Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#297777 - 01/11/08 10:23 PM Energy work and mental defects.
Faded Offline

So I meet this guy here at Job Corps. He certainly has the charisma to be one of the most popular men on campus...it all seems so nice until he shows me a tatoo and tells me that he is demon.

By now I am looking at him, his girlfriend and asking myself: Should i have fun with it, should I call him on it, or should I just not comment dispite the fact that it is just too damn funny.

He claims to be a master at energy work and though his presence does give off a strong impression I still cannot stress enough...how many more of these people am I going to meet?

Let me make this clear. Demons are a creation of mankind for the soul purpous of religious control. Dispite the fact that yes it would be interesting to have this kind of power, I have yet to see anyone outside of a dojo or shao lin temple with that kind of power and even then it takes so much effort for such a meaningless life. You may be charismatic, but you are not demon.

Edited by Faded (01/11/08 10:28 PM)

#297852 - 01/12/08 04:58 AM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Faded]
Trau Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
There are some weird folks out there...

I know a kid here who thinks he's a fire elemental. No shit.

There was also a girl here who believed that fairies cuddled with her at night. No shit.

Another kid here claims to be shadow walker. When questioned about the meaning of this, he says he can walk into any temple (of what?) and immediately be the highest ranking and most powerful person present. No shit.

Finally, there's a kid here who believes he's such a powerful Warlock that he can't socialize with others. They are beneath him. No shit.

Now, each of these folks are very easily categorized as geeks, nerds, or whatever. You can tell by just looking at them, and spending a very short time talking with them will reinforce your initial assessment. The bottom line is these kids are mentally deficient, and because they have been forced to the bottom of the social ladder, they compensate with with this crap to somehow, someway gain back some sort of power. In their minds, they're level 52 wizards, or some kind of crap like that...

Just out of curiosity: what types of exhibitions of power have you seen in a dojo or shao lin temple?

"Ha, Ha. I've never seen anyone suck as bad at this as you!" SGT Anderson

"There's no duck! There never HAS been a duck!" Meme

#297881 - 01/12/08 09:18 AM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Trau]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
I spent 3½ year under the tutelage of an authentic Shaolin Monk. There is hardly any physical or mental feat that is beyond them.

#297884 - 01/12/08 09:21 AM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Faded]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
He's an otherkin!

Trau's right that most of these people are geeks or losers who have tried to compensate for being appallingly low on the social ladder by creating a totally separate ladder to dominate in their minds.

Keep an eye on that one. He could become really entertaining.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#297931 - 01/12/08 01:41 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: TrojZyr]
Dead Roses Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
Yeah, I can relate... I've had like ten ''Listen, I'm a werewolf'' confessions in the past six months. What is with these dumbfucks? True, they do all hail from deranged families whith strenous social difficulties, but so do I, and it still doesn't make me consider myself a goddamn pixie

Edited by Dead Roses (01/12/08 01:42 PM)

#297935 - 01/12/08 01:49 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Dead Roses]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Seems like YOU need to start hanging out with better people. ;\)

Relating oneself to a fantasy creature, though borderline psychotic, to me is no worse then the kids who play GTA for ten minutes, then start dressing in all white with baggy pants and calling themselves "Gang-stas!" It is an adolescent fantasy, the only way these individuals are able to reach out and grab any veiled hint of artificial confidence that they can, because they otherwise posess nothing else appealing enough to capitalize on. Whether they are pretending to be a werewolf, a vampire, (Referring to blood drinking idiots, not ToV members.) an elemental, a demon, robocop, whatever it is, they are doing nothing else but making themselves a target for ridicule, and a scapegoat, when they may very well just be innocent little nutcases.

#297937 - 01/12/08 01:57 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: TheDegenerate]
Dead Roses Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
That surely stands true, but these people are like 20 years of age. That's the bizzare part.

#297938 - 01/12/08 02:04 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Dead Roses]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

There are people who are sixty who are colossal idiots as well.

Since most of the population is made up of drooling morons, it doesn't surprise me, nor is it bizarre that they are twenty, or thirty, or fourty, or ninety. Idiots come in all shapes, sizes, genders, and ages.

#297947 - 01/12/08 02:41 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: TheDegenerate]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Idiots come in all ages and sizes, but you have to admit that not even most normal idiots go as far as to believe they're literally werewolves, fairies, magical winged leopards, or demons. Naturally, what makes it worse is that they are all-too-eager to proudly tell everybody and their brother about it, as part of a sad and misguided bid for attention.

Naturally, I'm not going to disparage people who have a natural affinity for or symbolic/archetypal connection with some being or creature. But, there's a huge gap between, "I like X" or "In my wildest dreams, it would be cool to be X," or even pretending to be X in private, and going around announcing, "I'm an X!", or believing you already really are an X, especially when you're the type that can barely manage a shower or cooking an egg.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#297949 - 01/12/08 02:47 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: TrojZyr]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

All to true. It definitely takes a special kind of goof to announce such. I agree with you here.

There are some things people should keep private, and that is probably one of them.

#297991 - 01/12/08 08:43 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Faded]
shadowraven213 Offline

He sounds like someone I could have a lot of fun with.

People who deceive themselves daily and have the ego to match are an abundant source of power, for the person manipulating them.

On the subject of the power of martial artists the only power I have seen displayed is applied psychology and sheer force of will, perhaps thats why many Satanists have an interest in the martial arts, other than the personal protection it offers.

Controlling your own will is one thing but to complete the balance learning how to control others is key.

#297994 - 01/12/08 08:56 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Faded]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
 Quote:
...and tells me that he is demon.

I would tell him that I am a demon as well, and I would invite him to my home to demonstrate some very real “demon work”. When we get there I would then pull out some of my kids Poke’mon cards. "Go Pikachu! Release your electrical wrath!"

Edited by Astratus (01/12/08 08:57 PM)

#298002 - 01/12/08 09:28 PM End of discussion. [Re: Faded]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
I would suggest that if someone begins to make what sounds like psychotic statements that terminates my conversation and presence.

Crazy people exist.

It is wise to avoid them.

#298056 - 01/13/08 06:30 AM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Mr Avarice]
Trau Offline

CoS Member

Again, I have to ask: what types of feats?

There are some who believe bench pressing 300 pounds is an amazing feat. To others, it is no more than a warm-up. It has to do with perspective.

When stating "there is hardly any physical or mental feat that is beyond them", I have to throw up my bullshit flag. I can think of many, many feats that are surely beyond them. I'm interested in WHAT exactly makes you believe this.

I've seen my share of very impressive folks, but nothing that would cause me to make such a statement. I truly am curious.

#298108 - 01/13/08 11:08 AM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Trau]
HiddenHorror Offline

We have a guy who believes that an invisible dragon follows him around protecting him. And it's not just a funny story, he actually cried when the CO told him it didn't exist.

As for the guy being a demon, I'd just reply, "Really? That's nice." And keep my distance. It's those types who end up in the news for eating babies or something.

#298113 - 01/13/08 11:18 AM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Trau]
Mr Avarice Offline

I was talking about the world of Martial arts. What strikes me as impressing with them is the power they can summon up through concentration. What feats were you thinking about?

Before we go further, please watch this and this.

#298221 - 01/13/08 08:39 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Mr Avarice]
CatlikeJoe Offline

Loc: Dominican Republic
 Originally Posted By: The Black Waltz
Before we go further, please watch this and this.

This is also interesting.

Note that splitting a brick has a trick to it. Before hitting it down you are supposed to lift it slightly over a hard edge. You hit the brick, and it starts moving down towards the hard edge. The hard edge (or just edge of whatever the brick is on) serves as a tool just as a hammer would.

Most people should be able to split a brick with a hammer. Imagine using a stationary hammer to smash a brick.

Now imagine the brick and the hammer only half an inch apart. Gain enough momentum with your arm, transfer the energy to the brick (ouch?), and voila!

I'm not saying anyone can do it, it needs strength and skill. just as ripping a thick soft cover book apart.

Now ends my boring rant on brick physics :P

#298240 - 01/13/08 09:55 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Faded]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

You're there to learn and get money right? That should be your main concern.

Obviously the guy is mentally ill. If he wants to be a "demon" then let him be one.

Stay away from him and Get Money!

#298256 - 01/13/08 10:52 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: CatlikeJoe]
Mr Avarice Offline

Thanks for the link, it was way better than both of mine and even had Swedish subtitles. ;\)

However, the edge is more akin to an wedge than a hammer. If a pick up and smash a hammer into a brick on the pavement then all of the kinetic energy goes into an area about one inch wide. That young apprentice you saw there broke them in twain, rather than crushing them.

And PLEASE change your avatar (clever as it may be), it hurts my eyes!

#298275 - 01/14/08 12:38 AM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Mr Avarice]
Trau Offline

CoS Member

Believe it or not, I can't see YouTube here.

However, your statement clarified what you meant - no bullshit flag necessary. Sometimes you run across folks who think Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon required no special effects. This link is a spoof, but not too far off the mark for some folks: http://www.realultimatepower.net

#298348 - 01/14/08 11:21 AM Ninja magic... [Re: Trau]
Mr Avarice Offline

Good, I am glad that we agree. Some martial artists do believe that it's possible to summon up some mysterious force just by paying the fee and show up for class. Ninja lovers are an excellent example of this.
Some schools even teach their student Kuji kiri as part of the self-defence classes. These are fortunately VERY rare.

#298370 - 01/14/08 12:05 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Never Offline

Loc: Skien, Norway
In Norway, our princess started a school last year for people that want to communicate with angeles.

We have a winner?

#298377 - 01/14/08 12:22 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
John.Doe Offline

Loc: Germany
Some martial artists do believe that it's possible to summon up some mysterious force just by paying the fee and show up for class. Ninja lovers are an excellent example of this.

There is a lot of BS out there regarding Ninjutsu. I personally experienced people who are capable of becoming invisible in a fight (during training lessons). The effect is devastating.

I'm still not sure if this was Lesser or Greater Magic. However, I continue my training to find out, and I'm very careful not to jump to conclusions too early. Just as with other forms of Magic ;\)

#298380 - 01/14/08 12:26 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: John.Doe]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
 Originally Posted By: John.Doe
I personally experienced people who are capable of becoming invisible in a fight (during training lessons). The effect is devastating.

Did his shadow remain when he disappeared?

#298390 - 01/14/08 12:47 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: John.Doe]
Mr Avarice Offline

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Are you being Sarcastic or not?
I find it hard to believe that someone can actually bend light around their body when in the middle of a fight. Or Shadows for that matter... ;\)

#298396 - 01/14/08 01:00 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
I too find it extremely hard to believe that someone could make themselves invisible, but then John Doe says he's seen it and I haven't - so in a battle of evidence he one ups me. I'll believe it when I see it.

I will chime in with all the others who have said when someone comes out with someone so lunatic: smile, nod, get the fuck out of there.

Edited by Scion (01/14/08 01:00 PM)

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#298401 - 01/14/08 01:13 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Scion]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Scion
I too find it extremely hard to believe that someone could make themselves invisible,

Not that this refers to the discussion at hand but it is "extremely" possible for one to become invisible.

Dr. LaVey explained in full detail how to apply "The Art Of Invisibility" in his book Satan Speaks.

#298403 - 01/14/08 01:25 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Faded]
ledbymusic Offline

Loc: SoCal
In my experience when meeting people like that I have to walk away. I am the type of person that has to control what he says, I am getting better at it, because I tend to get myself in trouble. Mostly because I say exactly what I am thinking.

There are times that you have to be weary of what you say. I have found that out the hard way. For me I would say something to this person that would probably cause a lot of problems.

Most importantly, ignore people like this. They only want the attention that they can't get elsewhere. Why help them build their ego by acknowledging them and worry about your own.

#298407 - 01/14/08 01:43 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Callier]
Scion Offline

Originally Posted By: Callier
I too find it extremely hard to believe that someone could make themselves invisible,

Not that this refers to the discussion at hand but it is "extremely" possible for one to become invisible.

Dr. LaVey explained in full detail how to apply "The Art Of Invisibility" in his book Satan Speaks.

Which I have read - there's invisible and there's invisible. There's a distinct difference to someone acting/carrying themselves in way which makes them appear below the radar or unremarkable, and to making themselves transparent to light and consequently impossible to see with the naked eye in a way that defies conventional physics. Are you saying that Lavey was referring to the latter type of invisibility as it seemed to me when I read that chapter he was referring to the former.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

#298408 - 01/14/08 01:46 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Scion]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Who said anything about bending light or transparency?

Lordy, you kids today always want to do everything the hard way.

#298412 - 01/14/08 01:51 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: reprobate]
Scion Offline

Originally Posted By: reprobate

I wasn't the one who mentioned bending light initially, I just said that I didn't believe it could be done by a person. I can think of plenty of easier ways to make oneself invisible, primarily in the ways described in Satan Speaks. Surely I don't have to qualify this any further?

#298416 - 01/14/08 02:06 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: reprobate]
Mr Avarice Offline

Originally Posted By: reprobate

My bad: Ninjas usually disappear with a blinding flash and a puff of smoke...

#298428 - 01/14/08 03:02 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Scion]
Mr Avarice Offline

Originally Posted By: Callier

Which I have read - there's invisible and there's invisible. There's a distinct difference to someone acting/carrying themselves in way which makes them appear below the radar or unremarkable, and to making themselves transparent to light and consequently impossible to see with the naked eye in a way that defies conventional physics. Are you saying that Lavey was referring to the latter type of invisibility as it seemed to me when I read that chapter he was referring to the former.

Exactly my point. I'm with the articulate English party-animal on this one. 100%.
Some schools of Ninjitsu DOES teach a similar kind of invisibility as described above (the non light bending one).

Edited by The Black Waltz (01/14/08 03:03 PM)

#298430 - 01/14/08 03:14 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Lexifer Offline

I would have told that guy i was a tall elf and that i was a grand master of the stuttering Dragon fighting style and can only talk to any person once in my life time.

Frootloop...

This guy = "So I meet this guy here at Job Corps."

Edited by Lexifer (01/14/08 04:18 PM)

#298432 - 01/14/08 03:31 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Lexifer]
Mr Avarice Offline

Originally Posted By: Lexifer
I would have told that guy i was a tall elf and that i was a grand master of the stuttering Dragon fighting style and can only talk to any person once in my life time.

Frootloop...

Which guy?

#298435 - 01/14/08 03:40 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: reprobate]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

;\)

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#298437 - 01/14/08 03:41 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Old_Pig]
John.Doe Offline

Originally Posted By: Tha_Pig
Did his shadow remain when he disappeared?

I'd love to be able to tell you, but I can't. The effect of an opponent disappearing in the middle of the fight IS devastating. You usually hit the ground in pain while you are still searching for the other guy...

#298440 - 01/14/08 03:48 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
John.Doe Offline

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Are you being Sarcastic or not?
I find it hard to believe that someone can actually bend light around their body when in the middle of a fight. Or Shadows for that matter... ;\)

I am not sarcastic at all. I see it as another form to use Magic.

#298442 - 01/14/08 03:49 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Phineas]
Scion Offline

Originally Posted By: Phineas
;\)

[teacher]If you think something is amusing Mr Phineas then would you care to share it with the rest of the class?[/teacher]

;\)

#298449 - 01/14/08 04:08 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: John.Doe]
Mr Avarice Offline

OK. But why not use a fire/thunder/earth/grass skill instead? Would make the battle far easier in the long run...

#298450 - 01/14/08 04:13 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Scion]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Member Reprobate has hit the nail on the proverbial head (second sentence in his post). ;\)

Most here will not get it.

The best kept secrets are often hidden in plain view.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#298514 - 01/14/08 10:17 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Mr Avarice]
CatlikeJoe Offline

And PLEASE change your avatar ... it hurts my eyes!

Lucky you haven't seen my past avatar.

I was meaning to change the one I had, it was supposed to be temporary until I found something interesting... Hail my notorious painting of a can of Tang! (eat your heart out Campbell’s)

#298523 - 01/15/08 12:33 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: John.Doe]
Trau Offline

CoS Member

I'm sorry, but up goes my bullshit flag again.

Invisibility. Come on. If you're telling me that you were training (I'm assuming you don't find yourself fighting Ninjas while you're out strolling), and your opponent struck you and moved, thereby giving YOU the impression that he is invisible, then I believe that. However, if you're telling me that a third person observing the fight would also not be able to see the ninja, then my bullshit flag must remain hoisted.

I'll give you an example of when I personally witnessed my opponent becoming invisible: I was a young recruit in basic training, and was preparing to face my opponent in a pugil stick match. I looked across the bridge at my opponent and figured I could take him. I won my last match. The loser of this match would find himself in the water, and I wasn't particularly eager for a bath.

Now, for those who are unfamiliar with pugil sticks, I'll explain a bit. You wear a football helmet and a pair of heavy padded gloves. You're given a long stick with thick, round pads at each end. The stick isn't particularly heavy, but it gets that way pretty quick. You attack your opponent using techniques you learned during your bayonet training, and attempt to slash, parry, thrust, smash, etc. Truthfully, the match always degrades to a slug-fest, with each opponent simply clobbering the other. I was pretty good at that.

Anyhow, my match went something like this: Cocky little me walks out onto the bridge with a bit of a smile on my face. I was going to enjoy this. My opponent walks out to meet me, and he looks intense - he's breathing heavily through his nose, and I think I even heard him growling. I almost laughed; I thought he was a bit TOO intense. What I wouldn't give to go back and re-evaluate that assessment! When the drill instructor blew the whistle, he struck first. I felt a blow to the head, and suddenly he's gone! The bridge was only a few feet wide, so he couldn't have gone anywhere, yet he was gone. I'm still crouched in my fighting stance, trying to make sense of what just happened, when I feel repeated attacks from the rear. The next thing I know, I'm tumbling into the water.

So what happened? It appeared this guy became invisible, and somehow snuck around behind me! In truth, nothing of the sort happened. He hit me so freaking hard with his first strike, that he spun me around (something about where the head goes, the body will follow...). I was so stunned, that I didn't even realize I was facing away from him. I learned a lesson that day, and it had nothing to do with invisibility - it had to do with preparation!

Ninja vanish? I don't think so. Quicker than you? More probable.

#298539 - 01/15/08 02:30 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Trau]
Mr. Luthor Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ohio
I always preferred the straight thrust. It was quick, simple, and fast; it worked nearly every time.

Semper Fi.
Hail Satan!

-Mr. Luthor

#298553 - 01/15/08 05:10 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: John.Doe]
Max Faust Offline
Banned

Loc: Ultima Thule
You usually hit the ground in pain while you are still searching for the other guy...

If all these Shaolin Masters and Ninja Mystics are so freaking good, how come they aren't ever entering any K-1 or UFC events? How come all you get is a show? Could it be that they lose their "powers" when they are in a controlled and limited environment such as the ring or the cage?

THINK fer fuck's sake... Do you REALLY believe that David Copperfield walked straight through the Chinese Wall?

My 1000$ bet would be on Fedor Emilianenko any day...

#298562 - 01/15/08 06:27 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Max Faust]
Mr Avarice Offline

I can only answer for the Shaolins, since Ninjas are impossible to contact. ;\)
They don't lose their "Powers" in the ring. But they are monks and not sportsmen, so you won't find them there to often.

It would not hurt you to think either:

These Monks start practicing very early in life, a lot of them younger then 10 years of age.
Then they practice for 2920 hours a year.
Every year.
They earn their strength accordingly.

Don't compare them to stage magicians.

Edited by The Black Waltz (01/15/08 06:37 AM)

#298563 - 01/15/08 07:02 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Max Faust Offline
Banned

they are monks and not sportsmen

Bullshit.

They are whores like the rest of us - which is proven by their willingness to travel around and impress gawking audiences with their acrobatic trickery. They need both the money and the attention to maintain their position.

My point is that they aren't fighters.

Put them up there with the real deal and you will soon see what is what.

#298570 - 01/15/08 08:14 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Max Faust]
Mr Avarice Offline

They are Monks.
Acrobatics is just a part of their repertoire.
They do indeed need founding.
And they are indeed not fighters;
They are Warriors.
They are the real deal.

#298579 - 01/15/08 08:47 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Max Faust Offline
Banned

They are Warriors.

If your warrior ass can't fight and conquer other warriors - and thereby prove the validity of your claim to fame, you might as well adopt a whole 'nother label. I admire these guys for the things that they CAN do - which is excellent theatre, acrobatics and, to some extent, a strategy of lesser magic which secures their "supernatural" image. But going all misty eyed over the nonsense and calling them "Warriors" is just ridiculous - and an insult to the ones who are actually out there catching punches with their bodies.

Speaking of martial arts acrobatics:

#298596 - 01/15/08 09:41 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Max Faust]
Mr Avarice Offline

Quote:

If your warrior ass can't fight and conquer other warriors - and thereby prove the validity of your claim to fame, you might as well adopt a whole 'nother label.

But they can fight. That is what Gong fu is all about really...

Quote:
I admire these guys for the things that they CAN do - which is excellent theatre, acrobatics and, to some extent, a strategy of lesser magic which secures their "supernatural" image.

Yes they are quite good with those. But there is some evidence that supports their "Qi powers". And before you say it's delusion, I am not someone who would just take their word for it.
I doubt everything before I see some evidence.

Quote:
But going all misty eyed over the nonsense and calling them "Warriors" is just ridiculous - and an insult to the ones who are actually out there catching punches with their bodies.

Not misty eyed in the least, just stating facts here.
I am not the one who is doing the insulting here.

And those acrobatics are very nice. When i first started training Capoeira, i realised how many moves it shared with Gong fu.
The routine shown 00:16-00:20 is identical with one I used to train.

#298620 - 01/15/08 11:53 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Trau]
John.Doe Offline

Originally Posted By: Trau
I learned a lesson that day, and it had nothing to do with invisibility - it had to do with preparation!

Ok, you think there is a difference in words describing the situation. But what's the difference in the effect?

#298623 - 01/15/08 11:59 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Max Faust]
John.Doe Offline

Originally Posted By: Max Faust

Mine too. But that's in a controlled environment, with a ring, rules and a referee. UFC is sport, fighting is serious.

#298630 - 01/15/08 12:37 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: John.Doe]
Mr Avarice Offline

Quote:
Ok, you think there is a difference in words describing the situation. But what's the difference in the effect?

If there are more then two people fighting...

Edited by The Black Waltz (01/15/08 12:38 PM)

#298652 - 01/15/08 02:09 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: John.Doe]
Max Faust Offline
Banned

UFC is sport, fighting is serious.

Quite so - but we have to draw a line somewhere, right?

"Unarmed hand to hand combat where the objective is to create a realistic situation of testing the fighter's skills, with a set of rules to prevent nasty injuries"... so - no biting, eye gouging, testicle ripping, fish hooks, etc...

If serious fighting is what we are talking about, it is time to bring out the shotgun and the dynamite... ;\)

#298661 - 01/15/08 02:41 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Old_Pig Offline

They are not warriors, they are a historical curiosity.

A man with an assault rifle and a Kevlar vest is a warrior.

#298680 - 01/15/08 03:53 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Max Faust]
John.Doe Offline

Quite so - but we have to draw a line somewhere, right?

I agree. But for me, the line is about intention of the attacker.

In sports events I know about the intention: he wants the points and the title. I know there are penalties if he doesn't obey the rules, and I know there is a doctor next to the ring if things go wrong.

In a "realistic" self-defence situation, I have no idea what the attacker wants. Maybe just attention, maybe fooling around, maybe my wallet, maybe even my life! In my opinion, this differentiates fighting from sports.

But it seems we are getting far off-topic with this...

#298687 - 01/15/08 04:32 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Old_Pig]
Mr Avarice Offline

A man with an Assault rifle, Kevlar vest AND training is a warrior.
A man with just an Assault rifle and Kevlar vest is still just a man. ;\)

#298700 - 01/15/08 05:19 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Old_Pig Offline

A man with an Assault rifle, Kevlar vest AND training is a warrior.
A man with just an Assault rifle and Kevlar vest is still just a man. ;\)

For me a warrior is a man who can be effective and deadly using the combat techniques and weapons of the times he lives on.

Kung Fu is just some cute dance moves that look great on movies... But we don’t live in the magic world of Hollywood.

In real life, your Kung Fu monk is just a tourist attraction. Maybe they were warriors back in Medieval China… but today they are just an anachronism.

Even if all those fantastic claims about becoming invisible or walking on water were real, they would have little use on a real combat scenario.

So a Kung-Fu monk is a much a warrior as a guy in a costume re-enacting a Civil War scene with a replica rifle.

#298711 - 01/15/08 06:48 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Old_Pig]
Mr Avarice Offline

I agree with you. A soldier must keep up with technology if he is to be successful. I am not one who believes in stories of ninjas catching bullets with their teeth or the stories of Karate masters who throw balls of fire at their opponents.
I simply believe that the monks of the Shaolin temple (as a whole) are the best martial artists around. After what I've seen, I don't think it is an overstatement at all.

Hail Satan.

#298713 - 01/15/08 06:50 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Max Faust]
Drock Offline

Thought this isn't really my preferred fighting style I have to agree...I have met several people who claimed they could draw energy from other people or the earth, or they could put up there hand and summon or halt the wind. There ability to do all of the above stated was attributed to there wicca religion and in no way based on any physical ability. Not surprisingly they all turned out to be compulsive liars and have no place in my life any longer.

Edited by Drock (01/15/08 06:51 PM)

#298714 - 01/15/08 06:59 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Drock]
Drock Offline

Here is an excellent example of someone who took the boasting of there abilities a bit too far and it cost them (the man in black is a kiai "master" meaning he uses "energy" to fight, the other is a MMA fighter. The kiai "master" offered a $5000 challenge to any mma fighter)

Edited by Drock (01/15/08 07:02 PM)

#298717 - 01/15/08 07:32 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Drock]
Mr Avarice Offline

There is a fitting Japanese word for guys like that: Ahou (Complete idiot).
Kiai was designed to SCARE opponents with laud shouts and subtle movements. A crude form of lesser magic, designed for setting an up an attack. This "master's" ego will never recover from that...

Thanks for the link, now I know how I will pay for my studies in Japan! ;\)

#298721 - 01/15/08 08:00 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Old_Pig Offline

If you are interested in practical martial arts, stripped of all the spiritual hocus pocus I recommend you to read Fang and Claw by Colonel Akula.

#298722 - 01/15/08 08:05 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Old_Pig]
Mr Avarice Offline

I am quite happy with my Krav Maga training for now. But thank you.

#298735 - 01/15/08 09:59 PM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Trau]
Faded Offline

Though he has never shown me any reason to believe that he is anything other than an average human, I have grown used to being around these people. It almost seemed a shame to shoot him down, but in the end, he wasn't the first or the worse. In fact, I seem to remember an indavidual that claimed to be a son of Aphrodite...though this is amusing at times, I still cannot tolerate them for long.

I myself have seen many strange things in my life. 99% of them are easily esplainable through thoughts of fatige and simple illusions due to lack of mental strength from exaustion.

The only thing I have never been able to logically explain in my own life was a dream that physically felt real and left me weak.

Personally I feel that any "magick" as it were that is even close to possible is just a simple show of mental strength, even a scientist can tell you that things like telekenesis have been studied for years, but turning ones self into a demon is simply impossable. He-they are just deranged.

#298736 - 01/15/08 10:00 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Delaware
I am to begin Krav Maga. I little intimidated but very excited. I have been researching various places, instructors and programs and have found one I am confident in and with an instructor who works with tristate SWAT and Tactical Units as well as The U.S. Rangers and U.S. Marshals. I wanted to make sure it was a strictly Kav Maga program and not a MMa mix. nothing against the MMA but. This is what I wanted.

Edited by Innominandum (01/15/08 10:01 PM)

#298779 - 01/16/08 12:06 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: John.Doe]
Trau Offline

CoS Member

"Ok, you think there is a difference in words describing the situation. But what's the difference in the effect?"

There is an enormous difference. Words have meanings, and you used the word invisibility. If you're using the word 'invisibility' to describe speed, agility, and skill, then you are using the word incorrectly.

The effect is very different. Go back and read the entire post - I believe there was something there referring to the perception of a third person. THAT is the key to invisibility.

In the example I gave of myself, I was the only person who could not see my opponent. Therefore, he wasn't invisible. To imply that not looking at someone makes them invisible is silly. Attaching supernatural or mystical signifigance to a very mundane occurance is where the break between reality and fantasy occurs.

#298786 - 01/16/08 12:16 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Trau]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
 Quote:
To imply that not looking at someone makes them invisible is silly.

Please, drop the Grammar Cop routine, and go (re-)read Anton LaVey's words on this subject.

"Invisible" means "unable to be seen".

The word doesn't specify person: if YOU are unable to see something, then it is invisible TO YOU.

Something that goes unnoticed goes unseen.

Something (or someone) that hides outside of your field of vision, or that creeps in your peripheral, is similarly unseen.

The secret to invisibility lies precisely in being where you will not be seen or noticed.

That is all there is to say on this subject in the public forums. It's a topic more fit for Downstairs.

#298791 - 01/16/08 12:36 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: reprobate]
Trau Offline

CoS Member

That would be great if that was the context in which the word was originally used in this post. However, it was not. The context of the string was regarding folks who don't have a firm grasp on reality. When the inivisibility topic came up, it was followed by the confusion as to whether it was due to lesser or greater magic. It was clearly not in the context of the types of invisibility you list.

I'm more than familiar with other uses of invisibility, camouflage, and stealth. Thank you for reminding me.

#298809 - 01/16/08 02:28 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I train in Krav Maga as well and if you are going to skip Fang and Claw written by Reverend Akula, you are missing out on some very useful information.

Don't be so foolish to ignore Reverend Akula's work.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#298810 - 01/16/08 02:53 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

You should look into Reverend Akula's and Magister Svengali's written material on self-defense and martial arts. You would be either impressed or shocked.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#298811 - 01/16/08 03:02 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Discipline]
Mr Avarice Offline

I have had a few bad incidents with martial arts literature before. But if you all insist on that it is that good, then I will indeed check it out.

#298812 - 01/16/08 03:03 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Discipline]
Mr Avarice Offline

Originally Posted By: Discipline
You should look into Reverend Akula's and Magister Svengali's written material on self-defense and martial arts. You would be either impressed or shocked.

Will do. There is no knowledge that is not power.

#298837 - 01/16/08 07:17 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Scion Offline

There is no knowledge that is not power.

Really?

Hurries off to order the entire backcatalogue of the Church of Scientology

Edited by Scion (01/16/08 07:18 AM)

#298846 - 01/16/08 08:53 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Scion]
Mr Avarice Offline

...Which contain all the counter arguments you shall ever need when they start preaching.
Make them berks weep, Cutter! ;\)

Edited by The Black Waltz (01/16/08 08:53 AM)

#298857 - 01/16/08 10:12 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Phineas]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: Phineas

The best kept secrets are often hidden in plain view.

You mean...invisible.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#298862 - 01/16/08 10:56 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

>>I have had a few bad incidents with martial arts literature before. But if you all insist on that it is that good, then I will indeed check it out.

If you are trying to avoid martial arts literature I would suggest their work. Their work is far from martial arts.

#298912 - 01/16/08 03:41 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Discipline]
Faded Offline

>>I have had a few bad incidents with martial arts literature before. But if you all insist on that it is that good, then I will indeed check it out.

If you are trying to avoid martial arts literature I would suggest their work. Their work is far from martial arts.

Well Martial arists use energy work, this is true, but many other people do as well. For instance: Message therapists, I have a friend that is a massage therapist I won't lie I like her.

Others include: Yoga instructors and students, some therapists or psychologists. If it works go with it. Anything to relax the mood.

#299001 - 01/16/08 10:11 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Faded]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

I don't understand why you are stating I said energy work (whatever that means, energy is a form of work in physics) is not involved with what these two gentlemen have written.

You jump from one topic to another so quickly I am left in bewilderment.

Perhaps it is because of the main topic title?

#299018 - 01/16/08 10:56 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Discipline]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
What is the name of Magister Svengali's book/article? I am a MMA fighter and am very interested in this subject.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#299019 - 01/16/08 10:58 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Precisely.

#299022 - 01/16/08 11:07 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Discipline]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
This thread is a perfect example of why I refuse to discuss this topic in "open" forums. \:>
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#299028 - 01/17/08 12:01 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: AurEum]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Here is one reason why Magister Svengali is awesome, and why while waiting for his book (presuming you order it) you should read his blog.

"a. Invariably the person tossing out the term "fascist" or "nazi" has NO idea even of what that is other than shorthand for something they vaguely don't like. For all the logic/information content of their hissy fit they might as well call me (or anyone) a "big dooky head" or "booger." "

I discovered it tonight, it is a no bullshit, balls to the wall take on various interesting topics, such as animal killers, cry babies, etc.

http://magistersvengali.blogspot.com/index.html

This, along with the badass photos of the book with bullets and skulls around it, is the reason I'm submitting my order tonight. Wonderful stuff.

#299033 - 01/17/08 12:28 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: AurEum]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

He has taken all his best material and put them into his new book "Essays in Satanism". Most of them I have read before, and I can promise they are worth the read.

#299035 - 01/17/08 12:31 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Svengali]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

I completely understand. I will not argue the details of this topic up here, but I have to suggest your material because from what I have seen yours is some of the best.

No joke, I have learned a lot from you and your sources.

#299039 - 01/17/08 01:08 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Discipline]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
I was not criticizing anything you had said up here, but just pointing out that this thread is a good (bad) example.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#299042 - 01/17/08 01:58 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Max Faust]
HiddenHorror Offline

The only ninjitsu trick I know of is keeping a light source between you are your opponent(s). Say you have a camp fire between you and your prey. They will not be able to see you due to the light between you and them.

As for bending light... Maybe they were wearing a suit of mirrors? Oh.. or that really cool poncho with the camera that prjects your background over it? \:D

#299071 - 01/17/08 07:55 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: HiddenHorror]
London Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The Inmost Dens
 Quote:
The only ninjitsu trick I know of is keeping a light source between you are your opponent(s). Say you have a camp fire between you and your prey. They will not be able to see you due to the light between you and them.

This sounds like it came from an Ashida Kim book.

I'll teach you a better trick. Hold a flashlight in your left hand and stick your left arm as far away from your body as possible at a 45 degree angle. Then turn the flashlight on and shine it in your enemy's eyes. Use your right hand to shoot him.

I've lost count of how many Shaolin Monks and Ninjas I have mounted in my trophy room thanks to these powers of invisibility.

#299149 - 01/17/08 11:54 AM Re: Energy work?? [Re: Discipline]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

I don't understand why you are stating I said energy work (whatever that means, energy is a form of work in physics)

Heh. This "demon" has taught him new terminology.

#299204 - 01/17/08 04:27 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: HiddenHorror]
Old_Pig Offline

Originally Posted By: HiddenHorror

As for bending light... Maybe they were wearing a suit of mirrors? Oh.. or that really cool poncho with the camera that prjects your background over it? \:D

There is always the oldest invisibility trick... punch your enemy in the eyes, so he can't see you.

#299208 - 01/17/08 04:31 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Old_Pig]
Never Offline

Loc: Skien, Norway
Yeah, show the peace sign, and when they take their hand, poke their eyes out!

#299209 - 01/17/08 04:31 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Old_Pig]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

If cartoons have taught me anything, it's that hiding inside a bush (and moving, carrying with you, said bush) is an effective way of hiding, and or sneaking up on ones enemy.

Has anyone yet to confirm this?

#299210 - 01/17/08 04:35 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: TheDegenerate]
Darkahn Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Ashida Kim probably wrote a book about that tactic alone, involving his well-known Siberian exploits.

You can own it for only one easy payment of $19.95.

Undercroft

#299211 - 01/17/08 04:38 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: TheDegenerate]
Mr Avarice Offline

Originally Posted By: Phosis
If cartoons have taught me anything, it's that hiding inside a bush (and moving, carrying with you, said bush) is an effective way of hiding, and or sneaking up on ones enemy.

Has anyone yet to confirm this?

This is how you DON'T do it: Black pyjamas in a green environment. ;\)

Edited by The Black Waltz (01/17/08 04:39 PM)

#299267 - 01/17/08 09:33 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Mr Avarice]
CatlikeJoe Offline

Black doesn't really help in broad daylight... but it's funny.

Just advance to the fiftieth second if you find the introduction too boring.

Urban Ninja II

Edited by iron (01/17/08 09:36 PM)

#299304 - 01/18/08 02:01 AM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Darkahn]
London Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The Inmost Dens
Actually, Ashida Kim wrote a book titled Ninja Secrets of Invisibility. It was sold through the Johnson Smith novelty catalogue, if that gives you any idea of the quality of content.

Why Paladin Press publishes that shit is beyond me.

#299320 - 01/18/08 05:51 AM Re: Energy work and mental defects. [Re: Faded]
GCaesarWhiskers Offline

Loc: TN, USA
Does the person that you mention work at the Job Corps., or
is he trying to get a job?

If the latter, (if you can say this with a straight face), I
might suggest to the gentleman that "demons" are an ethnic
minority, and that he should consult a tax professional about
possible "additional deductions" on his W-2 preparation. ;\)

And he also has a girlfriend?

I wonder if demons are loud snorers...

GCaesarWhiskers
And may your dominant mate always be happy to see you

Meerkat Blessing

www.vampiretemple.com

#299462 - 01/18/08 07:20 PM Re: Ninja magic... [Re: Max Faust]
GCaesarWhiskers Offline

Loc: TN, USA
 Quote:
If serious fighting is what we are talking about,
it is time to bring out the shotgun and the dynamite...

Very nice, Max Faust!
If I could CHOOSE my weapons,
I would choose a "Tesla Death-Ray" or one of those chemical
weapons that makes people shit out their guts or drown in a pool
of their own snot.

*shrugging*

But I'm a lover, not a fighter! (lol)

GCaesarWhiskers

Edited by GCaesarWhiskers (01/18/08 09:55 PM)
And may your dominant mate always be happy to see you

Meerkat Blessing

www.vampiretemple.com

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43981 Topics
406044 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements