Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#300027 - 01/20/08 11:47 PM Re: Satanism in the UK [Re: alvinacrowe]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

You have received a plethora of replies covering different aspects of a subject that surfaces quite often: how do I meet other Satanists?

This is understandable. You may find that you possibly have met one or two, they just didn't think it was necessary to reveal themselves. One trait you will find that is found in Satanists is that of being self possessed. Time is valuable and precious, so we are careful as to whom we spend it with.

You may also find that if put it out here (so to speak) that you want to meet other Satanists you'll encounter people you never want to see again. Remember, there are different strata within our ranks. There is no guarantee that you will get along with another simply because they claim to be a Satanist.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#300112 - 01/21/08 11:20 AM Re: Satanism in the UK [Re: Old_Pig]
alvinacrowe Offline

Yes understandable. Apologies about the joke, I thought you were being rude or were you? hehe.

#300113 - 01/21/08 11:21 AM Re: Satanism in the UK [Re: Scion]
alvinacrowe Offline

Yes I couldn`t get into Satan Speaks, a pity really.

#300116 - 01/21/08 11:26 AM Re: Satanism in the UK [Re: Bill_M]
alvinacrowe Offline

I am simply interested in Satanisms effect in the UK. It is all good and well chatting away to a stranger on the internet about Satanism but the real thing? Now that would interesting, someone you can have an intelligent conversation with. Magic circle? Well I have met some right losers who claim to be into Satanism who haven`t a clue (just an example) I wasn`t saying that every occultist is a Satanist and vice versa of course.

#300128 - 01/21/08 12:10 PM Re: Satanism in the UK [Re: alvinacrowe]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
 Originally Posted By: alvinacrowe
Yes understandable. Apologies about the joke, I thought you were being rude or were you? hehe.

I try not to be rude, but some times thing I write are interpreted a such, because emotions are not always correctly expressed over the Internet. There is no need to apologize.

#308186 - 02/19/08 10:53 PM Re: Satanism in the UK [Re: Old_Pig]
Doctor_Beat Offline
CoS Member

I am in the UK, and I have met a 'fellow' Satanist.
I didn't see fit to tell him that I was a Satanist, because of the fact that he decided to tell me pretty much out of the blue that he was.
If it had come up in a different context, I might well have told him, and maybe even had an interesting discussion with him.
The fact that he practically boasted to me that he was a Satanist, as if his desire was to impress me, made me bite my tongue.

Another, less depressing incident occurred quite recently. I was visiting a friend of a friend and one of our group mentioned the Satanic Bible because they saw it amongst his books.

He actually seemed to have read the book, and explained a few of the basic ideas behind Satanism.
Although I was pleased that he actually seemed to be intelligent and understand the concept of Satanism, I was most impressed by the matter of fact way in which he spoke- no sensationalism or attempts to impress.

He said that the book was 'mostly common sense' and The Doktor 'seemed to know what he was on about', but then told us that although it had made interesting reading, he was not a Satanist.

I liked that, and found it refreshing. I didn't reveal myself as a Satanist, because the other people there were not people with whom I wished to discuss Satanism.

So, there you go.
One Satanist who I would never have told, and one non- Satanist who I probably would have told if the circumstances had been different.

Both people have met me and even talked about Satanism, yet both are still oblivious to the fact that I am a Satanist.

If you want to meet a Satanist, then you are looking in the wrong place if you think you will find them in occult circles.

Satanism isn't a 'club'.

#308840 - 02/23/08 04:14 AM Re: Satanism in the UK [Re: alvinacrowe]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
Well I am a Satanist and in the UK, but don't make a habit of revealing it to all and sundry - in fact outside of the few CoS members I have interacted with here in Blighty I have never told ANYONE of my affiliations!

I would also suggest as Satanism is a religion of the individual the 'strength of Satanism in the UK' is down to each individual in their own situation.

Clearly I find Satanism a positive and productive tool in my life or I wouldn't bother identifying with it!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
44001 Topics
406140 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements