Topic Options
#295626 - 01/03/08 07:10 PM Roman Numbers
tubalcain Offline

Loc: Ocosingo, Chiapas, Mexico
Hi, the best for this Indulgent New Year!

I have a question in relation to the Roman Numbers of Anno Satanas, we are now on XLIII, which is 43, but if the Church of Satan was born on 1966 and Dr. Lavey called that year the First year of Anno Satanas ( I Anno Satanas) isnt that to be then 42 (XLII) years now in 2008?

Thanks
HS!
"Most people are perfectly content ignoring the shadow that hides behind their eyes. They surround themselves with light, pretending that this can chase away even the darkness they carry within. when these people encounter darkness outside of themselves, they hate it and they run from it because it reminds them of the darkness they are hiding from inside themselves. There is never any reolution or balance for these people, because they refuse to accept that the shadow is even part of them." Michelle Belanger

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious" Carl Jung

"Embracing the darkness is embracing freedom" Corvis Nocturnum

#295630 - 01/03/08 07:23 PM Re: Roman Numbers [Re: tubalcain]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
 Originally Posted By: tubalcain
Hi, the best for this Indulgent New Year!
I have a question in relation to the Roman Numbers of Anno Satanas, we are now on XLIII, which is 43, but if the Church of Satan was born on 1966 and Dr. Lavey called that year the First year of Anno Satanas ( I Anno Satanas) isnt that to be then 42 (XLII) years now in 2008?

No, because 1966 is considered the Year One (and not the Year Zero). If you count by tens, it goes: 1976 - Year 11, 1986 - Year 21, 1996 - Year 31, 2006 - Year 41. Add two more years, and that makes 2008 Year 43, or XLIII.

Try to think of this year (2008) as the 43rd year in which the Church of Satan has existed, as opposed to how many years have passed since its formation.

Got it?

Purging Talon | Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon

Terror Transmission | TT on iTunes | TT on Facebook | TT on Twitter | TT on Google+ | TT on YouTube | TT on tumblr
--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#295650 - 01/03/08 09:14 PM Re: Roman Numbers [Re: MagisterParadise]
tubalcain Offline

Loc: Ocosingo, Chiapas, Mexico
Thank you very much Magister Paradise, I got it Right!
I appreciate your courtesy in answering my question so swiftly.

Thanks for the hint!

By the way, Im expecting my copy of The Devils Mark in brief, since Xmas gets everything clogged in the mail.

HS!
"Most people are perfectly content ignoring the shadow that hides behind their eyes. They surround themselves with light, pretending that this can chase away even the darkness they carry within. when these people encounter darkness outside of themselves, they hate it and they run from it because it reminds them of the darkness they are hiding from inside themselves. There is never any reolution or balance for these people, because they refuse to accept that the shadow is even part of them." Michelle Belanger

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious" Carl Jung

"Embracing the darkness is embracing freedom" Corvis Nocturnum

Forum Stats
13293 Members
73 Forums
44530 Topics
407877 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold