Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#297126 - 01/10/08 08:37 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Michal]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Michal, please post your required introduction.

Thanks in advance.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#297143 - 01/10/08 09:52 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Nemo]
leonor Offline

Loc: Portugal
Magister,

What's the ECI?

october1560
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#297145 - 01/10/08 10:03 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Bruja]
Michal Offline

Loc: Poland
Hmmm... introduction. I'll do it as soon as I figure how. Sorry, I just registered on this forum.

#297148 - 01/10/08 10:07 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: leonor]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Erotic Crystallization Inertia - the point in time and experience in which a person's emotional/sexual fetishes are established.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#297160 - 01/10/08 11:23 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
leonor Offline

If I think of how people in general face the "aging issue" yes.

Many people start aging themselves way before time, while others mistake "youth" with "replicating youth". And a stereotype builds in.

Thing is, I'm not really sure whether this is "feeling younger". One should live according to one's resources. I do not try to look of feel younger. I pay common-sense and mirrors due attention, to protect myself, but still I can make the difference between self-induced discouragement and actual aging. And I fight it. (I despise it a little bit, to be honest!)

It's a magical thing. In fact, the more I see, the more I realize life is a magical process most of the times.

It's how you face it that changes how you feel about it. It's how you feel about it that shapes your looks.
And it works on daily basis, at every stance.

I take great pleasure at this stubbornness of mine. Cause it's hard as hell sometimes. People inflict you high doses of their own discouragement every day.

But the reward is awesome.

october1560
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#297161 - 01/10/08 11:28 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Phineas]
leonor Offline

The Devil's Notebook. Thank you sir, time for me to read it once again.

october1560

#297162 - 01/10/08 11:40 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: leonor]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
 Originally Posted By: leonor

Many people start aging themselves way before time....

I saw this, in particular, with my grandparents. When they hit a certain age, they were "old", and there was nothing they could do about it as far as they were concerned. Their mindless acquiescence was mind-boggling.

Quote:
It's a magical thing. In fact, the more I see, the more I realize life is a magical process most of the times.

It's how you face it that changes how you feel about it. It's how you feel about it that shapes your looks.
And it works on daily basis, at every stance.

I take great pleasure at this stubbornness of mine. Cause it's hard as hell sometimes. People inflict you high doses of their own discouragement every day.

But the reward is awesome.

october1560

You said this very well! I agree wholeheartedly. I see the magic as well and celebrate it. I suppose that may feel "child-like" to some but it's just natural to me. I really don't think about age very much. I sure like to joke about it but it doesn't concern me. At best, I've only finished my first Act.

I think one of the things that 'ages' people is their attitude, like you said. I notice people consider me far younger than I am. I really don't think it's because I'm short or have a chipmunk-on-helium voice (my general appearance is not youthful). I think it has more to do with my quick and easy smile, my propensity for not taking myself seriously, and my stubbornness as well. You and Bruja have conveyed similar thoughts. Micro to macro - what you feel on the inside does shape how you look on the outside.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#297167 - 01/10/08 11:52 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Shade]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
Some people say I look 24-26, where infact I am younger.
Others say I look 18-19, where in fact I am older.

Of course this can be used to ones advantage.

#297168 - 01/10/08 11:56 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Michal Offline

Loc: Poland
We all get old. Slower or faster. Interesting thing to realize though is that we don't get old and die because we have to but we get old and die because we DON'T have to live forever. Evolution prepared us to live only as long as enough to procreate. And this may lead us to conclusion that there is a cure for aging and it must be quite simple. Though it has not been invented yet.

#297169 - 01/10/08 11:57 AM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Shade]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
 Quote:
I think it has more to do with my quick and easy smile, my propensity for not taking myself seriously, and my stubbornness as well.

A vivacious spirit does wonders in regards to radiating youth.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#297177 - 01/10/08 12:10 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Smoke Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Arizona
I am 40, 41 this year and aside from gray hair (which I have had since I was 18) I look and feel younger than others I encounter My age.

I do not smoke or drink, not that I have anything against them, just a choice.

My skin is still elastic, and I have no crows feet, or laugh lines on My face.

If you have read "The Secret Life of Water" by Masaru Emoto, or any of his books detailing how thoughts have been shown to influence the shape of water crystals, then it is fairly easy to make the connection that our thoughts concerning ourself can have a strong impact on our physical bodies.

#297179 - 01/10/08 12:26 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Just before Christmas an older lady came into my Mother's firm, and she was so beautiful with her white hair and everything, she looked like an ice queen, I think she was 65 or so, but I'm not sure, and I actually don't care, she was beautiful no matter what age she had!

I personally don't care about age at all.

Beauty has no age in my opinion.

I personally want to be 200 years old or more if I can, and I'm sure that even my wrinkles will look beautiful and artistic at that time.

I also want to live forever in the same body if I can.

#297185 - 01/10/08 01:01 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: LightAngel]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
On looks alone, I usually am judged younger than what I am, however, I have always had older friends who judged Me mentally older than My age.

In any event, no matter how you slice it.... I can tell you that there are days that I may look as if I am in My twenties but I feel like I'm in My 90's.

I feel old right now.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#297187 - 01/10/08 01:04 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Shade]
leonor Offline

Originally Posted By: Shade
I saw this, in particular, with my grandparents. When they hit a certain age, they were "old", and there was nothing they could do about it as far as they were concerned. Their mindless acquiescence was mind-boggling.

Well, I see it in people younger than me. And I often come up with "What I am then, a dinosaur? Get out of here!".
We do laugh about it. Yet it is part of the archetype, which makes it so hard to stay unaffected by people's discouragement.

I see a difference between the elderly facing old age as an evidence they can't do a thing about, and people on their 40's (just like me)replicate youth in the most ineffective ways. And I am much more scared with the latter. That's part two of the archetype, making it impossible for some people the same age to flavour complicity.

Now that I re-read ECI, I feel compelled to talk about it.

Else it is something I've been dwelling with quite intensively lately. People I enjoy to be with, but which simply cannot let go of their aging process without permanent cynicism or that obligation to replicate youth, not in the most healthy ways, "missing the riches bellow" and eventually a few comfy laughs.

Originally Posted By: Shade
I really don't think it's because I'm short or have a chipmunk-on-helium voice

LOL
That was visual, Shade!

october1560

Edited by leonor (01/10/08 01:09 PM)

#297188 - 01/10/08 01:16 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

I'm damn near pushing 30 and I still look 19.

I still feel like a kid though. I tend to attract the older women. I have a thing for 40 year old hot milfs.

HS!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406073 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements