Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#298412 - 01/14/08 01:51 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: reprobate]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
 Originally Posted By: reprobate
Who said anything about bending light or transparency?

Lordy, you kids today always want to do everything the hard way.

I wasn't the one who mentioned bending light initially, I just said that I didn't believe it could be done by a person. I can think of plenty of easier ways to make oneself invisible, primarily in the ways described in Satan Speaks. Surely I don't have to qualify this any further?

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#298416 - 01/14/08 02:06 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: reprobate]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
 Originally Posted By: reprobate
Who said anything about bending light or transparency?

Lordy, you kids today always want to do everything the hard way.

My bad: Ninjas usually disappear with a blinding flash and a puff of smoke...

#298428 - 01/14/08 03:02 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Scion]
Mr Avarice Offline

Originally Posted By: Scion
 Originally Posted By: Callier
 Originally Posted By: Scion
I too find it extremely hard to believe that someone could make themselves invisible,

Not that this refers to the discussion at hand but it is "extremely" possible for one to become invisible.

Dr. LaVey explained in full detail how to apply "The Art Of Invisibility" in his book Satan Speaks.

Which I have read - there's invisible and there's invisible. There's a distinct difference to someone acting/carrying themselves in way which makes them appear below the radar or unremarkable, and to making themselves transparent to light and consequently impossible to see with the naked eye in a way that defies conventional physics. Are you saying that Lavey was referring to the latter type of invisibility as it seemed to me when I read that chapter he was referring to the former.

Exactly my point. I'm with the articulate English party-animal on this one. 100%.
Some schools of Ninjitsu DOES teach a similar kind of invisibility as described above (the non light bending one).

Edited by The Black Waltz (01/14/08 03:03 PM)

#298430 - 01/14/08 03:14 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Lexifer Offline

I would have told that guy i was a tall elf and that i was a grand master of the stuttering Dragon fighting style and can only talk to any person once in my life time.

Frootloop...

This guy = "So I meet this guy here at Job Corps."

Edited by Lexifer (01/14/08 04:18 PM)

#298432 - 01/14/08 03:31 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Lexifer]
Mr Avarice Offline

Originally Posted By: Lexifer
I would have told that guy i was a tall elf and that i was a grand master of the stuttering Dragon fighting style and can only talk to any person once in my life time.

Frootloop...

Which guy?

#298435 - 01/14/08 03:40 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: reprobate]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

;\)

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#298437 - 01/14/08 03:41 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Old_Pig]
John.Doe Offline

Loc: Germany
 Originally Posted By: Tha_Pig
Did his shadow remain when he disappeared?

I'd love to be able to tell you, but I can't. The effect of an opponent disappearing in the middle of the fight IS devastating. You usually hit the ground in pain while you are still searching for the other guy...

#298440 - 01/14/08 03:48 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
John.Doe Offline

Loc: Germany
 Originally Posted By: The Black Waltz
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Are you being Sarcastic or not?
I find it hard to believe that someone can actually bend light around their body when in the middle of a fight. Or Shadows for that matter... ;\)

I am not sarcastic at all. I see it as another form to use Magic.

#298442 - 01/14/08 03:49 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Phineas]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
 Originally Posted By: Phineas
;\)

[teacher]If you think something is amusing Mr Phineas then would you care to share it with the rest of the class?[/teacher]

;\)

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#298449 - 01/14/08 04:08 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: John.Doe]
Mr Avarice Offline

OK. But why not use a fire/thunder/earth/grass skill instead? Would make the battle far easier in the long run...

#298450 - 01/14/08 04:13 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Scion]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Member Reprobate has hit the nail on the proverbial head (second sentence in his post). ;\)

Most here will not get it.

The best kept secrets are often hidden in plain view.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#298514 - 01/14/08 10:17 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Mr Avarice]
CatlikeJoe Offline

Loc: Dominican Republic
 Originally Posted By: The Black Waltz
And PLEASE change your avatar ... it hurts my eyes!

Lucky you haven't seen my past avatar.

I was meaning to change the one I had, it was supposed to be temporary until I found something interesting... Hail my notorious painting of a can of Tang! (eat your heart out Campbell’s)

#298523 - 01/15/08 12:33 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: John.Doe]
Trau Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
I'm sorry, but up goes my bullshit flag again.

Invisibility. Come on. If you're telling me that you were training (I'm assuming you don't find yourself fighting Ninjas while you're out strolling), and your opponent struck you and moved, thereby giving YOU the impression that he is invisible, then I believe that. However, if you're telling me that a third person observing the fight would also not be able to see the ninja, then my bullshit flag must remain hoisted.

I'll give you an example of when I personally witnessed my opponent becoming invisible: I was a young recruit in basic training, and was preparing to face my opponent in a pugil stick match. I looked across the bridge at my opponent and figured I could take him. I won my last match. The loser of this match would find himself in the water, and I wasn't particularly eager for a bath.

Now, for those who are unfamiliar with pugil sticks, I'll explain a bit. You wear a football helmet and a pair of heavy padded gloves. You're given a long stick with thick, round pads at each end. The stick isn't particularly heavy, but it gets that way pretty quick. You attack your opponent using techniques you learned during your bayonet training, and attempt to slash, parry, thrust, smash, etc. Truthfully, the match always degrades to a slug-fest, with each opponent simply clobbering the other. I was pretty good at that.

Anyhow, my match went something like this: Cocky little me walks out onto the bridge with a bit of a smile on my face. I was going to enjoy this. My opponent walks out to meet me, and he looks intense - he's breathing heavily through his nose, and I think I even heard him growling. I almost laughed; I thought he was a bit TOO intense. What I wouldn't give to go back and re-evaluate that assessment! When the drill instructor blew the whistle, he struck first. I felt a blow to the head, and suddenly he's gone! The bridge was only a few feet wide, so he couldn't have gone anywhere, yet he was gone. I'm still crouched in my fighting stance, trying to make sense of what just happened, when I feel repeated attacks from the rear. The next thing I know, I'm tumbling into the water.

So what happened? It appeared this guy became invisible, and somehow snuck around behind me! In truth, nothing of the sort happened. He hit me so freaking hard with his first strike, that he spun me around (something about where the head goes, the body will follow...). I was so stunned, that I didn't even realize I was facing away from him. I learned a lesson that day, and it had nothing to do with invisibility - it had to do with preparation!

Ninja vanish? I don't think so. Quicker than you? More probable.

"Ha, Ha. I've never seen anyone suck as bad at this as you!" SGT Anderson

"There's no duck! There never HAS been a duck!" Meme

#298539 - 01/15/08 02:30 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Trau]
Mr. Luthor Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ohio
I always preferred the straight thrust. It was quick, simple, and fast; it worked nearly every time.

Semper Fi.
Hail Satan!

-Mr. Luthor

#298553 - 01/15/08 05:10 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: John.Doe]
Max Faust Offline
Banned

Loc: Ultima Thule
 Originally Posted By: John.Doe
You usually hit the ground in pain while you are still searching for the other guy...

If all these Shaolin Masters and Ninja Mystics are so freaking good, how come they aren't ever entering any K-1 or UFC events? How come all you get is a show? Could it be that they lose their "powers" when they are in a controlled and limited environment such as the ring or the cage?

THINK fer fuck's sake... Do you REALLY believe that David Copperfield walked straight through the Chinese Wall?

My 1000$ bet would be on Fedor Emilianenko any day...

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406035 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements