Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#297190 - 01/10/08 01:21 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Callier]
leonor Offline

Loc: Portugal
That's perfectly normal!
Hope you feel the same at the age of 40!

october1560
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#297197 - 01/10/08 01:52 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Nemo]
Fala Offline
CoS Member

Agreed, Nemo.

What wonderful answers so far to this topic!

I failed to mention that I looked quite older and more tired a decade ago; I feel like I have reversed aging, so to speak, in the way I have changed my outlook of life.

I definitely can say that I am happier in a lot of ways than I was ten years ago. And, I can also see a great future aead of me.

Now whether all of my dreams come to pass, or if they get detoured into other avenues, does not matter. I know that I will persevere and make the best out of any situation.

And that, my dear fellow Satanists, makes me FEEL young. And in turn, makes me look wonderful.

And as a postnote, I will celebrate my 35th birthday on the 17th.

#297206 - 01/10/08 02:38 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
I never get a consistent answer on this question for two main reasons - first I look fairly youthful, so people want to go lower with their guesses, and second I'm very articulate and confidently presented which makes people think older. The last few people who guessed thought I was 23/24 but I am in fact 28, so there you are. Given that both my parents have aged very well and that I don't smoke or drink and I consume vast quantities of water I'll probably age quite gracefully too.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#297240 - 01/10/08 06:02 PM Well... [Re: Fala]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
I had someone today who said:

"When I met you this morning, I thought you were my age, maybe about 22 or 23, but from the stuff we've been talking about, and all the experience you've had in all those different areas, it's obvious you're older"

"How old do you think I am, then?" I ask.

"Late twenties... Maybe 30-something?"

"I'm 23", I reply.

This kind of thing is not uncommon. People who speak with Me often think I'm somewhar older than I am.

In looks, however, people often judge Me to be younger, especially if I've not shaved that morning. I got asked for ID a little while ago buying razor blades (for which, due weird British laws, one must be at least 16 to buy).

#297265 - 01/10/08 07:27 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
Thaumaturge Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Delaware
I used to feel old all the time. the funny part was that I never questioned why a 36 year old man was feeling like he was 66. When I did do that it was like a tidal wave of realization. I ate poorly, hated my current life situation, was unhappy in my relationship... yadda, yadda, yadda. Now, almost a year later since that look began, I feel great. I eat better ( still improving and working on those poor habits..damn, they die hard), got myself out of the poor life situation and out of the bad relationship. Age is just a word. Riding an ambulance I have met 90 year old men that i would have guessed were 60 TOPS and many 40 year olds I would have pegged to have been at least 80. I honestly attribute my hard looks at myself to reading the words of the great Doktor. When You realize your true nature and begin to live in ways that are healthy for your nature, things begin to change for the better. It's about taking charge of your life and living in a way that is positive.

#297266 - 01/10/08 07:30 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Fala]
farjalikhali Offline

Loc: Colorado
I just turned 18.

Because of my seemingly childish and simple love of life and the world at large (sorry, cynics! ;\) ), people often place me around 15.

Then again, after even a brief conversation with me, they switch and roll it up to 22. Aside from knowledge and a general idea of people and their reactions to things, they see that I know what the world's really like, and are impressed and awed at my simple understanding of how to change it... something which many people sadly never learn.

As a few people have said, any impression people have of you could be used to your advantage, always. \:\)

-Emo Philips

It's hard to be religious when certain people
are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

-Bill Watterson

#297277 - 01/10/08 07:47 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: farjalikhali]
Saraflare Offline

When people meet me they tend to think I am older. I think it has a lot to do with the way I carry myself, and how articulate I am. I am flattered when people think this, but then i think oh no does that mean when i am like 25 ill look much older \:\)
Also people assume I am older because my boyfriend is 25. Naturally the tend to think we are around the same age.

“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.”
~Anton LaVey

Bless me dark father I have sinned
I've done it before and I'll do it again
Cuz it keeps me warm, and makes you smile
Been beneath me all the while
Whispering sweet nothings
~Alkaline Trio

#297282 - 01/10/08 07:57 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Saraflare]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: In transit
 Originally Posted By: Saraflare
but then i think oh no does that mean when i am like 25 ill look much older \:\)

I kinda hate you, Saraflare. I kinda do.

Quote:
Also people assume I am older because my boyfriend is 25. Naturally the tend to think we are around the same age.

I actually never got this when I was married (my husband was 20 years older than me). I sort of preened being the "trophy" wife for awhile though.

PS - On the "25 is old" scale, I am really really old.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

“Up where the smoke is all billered and curled
'Tween pavement and stars is the chimney sweep world
When there's 'ardly no day nor 'ardly no night
There's things 'alf in shadow and 'alfway in light" ~ The New Christy Minstrels

#297295 - 01/10/08 08:17 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Shade]
Saraflare Offline

Awe hehe 25 is not old heh I did not mean it like that \:\)
I'm only 19 so people are surprised when they find that I am so young. I just hope when I'm 25 I don't look like I'm 35 is all I meant dear

~Anton LaVey

~Alkaline Trio

#297299 - 01/10/08 08:25 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Saraflare]
Thaumaturge Offline

CoS Member

I don't know.. Shade IS really old!! She once told me about witnessing the dinosaur extinction. HAHAHAHHAHAHA

#297310 - 01/10/08 08:56 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Saraflare]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I just hope when I'm 25 I don't look like I'm 35 is all I meant dear

How insulting! ;\)

Welcome to the land mine.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#297312 - 01/10/08 08:58 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Saraflare Offline

Oh no hahaha I mean uhhhh well heheh!
I lose here no matter what huh

~Anton LaVey

~Alkaline Trio

#297313 - 01/10/08 08:59 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Saraflare]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Oh no hahaha I mean uhhhh well heheh!
I lose here no matter what huh

Run while you still can!

#297317 - 01/10/08 09:04 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Saraflare]
Thaumaturge Offline

CoS Member

HA HA hell, I im 36 im glad im 36. it took to long to become happy in this skin. I turn 37 next month. Means nothing.. just another year older. I guess I will just have to date even younger women now. AHHHH the sweetness of a midlife crisis!!!

#297319 - 01/10/08 09:06 PM Re: Do you look/feel younger than your age? [Re: Saraflare]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: In transit
Roho and I are just giving you a hard time.

You see, when you reach "our age" you can do things like that.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

“Up where the smoke is all billered and curled
'Tween pavement and stars is the chimney sweep world
When there's 'ardly no day nor 'ardly no night
There's things 'alf in shadow and 'alfway in light" ~ The New Christy Minstrels

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43637 Topics
404147 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements