Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#296706 - 01/08/08 05:26 PM Do you look/feel younger than your age?
Fala Offline
CoS Member

I thought this might be an interesting little discussion.

In general, I have always been mistaken as being younger than I actually am. Sometimes this is a disadvantage at first. But I have learned to quickly turn it around and use it well.

I could attribute this to good genes, or "clean" living. But I'd rather chalk it up to the fact that I am a Satanist. This means that my internal happiness with myself and my resolve radiates outward. And each year that goes by means that I become stronger and more beautiful.

Do any of you have the same thing happen to you? And how do you feel about my belief?

#296711 - 01/08/08 05:35 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Dead Roses Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
Truly, people do appraise me as older than I actually am. Yet, I've got sort of a baby-face, young appearance. When I ask them about it, they say that it's my eyes which make me look old. Born in a burial gown, haha.

#296717 - 01/08/08 05:47 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
Most people tell me that I look to be in my early twenties. I maintain a mustache so my wife doesn't feel like she's robbing the cradle.

#296720 - 01/08/08 05:59 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: RaSc]
ledbymusic Offline

Loc: SoCal
I am always told that I seem older than I am. And I definetly feel older than I am. In the short time I have lived, all of 22 years, I have seen and done alot of things that aged me beyond my years. If it is having a kid at 15 or going to war at 18. My experiences and how I handled them is what gives out the vibe that people percieve as me being older than I am.

But my secret to feeling young and remaining young is my children. Everyone has a different way to feel younger or older. Even to look younger or older. I would agree with you to an extent that there are things that can effect the way you look or even carry yourself that would give an observer the perception that you may be younger or older than you actually are.

#296724 - 01/08/08 06:17 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
People constantly assume that I am much younger than I am. This does not bother me and can often be used to my advantage.

I don't attribute my youthful appearance to being a Satanist. It's mostly my genes (a fact that cannot be disputed when I look at my mother), and the care that I take in maintaining my appearance and general health doesn't hurt either.

Oh, and yes... I buy into the quote in my signature as well. While the things you stated about yourself make sense in regards to appearing younger, I don't think they are attributes exclusive to Satanists.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#296725 - 01/08/08 06:21 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: ledbymusic]
Xaira Offline

Loc: South Carolina
I have always been considered older, just because I have always been tall for my age, and I have an older-looking face. (A mustache and goatee help with this, as well.) It has made life a little awkward at times, but also has helped me gain the respect of my elders, and therefore make them listen to me, something that they do not often do to many of my peers. It also helps that my vocabulary and usage of correct grammar makes most people view me as older.

So in essence, I have always been viewed, by my looks and intelligence, as older.

devilchili

"You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance." - Ray Bradbury

#296727 - 01/08/08 06:21 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: RaSc]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
I have a bit of a baby face, so I grew a beard. I get a lot of compliments on it now. I look my age.

But inside, I still feel like I'm 12 years old, and I'm watching all the grown-ups go about their business, and I'm just tagging along, observing.

#296733 - 01/08/08 06:31 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: reprobate]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
I like how I look with a goatee. Only four more years until I can keep one longer than a few weeks.

Inside I always felt older than I was. I never got along with people my own age or younger. I typically have a serious nature and seem to get on a lot better with my elders.

#296736 - 01/08/08 06:35 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I will be 40 years old soon... but they still ask for my ID every time I buy beer. I guess it's because I'm short.

#296737 - 01/08/08 06:36 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: RaSc]
ConquerOrPerish Offline

Loc: DC Metro Area
I'm 24 and look at most 17.

"Making a difference makes sense only if you are convinced that you have mastered the subject at hand to the point where any difference you might make would be for the better." -Thomas Sowell

#296744 - 01/08/08 06:51 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: reprobate]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Same here.

I feel like an odd combination of 10, and 50.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#296783 - 01/08/08 08:30 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

I'm not the norm so far in this thread; I looked damn old when I was a girl. Without exception or exaggeration, I would frequent bars at the age of thirteen without being carded (the legal drinking age in Quebec is 18). Granted, I was tall, well-developed, articulate, and far from stupid. That helps.

I look more my age now (30), but going through most of my life with people assuming that I was older than I was created some very interesting observations about humans. Once, a woman that I babysat for introduced me (wink wink nudge nudge) to her house painter. I was 16, he was 27. To my eyes, he was a man, and adult. This woman's daughters are now 16 years old, and she would balk if they tried dating a 27 year old.

It's because I was mature and looked so old, that people forgot that I was actually quite young and inexperienced.

#296784 - 01/08/08 08:37 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Zaftig]
RottenBonnie Offline

Loc: The West Coast, USA
Soooo.....did you date him? (wink wink nudge nudge) \:\)
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

"There's no such thing as too many books." Poetaster

#296786 - 01/08/08 08:42 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: RottenBonnie]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

No!

But damn I should have! He was super hot. I honestly found him too old for me. That, and the fact that I had a ridiculous, irrational, unproductive attitude that an older man would be "disappointed" in my sexual inexperience. I was so wrong!

I, uh, tend not to pass up those kinds of chances anymore.

#296788 - 01/08/08 08:49 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Zaftig]
RottenBonnie Offline

Loc: The West Coast, USA
It's funny how we look back on our teenage selves and all the opportunities we missed. It's okay though, you and I can make up for it in our thirties. ;\)
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

"There's no such thing as too many books." Poetaster

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12117 Members
73 Forums
43874 Topics
405554 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements