Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#297621 - 01/11/08 02:48 PM Re: The Meanest Mom on the Planet [Re: Poetaster]
ledbymusic Offline

Loc: SoCal
I want to admit my fault here of being to quick to judge. Poetaster made an amzing point. I got too wrapped up in the story to realize that there was more to it. I thank you for showing me my folly and helping me learn from it.

#297628 - 01/11/08 03:02 PM Re: The Meanest Mom on the Planet [Re: Poetaster]
RottenBonnie Offline

Loc: The West Coast, USA
 Originally Posted By: Poetaster
The point is that in this case, there could certainly be another side to the story.

Well, of course. But since all we have is this media snippet then that is what we use to judge the situation. We're not the jury, and our judgement has no consequences (other than potentially looking like an ass \:\)), so it is okay for us to use it for what it is (entertainment) and discuss it here.

I do appreciate your ability to read between the lines on behavior, though. The fact that the mother kept the ad running even though the car had sold hadn't really registered for me. I also hadn't thought "Would I do this to my teenage son?" And My answer was no.

Edited by RottenBonnie (01/11/08 03:03 PM)
Edit Reason: to add a "t"
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

"There's no such thing as too many books." Poetaster

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
12158 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405738 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements