Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#295964 - 01/05/08 09:16 PM Re: Healthy vs. Tasty [Re: Adveser]
VKat Offline

Loc: Northern California
Not that you will listen to me, but sugar could be your down fall; diabetes. What you eat may not show in gaining fat but can still affect the way you feel. Don't get me wrong, I love to eat too.

When I was exercising for a three year stint my blood pressure went into the toilet and I was tired all the time. Too low blood pressure can lead to low circulation which can lead to loosing some toes.

#295967 - 01/05/08 09:43 PM Re: Snacks! [Re: RandomStranger]
VKat Offline

Loc: Northern California
I tried one of those don't eat carbs and sugars but do eat protein, veggies, and fruits. I did this cold turkey for three months, I felt I was starving the entire time. I was eating all the time, and I did loose weight only to gain it back again later. Quite a few days I was eating a pound of carrots and that did not help either.

I found that it was better for me to have a little bit of whatever it was that I was craving. Funny how most foods did not taste as good as what I thought they would. It dismissed that feeling of needing to eat. If I didn't give in a little I would end up binging which was way worse.

I started exercising instead of eating

#295972 - 01/05/08 10:20 PM Re: Healthy vs. Tasty [Re: VKat]
Adveser Offline

Loc: California
I consume about 2 cups of sugar a day so maybe you're right.

I may be relying too much on family history, but my 88 year old great grandmother (and grandmother, and mother) has been doing about the same since they were kids.

I'm from the south and drink around a gallon of sweet tea a day, as per family tradition. My horrible teeth are about the only side-effect of my bad eating habits (i have a partial that looks good and will eventually replace all my real teeth with implants, so i'm not that worried about it. This seems to be genetic as well, as my mother suffers from bad teeth problems and historically most of my family members have had dentures by the time they were in their mid-forties.

I have a lot of problems with crowding though, The males in my family are usually over 6 feet tall. My dad wasn't, he was around 5'5'' like me so I inherited teeth that didn't fit my jaw, so they crowded each other and painfully started breaking each other up top and on the bottom I have two pairs of teeth that are virtually paralell to each other.

My terrible diet is a product of all this as well. Nothing I could have really done about it since I didn't have the money or the legal ability to go see a dentist when I was younger.

#295989 - 01/05/08 11:54 PM Re: Healthy vs. Tasty [Re: Adveser]
Saraflare Offline

I am a vegetarian so i tend to eat healthy naturally. I do not like meat at all. I hate the way it looks, smells, and tastes. I just can not stand it. Especially bacon, well pork in general. I have been a vegetarian for about six years now. For me i just feel better. Meat has always set funny in my stomach, and it usually makes me sick. I will not cook meat either it just grosses me out. I absolutely love veggies and fruit. I also love tofu, and peanut butter..not together :p i love eating peanut butter with a spoon, and its good for you. I like sweats every once and a while, but i tend to eat more fruit than sweats. I also walk a lot so when i do eat a lot it really does not matter. Living in Seattle does that. i also enjoy doing yoga and belly dancing. So i guess i am pretty healthy.

“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.”
~Anton LaVey

Bless me dark father I have sinned
I've done it before and I'll do it again
Cuz it keeps me warm, and makes you smile
Been beneath me all the while
Whispering sweet nothings
~Alkaline Trio

#295991 - 01/06/08 12:15 AM Re: Healthy vs. Tasty [Re: Saraflare]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
There is a brand of peanut butter called "Adams" that is completely natural. My favorite kind. I don't eat as much meat as the next guy, usually sticking with chicken and fish, but not for any particular moral reasons; I just enjoy it. I am heavy, and I cannot blame it on anything but personal choice; metabolism is a factor, but my strict regime of two hours of walking everyday when I was younger to compensate all but dissolved when I got a new job closer to home. I gained weight, albeit very slowly, and am not very comfortable as such. I miss being thin, but since we moved into our new place, I discovered recently a gym close to us. Proper diet is of course, important as well, but I could eat nothing but celery my whole life, and still be a fatass if I forgoe excercise. Because of my metabolism, I absolutely require it (and lots of it!) and simply have not been getting enough.

When I was in the Marital Arts...er...Martial Arts, I was very in shape, and able to kick a man in the chin. Now I am able to kick him in the chest, at best. This alone is incentive enough to work out again...having the ability to kick a man in the chin, should the need arise.

#295995 - 01/06/08 12:28 AM Re: Healthy vs. Tasty [Re: TheDegenerate]
Saraflare Offline

Originally Posted By: Phosis
There is a brand of peanut butter called "Adams" that is completely natural. My favorite kind. I don't eat as much meat as the next guy, usually sticking with chicken and fish, but not for any particular moral reasons; I just enjoy it.

I will have to check out this peanut butter you speak of. I love all natural foods. I do not have any moral reasons for not eating meat. I do not eat meat because it does not sit well with me and i just do not like it. There is nothing appetizing to me about a bloody stake or a greasy burger.

“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.”
~Anton LaVey

Bless me dark father I have sinned
I've done it before and I'll do it again
Cuz it keeps me warm, and makes you smile
Been beneath me all the while
Whispering sweet nothings
~Alkaline Trio

#295998 - 01/06/08 12:45 AM Re: Healthy vs. Tasty [Re: Saraflare]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

My girlfriend is the same as you. She loves animals, but doesn't care if a cow or two bites it...she just doesn't want to bite THEM, ever. She will eat chicken, and thats it. No red meat for her, it just grosses her out.

#296024 - 01/06/08 06:57 AM Re: Healthy vs. Tasty [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
 Originally Posted By: farjalikhali
... but if it isn't pretty healthy, I take tiny portions of everything.

You mean healthful? Vegetables are healthful, but a celery stalk isn't "healthy" unless you happen to find one doing push-ups.

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
I generally do not like sweets; and, I often eat a salad for “desert”.

Really? I always visualized deserts as being arid, sandy lands myself. For dessert though, I do like sweets.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#296027 - 01/06/08 07:40 AM Re: Healthy vs. Tasty [Re: Bill_M]
Malakuma Offline

Loc: Tokyo, Japan

#296059 - 01/06/08 11:57 AM Re: Healthy vs. Tasty [Re: Malakuma]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
And satisfied too - if I had a boyf with a dick that proportionately large I'd be very happy (or regularly in surgery).

Edited by Scion (01/06/08 11:58 AM)

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#296143 - 01/06/08 05:52 PM Re: Healthy vs. Tasty [Re: Scion]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Is Boyfdick some kind of foreign food?

#296346 - 01/07/08 04:27 PM Re: Healthy vs. Tasty [Re: TheDegenerate]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
 Originally Posted By: Phosis
Is Boyfdick some kind of foreign food?

I'm pretty sure every culture has its own regional version. ;\)

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#296361 - 01/07/08 05:49 PM Re: Healthy vs. Tasty [Re: farjalikhali]
chimera Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA U.S.A.
Hi. "Real" peanut butter separates(Sp?) into oil and solids. Sugar infested stuff doesn't. WE ALL DIE! If your palate and your innards can compromise, chow down... Fiber, bulk helps you dump and stay regular. Carbs are just sugar on the installment plan. Healthy fats(yes, they're real) in moderation are good. One 12 oz. rare steak a week is what the Dr. ordred.
Please don't fret too much. IGNORE oprah, et. al. Pleasure is the name of the game. And I'll be damned to the bishop's private chambers before I'll eat another freaking alfalfa sprout!!!!

#296546 - 01/08/08 10:37 AM Re: Healthy vs. Tasty [Re: Bill_M]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
 Originally Posted By: Bill_M
 Originally Posted By: farjalikhali
... but if it isn't pretty healthy, I take tiny portions of everything.

You mean healthful? Vegetables are healthful, but a celery stalk isn't "healthy" unless you happen to find one doing push-ups.

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
I generally do not like sweets; and, I often eat a salad for “desert”.

Really? I always visualized deserts as being arid, sandy lands myself. For dessert though, I do like sweets.

Eve chuckles. ;\)

Seriously though, the bottom line of being svelte is simply watching your intake of fat and carbs.

YOU ARE what you eat which would...make Me next to nothing.

I see talk of peanut butter......what is even more wonderful is 'Cashew butter'.

Take a look see at the Food Network and do a search under 'Alton Brown'.

Nuts are good for you, indulge!

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#296547 - 01/08/08 10:40 AM Re: Healthy vs. Tasty [Re: Evil_Eve]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
 Originally Posted By: Evil_Eve

I see talk of peanut butter......what is even more wonderful is 'Cashew butter'.

Ever try Nutella?

I don't care if it's bad for me... It's damn good with pretzels.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406368 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements