Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#297777 - 01/11/08 10:23 PM Energy work and mental defects.
Faded Offline

So I meet this guy here at Job Corps. He certainly has the charisma to be one of the most popular men on campus...it all seems so nice until he shows me a tatoo and tells me that he is demon.

By now I am looking at him, his girlfriend and asking myself: Should i have fun with it, should I call him on it, or should I just not comment dispite the fact that it is just too damn funny.

He claims to be a master at energy work and though his presence does give off a strong impression I still cannot stress enough...how many more of these people am I going to meet?

Let me make this clear. Demons are a creation of mankind for the soul purpous of religious control. Dispite the fact that yes it would be interesting to have this kind of power, I have yet to see anyone outside of a dojo or shao lin temple with that kind of power and even then it takes so much effort for such a meaningless life. You may be charismatic, but you are not demon.

Edited by Faded (01/11/08 10:28 PM)

#297852 - 01/12/08 04:58 AM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Faded]
Trau Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
There are some weird folks out there...

I know a kid here who thinks he's a fire elemental. No shit.

There was also a girl here who believed that fairies cuddled with her at night. No shit.

Another kid here claims to be shadow walker. When questioned about the meaning of this, he says he can walk into any temple (of what?) and immediately be the highest ranking and most powerful person present. No shit.

Finally, there's a kid here who believes he's such a powerful Warlock that he can't socialize with others. They are beneath him. No shit.

Now, each of these folks are very easily categorized as geeks, nerds, or whatever. You can tell by just looking at them, and spending a very short time talking with them will reinforce your initial assessment. The bottom line is these kids are mentally deficient, and because they have been forced to the bottom of the social ladder, they compensate with with this crap to somehow, someway gain back some sort of power. In their minds, they're level 52 wizards, or some kind of crap like that...

Just out of curiosity: what types of exhibitions of power have you seen in a dojo or shao lin temple?

"Ha, Ha. I've never seen anyone suck as bad at this as you!" SGT Anderson

"There's no duck! There never HAS been a duck!" Meme

#297881 - 01/12/08 09:18 AM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Trau]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
I spent 3½ year under the tutelage of an authentic Shaolin Monk. There is hardly any physical or mental feat that is beyond them.

#297884 - 01/12/08 09:21 AM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Faded]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
He's an otherkin!

Trau's right that most of these people are geeks or losers who have tried to compensate for being appallingly low on the social ladder by creating a totally separate ladder to dominate in their minds.

Keep an eye on that one. He could become really entertaining.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#297931 - 01/12/08 01:41 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: TrojZyr]
Dead Roses Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
Yeah, I can relate... I've had like ten ''Listen, I'm a werewolf'' confessions in the past six months. What is with these dumbfucks? True, they do all hail from deranged families whith strenous social difficulties, but so do I, and it still doesn't make me consider myself a goddamn pixie

Edited by Dead Roses (01/12/08 01:42 PM)

#297935 - 01/12/08 01:49 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Dead Roses]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Seems like YOU need to start hanging out with better people. ;\)

Relating oneself to a fantasy creature, though borderline psychotic, to me is no worse then the kids who play GTA for ten minutes, then start dressing in all white with baggy pants and calling themselves "Gang-stas!" It is an adolescent fantasy, the only way these individuals are able to reach out and grab any veiled hint of artificial confidence that they can, because they otherwise posess nothing else appealing enough to capitalize on. Whether they are pretending to be a werewolf, a vampire, (Referring to blood drinking idiots, not ToV members.) an elemental, a demon, robocop, whatever it is, they are doing nothing else but making themselves a target for ridicule, and a scapegoat, when they may very well just be innocent little nutcases.

#297937 - 01/12/08 01:57 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: TheDegenerate]
Dead Roses Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
That surely stands true, but these people are like 20 years of age. That's the bizzare part.

#297938 - 01/12/08 02:04 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Dead Roses]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

There are people who are sixty who are colossal idiots as well.

Since most of the population is made up of drooling morons, it doesn't surprise me, nor is it bizarre that they are twenty, or thirty, or fourty, or ninety. Idiots come in all shapes, sizes, genders, and ages.

#297947 - 01/12/08 02:41 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: TheDegenerate]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Idiots come in all ages and sizes, but you have to admit that not even most normal idiots go as far as to believe they're literally werewolves, fairies, magical winged leopards, or demons. Naturally, what makes it worse is that they are all-too-eager to proudly tell everybody and their brother about it, as part of a sad and misguided bid for attention.

Naturally, I'm not going to disparage people who have a natural affinity for or symbolic/archetypal connection with some being or creature. But, there's a huge gap between, "I like X" or "In my wildest dreams, it would be cool to be X," or even pretending to be X in private, and going around announcing, "I'm an X!", or believing you already really are an X, especially when you're the type that can barely manage a shower or cooking an egg.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#297949 - 01/12/08 02:47 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: TrojZyr]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

All to true. It definitely takes a special kind of goof to announce such. I agree with you here.

There are some things people should keep private, and that is probably one of them.

#297991 - 01/12/08 08:43 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Faded]
shadowraven213 Offline

He sounds like someone I could have a lot of fun with.

People who deceive themselves daily and have the ego to match are an abundant source of power, for the person manipulating them.

On the subject of the power of martial artists the only power I have seen displayed is applied psychology and sheer force of will, perhaps thats why many Satanists have an interest in the martial arts, other than the personal protection it offers.

Controlling your own will is one thing but to complete the balance learning how to control others is key.

#297994 - 01/12/08 08:56 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Faded]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
 Quote:
...and tells me that he is demon.

I would tell him that I am a demon as well, and I would invite him to my home to demonstrate some very real “demon work”. When we get there I would then pull out some of my kids Poke’mon cards. "Go Pikachu! Release your electrical wrath!"

Edited by Astratus (01/12/08 08:57 PM)

#298002 - 01/12/08 09:28 PM End of discussion. [Re: Faded]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
I would suggest that if someone begins to make what sounds like psychotic statements that terminates my conversation and presence.

Crazy people exist.

It is wise to avoid them.

#298056 - 01/13/08 06:30 AM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Mr Avarice]
Trau Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Again, I have to ask: what types of feats?

There are some who believe bench pressing 300 pounds is an amazing feat. To others, it is no more than a warm-up. It has to do with perspective.

When stating "there is hardly any physical or mental feat that is beyond them", I have to throw up my bullshit flag. I can think of many, many feats that are surely beyond them. I'm interested in WHAT exactly makes you believe this.

I've seen my share of very impressive folks, but nothing that would cause me to make such a statement. I truly am curious.

"Ha, Ha. I've never seen anyone suck as bad at this as you!" SGT Anderson

"There's no duck! There never HAS been a duck!" Meme

#298108 - 01/13/08 11:08 AM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Trau]
HiddenHorror Offline

Loc: USA
We have a guy who believes that an invisible dragon follows him around protecting him. And it's not just a funny story, he actually cried when the CO told him it didn't exist.

As for the guy being a demon, I'd just reply, "Really? That's nice." And keep my distance. It's those types who end up in the news for eating babies or something.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405808 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements