Topic Options
#299159 - 01/17/08 12:40 PM Church of Satan Scholarship
RottenBonnie Offline

Loc: The West Coast, USA
I spent all morning researching scholarships. There are a billion scholarships out there for employees, or their dependents, of Patty's Pawn Shop, Local Toilet Paper Union #673 and descendants of the graduates of Green Grove High School Class of 1962.

It occurred to me that perhaps The Church of Satan could offer a scholarship to its members and dependents? Because the CoS is concerned with the real lives of its members, and those members doing the best for themselves, it seems that it would tie right in with the CoS's goals.

Perhaps the fee for joining could be raised and the extra money used to create a scholarship fund? I know of at least two CoS members on this board that are attending college and could probably use the money.

Also, not being one to bring ideas to the table without any willingness to actually work on them, I would be happy to help administer the scholarship process if the idea is instituted. This is just my thought for the day. Thanks for listening.

Hail Satan!
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

"There's no such thing as too many books." Poetaster

#299167 - 01/17/08 01:28 PM Re: Church of Satan Scholarship [Re: RottenBonnie]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
There is virtually no way to implement this within the framework of our administration. Because of our policies of stratification and taxation of churches, and what it takes to legally oversea what amounts to a non-profit charity, the formal Church of Satan really would do better to not oversee such a scholarship.

HOWEVER: There is no earthly reason why enterprising Satanist cannot create such a scholarship on their own and establish their own criteria, based on what they wish to promote. They can develop the fund raising, the escrow, etc....

Bonnie, you are right, there are scholarships for everyone from everybody, but you must pragmatically know that a CoS scholarship would be scrutinized in a way no other charitable gift would. Ask me about Little League and I'll teach you a lesson on how no good deed goes unpunished---particularly if you're a Satanist.

If it matters to you, Bonnie, do it for you!

I really hope you know I am not shitting on what I truly believe to be a great intention, but I do have quite a bit of experience in this sort of thing. More than that, our High Priest and Priestess care deeply about this organization, and there is no idea they haven't heard---if this could have been done well, without diluting Satanism or the church, they would have done it.

Do not hesitate to entertain and share more ideas!

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#299193 - 01/17/08 03:54 PM Re: Church of Satan Scholarship [Re: Ygraine]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Originally Posted By: Ygraine

Bonnie, you are right, there are scholarships for everyone from everybody....

And that would be the crux of the matter. We are not everyone, nor are we everybody.

If someone needs funds, there are plenty of opportunities out there; obtaining them would be a test of their Lesser & Greater Magic abilities.

Scholarships are not what the COS was created for.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#300032 - 01/21/08 01:17 AM Re: Church of Satan Scholarship [Re: Ygraine]
RottenBonnie Offline

Loc: The West Coast, USA
 Originally Posted By: Ygraine

I really hope you know I am not shitting on what I truly believe to be a great intention

Not at all! It was just an idea. Thanks for the feedback.

Hail Satan!
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

"There's no such thing as too many books." Poetaster

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43975 Topics
406011 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements