Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#298880 - 01/16/08 12:39 PM Satanism in Canada
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
I am a "Canadian Satanist."

I, apparently, live in an igloo. I am protected by mounties. There is nothing around me but forests. I say "eh" a lot, and call a house a "hoose", and a moose "cousin Jane." I don't own a car, and I eat nothing but bacon.

Well, I don't own a car, so I guess this is not completely inacurate.

Canadians are also apparently known for being peace mongering frenchies, who just sit around a twiddle our thumbs all day. The fact of the matter is, Canada is no different then anywhere else in the world; at least the fact that it is generally populated by idiots.

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/RoseBanned.html

I just discovered this article today, and though most people here have probably read it, it will be a head shaker for fellow Canadians, a canvas of general stupidity.

I mean, what else can one expect? It isn't that I am appalled at the lack of understanding of Satanism here (that shit happens every day, why would this be any different?) it is more out of fear for my own safety then anything that this bothers me. It is the people waving their fingers at a darker man in a turban, or someone with a generally hostile appearence yelling "TERRORIST!" when a seemingly innocent girl in a "Hello Kitty" t-shirt could just as easily be the one willing to blow herself up to take out everyone on the plane. (I realize the context of the article, that this happened AFTER the initial landing, but you can see my point.)

The problem here is that UPON arriving in Canada, this man was pulled to the side and questioned, his reading material and sigils taken away from him. For what purpose exactly? The presumptuous nature of these pricks (Stating "WHAT is your criminal record?" not, "DO YOU HAVE a criminal record?") Will flabbergast me each and everytime something similar happens. Canada, a country that prides itself on diversity, on it's lack of prejudice or judgement, and CONSTANT comparing of itself to the United States "detestable" melting pot culture, practically kicks itself in the balls by doing something like this. The lack of understanding on ALL counts (not just of Satanism, but of other, ACTUAL violent religions, that support acts of demolition, war, murder, etc...) presented here is a fine example here of the hypocrisy that exists just as much in Canada as anywhere else in the world.

I love my country, this is not meant to be a Canada bash, but the self righteous attitude and behaviour here is just as revolting as presented anywhere else. What if I rolled into town with a copy of Mein Kampf (Not that I would, it's a really shitty, boring read as far as I'm concerned) am I going to have it removed for "determination" as well? If he had a book called "How to Bomb the Shit Out of Ottawa" I could see that being a problem...but an independantly published magazine?

I know there is an argument to be had here in support of different points, but it never ceases to amaze me how our government can be so self-aggrandizing, so righteous, and think themselves so much better then everyone else in the world...yet, stunts like this are still pulled on a daily basis. When will people grow up? (The answer is, never, but the question, rhetorical.)

http://www.somethingcool.ca/backissues/031504/section51.htm

On a lighter note, a nice (old) little interview with Canada's own Magister Lang about the film "Passion of the Christ".

http://meta-religion.com/Esoterism/Satanism/satanism.htm

Also, vague numbers of Satanists in Canada, according to census reports.

#298889 - 01/16/08 02:20 PM Re: Satanism in Canada [Re: TheDegenerate]
Drakein Offline

Has Canada ever had a history of crimes involving Satanists or Devil worshippers? Anything that could 'explain' such suspicion and hostility?

#298892 - 01/16/08 02:34 PM Re: Satanism in Canada [Re: TheDegenerate]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
One individual is not an accurate representation of the rest of the country or the government.

Edited by tovasshi (01/16/08 02:34 PM)

#298899 - 01/16/08 03:05 PM Re: [nothing to do with] Satanism in Canada [Re: TheDegenerate]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Canadian? I'll make sure I type slowly so you understand ;\)

Quote:
It is the people waving their fingers at a darker man in a turban, [..] seemingly innocent girl in a "Hello Kitty" t-shirt [..] blow herself up [..]

There are very accurate records that show Islamic men (and women) have been involved in Jihad. Many of them do have dark skin and many of them exhibit similar behavior. This is not new. What exactly are you upset about or not understanding here?

There are problematic humans where ever you go. Just relax a little and don't let it get to you.

#298902 - 01/16/08 03:14 PM Re: [even less to do with] Satanism in Canada [Re: RandomStranger]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
People with "turbans" are commonly mistaken for Moslems.
The Sikhs wear turbans: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turban_(Sikhism)

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#298915 - 01/16/08 03:44 PM Re: [even less to do with] Satanism in Canada [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
That is correct!

Thanks to operant conditioning, when I see someone wearing a turban start craving samosa and poori.

(wait... isn't it more Satanic when a person knows what their talking about?)

#298916 - 01/16/08 03:46 PM Re: [even less to do with] Satanism in Canada [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Dead Roses Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
Yes, I love that article. It's a show of how mature can people make complete asses out of themselves (the security).

#298919 - 01/16/08 03:51 PM Re: [even less to do with] Satanism in Canada [Re: Dead Roses]
Dead Roses Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
P.S. Once I wore a 666 cap while out, and there happened to be some kind of police raid in the tram ('couse of some punk-ass teenage skinheads vandalizing the city that night, or something...).

I don't think I have to go any further into explaining how I spent my next few hours.

Best stick to the shadows when expecting to deal with idiots.

#298958 - 01/16/08 06:07 PM Re: Satanism in Canada [Re: TheDegenerate]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

I'm no fan of Canada Customs, so when I read that I wasn't the least bit surprised.

As an aside, I have noticed that the people who scream the loudest about how tolerant and open-minded they are are usually the ones who react the worst to people who really think differently than they do. They make a big show of accepting everyone of different cultures as long as they believe that fundamentally those strangers actually are just like them, and when they realize that any given individual is not just like them, the shit hits the fan.

I've found those actually don't care what you think or believe are the quiet ones who are secure enough with themselves that they don't need to proclaim their acceptance. I tend to assume this works on a groupthink level as well as a one-to-one level.

#298959 - 01/16/08 06:12 PM Re: [even less to do with] Satanism in Canada [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Sikhs are generally stand-up folks, good neighbors, respect education, friendly, mind their own business.

There have been controversies with the Sikhs in Canada. One involved children carrying the kirpan (ritual dagger) in public schools. Another involved Sikh police recruits who wanted to wear their turbans along with their uniform.

Frankly, I'm quite glad to have immigrants who a) believe in carrying weapons as part of their religion, and who b) are enthusiastic enough about enforcing secular laws that they are willing to make an issue out of reconciling police uniforms with their ritual requirements.

#298966 - 01/16/08 06:29 PM Re: [even less to do with] Satanism in Canada [Re: reprobate]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Where I work, there is a Sikh, as well as Moslems.
I like the Sikh.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#298992 - 01/16/08 09:26 PM Re: [even less to do with] Satanism in Canada [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
DaggerJack Offline

Loc: California, USA
I have never met a Sikh I didn't, at some level, like. There have been ones I haven't gotten along with, but people are people.

I knew this one fellow, by the name of Ravvie (thats how he spelled it). An excellent example of an entrepreneur, I first met Ravvie after watching him chase a thief from his liquor store/office... with a sword... while wearing a 3 piece suit and sporting a very large, very orange, turban... In a part of town that sheriffs deputies refuse to handle such things, much less protect citizens. I liked him right there for his ideas about protecting property and his sense of style.

The authorities did intervene, to protect the criminal of course.

My girlfriend has a friend whose family is Sikh. When she goes to their house, they feed her until she can't eat anymore. The custom of it being rude to clear your plate comes from the tradition of feeding guests. If you clear your plate, it means you are still hungry, and they haven't fed you enough.

Good thing she likes curry (and really, how can anyone not?)

I like Sikhs

#299003 - 01/16/08 10:17 PM Re: [even less to do with] Satanism in Canada [Re: reprobate]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
>>are enthusiastic enough about enforcing secular laws that they are willing to make an issue out of reconciling police uniforms with their ritual requirements.

It is a uniform for a reason.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#299006 - 01/16/08 10:29 PM Re: [nothing to do with] Satanism in Canada [Re: RandomStranger]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: RandomStranger
Canadian? I'll make sure I type slowly so you understand ;\)

Quote:
It is the people waving their fingers at a darker man in a turban, [..] seemingly innocent girl in a "Hello Kitty" t-shirt [..] blow herself up [..]

There are very accurate records that show Islamic men (and women) have been involved in Jihad. Many of them do have dark skin and many of them exhibit similar behavior. This is not new. What exactly are you upset about or not understanding here?

There are problematic humans where ever you go. Just relax a little and don't let it get to you.

Hey.

Yeah, I understand that completely. It was a not very well defined point I was trying to make that just because a guy comes in with a Baphomet around his neck, he is immediately tagged for being suspicious. I understand also that this sort of thing is pretty common place.

I'm not upset about this on any kind of level, I just thought it might make for interesting discussion. (And it has, apparently.)

#299007 - 01/16/08 10:32 PM Re: Satanism in Canada [Re: tovasshi]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Correct, but this isn't the case of one individual. This sort of thing happens all the time, here, in the states...anywhere. That is more my point really, that everyday I read in the paper about Canada being some kind of global hero for our tolerance, and then shit like this continues to happen. It's a country wide good-guy badge.

More then anything, I found the original article to be a good read.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406368 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements