Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#299768 - 01/20/08 01:16 AM "Demon" Possession & Exorcisms...
Dammarval Offline
Praise Allah

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
There are many supposed documented cases of demonic possessions and exorcisms all over the world, documenting demon personalities that were able to speak multiple known languages, and seem to have individual characteristics...Can someone who is a CoS member share with me what is your view of it in regards to the philosophies of the Church? How would one account for these happenings?

Thank you.

#299769 - 01/20/08 01:31 AM Re: "Demon" Possession & Exorcisms... [Re: Dammarval]
Seeker Of Wisdom Offline

Loc: Buckholts, Tx
This is my personal belief. I believe that "demonic possession" occurs when a person practices abstinence to such a degree that they have no release. Or they refrain from certain actions out of fear of the church or other authority figures. The desires that this person has are then left to boil in their subconscious with no ability for release. These desires become so strong that it begins to strain at the seams ready to burst, like an over-filled water ballon stretched to its limit. But, their fear still holds "them" in submission, so they create an alternate personality that has the ability to fulfill the compulsions(no longer in the indulgence range). They turn to the churches enemy for inspiration, this Satan, this rebel angel.... they form in their subconscious mind a Christians "Demonic personality", complete opposite of themselves. Then they allow it to surface. Sometimes slowly, most of the time overnight, because like the over-filled water balloon if you pop a small hole in it, it's all going to try to come out. It's really sad that if they had just indulged themselves every now and then, the beast within wouldn't have become so feral. So take your beast for a walk, rub its belly now and then; because a happy beast with a full belly is so much easier to maintain then a starving one. HS!

"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere."
Groucho Marx

"Sex is legal, Selling is legal, why isn't selling sex legal?"
George Carlin

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"~ The Addams Family Crede

"We all have different desires and needs, but if we don't discover what we want from ourselves and what we stand for, we will live passively and unfulfilled."
Bill Watterson

#299778 - 01/20/08 02:11 AM Re: "Demon" Possession & Exorcisms... [Re: Seeker Of Wisdom]
Never Offline

Loc: Skien, Norway
I agree with Seeker of Wisdom.

Demonic Possesions are a result of either a attention-seeking unconciouness or loosing yourself to such a degree that you can`t see yourself again.

Does anyone know any numbers connecting child-abuse to Demonic Possesion?

#299783 - 01/20/08 02:28 AM Re: "Demon" Possession & Exorcisms... [Re: Never]
Max Faust Offline
Banned

Loc: Ultima Thule
I think that "demon possession" is merely a superstitious interpretation of a situation which is real enough, but also open to other possible explanations of psychology. I have a book called "Demons!" by Anthony Finlay which is arguing for the actual existence of "supernatural, mental forces" but his agenda is clear enough as he is a Catholic pater. However, the book is quite interesting for a couple of questions that it raises.

#299795 - 01/20/08 04:42 AM Re: "Demon" Possession & Exorcisms... [Re: Dammarval]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
Believe in "possessions" if you want, getting an opinion from a church member wont make up your mind on the matter, unless you're that easily swayed.

I am personally full out doubt because I've never experienced anything like that, maybe aside from wailing Christians rolling around on the floor, but that's nothing out of the ordinary. \:D

The answer you seek wont have a general agreement among members on the existence of possessions, but if I did have to guess, I'd say most didn't "believe" in possessions. But again, not like it really matters, if you want to experience something like that, seek it out yourself instead of speculating on the internet.

Edited by Wolf Landon (01/20/08 04:43 AM)

#299796 - 01/20/08 05:21 AM Re: "Demon" Possession & Exorcisms... [Re: Dammarval]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Mental illness bolstered by lack of correct interpretation and diagnosis on account of delusional belief systems.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#299848 - 01/20/08 11:36 AM Re: "Demon" Possession & Exorcisms... [Re: Dammarval]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
The act of "possession" implies some kind of spiritual mumbo-jumbo, and you'll find that Satanism doesn't entertain spiritual mumbo-jumbo in any realistic fashion.*

With that caveat aside, I can only suggest that you pay close attention to any evidence put forth for "possession" and be sure that it keeps step with reason. Anecdotes can be intriguing, but alone, they are not enough to reasonably consider fantastic events.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan.

*The ritual chamber being an exception, left up to the discretion of individual Satanists, however, there's a line between psychodrama and unfounded belief.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a personís faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#299854 - 01/20/08 11:47 AM Re: "Demon" Possession & Exorcisms... [Re: Dammarval]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
 Quote:
How would one account for these happenings?

Mental illness.

Lack of personal responsibility.

Religious industry.

Never fail to look at who is doing the alleged "documenting."

The clergy have a vested interest in the reality of possession because it keeps them in business.

The "possessed" have a vested interest in order to either deny their mental illness or claim to be non-responsible for actions done while allegedly possessed.

The media wants a good story to sell.

The publisher wants to sell books.

Want to know who I'd believe? If a legitimate shrink, making money doing basic counseling work said "I need to quit because it isn't mental illness, it is demons, and now I'm going on food stamps."

Them I might believe--after having their head examined!

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#299861 - 01/20/08 11:56 AM Re: "Demon" Possession & Exorcisms... [Re: Seeker Of Wisdom]
Dead Roses Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
What a great hypothesis! Bravo. I'm impressed.

Slava Satani!

#299869 - 01/20/08 12:26 PM Re: "Demon" Possession & Exorcisms... [Re: Dammarval]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Dammarval
Can someone who is a CoS member share with me what is your view of it in regards to the philosophies of the Church?

What are your views regarding exorcisms?

And why particularly a member of the CoS has to answer to this?

#299873 - 01/20/08 12:47 PM Re: "Demon" Possession & Exorcisms... [Re: Dammarval]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
Demonic possession? Misdiagnosed mental illness.

However, if you're inclined to believe such nonsense, there is a book called 'Hostage to the Devil', written by Malachi Martin that you might find interesting.

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#299880 - 01/20/08 01:14 PM Re: "Demon" Possession & Exorcisms... [Re: Callier]
Skully Offline

Loc: London, UK
I'm not an expert in this matter, but believe in a miracle of human body. Most of the time "demonic possesion" could be explained by mental illness or over-active imagination on part of the "recipient". But then, there are cases when they start speaking different languages, changing voice, etc. Strange it may sound, but do we really know human body? Under enormous pressure and stress people do amazing things when defending their offspring or saving themselves in danger. And we only use something like 30% of our brains. What happens with the rest of it? We are exposed to ginormous amount of information that just gets lost in the brains and doesn't resurface in normal sircumstances. You may never be aware what languages you have been exposed to through media and such, but it might just stay at the furtherst corner of your brain. It takes an extraodinary pressure and stress to open up that little door and "release the demon", or something supressed and waiting to get out. Well, that's my opinion. and I won't lose any sleep over it.

#299881 - 01/20/08 01:27 PM Re: "Demon" Possession & Exorcisms... [Re: Dammarval]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
 Quote:

There are many supposed documented cases of demonic possessions and exorcisms all over the world, documenting demon personalities that were able to speak multiple known languages, and seem to have individual characteristics...

Could you perhaps give us some examples then? Everything I've seen on the subject thus far make me doubt that there is any truth to it at all.

#299884 - 01/20/08 02:06 PM Re: "Demon" Possession & Exorcisms... [Re: Mr Avarice]
Mr. Luthor Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ohio
People desperate for attention will fabricate any story that will be listened to.

It just so happens, that a large number of Christian leeches would love to feed on their garbage; Quite possibly, in the hope that they can scare more of the general population into believing in their fairy tale.

-Mr. Luthor

#299885 - 01/20/08 02:09 PM Re: "Demon" Possession & Exorcisms... [Re: Dammarval]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Are there "documented cases"? Yes, meaning somebody wrote down something that they attributed to demonic possession. There are likewise "docmented cases" of kids seeing Santa Claus at the mall.

Do the symptoms of demonic possession actually read much different from treatable medical conditions, such as schizophrenia? Perhaps combined with religious indoctrination, and a bored individual wanting attention and entertainment in their lives? No.

My view as a Satanist? If you can explain something without having to bring in riduclous notions of souls and demons and other metaphysics, then I take the simple solution. I know people like to bullshit themselves because it makes the story more exciting, but self-deceit is one of the Satanic sins.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12200 Members
73 Forums
43984 Topics
406068 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements