Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#298898 - 01/16/08 02:59 PM Re: Abortion [Re: DaggerJack]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
Or we could just implement my master plan and make all men gay. Well, the attractive ones you'd want to have sex with anyway, the rest aren't a problem in terms of breeding.

What?

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#298903 - 01/16/08 03:16 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Scion]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: Scion
Well, the attractive ones you'd want to have sex with anyway, the rest aren't a problem in terms of breeding.

Whew! I am safe then.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#298921 - 01/16/08 04:01 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
Possessing as you do one of the most beautiful cerebrums I've encountered, my dear Roho, I would say not. You never fail to stimulate me.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#298928 - 01/16/08 04:13 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Scion]
Dead Roses Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
...and start FUCKING EACH OTHER IN THE ASS!!! (Lewis Black)

Wouldn't the repair of the 7 types of molecular damage and the everlasting youth resulting from it be a bit... strenous on nature?

I mean, not that it isn't something the world just can't do without, a race of overpopulating humanoids (a race a hundred times worse than those who walk on all fours)...

#298932 - 01/16/08 04:23 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Dead Roses]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Only one solution, for the entire world:

Reversible sterilization at birth.

All costs associated with breeding payable before reversal.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#298940 - 01/16/08 04:47 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Scion]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: Scion
Possessing as you do one of the most beautiful cerebrums I've encountered, my dear Roho, I would say not. You never fail to stimulate me.

Firstly...thank you.

Secondly...I am always saying to my wife, I have a body to go with this mind!

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#298975 - 01/16/08 07:21 PM Re: You are older than you think. [Re: Nemo]
Malakuma Offline

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
I just read about him in The Economist! He and other scientists are discussed in the article "How to live forever." The article mentions De Grey and the 7 components that Magister Nemo mentioned, as well as other research on ageing. Eating less (practically starving) has been linked to longer lives, atleast in non-human animals. Dr. David Sinclair seems to be doing some interesting experiments on the relationship between food intake and ageing and also the effects of resveratrol, which is in red wine.
There is also a small article on the Methuselah mouse prizes. The main article is online: http://www.economist.com/research/articl...ory_id=10423439

#298988 - 01/16/08 09:18 PM Re: candles. [Re: tovasshi]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Probably not enough candles according to some estimates.

Same for your cake too.

#298989 - 01/16/08 09:20 PM My suggestion. [Re: Malakuma]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Get and read his book, Ending Aging.

The first few chapters go straight to the point and while the meat of the book may be a stretch for those lacking enough biology or chemistry background, many, many issues are clarified.

History is being made now, today.

#298997 - 01/16/08 09:55 PM Re: Abortion [Re: AurEum]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: ealaiontoir
Once you decide where you stand on this issue, is it really one of those issues (right up there with gun control) that would dictate the way you vote? Is it really THAT important? Furthermore, wouldn't voting on a topic relating to someone else's life and body be interjecting your opinion when not asked? For me it's not important enough to affect the way I vote, I don't care if a candidate is pro-life or pro-choice. Any thoughts?

There have already been numerous replies to everything you wrote in this post, so I am not going to reiterate all that has been said. It is of course an individual choice to be made, and nobody really knows how they would react when they are in the situation, regardless of their political spewing.

On the other hand, the question of how important a political isssue it is, I will comment on.

Think for a minute about how it was when abortion was illegal; a woman had very few choices if she did find herself in that situation. She could have it and keep it, have it and give it away, or go to an underground abortionist who might just kill her in the process. I think I would rather have abortion legal just in case.

That is my political stance. There are other issues that I don't think the government should have jurisdiction over as well. This is one where the woman should have the control, not the government.

Whether you are a Satanist or not really doesn't matter, each person should make that particular decision. I am not telling anyone they should have an abortion and I don't think anyone should tell me I shouldn't.

My opinion, since you asked.

~HS!~

Edited by dragondancer (01/16/08 09:58 PM)
Edit Reason: added a word
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#298999 - 01/16/08 10:04 PM Re: My suggestion. [Re: Nemo]
Rainy Offline

Loc: US Florida Tampa Bay Area
I can say for sure that for a woman, going through a pregnancy is absolute torture. I was constantly miserable, emotional, drained, paniced, tired, everything. My body was being held hostage, I was being sucked of my life force from the inside out. I couldnt eat right, walk right, sleep right, or even think right. I really hated every second of it. And you dont even want to know about the birthing process.

If a women is sleeping around without any thought of contraception, and they end up pregnant, they shouldnt have the child anyway, because they have already proven that they are not responsible. Alot of times, the offspring from these people turn out much the same as their mothers, and we dont need any more people like that in the world.

If your contraception fails, can you know you were doing what you could to refrain from becoming pregnant, then I dont see how it is irresponsible to abort the pregnancy. You obviously didnt want the child for what ever reason, and you did what you could to prevent it.

Any woman who does not want to go through the horrible thing that is pregnancy should not have to. Thats not to say that giving it a chance and going through with it isnt going to end up being completely worth it when the child is born. I am happy to have expirienced pregnancy and childbirth, as I believe that being a woman, it is one of the most gender enbracing things you can do. Embrace what life offers you, when it is the right time for you to expirience it. I love my baby boy fully, and am completely happy and devoted to him. But I would never put myself through it again.

#299004 - 01/16/08 10:25 PM Re: Abortion [Re: tovasshi]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Thank you Tovasshi and everyone else who has contributed to this conversation.

1) Good point. It may be more responsible to have an abortion than to and a child you can't properly care or provide for.

It was not my intention to suggest that the only reason for abortions is lack of responsibility. There are many reasons, I just chose not to explore them in the scenario I used.

2) Are you suggestion that abortion be used instead of birth control or just saying that the chances of pregnancy are higher for this group?

3) They could also use a diaphragm, FemCap, condom (sheepskin if they have a latex allergy), Sponge (re-approved in 2005), and there are many other spermicides besides nonoxinol-9.

4) I'm undecided, which is why I posted. It has been helpful to hear others' opinions and explanations.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#299005 - 01/16/08 10:28 PM Re: Deeper questions. [Re: Nemo]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Extremely thought-provoking. A guess a mid-life crisis really is a wast of time if we're several billion years old (and here I was thinking I was 27) ;\)

Quote:
What is the dividing line between life and death? What is a human being?

Do you think science will be able to answer this question definitively?

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#299008 - 01/16/08 10:38 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Thank you for your answers and for the compliment \:\)

I'm not sure I'm much closer to figuring out where I stand on the issue, but I'll continue to mull it over and will eventually figure it out.

#299009 - 01/16/08 10:40 PM Re: Abortion [Re: DaggerJack]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

I agree that this method seems easier. Sorry guys, but being an ambitious single girl, I'm not that trusting. I've known a few guys who have tried to "trap" their partner by getting her pregnant.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43977 Topics
406020 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements