Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#296791 - 01/08/08 08:58 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: RottenBonnie]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Hear! Hear!

Fingers crossed, I will have several torrid and passionate love affairs this decade. I mean, I already own the shoes for it so...

#296793 - 01/08/08 09:02 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Zaftig]
RottenBonnie Offline

Loc: The West Coast, USA
You've also got the right religion for it.
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

"There's no such thing as too many books." Poetaster

#296797 - 01/08/08 09:09 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I am 5 years older than my wife.

People think I am her father.

The secret to my old looks? I have to explain that with a joke...

A man is looking for the oldest man alive, for Guinness...records, not beer. Finally, sitting on a porch is the oldest looking man imaginable. He interviewd the guy, to find out his secret.

"How have you lived to so great an age?"

"Well, I smoke 5 packs a day. I also drink at least a quart of corn liquor and a case of beer a day. I like women, too. I have my way with a different woman each night. With all that carrying on, I get 2, maybe 3 hours of sleep a night...if any."

The interviewer is shocked!

"How old are you?"

"I turned 25 last week."

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#296807 - 01/08/08 09:35 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
The interviewer is even more shocked when your wife walks out the door and pulls your chair out from under you.

My wife did something similar with a comment I made a few years ago. I'm usually more reserved, but sometimes I just don't know what gets into me.

Someone asked me how I liked my chocolate. I replied, "Dark, just like my women, my beer, and my coffee." Would you believe that I got a stern talking to after that? Honestly, some women say they have a sense of humor...

#296809 - 01/08/08 09:41 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: RaSc]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I am very lucky. I can flirt in front of her, with no problem. In fact, she points hot chicks out for me. I call her my wing man.

I realized that this was unusual when I found out that there was a rumor about us at work (we work at the same location), the we were swingers. Someone finally asked me about it. I said, no...but thanks. Then I explained that, since my wife is usually there when I make certain statements, I guess I can see how people may think that.

People, as a whole are not just stupid...but they are prudes, as well.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#296813 - 01/08/08 09:53 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
shadowraven213 Offline

Ever since I turned about 14 or thereabouts people said I looked "early 20's" and that hasn't changed yet despite my true age being closer to 30.

People would always remark I was either mature for my age or had "an old soul" or something similar.

I wish I could say I felt younger than I am but I cant.

#296848 - 01/09/08 01:34 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Trau Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
I get pegged for being roughly 10 years younger quite frequently. I attribute this to working out twice a day, a healthy diet, and making sure I keep a shaved head and face.

But, man! When I let the hair on my head and face grow, I look 10 years older! My beard comes in white, the sides of my head comes in white, and the top of my head simply refuses to grow.

"Ha, Ha. I've never seen anyone suck as bad at this as you!" SGT Anderson

"There's no duck! There never HAS been a duck!" Meme

#296878 - 01/09/08 07:14 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
I've been told many times that I look younger than my age. Which is funny, because I have crows feet that show themselves when I smile and I always had thought those wrinkles made me look older than my age. If I shaved completely clean then nobody would take me seriously, this beard does so much for me.

I am really a child at heart and playful in nature. It is when I am in that happy place of care free light spirits and bouncy off kilter humor. Like you mentioned, your attitude radiates from you, for good or ill.

#296886 - 01/09/08 07:55 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Lust Offline

I think it is a matter of knowing how to categorize yourself that is important. The Satanic Witch by Anton Szandor LaVey, covers this in depth.

HS!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#296932 - 01/09/08 12:33 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Lust]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
I like many here it seems, have a baby face as well. (I hate that term, but dammit, it is true.) I also often dress like I am going to a box social, so that helps my age, and I don't often get ID'd. Though I have a bit of weight on me (first day at the gym today!) women still find me appealing for whatever reason; usually the same ones that I find attractive as well. (It isn't super flattering being wanted by someone you wouldn't talk to, let alone ever touch) I FEEL older, on an intellectual level. I would rather go to a fancy dinner party then a club everyday, rather drink a good shiraz then a rye and coke, and would rather smoke tobacco from a pipe then a captain black. Hard to describe in detail, but I prefer the fancier things in life, so it is very tough for me to keep other twenty something friends. (Not because I am not capable, but because I don't give a shit about most of them, and they bore me after a couple of short hours) I get along MUCH better with an older crowd, always have, and until I am in my fifties or something, probably always will.

#296937 - 01/09/08 12:51 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: TheDegenerate]
DaggerJack Offline

Loc: California, USA
I reached 6'1" at the age of 13 and started getting "scruffy" early, and have been mistaken for being much older since. I have also eschewed modern music and dress for older styles for the most part. and I had a babyface too.

#296953 - 01/09/08 02:46 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
JustinR Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
I'm 26 years old, but people always mistake me for younger. Some people have actually thought that I'm 16! I don't mind it, though. When I stop getting ID'd at the liquor store, then I'll feel old.

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

JustinR on The Undercroft

#296966 - 01/09/08 04:12 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: RottenBonnie]
Spike Offline

Loc: Hells Kitchen, NY
I am 45 and look much younger, except for my damn grey hair. I would say that there is truth in what you say, simply because it follows the adage, "you are only as old as you feel." If you feel worn out by life and are content to be a bystander, then I think that would manifest itself in physical appearance as well as in one's health in general. If, as a Satanist (or because of your Satanism), you feel a great sense of vigor or contentment within yourself, it stands to reason that would be reflected in your appearance and demeanor (which I think plays a huge part in how we are perceived, age-wise).

Edited by Spike (01/09/08 04:17 PM)

#297048 - 01/09/08 09:10 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
ECI summarizes the issues quite well.

#297121 - 01/10/08 07:49 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Michal Offline

Loc: Poland
Interesting. I was thinking about it lately. It's not only genes although genes play an important role. In my life I had periods of getting older and then getting younger again. Can't really figure why. When I was 30 I looked older than I do now. And it was a long time ago. Some friends even accused me of face lifting and crap. Now girls give me 28. And that feels good \:\)

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12156 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405735 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements