Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#296706 - 01/08/08 05:26 PM Do you look/feel younger than your age?
Fala Offline
CoS Member

I thought this might be an interesting little discussion.

In general, I have always been mistaken as being younger than I actually am. Sometimes this is a disadvantage at first. But I have learned to quickly turn it around and use it well.

I could attribute this to good genes, or "clean" living. But I'd rather chalk it up to the fact that I am a Satanist. This means that my internal happiness with myself and my resolve radiates outward. And each year that goes by means that I become stronger and more beautiful.

Do any of you have the same thing happen to you? And how do you feel about my belief?

#296711 - 01/08/08 05:35 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Dead Roses Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
Truly, people do appraise me as older than I actually am. Yet, I've got sort of a baby-face, young appearance. When I ask them about it, they say that it's my eyes which make me look old. Born in a burial gown, haha.

#296717 - 01/08/08 05:47 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
Most people tell me that I look to be in my early twenties. I maintain a mustache so my wife doesn't feel like she's robbing the cradle.

#296720 - 01/08/08 05:59 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: RaSc]
Happy Birthday ledbymusic Offline

Loc: SoCal
I am always told that I seem older than I am. And I definetly feel older than I am. In the short time I have lived, all of 22 years, I have seen and done alot of things that aged me beyond my years. If it is having a kid at 15 or going to war at 18. My experiences and how I handled them is what gives out the vibe that people percieve as me being older than I am.

But my secret to feeling young and remaining young is my children. Everyone has a different way to feel younger or older. Even to look younger or older. I would agree with you to an extent that there are things that can effect the way you look or even carry yourself that would give an observer the perception that you may be younger or older than you actually are.

#296724 - 01/08/08 06:17 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
People constantly assume that I am much younger than I am. This does not bother me and can often be used to my advantage.

I don't attribute my youthful appearance to being a Satanist. It's mostly my genes (a fact that cannot be disputed when I look at my mother), and the care that I take in maintaining my appearance and general health doesn't hurt either.

Oh, and yes... I buy into the quote in my signature as well. While the things you stated about yourself make sense in regards to appearing younger, I don't think they are attributes exclusive to Satanists.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#296725 - 01/08/08 06:21 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: ledbymusic]
Xaira Offline

Loc: South Carolina
I have always been considered older, just because I have always been tall for my age, and I have an older-looking face. (A mustache and goatee help with this, as well.) It has made life a little awkward at times, but also has helped me gain the respect of my elders, and therefore make them listen to me, something that they do not often do to many of my peers. It also helps that my vocabulary and usage of correct grammar makes most people view me as older.

So in essence, I have always been viewed, by my looks and intelligence, as older.

devilchili

"You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance." - Ray Bradbury

#296727 - 01/08/08 06:21 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: RaSc]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
I have a bit of a baby face, so I grew a beard. I get a lot of compliments on it now. I look my age.

But inside, I still feel like I'm 12 years old, and I'm watching all the grown-ups go about their business, and I'm just tagging along, observing.

#296733 - 01/08/08 06:31 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: reprobate]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

I like how I look with a goatee. Only four more years until I can keep one longer than a few weeks.

Inside I always felt older than I was. I never got along with people my own age or younger. I typically have a serious nature and seem to get on a lot better with my elders.

#296736 - 01/08/08 06:35 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I will be 40 years old soon... but they still ask for my ID every time I buy beer. I guess it's because I'm short.

#296737 - 01/08/08 06:36 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: RaSc]
ConquerOrPerish Offline

Loc: DC Metro Area
I'm 24 and look at most 17.

"Making a difference makes sense only if you are convinced that you have mastered the subject at hand to the point where any difference you might make would be for the better." -Thomas Sowell

#296744 - 01/08/08 06:51 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: reprobate]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Same here.

I feel like an odd combination of 10, and 50.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#296783 - 01/08/08 08:30 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

I'm not the norm so far in this thread; I looked damn old when I was a girl. Without exception or exaggeration, I would frequent bars at the age of thirteen without being carded (the legal drinking age in Quebec is 18). Granted, I was tall, well-developed, articulate, and far from stupid. That helps.

I look more my age now (30), but going through most of my life with people assuming that I was older than I was created some very interesting observations about humans. Once, a woman that I babysat for introduced me (wink wink nudge nudge) to her house painter. I was 16, he was 27. To my eyes, he was a man, and adult. This woman's daughters are now 16 years old, and she would balk if they tried dating a 27 year old.

It's because I was mature and looked so old, that people forgot that I was actually quite young and inexperienced.

#296784 - 01/08/08 08:37 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Zaftig]
RottenBonnie Offline

Loc: The West Coast, USA
Soooo.....did you date him? (wink wink nudge nudge) \:\)
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

"There's no such thing as too many books." Poetaster

#296786 - 01/08/08 08:42 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: RottenBonnie]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

No!

But damn I should have! He was super hot. I honestly found him too old for me. That, and the fact that I had a ridiculous, irrational, unproductive attitude that an older man would be "disappointed" in my sexual inexperience. I was so wrong!

I, uh, tend not to pass up those kinds of chances anymore.

#296788 - 01/08/08 08:49 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Zaftig]
RottenBonnie Offline

It's funny how we look back on our teenage selves and all the opportunities we missed. It's okay though, you and I can make up for it in our thirties. ;\)
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

#296791 - 01/08/08 08:58 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: RottenBonnie]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Hear! Hear!

Fingers crossed, I will have several torrid and passionate love affairs this decade. I mean, I already own the shoes for it so...

#296793 - 01/08/08 09:02 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Zaftig]
RottenBonnie Offline

You've also got the right religion for it.

#296797 - 01/08/08 09:09 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I am 5 years older than my wife.

People think I am her father.

The secret to my old looks? I have to explain that with a joke...

A man is looking for the oldest man alive, for Guinness...records, not beer. Finally, sitting on a porch is the oldest looking man imaginable. He interviewd the guy, to find out his secret.

"How have you lived to so great an age?"

"Well, I smoke 5 packs a day. I also drink at least a quart of corn liquor and a case of beer a day. I like women, too. I have my way with a different woman each night. With all that carrying on, I get 2, maybe 3 hours of sleep a night...if any."

The interviewer is shocked!

"How old are you?"

"I turned 25 last week."

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#296807 - 01/08/08 09:35 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

The interviewer is even more shocked when your wife walks out the door and pulls your chair out from under you.

My wife did something similar with a comment I made a few years ago. I'm usually more reserved, but sometimes I just don't know what gets into me.

Someone asked me how I liked my chocolate. I replied, "Dark, just like my women, my beer, and my coffee." Would you believe that I got a stern talking to after that? Honestly, some women say they have a sense of humor...

#296809 - 01/08/08 09:41 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: RaSc]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

I am very lucky. I can flirt in front of her, with no problem. In fact, she points hot chicks out for me. I call her my wing man.

I realized that this was unusual when I found out that there was a rumor about us at work (we work at the same location), the we were swingers. Someone finally asked me about it. I said, no...but thanks. Then I explained that, since my wife is usually there when I make certain statements, I guess I can see how people may think that.

People, as a whole are not just stupid...but they are prudes, as well.

#296813 - 01/08/08 09:53 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
shadowraven213 Offline

Ever since I turned about 14 or thereabouts people said I looked "early 20's" and that hasn't changed yet despite my true age being closer to 30.

People would always remark I was either mature for my age or had "an old soul" or something similar.

I wish I could say I felt younger than I am but I cant.

#296848 - 01/09/08 01:34 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Trau Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
I get pegged for being roughly 10 years younger quite frequently. I attribute this to working out twice a day, a healthy diet, and making sure I keep a shaved head and face.

But, man! When I let the hair on my head and face grow, I look 10 years older! My beard comes in white, the sides of my head comes in white, and the top of my head simply refuses to grow.

"Ha, Ha. I've never seen anyone suck as bad at this as you!" SGT Anderson

"There's no duck! There never HAS been a duck!" Meme

#296878 - 01/09/08 07:14 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
I've been told many times that I look younger than my age. Which is funny, because I have crows feet that show themselves when I smile and I always had thought those wrinkles made me look older than my age. If I shaved completely clean then nobody would take me seriously, this beard does so much for me.

I am really a child at heart and playful in nature. It is when I am in that happy place of care free light spirits and bouncy off kilter humor. Like you mentioned, your attitude radiates from you, for good or ill.

#296886 - 01/09/08 07:55 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Lust Offline

I think it is a matter of knowing how to categorize yourself that is important. The Satanic Witch by Anton Szandor LaVey, covers this in depth.

HS!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#296932 - 01/09/08 12:33 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Lust]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
I like many here it seems, have a baby face as well. (I hate that term, but dammit, it is true.) I also often dress like I am going to a box social, so that helps my age, and I don't often get ID'd. Though I have a bit of weight on me (first day at the gym today!) women still find me appealing for whatever reason; usually the same ones that I find attractive as well. (It isn't super flattering being wanted by someone you wouldn't talk to, let alone ever touch) I FEEL older, on an intellectual level. I would rather go to a fancy dinner party then a club everyday, rather drink a good shiraz then a rye and coke, and would rather smoke tobacco from a pipe then a captain black. Hard to describe in detail, but I prefer the fancier things in life, so it is very tough for me to keep other twenty something friends. (Not because I am not capable, but because I don't give a shit about most of them, and they bore me after a couple of short hours) I get along MUCH better with an older crowd, always have, and until I am in my fifties or something, probably always will.

#296937 - 01/09/08 12:51 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: TheDegenerate]
DaggerJack Offline

Loc: California, USA
I reached 6'1" at the age of 13 and started getting "scruffy" early, and have been mistaken for being much older since. I have also eschewed modern music and dress for older styles for the most part. and I had a babyface too.

#296953 - 01/09/08 02:46 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
JustinR Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
I'm 26 years old, but people always mistake me for younger. Some people have actually thought that I'm 16! I don't mind it, though. When I stop getting ID'd at the liquor store, then I'll feel old.

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

JustinR on The Undercroft

#296966 - 01/09/08 04:12 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: RottenBonnie]
Spike Offline

Loc: Hells Kitchen, NY
I am 45 and look much younger, except for my damn grey hair. I would say that there is truth in what you say, simply because it follows the adage, "you are only as old as you feel." If you feel worn out by life and are content to be a bystander, then I think that would manifest itself in physical appearance as well as in one's health in general. If, as a Satanist (or because of your Satanism), you feel a great sense of vigor or contentment within yourself, it stands to reason that would be reflected in your appearance and demeanor (which I think plays a huge part in how we are perceived, age-wise).

Edited by Spike (01/09/08 04:17 PM)

#297048 - 01/09/08 09:10 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
ECI summarizes the issues quite well.

#297121 - 01/10/08 07:49 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Michal Offline

Loc: Poland
Interesting. I was thinking about it lately. It's not only genes although genes play an important role. In my life I had periods of getting older and then getting younger again. Can't really figure why. When I was 30 I looked older than I do now. And it was a long time ago. Some friends even accused me of face lifting and crap. Now girls give me 28. And that feels good \:\)

#297126 - 01/10/08 08:37 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Michal]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Michal, please post your required introduction.

Thanks in advance.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#297143 - 01/10/08 09:52 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Nemo]
leonor Offline

Loc: Portugal
Magister,

What's the ECI?

october1560
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#297145 - 01/10/08 10:03 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Bruja]
Michal Offline

Hmmm... introduction. I'll do it as soon as I figure how. Sorry, I just registered on this forum.

#297148 - 01/10/08 10:07 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: leonor]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Erotic Crystallization Inertia - the point in time and experience in which a person's emotional/sexual fetishes are established.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#297160 - 01/10/08 11:23 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
leonor Offline

If I think of how people in general face the "aging issue" yes.

Many people start aging themselves way before time, while others mistake "youth" with "replicating youth". And a stereotype builds in.

Thing is, I'm not really sure whether this is "feeling younger". One should live according to one's resources. I do not try to look of feel younger. I pay common-sense and mirrors due attention, to protect myself, but still I can make the difference between self-induced discouragement and actual aging. And I fight it. (I despise it a little bit, to be honest!)

It's a magical thing. In fact, the more I see, the more I realize life is a magical process most of the times.

It's how you face it that changes how you feel about it. It's how you feel about it that shapes your looks.
And it works on daily basis, at every stance.

I take great pleasure at this stubbornness of mine. Cause it's hard as hell sometimes. People inflict you high doses of their own discouragement every day.

But the reward is awesome.

october1560
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#297161 - 01/10/08 11:28 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Phineas]
leonor Offline

The Devil's Notebook. Thank you sir, time for me to read it once again.

october1560

#297162 - 01/10/08 11:40 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: leonor]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
 Originally Posted By: leonor

Many people start aging themselves way before time....

I saw this, in particular, with my grandparents. When they hit a certain age, they were "old", and there was nothing they could do about it as far as they were concerned. Their mindless acquiescence was mind-boggling.

Quote:
It's a magical thing. In fact, the more I see, the more I realize life is a magical process most of the times.

It's how you face it that changes how you feel about it. It's how you feel about it that shapes your looks.
And it works on daily basis, at every stance.

I take great pleasure at this stubbornness of mine. Cause it's hard as hell sometimes. People inflict you high doses of their own discouragement every day.

But the reward is awesome.

october1560

You said this very well! I agree wholeheartedly. I see the magic as well and celebrate it. I suppose that may feel "child-like" to some but it's just natural to me. I really don't think about age very much. I sure like to joke about it but it doesn't concern me. At best, I've only finished my first Act.

I think one of the things that 'ages' people is their attitude, like you said. I notice people consider me far younger than I am. I really don't think it's because I'm short or have a chipmunk-on-helium voice (my general appearance is not youthful). I think it has more to do with my quick and easy smile, my propensity for not taking myself seriously, and my stubbornness as well. You and Bruja have conveyed similar thoughts. Micro to macro - what you feel on the inside does shape how you look on the outside.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#297167 - 01/10/08 11:52 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Shade]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
Some people say I look 24-26, where infact I am younger.
Others say I look 18-19, where in fact I am older.

Of course this can be used to ones advantage.

#297168 - 01/10/08 11:56 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Michal Offline

We all get old. Slower or faster. Interesting thing to realize though is that we don't get old and die because we have to but we get old and die because we DON'T have to live forever. Evolution prepared us to live only as long as enough to procreate. And this may lead us to conclusion that there is a cure for aging and it must be quite simple. Though it has not been invented yet.

#297169 - 01/10/08 11:57 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Shade]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Quote:
I think it has more to do with my quick and easy smile, my propensity for not taking myself seriously, and my stubbornness as well.

A vivacious spirit does wonders in regards to radiating youth.

#297177 - 01/10/08 12:10 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Smoke Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Arizona
I am 40, 41 this year and aside from gray hair (which I have had since I was 18) I look and feel younger than others I encounter My age.

I do not smoke or drink, not that I have anything against them, just a choice.

My skin is still elastic, and I have no crows feet, or laugh lines on My face.

If you have read "The Secret Life of Water" by Masaru Emoto, or any of his books detailing how thoughts have been shown to influence the shape of water crystals, then it is fairly easy to make the connection that our thoughts concerning ourself can have a strong impact on our physical bodies.

#297179 - 01/10/08 12:26 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Just before Christmas an older lady came into my Mother's firm, and she was so beautiful with her white hair and everything, she looked like an ice queen, I think she was 65 or so, but I'm not sure, and I actually don't care, she was beautiful no matter what age she had!

I personally don't care about age at all.

Beauty has no age in my opinion.

I personally want to be 200 years old or more if I can, and I'm sure that even my wrinkles will look beautiful and artistic at that time.

I also want to live forever in the same body if I can.

#297185 - 01/10/08 01:01 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: LightAngel]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
On looks alone, I usually am judged younger than what I am, however, I have always had older friends who judged Me mentally older than My age.

In any event, no matter how you slice it.... I can tell you that there are days that I may look as if I am in My twenties but I feel like I'm in My 90's.

I feel old right now.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#297187 - 01/10/08 01:04 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Shade]
leonor Offline

Originally Posted By: Shade
I saw this, in particular, with my grandparents. When they hit a certain age, they were "old", and there was nothing they could do about it as far as they were concerned. Their mindless acquiescence was mind-boggling.

Well, I see it in people younger than me. And I often come up with "What I am then, a dinosaur? Get out of here!".
We do laugh about it. Yet it is part of the archetype, which makes it so hard to stay unaffected by people's discouragement.

I see a difference between the elderly facing old age as an evidence they can't do a thing about, and people on their 40's (just like me)replicate youth in the most ineffective ways. And I am much more scared with the latter. That's part two of the archetype, making it impossible for some people the same age to flavour complicity.

Now that I re-read ECI, I feel compelled to talk about it.

Else it is something I've been dwelling with quite intensively lately. People I enjoy to be with, but which simply cannot let go of their aging process without permanent cynicism or that obligation to replicate youth, not in the most healthy ways, "missing the riches bellow" and eventually a few comfy laughs.

I really don't think it's because I'm short or have a chipmunk-on-helium voice

LOL
That was visual, Shade!

october1560

Edited by leonor (01/10/08 01:09 PM)

#297188 - 01/10/08 01:16 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

I'm damn near pushing 30 and I still look 19.

I still feel like a kid though. I tend to attract the older women. I have a thing for 40 year old hot milfs.

HS!

#297190 - 01/10/08 01:21 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Callier]
leonor Offline

That's perfectly normal!
Hope you feel the same at the age of 40!

october1560

#297197 - 01/10/08 01:52 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Nemo]
Fala Offline
CoS Member

Agreed, Nemo.

What wonderful answers so far to this topic!

I failed to mention that I looked quite older and more tired a decade ago; I feel like I have reversed aging, so to speak, in the way I have changed my outlook of life.

I definitely can say that I am happier in a lot of ways than I was ten years ago. And, I can also see a great future aead of me.

Now whether all of my dreams come to pass, or if they get detoured into other avenues, does not matter. I know that I will persevere and make the best out of any situation.

And that, my dear fellow Satanists, makes me FEEL young. And in turn, makes me look wonderful.

And as a postnote, I will celebrate my 35th birthday on the 17th.

#297206 - 01/10/08 02:38 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
I never get a consistent answer on this question for two main reasons - first I look fairly youthful, so people want to go lower with their guesses, and second I'm very articulate and confidently presented which makes people think older. The last few people who guessed thought I was 23/24 but I am in fact 28, so there you are. Given that both my parents have aged very well and that I don't smoke or drink and I consume vast quantities of water I'll probably age quite gracefully too.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#297240 - 01/10/08 06:02 PM Well... [Re: Fala]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
I had someone today who said:

"When I met you this morning, I thought you were my age, maybe about 22 or 23, but from the stuff we've been talking about, and all the experience you've had in all those different areas, it's obvious you're older"

"How old do you think I am, then?" I ask.

"Late twenties... Maybe 30-something?"

"I'm 23", I reply.

This kind of thing is not uncommon. People who speak with Me often think I'm somewhar older than I am.

In looks, however, people often judge Me to be younger, especially if I've not shaved that morning. I got asked for ID a little while ago buying razor blades (for which, due weird British laws, one must be at least 16 to buy).

#297265 - 01/10/08 07:27 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Delaware
I used to feel old all the time. the funny part was that I never questioned why a 36 year old man was feeling like he was 66. When I did do that it was like a tidal wave of realization. I ate poorly, hated my current life situation, was unhappy in my relationship... yadda, yadda, yadda. Now, almost a year later since that look began, I feel great. I eat better ( still improving and working on those poor habits..damn, they die hard), got myself out of the poor life situation and out of the bad relationship. Age is just a word. Riding an ambulance I have met 90 year old men that i would have guessed were 60 TOPS and many 40 year olds I would have pegged to have been at least 80. I honestly attribute my hard looks at myself to reading the words of the great Doktor. When You realize your true nature and begin to live in ways that are healthy for your nature, things begin to change for the better. It's about taking charge of your life and living in a way that is positive.

#297266 - 01/10/08 07:30 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
farjalikhali Offline

Loc: Colorado
I just turned 18.

Because of my seemingly childish and simple love of life and the world at large (sorry, cynics! ;\) ), people often place me around 15.

Then again, after even a brief conversation with me, they switch and roll it up to 22. Aside from knowledge and a general idea of people and their reactions to things, they see that I know what the world's really like, and are impressed and awed at my simple understanding of how to change it... something which many people sadly never learn.

As a few people have said, any impression people have of you could be used to your advantage, always. \:\)

-Emo Philips

It's hard to be religious when certain people
are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

-Bill Watterson

#297277 - 01/10/08 07:47 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: farjalikhali]
Saraflare Offline

When people meet me they tend to think I am older. I think it has a lot to do with the way I carry myself, and how articulate I am. I am flattered when people think this, but then i think oh no does that mean when i am like 25 ill look much older \:\)
Also people assume I am older because my boyfriend is 25. Naturally the tend to think we are around the same age.

It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.
~Anton LaVey

Bless me dark father I have sinned
I've done it before and I'll do it again
Cuz it keeps me warm, and makes you smile
Been beneath me all the while
Whispering sweet nothings
~Alkaline Trio

#297282 - 01/10/08 07:57 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Saraflare]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Originally Posted By: Saraflare
but then i think oh no does that mean when i am like 25 ill look much older \:\)

I kinda hate you, Saraflare. I kinda do.

Quote:
Also people assume I am older because my boyfriend is 25. Naturally the tend to think we are around the same age.

I actually never got this when I was married (my husband was 20 years older than me). I sort of preened being the "trophy" wife for awhile though.

PS - On the "25 is old" scale, I am really really old.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

#297295 - 01/10/08 08:17 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Shade]
Saraflare Offline

Awe hehe 25 is not old heh I did not mean it like that \:\)
I'm only 19 so people are surprised when they find that I am so young. I just hope when I'm 25 I don't look like I'm 35 is all I meant dear

~Anton LaVey

~Alkaline Trio

#297299 - 01/10/08 08:25 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Saraflare]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

I don't know.. Shade IS really old!! She once told me about witnessing the dinosaur extinction. HAHAHAHHAHAHA

#297310 - 01/10/08 08:56 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Saraflare]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

I just hope when I'm 25 I don't look like I'm 35 is all I meant dear

How insulting! ;\)

Welcome to the land mine.

#297312 - 01/10/08 08:58 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Saraflare Offline

Oh no hahaha I mean uhhhh well heheh!
I lose here no matter what huh

~Anton LaVey

~Alkaline Trio

#297313 - 01/10/08 08:59 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Saraflare]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Oh no hahaha I mean uhhhh well heheh!
I lose here no matter what huh

Run while you still can!

#297317 - 01/10/08 09:04 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Saraflare]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

HA HA hell, I im 36 im glad im 36. it took to long to become happy in this skin. I turn 37 next month. Means nothing.. just another year older. I guess I will just have to date even younger women now. AHHHH the sweetness of a midlife crisis!!!

#297319 - 01/10/08 09:06 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Saraflare]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Roho and I are just giving you a hard time.

You see, when you reach "our age" you can do things like that.

#297323 - 01/10/08 09:09 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Shade]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Roho and I are just giving you a hard time.

Even when one of us looks 25.

#297325 - 01/10/08 09:10 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Eibon]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
AHHHH the sweetness of a midlife crisis!!!

I'm still trying to convince my wife that I am indeed entitled to a mid-life crisis. She seems to think it's all made up. Like it's a convenience or something. I mean, we are really the ones that are suffering here.

#297327 - 01/10/08 09:12 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Shade]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

people haven't reached you and Roho's age since the book of genesis!!

haha

#297330 - 01/10/08 09:13 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: RaSc]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

remind her of that when you tell her you disbelieve in her hot flashes... oh im so going to get shit for this one...

#297333 - 01/10/08 09:15 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Eibon]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Fortunately my wife doesn't read this board. If she did, I would never bother posting in the upstairs forums.

#297335 - 01/10/08 09:19 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: RaSc]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

HA HA.. neither does my EX-Wife... good thing..

#297342 - 01/10/08 09:28 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Saraflare]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
I'm probably younger than a third of LttD, so don't worry girlie, these old bastards will eventually need us young ones to find their teeth when they misplace them. Let them have their laughs now, while we patiently wait for the ol' geritol switcheroo. ;\)
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a persons faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#297343 - 01/10/08 09:31 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Poetaster]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

Hey! Geritol and grey goose is good stuff!

#297357 - 01/10/08 09:56 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Shade]
Saraflare Offline

So I really do have more to look forward to after I turn 21!

~Anton LaVey

~Alkaline Trio

#297380 - 01/10/08 10:47 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Poetaster]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Just remember...I was good to you.

#297410 - 01/11/08 12:20 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Stev2 Offline

I think it's genes and living. My family looks younger than they should.

It's also fact that the less stress one has the less wrinkles, etc.

#297424 - 01/11/08 01:05 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
When I was younger people asked if I was older than what I actually was.

Now, I tend to look more like my age which is getting up in years. But I am the type of person that likes being older looking because younger people avoid me. Besides men look better in their middle years.

Aging damage to the body, however, I hate for health reasons.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

The first principle is that you must not fool yourselfand you are the easiest person to fool. ~Richard Feynman

#297425 - 01/11/08 01:06 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Poetaster]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
In what feels like an instant you will be just as old.

What am I saying? I am not even that old! \:o

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

The first principle is that you must not fool yourselfand you are the easiest person to fool. ~Richard Feynman

#297448 - 01/11/08 05:57 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Shade]
leonor Offline

Thinking of which, I do love my "blanks" at times.
Shampoo on the fridge and the likes.
Merry 1984 everyone!

october1560

#297449 - 01/11/08 06:11 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Shade]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Quote:
I actually never got this when I was married (my husband was 20 years older than me). I sort of preened being the "trophy" wife for awhile though.

Yes, that's interesting. My partner is older than me, and actually appears even older than what he is. (Which is just fine, as I'm partial to men who are older than I am.. both in appearance and in demeanor). I think when we're together it accentuates the difference, and I appear even younger.

#297461 - 01/11/08 08:04 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Discipline]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Discipline
In what feels like an instant you will be just as old.

You are correct.

#297591 - 01/11/08 01:47 PM Re: Mid-Life Crisis. [Re: RaSc]
farjalikhali Offline

Loc: Colorado
I once read an article (the link is somewhere on LttD, actually, so there is always the chance you've read the same thing!) that claimed the 'mid-life crisis' is actually the *woman's* crisis and the *woman* getting on in age. That, if the husband is getting his hot new bright red Caddy and dressing up and driving around town checking out the young and tantalizingly curvy women, it's not because *he* feels old and wants to feel young again -- it's that his wife is reaching that peak where her looks are fading, her emotions go topsy-turvy by the hour, and her ability to conceive children lessens or possibly leaves for good.

It's supposed to be mixture of boredom and remorse on the man's part; not to necessarily leave his gal, but to at least reassure himself that, if he wanted to, he has many other (more pretty, capable, and fertile) options available to him.

-Emo Philips

It's hard to be religious when certain people
are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

-Bill Watterson

#297664 - 01/11/08 04:01 PM Re: Mid-Life Crisis. [Re: farjalikhali]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

I don't have a wife anymore... damn.. now I have no excuse for a sports car and a hot, long brown haired, beautiful woman.... oh wait... Im sure I can think of something.

#297675 - 01/11/08 05:21 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: RaSc]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

Same here - I was always hanging around adults as a kid, and ever since I was in my late teens I've been assumed to be 30. Fortunately, as I've crept closer to that, the song remains the same and everyone seems to think I am 30.

I figure that's a good round number that I'll stick with. ;\)

#297687 - 01/11/08 05:40 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Maqlu]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Thirty seems to be a gray area for most people. Most young people look at 30 somethings as just older - an almost indefinable quantity. People in their 40s and beyond look at us as whippersnappers.

It reminds me of somethings I once read about perceived brightness of candles.

I like being in my 30s... much better than my 20s.

#297817 - 01/12/08 12:08 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: RaSc]
AztecRed Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
I feel older than I should. Mostly because I don't get nearly as much exercise or sleep as I should. However, I look a lot younger than many of the people in my peer group. I credit that to not smoking and taking care of my skin.

#297828 - 01/12/08 01:24 AM Re: Mid-Life Crisis. [Re: farjalikhali]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: farjalikhali
that claimed the 'mid-life crisis' is actually the *woman's* crisis

What you describe here sound like an insecure little boy, and to blame the ''mid-life crisis'' on the woman, sound hilarious, because both men and woman can have a crisis, and either you face it, and become stronger, or you act like a little child running away from your responsibility.

All this has a lot to do with maturity and strength.

A real man who really love his women, will always see her as the most beautiful girl in the world no matter what age she has.

It's of course also up to the women to be intelligent enough to choose the right strong man, instead of a weak one.

#300681 - 01/23/08 03:43 AM Re: Mid-Life Crisis. [Re: LightAngel]
Skully Offline

Loc: London, UK
I believe everyone should age garcefully. Which I just don't know how to do. In my teens I looked older than my age which got me into places and got me alcohol. And then suddenly my clock stopped at "somewhere around 20 or 21" and, depending on the sort of day I'm having, stays there. It's quite fun when I still get ID'd in a shop buying ciggies or wine. I never intenionally try to look younger, but I just look it. And don't really behave my age, either. Deep down I'm an eternal teenager. It's fun. Maybe one day I'll grow up, but not just yet.

#300896 - 01/23/08 05:33 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Illuminatus Offline

Loc: Hellsinki, Finland
Generally I have been thoughed much older than I am, which is 22. I'd like to think that it's because of my mature thoughts and manner but probably it has more to do with my beard and drinking habits.

I do think that "clean living" can make you seem younger than you are, especially when you're a real adult(+30). But since I lack most "clean living" attributes I guess I have to look older than I am.

#300911 - 01/23/08 06:52 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Illuminatus]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

I often score with my youth when the Calgary Stampede comes around. (A fair with games, rides, rodeos...the greatest outdoor show on Earth.) It is tradition for me to win some overpriced stuffed toy for my girlfriend, yearly, as a way of annually reinstating my manhood to her. I have yet to fail, though I assume the reprecussions of doing so would be great, involving some kind of sexual humiliation and beating by other men.

How do I win so consistently? The sharper of you reading will have guessed by now; the age guessing booth! The age they guess is ridiculous, however, not even anywhere close to my real age. Last year, two guys in a row (There are multiple booths) guessed my age at 13. (Yes, lucky number 13.) With little embarresment on my part, (it was they who failed to do their jobs.) I walked away with a frog AND a tiger. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

(I gave the frog to the mother-in-law, scoring major points.)

#301090 - 01/24/08 10:53 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
For as long as I can remember, when I tell people my age they usually respond with raising their eyebrows in surprise and swearing that they thought I was older. Especially after speaking to me, since little-mind-fucker I likes heavy topics =p

I think many guys wish I was older; I constantly get hit on by men at least 8 years older than me. Some are even in their 30's which is almost disturbing at times.

I definitely feel older than others my age. I've always had friends older than me and I've always looked far older (by the age of 12 I already had curves and was about 5'4 (now I'm 5'6-7)).
Even after skipping a grade I looked older than my classmates, and I only started to somewhat blend-in towards the end of high-school.
I was, and still am, loved by parents - which I attribute to this "responsible adult" look I guess they like (little do they know that under the decent faade lays a twisted girl like me ;)).
And I can't recall ever having to show my ID to get alcohol.
And my boyfriends were never less than 6 years older than me.

I wonder if I am mature for my age because I was expected to because of my looks, or if it's just me regardless.

I think the greatest disadvantage is that people expect me to have life experience I still lack, so they tend to be less forgiving about mistakes I innocently make.
I still have some leftovers of teenage stupidity bite me from behind every once in a while. ;p

Fun Fact:
I was pretty darn sure Rev. Leviathan was in his 40's before I got to know him. =P

#301545 - 01/26/08 09:56 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
 Quote:
I could attribute this to good genes, or "clean" living. But I'd rather chalk it up to the fact that I am a Satanist.

I'd say genes play a huge part, as would smoking, diet, mental health, and exposure to the sun.

I think Satanism expects you to look after yourself (mind and body) so to speak - which would in turn probably help you look as young as you could (for your genes).

I have this jumper (pullover) with a hood, and when I wear it I swear I must look 16 - it's ridiculous. I always get carded too. My younger brother has a baby face but doesn't get carded! Both my parents look and live young, so it's probably the genes.

I have noticed here in Australia that once the women get to a certain age (late 40's at the earliest) they cut their hair really short (like, 5cm). It's very rare to see a woman over 50 with even shoulder length hair. I swear they just get a certain age and don't care, as long as it's low maintenance!

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43976 Topics
406016 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements