06/08 10:59 PM)

#296209 - 01/07/08 12:04 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: DaggerJack]
Mr Avarice Offline

I think the Vatican use PayPal, actually...

#296217 - 01/07/08 12:57 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Mr Avarice]
verszou Offline

Originally Posted By: The Black Waltz
I think the Vatican use PayPal, actually...

No it's PrayPal actually, you have to come up with the money now, and they'll deliver the goods in the afterlife trust them, really - would Jesus lie to you?

#296222 - 01/07/08 01:57 AM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: verszou]
Mr Avarice Offline

Hail Mary!

EDIT: The PrayPal joke made me laugh so hard that I almost choked on my breakfast. Why are Danes always trying to kill me?^^

Edited by The Black Waltz (01/07/08 02:00 AM)

#296707 - 01/08/08 05:28 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Taubmann]
Dead Roses Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
He should not be taken seriously. Yet, he is an idiot.
And I'm not sure if our lines are idiot-proof.
Best Shoot on Sight.

#296746 - 01/08/08 06:52 PM Re: Catholic Special Forces! [Re: Dead Roses]
Taubmann Offline

Who are you talking about?

Kierkegaard

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12196 Members
73 Forums
43974 Topics
406002 Posts