Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#29963 - 03/05/04 06:54 AM God or not god?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Let me ask you a question. If you had the choice (and I'm sure everybody here has) to either live an "ordinary" and "moderate" life (that's not to say your life would be poor otherwise, just simple) with your loved ones in, say, a small forest gottage(that's my ideal place for peace, anyways) undisturbed by the rest of the world and so on(...utopia, I know, but let's imagine), or to be the king of the hill, having ultimate power over everyone and everything, being able to deside about everybodys' destiny, which one would you choose? Really? Would you have anything against living without all the modern gadgets, or would you feel an urge for the developement of humankind and man's brains? I know this is a rather naiive question, but please try be open and think about it. Myself, I'd go for either. World domination or a totally happy, simple life. I'm much rather happy than right.

Note: I'm not a hippie(hippy... how exactly do you spell it?). When talking about an absurd thing like happiness, I'm referring to everybody's own thoughts of happiness, not the world peace etc.

#29964 - 03/05/04 07:05 AM Sorry family, I have an urge to reign and dictate.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wouldn't mind making people do things to make their own lives better. Fascism done right.

Hail Satan!

#29965 - 03/05/04 07:17 AM Re: God or not god?
Doogie Offline
CoS Member

Loc: London, England
If your aiming for your 'Total Environment' then I think you take a bit of both. But like they say "too much of a good thing is bad for you", so sooner or later you'll end up trying to kill everyone in the cottage. And, as for being able to decide everyone's destiny…. I do believe the herd problem has been solved!!

Hail Satan!

#29966 - 03/05/04 08:56 AM Re: God or not god? [Re: Doogie]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I made that post in a hurry at school, which is the worst possible kind of mistake to do, since the idea of these message boards is to let people take their time and write with thought, and I forgot to mention something about where I was going with it. The idea I had in my mind was to find out how you are planning to spend your life; will you always be reaching for the highest possible position or are you someday going to just "settle" for what you have and take it easy? Asking this would be a total waste of time, unless I knew that in today's society making progress asks for real trouble and talents, and that some people just can't keep up with the pace. I suppose here is where the talent is at, though. I don't know of any Satanist(or almost any other kind of a human), who would simply give up when times are tough, but giving up the dream of a great life is not what I mean, it's more like "half of the cake is better than no cake". Hope you get what I'm after.

#29967 - 03/05/04 10:05 AM Re: Sorry family, I have an urge to reign and dictate.
Shylock Offline

Loc: Tiki Land
Ahh, yes, I think my boyfriend knows how I'd answer this one too.."You always think you're right"..."Damn it, Dale, I am right!!!"

--The Royal Me

#29968 - 03/05/04 11:35 AM Re: God or not god?
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I would choose the small forest gottage... as long as there is high speed internet connection and it's at least inside the range of one Pizza delivery service.

#29969 - 03/05/04 01:39 PM Re: God or not god?
Stanton_Vetalas Offline

Loc: Teh 518
I think you can do both.

(Both the moderate life and the king of the hill I mean)

Edited by MentalPause (03/05/04 01:41 PM)

#29970 - 03/05/04 03:19 PM Re: God or not god?
Wonka Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The City of Red Lights
I think the Deros have the best plan.

#29971 - 03/05/04 05:06 PM Re: God or not god?
Max Rose Offline

I would pick god... why infact, I DO PICK GOD! Soon you will feel your own control slipping to be replaced by my ineffable will.

Cheers!

#29972 - 03/05/04 05:44 PM Re: Sorry family, I have an urge to reign and dictate.
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Quote:

I wouldn't mind making people do things to make their own lives better. Fascism done right.

Hail Satan!

George? George Bush? Is that you?
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#29973 - 03/05/04 05:46 PM Re: God or not god?
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
All in all, the choices don't seem equal. I view one as being fundamentally superior than the other.

The King of the world would be able to live a "moderate" life whenever he wishes (for a day, week, month, years) for he's the King of the world and what he says goes. The man living the "moderate" life can not simply choose to be King of the world for any span of time.

One choice offers both options, the other choice offers only one.

#29974 - 03/05/04 06:01 PM Re: God or not god?
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
If I'm happy, I AM the king of the hill. I'll choose the cottage. I wouldn't want to clean up after everybodies shit. Ruling the world would be an anoying responsibility.

But I also think that I DO have power over certain peoples destinies.

Edited by johnharperjr (03/05/04 06:03 PM)

#29975 - 03/05/04 06:12 PM Re: God or not god?
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I would much rather rule the world than simply be alive. Sure, a small happy life could be nice, but where is the excitement? Just like it says in the Satanic Bible, What is love without hate? If you live the same constant life everyday, it will eventually get boring and there will simply be no point to it. You will never be completely happy.

I could not only make my life happier (And afford to pay for all my fun little fetishs), but I could enhance the lives of those around me. People would have somebody to look up to, see me high up on the pyramid of power, and then they would have something to strive for. With their inevitable need to gain power, human evolution will take place and man will take one more step in the right (Or left )direction. I could have everything I ever wanted, buy the education I could never afford, and, of course, Kill George Bush, whom is the obvious hater of freedom in America!!!!

#29976 - 03/05/04 09:49 PM Re: Sorry family, I have an urge to reign and dictate. [Re: Dan_Dread]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Oh, that is some funny stuff, Dan.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#29977 - 03/05/04 09:54 PM Re: God or not god? [Re: Mason_Rust]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Dan, for thousands of years it's been recognized that tyrants don't have the option of just picking up and hiding out somewhere for a relaxing weekend away from the office.

A tyrant has liabilities that someone of modest inclinations just doesn't have.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43874 Topics
405554 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements