Topic Options
#296282 - 01/07/08 12:05 PM Order of the Black Dragon
Drakein Offline

This organisation claims to be a 'cabal of the Church of Satan' and it's Membership Policies require that those who join must be certified members of the Church of Satan.

So, is this officially a branch of the Church of Satan? And if yes, what's the point?

#296284 - 01/07/08 12:13 PM Re: Order of the Black Dragon [Re: Drakein]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
I cannot answer your question about the CoS affiliation of this group. Looking at their site though, it seems a bit strange for somebody to be hosted at Geocities if your are a serious organization, I mean getting your own domain name and a hosting company shouldn't be that expensive. In my opinion, even in cyberspace the rules of lesser magic still apply.

#296286 - 01/07/08 12:23 PM Re: Order of the Black Dragon [Re: Drakein]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
It is a website operated by a CoS member, yes.

But not a "branch" of the CoS. We do not have branches.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#296290 - 01/07/08 12:37 PM Re: Order of the Black Dragon [Re: Drakein]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
If you spend any time in the movie forum, you will recognize the name of the Warlock who runs the site.

Geocities or no Geocities, from what I have seen, Warlock Blackthorne runs a quality site.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#296299 - 01/07/08 01:20 PM Re: Order of the Black Dragon [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Geocities or no Geocities, from what I have seen, Warlock Blackthorne runs a quality site.

From the mail-address on the site I guessed it might be either Warlock Blackthorne or somebody pretending to be him - the hosting just seemed to be at odds with the impression that I had gotten from this forum. So, no disrespect towards the content intended, just pointing out that the choice of hosting may cause newcommers to question the seriousness of the site.

#296303 - 01/07/08 01:29 PM Re: Order of the Black Dragon [Re: verszou]
melektaus8 Offline

Loc: Michigan.
From what I gather it's an unnofficial gathering of Satanists (as defined by the C.O.S.) who are involved in different activities.

They also publish The Devil's Diary magazine.

-MDW
"Those who are physically and mentally unhealthy and unfit must not perpetuate their sufferings in the bodies of their children. Through educational means the State must teach individuals that illness is not a disgrace but a misfortune for which people are to be pitied, yet at the same time that it is a crime and a disgrace to make this affliction the worse by passing it on to innocent creatures out of a merely egotistic yearning" - Adolf Hitler

http://www.woodharrow.com

#296315 - 01/07/08 02:37 PM Re: Order of the Black Dragon [Re: Drakein]
DBlackthorne Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: The Infernal Empire
As stated in The Introduction:

Quote:
The Order of The Black Dragon is a configuration dedicated to the philosophies & principles of Dr. Anton Szandor LaVey, & is a personal Order supportive of the Church of Satan.

COS membership is recommended to maintain quality of individuals.

#296321 - 01/07/08 03:01 PM Re: Order of the Black Dragon [Re: melektaus8]
Lust Offline

Quote:
They also publish The Devil's Diary magazine.

I know that magazine! Myself, and another Member of the Church of Satan, had an essay published in last years Walpurgisnacht issue. ;\)

HS!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#296328 - 01/07/08 03:14 PM Re: Order of the Black Dragon [Re: Drakein]
Lust Offline

Quote:
And if yes, what's the point?

That is for you to find out. Warlock Draconis Blackthorne, is a gentleman, and a most interesting Satanist, to get to know. My interactions with other Members at O.B.D. have all been very positive, and have resulted in lasting friendships.

HS!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#296344 - 01/07/08 04:02 PM Re: Order of the Black Dragon [Re: DBlackthorne]
Drakein Offline

Understood.

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44034 Topics
406354 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements