Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#298714 - 01/15/08 06:59 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Drock]
Drock Offline

Here is an excellent example of someone who took the boasting of there abilities a bit too far and it cost them (the man in black is a kiai "master" meaning he uses "energy" to fight, the other is a MMA fighter. The kiai "master" offered a $5000 challenge to any mma fighter)

Edited by Drock (01/15/08 07:02 PM)

#298717 - 01/15/08 07:32 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Drock]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
There is a fitting Japanese word for guys like that: Ahou (Complete idiot).
Kiai was designed to SCARE opponents with laud shouts and subtle movements. A crude form of lesser magic, designed for setting an up an attack. This "master's" ego will never recover from that...

Thanks for the link, now I know how I will pay for my studies in Japan! ;\)

#298721 - 01/15/08 08:00 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
If you are interested in practical martial arts, stripped of all the spiritual hocus pocus I recommend you to read Fang and Claw by Colonel Akula.

#298722 - 01/15/08 08:05 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Old_Pig]
Mr Avarice Offline

I am quite happy with my Krav Maga training for now. But thank you.

#298735 - 01/15/08 09:59 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Trau]
Faded Offline

Though he has never shown me any reason to believe that he is anything other than an average human, I have grown used to being around these people. It almost seemed a shame to shoot him down, but in the end, he wasn't the first or the worse. In fact, I seem to remember an indavidual that claimed to be a son of Aphrodite...though this is amusing at times, I still cannot tolerate them for long.

I myself have seen many strange things in my life. 99% of them are easily esplainable through thoughts of fatige and simple illusions due to lack of mental strength from exaustion.

The only thing I have never been able to logically explain in my own life was a dream that physically felt real and left me weak.

Personally I feel that any "magick" as it were that is even close to possible is just a simple show of mental strength, even a scientist can tell you that things like telekenesis have been studied for years, but turning ones self into a demon is simply impossable. He-they are just deranged.

#298736 - 01/15/08 10:00 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Delaware
I am to begin Krav Maga. I little intimidated but very excited. I have been researching various places, instructors and programs and have found one I am confident in and with an instructor who works with tristate SWAT and Tactical Units as well as The U.S. Rangers and U.S. Marshals. I wanted to make sure it was a strictly Kav Maga program and not a MMa mix. nothing against the MMA but. This is what I wanted.

Edited by Innominandum (01/15/08 10:01 PM)

#298779 - 01/16/08 12:06 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: John.Doe]
Trau Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
"Ok, you think there is a difference in words describing the situation. But what's the difference in the effect?"

There is an enormous difference. Words have meanings, and you used the word invisibility. If you're using the word 'invisibility' to describe speed, agility, and skill, then you are using the word incorrectly.

The effect is very different. Go back and read the entire post - I believe there was something there referring to the perception of a third person. THAT is the key to invisibility.

In the example I gave of myself, I was the only person who could not see my opponent. Therefore, he wasn't invisible. To imply that not looking at someone makes them invisible is silly. Attaching supernatural or mystical signifigance to a very mundane occurance is where the break between reality and fantasy occurs.

"Ha, Ha. I've never seen anyone suck as bad at this as you!" SGT Anderson

"There's no duck! There never HAS been a duck!" Meme

#298786 - 01/16/08 12:16 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Trau]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
 Quote:
To imply that not looking at someone makes them invisible is silly.

Please, drop the Grammar Cop routine, and go (re-)read Anton LaVey's words on this subject.

"Invisible" means "unable to be seen".

The word doesn't specify person: if YOU are unable to see something, then it is invisible TO YOU.

Something that goes unnoticed goes unseen.

Something (or someone) that hides outside of your field of vision, or that creeps in your peripheral, is similarly unseen.

The secret to invisibility lies precisely in being where you will not be seen or noticed.

That is all there is to say on this subject in the public forums. It's a topic more fit for Downstairs.

#298791 - 01/16/08 12:36 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: reprobate]
Trau Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
That would be great if that was the context in which the word was originally used in this post. However, it was not. The context of the string was regarding folks who don't have a firm grasp on reality. When the inivisibility topic came up, it was followed by the confusion as to whether it was due to lesser or greater magic. It was clearly not in the context of the types of invisibility you list.

I'm more than familiar with other uses of invisibility, camouflage, and stealth. Thank you for reminding me.

"Ha, Ha. I've never seen anyone suck as bad at this as you!" SGT Anderson

"There's no duck! There never HAS been a duck!" Meme

#298809 - 01/16/08 02:28 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I train in Krav Maga as well and if you are going to skip Fang and Claw written by Reverend Akula, you are missing out on some very useful information.

Don't be so foolish to ignore Reverend Akula's work.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#298810 - 01/16/08 02:53 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
You should look into Reverend Akula's and Magister Svengali's written material on self-defense and martial arts. You would be either impressed or shocked.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#298811 - 01/16/08 03:02 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Discipline]
Mr Avarice Offline

I have had a few bad incidents with martial arts literature before. But if you all insist on that it is that good, then I will indeed check it out.

#298812 - 01/16/08 03:03 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Discipline]
Mr Avarice Offline

Originally Posted By: Discipline
You should look into Reverend Akula's and Magister Svengali's written material on self-defense and martial arts. You would be either impressed or shocked.

Will do. There is no knowledge that is not power.

#298837 - 01/16/08 07:17 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
 Originally Posted By: The Black Waltz
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Really?

Hurries off to order the entire backcatalogue of the Church of Scientology

Edited by Scion (01/16/08 07:18 AM)

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#298846 - 01/16/08 08:53 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Scion]
Mr Avarice Offline

...Which contain all the counter arguments you shall ever need when they start preaching.
Make them berks weep, Cutter! ;\)

Edited by The Black Waltz (01/16/08 08:53 AM)

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406033 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements