Topic Options
#298509 - 01/14/08 09:53 PM Megachurch leader charged with perjury...
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

"Former church employee Mona Brewer is suing Paulk, his brother, Don, and the church for allegedly manipulating her into an affair from 1989 to 2003 by telling her it was her only path to salvation."
"Paulk and his brother, Don, have been hit with multiple lawsuits from former members alleging they were coerced into sexual affairs."
This is completely unbelievable. It's one thing to lie to an elderly person and claim to be a contractor that is licensed when you are not and charge them exorbant fees for tearing the house apart, than it is to do this sort of thing.
If people really believe that sort of thing they deserve to be taken advantage of! These are full grown adults I mean idiots.
The charge- Being a dumb ass
The sentence- They must live with themselves.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080115/ap_on_re_us/preacher_paternity

#298527 - 01/15/08 01:14 AM Re: Megachurch leader charged with perjury... [Re: DickSteele]
Trau Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
And yet, the Christian community will remain relatively silent about this entire ordeal - as they always do. If this was the conduct of a CEO of a large firm, a political leader, or the leader of a different religion, they wouldn't shut up about it.

The Christians consistently point, demonstrate, and print attacks against everything else they think is destroying our society: homosexuals, abortion doctors, rock bands, video games, Hollywood, etc. Yet, they never seem to address the EXACT same behavior within their own 'houses', even after there is significant, undisputed evidence that their behavior IS or HAS adversely affected one or more other people. For some reason, it's not such a big deal.

This guy has a history of sexual misconduct, yet he is STILL leading a congregation. Don't get me wrong: sheep who willingly follow these nuts, especially after knowing of past behavior, don't get my sympathy. However, I wonder where the other spiritual leaders are. They're not so eager for a battle when it may get messy...

"Ha, Ha. I've never seen anyone suck as bad at this as you!" SGT Anderson

"There's no duck! There never HAS been a duck!" Meme

#298565 - 01/15/08 07:13 AM Re: Megachurch leader charged with perjury... [Re: DickSteele]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
 Originally Posted By: DickSteele
"Former church employee Mona Brewer is suing Paulk, his brother, Don, and the church for allegedly manipulating her into an affair from 1989 to 2003 by telling her it was her only path to salvation."

Now that's an interesting take on a chat-up line. "Hey baby, wanna go to Heaven? Stick with me and we can ride the road of salvation together - awwwwwwww yeah!".

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#298607 - 01/15/08 10:55 AM Re: Megachurch leader charged with perjury... [Re: Scion]
Adveser Offline

Loc: California
That reminds me of that family guy bit about the army:

"The Christian Community"

AWWWWWWW YEAAAAHHHHHHH...

This is so ridiculous. Most christians will read something like that and say "at least my church isn't crooked."

I think most people will blindly follow their pastor to jail if they believe that will get them to heaven, what a foolish sentiment. What is sad is that most of his congregation probably believes his is innocent and the justice system is wrong.

You can't argue with a christian. They are convinced they know the answers and would likely shove a knife in your back if they believed it would give you some sort of salvation. They don't believe in responsibility to the responsible. The entire religion is based on the premise that someone else is there to take responsibility for actions that even they believe are morally wrong. "did you make a mistake, that's okay, Jesus will take responsibility for you" These bastards make me sick.

#298610 - 01/15/08 10:59 AM Re: Megachurch leader charged with perjury... [Re: DickSteele]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

I found this on Yahoo! Answers-
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish."

#298612 - 01/15/08 11:02 AM Re: Megachurch leader charged with perjury... [Re: DickSteele]
Never Offline

Loc: Skien, Norway
Man, that was funny! \:D

I agree that it was a stupid thing for that girl to believe in, but I`m against taking sexual advantage of people.

Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404441 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements