Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#298113 - 01/13/08 11:18 AM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Trau]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
I was talking about the world of Martial arts. What strikes me as impressing with them is the power they can summon up through concentration. What feats were you thinking about?

Before we go further, please watch this and this.

#298221 - 01/13/08 08:39 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Mr Avarice]
CatlikeJoe Offline

Loc: Dominican Republic
 Originally Posted By: The Black Waltz
Before we go further, please watch this and this.

This is also interesting.

Note that splitting a brick has a trick to it. Before hitting it down you are supposed to lift it slightly over a hard edge. You hit the brick, and it starts moving down towards the hard edge. The hard edge (or just edge of whatever the brick is on) serves as a tool just as a hammer would.

Most people should be able to split a brick with a hammer. Imagine using a stationary hammer to smash a brick.

Now imagine the brick and the hammer only half an inch apart. Gain enough momentum with your arm, transfer the energy to the brick (ouch?), and voila!

I'm not saying anyone can do it, it needs strength and skill. just as ripping a thick soft cover book apart.

Now ends my boring rant on brick physics :P

#298240 - 01/13/08 09:55 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Faded]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

You're there to learn and get money right? That should be your main concern.

Obviously the guy is mentally ill. If he wants to be a "demon" then let him be one.

Stay away from him and Get Money!

#298256 - 01/13/08 10:52 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: CatlikeJoe]
Mr Avarice Offline

Thanks for the link, it was way better than both of mine and even had Swedish subtitles. ;\)

However, the edge is more akin to an wedge than a hammer. If a pick up and smash a hammer into a brick on the pavement then all of the kinetic energy goes into an area about one inch wide. That young apprentice you saw there broke them in twain, rather than crushing them.

And PLEASE change your avatar (clever as it may be), it hurts my eyes!

#298275 - 01/14/08 12:38 AM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Mr Avarice]
Trau Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Believe it or not, I can't see YouTube here.

However, your statement clarified what you meant - no bullshit flag necessary. Sometimes you run across folks who think Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon required no special effects. This link is a spoof, but not too far off the mark for some folks: http://www.realultimatepower.net

"Ha, Ha. I've never seen anyone suck as bad at this as you!" SGT Anderson

"There's no duck! There never HAS been a duck!" Meme

#298348 - 01/14/08 11:21 AM Ninja magic... [Re: Trau]
Mr Avarice Offline

Good, I am glad that we agree. Some martial artists do believe that it's possible to summon up some mysterious force just by paying the fee and show up for class. Ninja lovers are an excellent example of this.
Some schools even teach their student Kuji kiri as part of the self-defence classes. These are fortunately VERY rare.

#298370 - 01/14/08 12:05 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Never Offline

Loc: Skien, Norway
In Norway, our princess started a school last year for people that want to communicate with angeles.

We have a winner?

#298377 - 01/14/08 12:22 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
John.Doe Offline

Loc: Germany
 Originally Posted By: The Black Waltz
Some martial artists do believe that it's possible to summon up some mysterious force just by paying the fee and show up for class. Ninja lovers are an excellent example of this.

There is a lot of BS out there regarding Ninjutsu. I personally experienced people who are capable of becoming invisible in a fight (during training lessons). The effect is devastating.

I'm still not sure if this was Lesser or Greater Magic. However, I continue my training to find out, and I'm very careful not to jump to conclusions too early. Just as with other forms of Magic ;\)

#298380 - 01/14/08 12:26 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: John.Doe]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
 Originally Posted By: John.Doe
I personally experienced people who are capable of becoming invisible in a fight (during training lessons). The effect is devastating.

Did his shadow remain when he disappeared?

#298390 - 01/14/08 12:47 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: John.Doe]
Mr Avarice Offline

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Are you being Sarcastic or not?
I find it hard to believe that someone can actually bend light around their body when in the middle of a fight. Or Shadows for that matter... ;\)

#298396 - 01/14/08 01:00 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
I too find it extremely hard to believe that someone could make themselves invisible, but then John Doe says he's seen it and I haven't - so in a battle of evidence he one ups me. I'll believe it when I see it.

I will chime in with all the others who have said when someone comes out with someone so lunatic: smile, nod, get the fuck out of there.

Edited by Scion (01/14/08 01:00 PM)

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#298401 - 01/14/08 01:13 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Scion]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Scion
I too find it extremely hard to believe that someone could make themselves invisible,

Not that this refers to the discussion at hand but it is "extremely" possible for one to become invisible.

Dr. LaVey explained in full detail how to apply "The Art Of Invisibility" in his book Satan Speaks.

#298403 - 01/14/08 01:25 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Faded]
ledbymusic Offline

Loc: SoCal
In my experience when meeting people like that I have to walk away. I am the type of person that has to control what he says, I am getting better at it, because I tend to get myself in trouble. Mostly because I say exactly what I am thinking.

There are times that you have to be weary of what you say. I have found that out the hard way. For me I would say something to this person that would probably cause a lot of problems.

Most importantly, ignore people like this. They only want the attention that they can't get elsewhere. Why help them build their ego by acknowledging them and worry about your own.

#298407 - 01/14/08 01:43 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Callier]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
 Originally Posted By: Callier
 Originally Posted By: Scion
I too find it extremely hard to believe that someone could make themselves invisible,

Not that this refers to the discussion at hand but it is "extremely" possible for one to become invisible.

Dr. LaVey explained in full detail how to apply "The Art Of Invisibility" in his book Satan Speaks.

Which I have read - there's invisible and there's invisible. There's a distinct difference to someone acting/carrying themselves in way which makes them appear below the radar or unremarkable, and to making themselves transparent to light and consequently impossible to see with the naked eye in a way that defies conventional physics. Are you saying that Lavey was referring to the latter type of invisibility as it seemed to me when I read that chapter he was referring to the former.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#298408 - 01/14/08 01:46 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Scion]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Who said anything about bending light or transparency?

Lordy, you kids today always want to do everything the hard way.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406035 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements