Well, "public remorse" would not apply to the killer of
17 babies. I would let them repent all they wanted while
the state flipped the switch. Who knows, their crocodile
tears might make lovely blue sparks! \:D

When I refer to "being nice to someone to confuse them", by
no means would this be in the same vein as the Xian "turning
the other cheek". By no means! Rather my approach would
be to give them a lovely "Armani necktie" with one end around
a tree branch, and the other around their neck!

They put on the "necktie". If you hand this to them, you
wear leather or surgical gloves.

And then you walk away...

Quote:
They need to be shunned, never forgiven, treated
like pathetic shit, and never even looked at again.

Phosis, I like the way you think!

GCaesarWhiskers
And may your dominant mate always be happy to see you

Meerkat Blessing

www.vampiretemple.com

#299403 - 01/18/08 12:47 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Drakein Offline

I'm a lefty pinko libtard, but I agree with this part of the Old Testament: "If anyone injures his neighbor, whatever he has done must be done to him: fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has injured the other, so he is to be injured."

That is about personal matters. If someone, after all your warnings, strikes you, by all means strike them back. Don't allow yourself to be a doormat.
Satyagraha does not work, people.

Now about the death penalty, things are more complex. But only because someone might end up innocent. And the punishment is irreversible in this case.

#299405 - 01/18/08 12:56 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: Never]
GCaesarWhiskers Offline

Loc: TN, USA
A confession would be required for either expiation or for
sentencing.

A confession must be given in order to apply for mercy.
However, a confession (in conjunction with a conviction)
would be necessary for sentencing.

Were it my court...

Consider the name "Caesar".

They can ask for mercy all they want, but unless
I was truly moved, they would have better luck
playing the lottery!

GCaesarWhiskers

Meerkat Blessing

www.vampiretemple.com

#299407 - 01/18/08 01:00 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: Eibon]
GCaesarWhiskers Offline

Let me know when you run for office, Innominandum.

You got my vote!

GCaesarWhiskers

Meerkat Blessing

www.vampiretemple.com

#299408 - 01/18/08 01:00 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: GCaesarWhiskers]
Never Offline

Loc: Skien, Norway
On that -

A guy sits in the electric chair.
Suddently someone runs up and whispers something to the guy who`s gonna flick the switch, and then puts a note in his hand.
The guy then turn to the guy in the chair and says: "I have some good news".
"What" the other guys say "I`ve been spared?".
"No" says the other guy "but you just won 20 million dollars in the lottery"

#299411 - 01/18/08 01:37 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: Drakein]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Let's take as an example a serial killer. Why should the government show mercy to a human that showed no mercy. This is Christianity at it's best, or should I say it's worst always trying to be forgiving and what it in the end manages to do is to be merely hypocritical. Screaming ''look how good we are, we are letting the murderer of 50 people live''

- I do not agree with this. All under the banner of human rights, the lives of prisoners are improving. It is all far apart from the general idea of punishment setting a negative example for the rest of the community to fear. What today's governments are doing is setting an example in how hypocritical they can be instead of showing how they sanction those who bring destruction upon the community.

When it comes to the methods of execution, most of them are designed to be swift. The electric chair is an example where this is not the case. Nevertheless, the idea of capital punishment, in my opinion, is more devastating to the condemned on DURING THE TIME WITHIN HE'S WAITING FOR THE EXECUTION, not the execution itself. The idea of hopelessness, the idea of ''whatever I do or don't do now I'm going to die''. Solitary confinement is even better in these cases as it amplifies this hopelessness. If you would put a prisoner like that in public prison population, he might switch to ''renegade'' mode and try killing everybody else, because ''he ain't got nothin' to lose''.

And, when considering the U.S. model, how much sense does it make really to sentence a person to 200 years? This is ludicrous. It's like saying we are too afraid to kill you right away, cause then we are bad people, so we will invent a ridiculous punishment and do that to you instead. The same goes for consecutive life sentences.

So instead of punishment fitting the crime you have a person living for FREE at an expense of people who DIDN'T do anything wrong.

#299413 - 01/18/08 01:53 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: LightAngel]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

I agree with most of this however- prisons are just damage control they do not rehabilitate.
The idea of jail or prison is that people go there, serve their time-they are suppose to pay for their crimes. When they leave they are still marked for life as Felons. This usually lands them in jail again.
The death penalty does not work as a deterrent even in the least as of yet.
The whole idea behind being sentenced to more than 1 life term is that because of legal mumbo jumbo, a prisoner may appeal 1 life sentence but cannot appeal another one. This helps to keep them behind bars.
Although it does suck that people pay for people to stay in prison, most people gladly pay to have these people stay behind
bars rather than have them commit crimes. Ideally prisoners would sustain themselves and their environment, however they cannot be trusted with certain materials. We are going to be in for a big surprise in the coming years. The study of genetics as well as nano technology as well as other technology such as with DNA may result in better convictions, and a reduction in crime. Really our public education system isn't any better than the prison system.

#299416 - 01/18/08 02:07 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: DickSteele]
Never Offline

Loc: Skien, Norway
Has the old plot about putting alot of criminals on a lone island and then let them manage themselves, ever been tried out in reality?

#299418 - 01/18/08 02:15 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: Never]
GCaesarWhiskers Offline

Nice, Never!

Very nice!

*chuckling*

GCaesarWhiskers

Meerkat Blessing

www.vampiretemple.com

#299430 - 01/18/08 03:07 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: DickSteele]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
I understand that a guy ends up in jail for stealing a car, so he serves like a year or 2 and then gets back on the street. But I really do not see a point in keeping people inside for decades. If the state already deems necessary to keep someone inside for e.g. 50 years then it also must deem that person well beyond rehabilitation. I mean, if you need 50 years to figure something out you really ARE better off dead.

Wouldn't it be easier to just get rid of them?! bang and they're gone?! No expenses, no worries, and justice has been served?!

#299441 - 01/18/08 04:53 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: G.F.V.]
Dead Roses Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
I entirely agree with reprobate. Satanism is about honest, ol' satisfaction, whether you gain it from forgiving or raising hell. But one thing has ever to be kept in mind: Indulgence, NOT compulsion.

#299454 - 01/18/08 06:42 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: LightAngel]
Colonel Kurtz Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: LightAngel
...if you need 50 years to figure something out you really ARE better off dead.

BINGO!

#299470 - 01/18/08 07:32 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: LightAngel]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

I agree there are many who are behind bars for life, who have never had a life don't now and never will-they probably should be put down-we do this to our animals that we love why not prisoners who are a waste in every manner? The problem is this-what if we kill someone who is indeed innocent? I say it is better to convict and/or kill an innocent person than to let a guilty person go free.

#299548 - 01/19/08 02:25 AM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: DickSteele]
hellbent666 Offline
Banned

Loc: Colorado
Ok, here are some statistics from some one (me) that just did some time in prison.

Supposedly it costs tax payers $30,000 a year to house one in-mate, the fiscal year starts in July I think. In-mates earn 48 cents a day if they owe restitution and 60 cents a day if they do not. Hygeine and stationary to take care of yourself and to communicate with family members basically takes up most if not all of your money if you have a "normal" job in prison. Better jobs can pay anywhere from $40.00/month to $300.00/month depending on your "job". Phone calls to your family also cost $5.05/call, but this is all what prisoners have to deal with.

I do not think that worthless human scum like pedophiles and rapists should be spared because of the cost to you tax payers (and me too now) but rapists and pedophiles get real justice from the in-mates that are there for other crimes. Rapists usually get raped, charged "rent", beat up, and in rare circumstances killed. Pedophiles deal with the same shit too. Murderers don't really deal with too much of any of that because most of them are not "bitches" or cowardly dogs. Bitch or punk are trigger words in prison too, if you don't fight when you are called either of those two words than you are basically validating your accusers and will be ridiculed for your entire stay. Basically what I'm trying to get at here is not everyone in prison is worthless and most fucked up people like rapists and child molesters "get theirs" in prison by prisoners.

I would like to know that I'm paying a small protion of my earnings to make sure that takers of children's innocence get fucked in the ass by big angry convicts and beat up on a regualr basis by "lesser" criminals. That is justice to me! I don't think they should be allowed the liberty of dying quickly. They should be tortured by the prisoners until they die!

It really isn't that much out of your pocket to pay to house a prisoner when you think about it. It also doesn't take much to put yourself in prison either. I think it's kinda funny how most of us "lesser" criminals basically paid to house ourselves in prison! Weird huh?! But you ultimately let your government charge you to house criminals so if you don't like the fact that U.S. citizens pay a piddly amount of money to house who you deem worthless, then do something about it. Stand up for yourself and don't complain about anything you need not subject yourself to.

I'm not a bitch and have never been. In elementary school I was picked on all the time but I fought those bullys on a consistant basis. I was never pushed around by those rejects, you win some you lose some right?! I do not advocate stupidity though and I guess for some of us stupidity is also subjective. I think fighting over name calling is stupid but a lot of my friends don't. Does that make me right or wrong? Who knows. I do know what works for me though. If you are that weak of a person where words are gonna crush your self esteem or hurt your feeling/s then maybe I should be paying taxes to put you out of my misery? Fighting usually just causes pain and dicomfort, rarely ever does it accomplish anything beacuse as we all know people are pretty stubborn. I've never come across a person ignorant enough to fight you over meaningless shit ever be deterred from kicking your ass again because you bested them. It doesn't always work out by "making examples" out of people. You do however have to do that in the joint otherwise you will be taken advantage of. No white person that minded their own business and didn't have a fucked up crime ever had any problems avoiding conflict.

I do however believe in stronger laws and I like the idea of punishment. I think the familys of the victims or the victims themselves should be dealing out the punishment and not our sanctioned goverment. Not everyone is deterred from crime even though the punishment is harsh because some people just do not care. Prison makes sense to me to house some people as they are worthless and contribute nothing to society. I don't think I should be executed because I got caught with some drugs! That is a rediculous concept. Punishment needs to be more severe but logical in application.

I got charges pressed against me for kicking this kids ass in middle school when he repeatedly called me names and was pushing me around. That kind of pussy mentality is common in Colorado and it makes me not want to fight people unless I have to because I did my time and am not interested in doing any more. No one except my family is worth my freedom! That is why I think some people have a problem accepting loss. My philosophy is sometimes it takes a bigger man to walk away than to engae in physical combat. If I have no ther option but to fight then I will but only then will it ever be an option. If I can kick you in the junk and then run chances are I will because self preservation is my main instinct! Plus people carry guns and knives and will pull them on you when they think they are gonna get their ass kicked. Fighting like I have metioned rarely accomplishes anything!

I wasn't asking for validation from you guys/gals, but merely asking your opinions. This is an environment where you are supposed to give your opnions! Excuse me for being curious.

#299553 - 01/19/08 04:18 AM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: hellbent666]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
 Originally Posted By: hellbent666
I wasn't asking for validation from you guys/gals, but merely asking your opinions. This is an environment where you are supposed to give your opnions! Excuse me for being curious.

It must be hard for you to share your opinions with us pricks.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements