Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#296651 - 01/08/08 02:34 PM Re: Healthy vs. Tasty [Re: Evil_Eve]
ledbymusic Offline

Loc: SoCal
I agree with Evil_Eve on the whole Rachel Ray subject. I just want someone to shut her up.

With food I have always been the type to eat everything. Growing up around Mexican food didn't help me at all in that department. I still can't get away from the damn enchiladas and tamales. But after years of eating that food I see the effect that it has on my family. Everybody on my mother's side of the family seems to get heart problems and diabetes. I will attribute the diabetes to my families diet in general. Though I may not be able to escape the heart disease. It is one of those hereditary things.

Either way I have recently began to watch my diet and exercise alot more than I used too. Having copious amounts of beer and either burritos or pizza almost every night had alot to do with my gut that I have now. Though not large it is there. I want to be more healthy in my life. I would rather see my children grow up and get to see some grandchildren along the way as well.

Now when it comes to exercising I have the greatest personal trainer in the world. The U.S. Marines. So I have a steady work out routine that I follow no matter how much it hurts or how badly I want to quit. That is all because I know that it is only temporary. At least the extensive workout routine.

When it comes to the food portion I try to stay away from the sweets as much as I can. But in most occasions I tend to satisfy my sweet tooth with a granola bar or a trail mix with raisins. I still eat most of the same things that I had before. Only in more moderate amounts. Instead of filling my plate with enchiladas alone, I take a much smaller serving and add a salad. Most days for lunch I eat some sort of fruit, some tuna, and drink fresh squeezed grapefruit juice. Dinner I usually cook the norm. A good steak or so roasted chicken. So instead of buying the 16oz Porterhouse I settle for the smaller one.

There is no reason why you should have to cut out the food you love from you diet. You just have to control how much of it oyu eat. I do not feel like I am denying myself anything when it comes to food. So keep up the exercise and indulge in the foods you like. Just watch the intake of that food.

#296652 - 01/08/08 02:45 PM Re: Healthy vs. Tasty [Re: ledbymusic]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
My interest in Rachel Ray isn't exactly in the realm of food... if you catch my meaning. It started out as a joke between my wife and I and ended up as a fantasy.

Yes, I know... I need some serious help.

#297202 - 01/10/08 02:11 PM Re: Healthy vs. Tasty [Re: Ygraine]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
 Originally Posted By: Ygraine
Nutella. Inside wonton wrappers. Fried. Powdered sugar.

High-end elephant ears.

kick ass.

Y~

Just reading this has made me put on weight.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#297573 - 01/11/08 01:30 PM Re: Healthy vs. Tasty [Re: RaSc]
ledbymusic Offline

Loc: SoCal
I get what you mean RaSc. She is a good looking woman. My turnoff to her is how damn annoying she is.

#297597 - 01/11/08 02:00 PM Re: Healthy vs. Tasty [Re: ledbymusic]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
Ah, sweet vindication!

Thank you, Ledbymusic.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Forum Stats
12021 Members
73 Forums
43830 Topics
405247 Posts