Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#297669 - 01/11/08 04:37 PM Re: Death [Re: Discipline]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I remember a guy who sold talismans that saved you from being killed on a war. He said in case of failure, he would refund the full price.

#297670 - 01/11/08 04:44 PM Re: Death [Re: Old_Pig]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
Ha!

Receipt required of course.

Refunds are funny.

Someone once offered me a rebate certificate for a light bulb I purchased. I refused. When they asked why, I responded because I didn't believe in them. They had a confused look as I walked away.

The real reason - because the rebate was for 20 cents off - but you had to mail it in.

#297672 - 01/11/08 05:00 PM Re: Death [Re: RaSc]
sgt_sodomy Offline
Banned Woman Abuser

I'd rather die than go to heaven. -- William Murderface

#297697 - 01/11/08 06:22 PM Re: Death [Re: Old_Pig]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Ha! That is great!

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#297704 - 01/11/08 06:48 PM Re: Death [Re: sgt_sodomy]
Elba Patay Offline

Originally Posted By: sgt_sodomy
Satanically speaking (of course):

What does death mean to you?
What would you die for?

Death is my God. Why? Because nothing else influences my life so much.

I would die for in exchange for life, if I found that I could not face death with honesty.

#297717 - 01/11/08 08:01 PM Re: Death [Re: Elba Patay]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Death is your God, hey? Why aren't YOU your own God?

It is a funny statement to think that death would influence life.

If you simply live, there is no reason to die "in exchange for life." You would already have life, therefore, such exchange is not necessary.

#297743 - 01/11/08 09:14 PM The most occult practice I know. [Re: sgt_sodomy]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
In 1969 The Satanic Bible was published and for the first time in human history you could buy a book and learn what Satanism is.

About that same time there was a social "revolution" with hippies (who became yuppies and are now preparing to retire on their IRAs) and that revolution promoted a number of really stupid and unworkable idealistic practices.

One such piece of nonsense was the idea that people should get together and thrash out the meaning of a word or an idea without reference to books!

I didn't learn about this particularly US-based piece of stupidity until I returned from an overseas assignment and, on a lark, took some undergraduate college courses (despite having already finished graduate school).

I quite clearly remember sitting in on a "seminar" during which I was listening to these somewhat smelly, bare-foot imbeciles arguing over the meaning of a particular word. I left my chair, walked to the bookstore, bought an occult tome and returned to the group.

I opened my occult tome and read, out-loud, the dictionary definition of the word.

I then stood up in front of the gap-jawed adolescents, held up the dictionary and explained pretty much like this:

"Over three thousand years of careful discussion went into the creation of this book so that words would have agreed-upon definitions. To pretend that you are re-defining words on your own in this room by yourselves is not only pointless, it is moronic. Goodbye."

I walked out the door, went to the registrar and arranged a refund of my tuition.

In these forums I too often still see the same nonsense. I do not know if the writers are smelly or barefoot but I do know that determining what the Satanic meaning of a word (such as "death") is requires performing the most occult ritual I am aware of:

READING.

I'm leaving this room now as well.

I don't think I can get a refund though.

#297752 - 01/11/08 09:31 PM Re: Death [Re: Never]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
 Originally Posted By: Never
No, that`s why I said atleast thousand people would by - not a greater amount \:\)

Expect one FAT lawsuit from your clients next of kin...

#297756 - 01/11/08 09:43 PM Re: Death [Re: Stev2]
Faded Offline

In a case of murder I would make sure that they went with me. I have always known that no matter how many I had to face I would not go quietly and I would leave mental and physical scars. My death would make them question thier own mortality.

Truth be told though I don't focus on it so much.

#297818 - 01/12/08 12:11 AM Re: Death [Re: Evil_Eve]
WolfMoon Offline

I think he is referring to Monty Python's Life of Brian.

#297831 - 01/12/08 01:42 AM Re: The most occult practice I know. [Re: Nemo]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
You rock. I chuckled and sort of cringed when I read this, Magister. I've been in those classes and I've noticed it elsewhere. I love the image of you reading from the book.

You probably won't read this but you still rock.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#297838 - 01/12/08 03:34 AM Re: The most occult practice I know. [Re: Shade]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
I could see a scene like that fitting well in a movie. I endured similar nonsense throughout high school, in a rotten class called "creative writing". There was always one project per year that the student would decide on, work on from scratch, and that would be graded several times. The rest of it relied on specific ciriculum, usually never giving the students any credit (and rightfully so perhaps; there were a lot of idiots in that course who took it because "it'll be easy, yo!") and making us write about arbitrary topics, like feel-good films we were forced to watch.

Many of the pseudo-intellects would gather throughout the day and congregate, and some of the things they would discuss, based on no real knowledge at all, would border on asnine. A quick example would be the most pretentious girl I have ever known (to this day I see her around, she still has her nose up in the air for no particular reason...apparently making eight dollars at a video store is all it takes to be truly "elite") and her speech about the Samurai, how they were elite warriors who could fight fifty men at once, etc. Even trying to refute something she said would simply result in more snot-nosed drivel, so it wasn't worth the time it would have taken.

The hopeless romantics were another pain in the ass, soft-spoken gentleman who would write romantic mushy sob stories, sometimes shedding a tear at their own heartfelt grade five writing as they read it aloud. Lesser Magic if I ever saw it though, they swept the girls up like tunafish, and disposed of them just as quickly. No brains, not worth a half a conversation, but there were tons of these types around, and reading Magister Nemo's story made me grin....very nostalgic.

#297897 - 01/12/08 10:01 AM Re: The most occult practice I know. [Re: Nemo]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
Will you marry me?

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#297900 - 01/12/08 11:00 AM Re: The most occult practice I know. [Re: Minus]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
I do believe that you are a bit too negative for Nemo, minus. ;\)

#298522 - 01/15/08 12:10 AM Re: Death [Re: Faded]
Stev2 Offline

I think of a guy with a snarl saying "Live fast, die young." It must awful fun to be you. \:\)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43974 Topics
406003 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements