Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#299013 - 01/16/08 10:45 PM Re: Abortion [Re: dragondancer]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
 Quote:
I am not telling anyone they should have an abortion and I don't think anyone should tell me I shouldn't.

I totally agree with that statement. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#299029 - 01/17/08 12:05 AM Re: Abortion [Re: AurEum]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
 Quote:
Are you suggestion that abortion be used instead of birth control or just saying that the chances of pregnancy are higher for this group?

Just saying the chances are higher.

#299037 - 01/17/08 12:43 AM Re: Abortion [Re: Saraflare]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

There's another kind of IUD called a mirena IUD (I might have spelled it wrong). Apparently it's more user-friendly than the copper IUDs and it's commonly recommended to young women in lieu of a sterilization.

They last about five years.

I'm sure there are problems associated with them too, I just mention it as another option.

#299046 - 01/17/08 02:45 AM Re: Abortion [Re: AurEum]
Never Offline

Loc: Skien, Norway
 Originally Posted By: ealaiontoir
I've known a few guys who have tried to "trap" their partner by getting her pregnant.

Dude, that`s weak!

Personally, I don`t see how legal abortion could be a problem.
If you don`t wanna, don`t! Atleast you`ll have a choise!

#299050 - 01/17/08 03:54 AM Re: Abortion [Re: AurEum]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
I agree that this method seems easier. Sorry guys, but being an ambitious single girl, I'm not that trusting. I've known a few guys who have tried to "trap" their partner by getting her pregnant.

From my experience it's the other way around (as happened to someone in my family).

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#299221 - 01/17/08 05:12 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Scion]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
 Originally Posted By: Scion
From my experience it's the other way around (as happened to someone in my family).

Me too. I've see it happen to a few guys, sometimes with the woman admitting it later. It's generally easier for a woman to pull off such a despicable act too, as a cease of taking the pill or sabotaging a diaphragm isn't noticable as wearing no condom. While I don't deny the existence of cases where it's the man secretly trying to impregnate the woman in order to keep her from leaving, I've never known of any cases personally.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#299257 - 01/17/08 08:35 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Bill_M]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

I've known both women and men who have tried to trap their partner through pregnancy. The guy I know (not a friend, just someone I know from high school) poked holes in a condom with a safety pin. In the heat of the moment and possibly dim lighting I wouldn't inspect the condom, so I can't say the girl should have known better. ... but that's also one of the reasons for using 2 methods of contraception.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#299295 - 01/18/08 12:53 AM Re: Abortion [Re: AurEum]
hellbent666 Offline
Banned

Loc: Colorado
If you are un able to take care of a child or not even willing then you should utilize the many methods of birth control. I've never had a condom break in all the years I've been having sex. Responsability to the responsable!

I on the other hand will never be ready for a child so I'm just gonna go get fixed and thus fix the problem.

It's also not my Uterus, so do whatever the hell you want with it just don't use it to remedy your fuck ups due to promiscuity. The whoops I'm pregnant so now I'm gonna go get an abortion complex is far too prevelant. Abortion should only be used as a last resort. It should never be used as a $500.00 contraceptive!

#299298 - 01/18/08 01:04 AM Re: Abortion [Re: AurEum]
WolfMoon Offline

The Satanic stance on this would be up to the individual. I know that Dr. LaVey had his own thoughts on this which he presented in Satan Speaks.

#299851 - 01/20/08 11:42 AM Re: Abortion [Re: Maqlu]
Seeker Of Wisdom Offline

Loc: Buckholts, Tx
 Originally Posted By: Maqlu
There's another kind of IUD called a mirena IUD (I might have spelled it wrong). Apparently it's more user-friendly than the copper IUDs and it's commonly recommended to young women in lieu of a sterilization.

They last about five years.

I'm sure there are problems associated with them too, I just mention it as another option.

My mate had one of those put in after she gave birth to our daughter. It has worked wonders and is alot more convenient of a birth control than a condom or the pill. I'd highly recommend it and it does last for 5 years, given nothing goes wrong.

"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere."
Groucho Marx

"Sex is legal, Selling is legal, why isn't selling sex legal?"
George Carlin

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"~ The Addams Family Crede

"We all have different desires and needs, but if we don't discover what we want from ourselves and what we stand for, we will live passively and unfulfilled."
Bill Watterson

#299871 - 01/20/08 12:40 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Seeker Of Wisdom]
Muse Offline

CoS Member

Loc: In Your Dreams
The risks associated with an IUD include infection, perforation of the cervix and/or uterus during "rough" sex, and hemorrhage. Also, if a woman has a weight gain or loss of 10 pounds or more, she should be re-fit for her IUD (as with a diaphragm). Women may also experience more severe cramping during her menstrual cycle with an IUD in place. I realize that an IUD may be a last resort for women who cannot take hormones, just make sure that you or your loved one knows the risks that are associated and do what you can to protect against them.

Just a little unsolicited free medical advice. Next time, I'm sending a bill!
(Currently on hiatus while I attend to grad school, but I have every intention of bringing the show back when the time is right!)

The holy trinity: Me, Myself, and I.

"Does anyone ever realize life while they are living it? Every, every minute?"
- Emily, Our Town, by Thornton Wilder

"Life's like a ballgame. You gotta take a swing at whatever comes along before you wake up and find it's the ninth inning." ~Vera (Ann Savage) in Detour

#300261 - 01/21/08 09:04 PM Re: Abortion [Re: tovasshi]
Top Cat Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
A point of view that I find both agreeable and realistic.

#300270 - 01/21/08 09:59 PM Re: Abortion [Re: AurEum]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis

4) I'm undecided, which is why I posted. It has been helpful to hear others' opinions and explanations.

“I am undecided”. Would it surprise you if I suggested that this is the wisest decision of all…on this, or any other issue? Should this decision become pressing for you, on a personal level, you have no idea what factors will have to be taken into consideration. If you ask my stance on most issues, my answer will be, “it depends on the circumstances, the situation and which decision benefits me.”

Read page 30, in The Satanic Bible…The Book of Satan I. What difference does it make if the writer of the dogma is an ancient scribe, the present day Pope or me, at some arbitrary point in the past? People are always binding themselves with self made creeds, dogmas and pre-fabricated opinions. Until a concrete decisions needs to be made, “I am undecided” seems the only rational choice.

That being said, principles are another matter. May I share a few of mine? I and my family come first. For me, personally, this is a package deal. I am an individual. I have a life, separate from my wife and son and I am self-reliant. I also know that I need my family. That is my indulgence. I am also loyal to my tribe. I am clannish. If someone is truly my friend, I will not screw them over…no exceptions. And, I am most decidedly pro-life. With those principles as my guide, paradoxically, there may be times when life may be taken. I eat meat, but I love animals. An animal will die; but, I will try my best not to waste the meat. There may even be times, because of my principles, when an abortion may be the best choice. My sister has had 2 or 3. Because of her sense of shame, she has not told me, all these years later. She told my wife.

My sister is impulsive. She has made some bad choices. She could not afford the children she already had. She was in a very bad place when she got pregnant.

It seemed likely that the quality of her life, her children’s life and the new life that would result from her pregnancies would be diminished. Perhaps, ironically, not giving birth was more life affirming. I do not know. At the time, for her, that was the reality. A pre-fabricated stance on abortion may have been devastating.

Undecided…open to consider all sides of a given situation…not bound by creed… That sounds right to me. Hell, it even sounds downright satanic, don’t you think?

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#300635 - 01/22/08 10:16 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Yes, it originally surprised me that you suggested being undecided to be the wisest decision, probably because I'm so accustomed to having beliefs shoved down my throat. The freedom is part of what I love about Satanisim, I am free to be who I am (and the few constraints that exist are beneficial).

Thank you for sharing your principles. Your dedication to family and friends is truly respectable.

When you define "undecided" as "open to consider all sides of a given situation" it does have a bit of a Satanic ring to it. So for once in my life, I take joy in being indecisive.

#300729 - 01/23/08 08:42 AM Re: Abortion [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Auge Offline

Loc: Germany
The message of pro-life is, that abortion is always bad. Pro-choice's message, however, isn't that abortion is always good, but that it is always good to have a choice, taking into account that apodictically true laws governing this matter can't exist, since we don't know what life is or when a fetus develops it.

Great discussion, the best about this topic I witnessed so far.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406132 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements