Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#300677 - 01/23/08 03:15 AM A Question Of Some Consequence
Max Faust Offline
Banned

Loc: Ultima Thule
I name myself "atheist".

I do this because I will not allow ANY room for "believers" to get their greasy, little fingers into my self-space to bring on their smart arsed "discussion" of faith, which to me is ultimately a question of existential submission.

However, I feel doubt.

Are you REALLY an atheist if you believe in yourself as being the creator of the Godhead?

#300679 - 01/23/08 03:26 AM Re: A Question Of Some Consequence [Re: Max Faust]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
 Quote:
I do this because I will not allow ANY room for "believers" to get their greasy, little fingers into my self-space to bring on their smart arsed "discussion" of faith, which to me is ultimately a question of existential submission.

However, I feel doubt.

Are you REALLY an atheist if you believe in yourself as being the creator of the Godhead?

My question would be WHY do you care what 'believers' think of you? Furthermore, why would you engage in a debate/conversation about faith? Why would you do such a thing? It's futile and non-productive.

What are you doubtful about? I create My own destiny. I am responsible for My actions and deeds on this earth. I am GOD. I refuse to debate that with others. I know what I know and that is what matters in the end.

I care not what others feel/think/assume/ about My religion. I live My life and expect them to live theirs.

I must add this as it is an observation of mine, please do not take offense, but I feel as a lot of your questions, essays, etc. are baiting questions.

Care to elaborate?

a·the·ist /ˈeɪθiɪst/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ey-thee-ist] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.
[Origin: 1565–75; < Gk áthe(os) godless + -ist]

—Synonyms Atheist, agnostic, infidel, skeptic refer to persons not inclined toward religious belief or a particular form of religious belief. An atheist is one who denies the existence of a deity or of divine beings. An agnostic is one who believes it impossible to know anything about God or about the creation of the universe and refrains from commitment to any religious doctrine. Infidel means an unbeliever, especially a nonbeliever in Islam or Christianity. A skeptic doubts and is critical of all accepted doctrines and creeds.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#300694 - 01/23/08 04:44 AM Re: A Question Of Some Consequence [Re: Evil_Eve]
Max Faust Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: Evil_Eve
Care to elaborate?

Certainly.

First off, I very rarely take offence over what other people may or may not think about me. This is their perogative. It is of little relevance or consequence to me anyway. If and when I take offence, it is usually when I am facing blatantly and intentionally insulting statements from people that I care about. (You know, as in the wonderful world of LUV ;\) ...)

Anyway, I am a philosopher and a writer. By virtue of the philosophical method, I am more or less every day facing questions of a nature which beckons "belief" (or the opposite). I like to bout with topics that are on the limits of what is humanly possible to grasp and understand - but since I am not alone in this world, I like to hear points of view that are (preferably) different from my own, because this is really the only way to learn something new about something old.

As I also have stated, I believe this to be a bit of a perversion, to have an inquiring mind that needs to challenge and be challenged. I understand of course that very few people are like that. It can perhaps be likened to having a passion for art, for the creation of beauty, and the techniques for achieving this, except this is purely abstract.

I will never entirely dismiss somebody just because they have this or that "faith". I rather see that as a mental perversion that can some times even be amusing to study in action. (The sadist in me enjoys to see people squirm when faced with unfamiliar concepts - but I try to not bother the non-interested, the innocent and the mentally retarded with this.)

What I like the most about THIS forum is that the people here are never afraid to state their opinions and convictions, nor are they prone to be afraid of strange and unusual thinking. In many ways, LttD represents "reality" in this question, insofar that you can pretty much relax in the certainity that nobody here will ever just accept some arbirtrary statement without questioning - which in my opinion is the greatest flaw of all and any "believer".

#300697 - 01/23/08 05:13 AM Re: A Question Of Some Consequence [Re: Max Faust]
shadowraven213 Offline

Please provide the definition of both "atheist" and "godhead", as I am unsure of what these terms mean to you.

Also explain exactly what is meant by "creator of the godhead"

Thanks.

#300718 - 01/23/08 07:53 AM Re: A Question Of Some Consequence [Re: Max Faust]
ShadowDragon Offline

Loc: Where I have Always Been
 Quote:

Exactly what is to stop them from trying to do so anyways?

I think it's primarily a matter of who it is.

A Christian is more then likely to preach to you, Atheist or anything else religion wise for that matter.

There might be a good bit less controversy, but in the end, the controversy is pretty well the only difference.

To a Christian if you're not saved, then their on a mission to save your "soul". \:\/

To Light a Candle,is to Cast a Shadow.

#300725 - 01/23/08 08:22 AM Re: A Question Of Some Consequence [Re: Max Faust]
Auge Offline

Loc: Germany
I call myself an apathetic agnostic. I don't know for sure whether or not there is a good. If there were agood and it would really be the perfect (and perfectly moral) being, it wouldn't ask of me to worship it. All it would want me to do is to live a good life, which I would do anyway. So I don't have to care about it. If I find out it exists, then it will be pleased, if I find out it does not exist, Then only I will be pleased, which is good enough.

I found that this argument satisfied all believers I came across in my life. My "confession" that I don't know about god doesn't give anyone any room to get their hands on my mind because I really thought this through. I've seen all the proofs of god and I've seen them all crumble to nothing. If it does't, then what would satisfy them anyway?

I don't need to call myself an atheist to protect me against believers or their debates. Believers can't tackle my mind, because my thoughts on this are rock solid. Besides that, I like debates and even when I don't, I just say "I don't want to debate this" and that's the end of the story.

I hope that helps you. And I second shadowraven213's question.

#300738 - 01/23/08 09:28 AM Re: A Question Of Some Consequence [Re: Max Faust]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
If this is a "question of some consequence"....

Then what ARE the consequences of answering yes, or no?

What difference does it make?

#300786 - 01/23/08 11:56 AM Re: A Question Of Some Consequence [Re: reprobate]
Ghorth6 Offline

Loc: War-Celona, sPAIN
Whenever I'm being asked about my beliefs, I plain and simply tell whoever is asking me that my beliefs are for myself. They're not a bussiness of anybody else, as Satanism is something very personal and real to me. Most of the people don't have a clue about anything, and even less about Satanism. I'm certainly not wasting my time trying to explain something as personal and complex as my belief to somebody who possibly isn't even able to understand a simple T.V. ad.

H.S.

All I Hail, Hail me back!

#300795 - 01/23/08 12:26 PM Re: A Question Of Some Consequence [Re: Max Faust]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
 Originally Posted By: Max Faust
I name myself "atheist".

However, I feel doubt.

Common sense: Apply directly to the forehead!

#300797 - 01/23/08 12:29 PM Re: A Question Of Some Consequence [Re: Ghorth6]
Dead Roses Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
I don't even get into such discussions anymore.

''Do not teach the pig how to sing. It is useless and annoys the pig.'' - Herr Doktor (if I remember correctly...).

And if an individual is still trying to pick my brain about what I believe in, he would rather have the answers to his questions delivered by me - immeadiately - than read the literature I refer to when engaging in any further discussion in the first place.

I really feel no need to explain anything, let alone 'apologize', to those pathetic dimwits.

After all, I don't need them. And neither do you.

The only thing for which the majority of the Earth's denizens is good for is manipulation, anyway.

We have a word in Croatia by which we refer to such cattle:

>>MARVA<<

#300803 - 01/23/08 12:47 PM Re: A Question Of Some Consequence [Re: Max Faust]
Max Faust Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: Max Faust

Actually, THIS was the question.

Godhead = the divine nature, or essence. (Mirriam-Webster)

Most atheists believe that "man is the creator of God" - as do I. (I am however sympathetic with both agnosticism and "apatheism" - the latter being a pseudo-scientific word for "I couldn't care less".) This idea has to come from somewhere, even if "only" own imagination. So what is the divine nature, or essence, then? Is is a higher consciousness? What can account for the similarity in structure of most "mystical experiences" of this kind?

Can an atheist believe in the self as creator of the Godhead (understood as the mystical experience itself, not the inclination to believe or disbelieve in actual existence of deities) - or will that concept have to be discarded alltogether as nonsense and neurotic hallucinations? I do not personally believe in "God" as an objective reality, but there can be little doubt that this idea is quite powerful and that it must at the very least be considered as a subjective reality which is motivating people to DO things, both for this and that reason.

Edited by Max Faust (01/23/08 01:00 PM)
Edit Reason: Left out a rather essential thing.

#300804 - 01/23/08 12:57 PM Re: A Question Of Some Consequence [Re: RandomStranger]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Random Stranger...I am glad someone around here has finally got the balls to use a picture of a TRUE Satanist as an avatar. Well done!

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#300820 - 01/23/08 01:33 PM Re: A Question Of Some Consequence [Re: Max Faust]
Auge Offline

Loc: Germany
In the absence of knowledge, both theism and atheism are equally unfounded.

The idea of ideals, an ideal some people label god (not its actual existence), I think, comes naturally to us. It is part of our nature. You can supress it, but it won't help. You should learn how to make good use of it. It's a part of your reason, don't let religious freaks usurp your reason, it makes you human.

#300825 - 01/23/08 01:52 PM Re: A Question Of Some Consequence [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Thank you, sir!

I am enjoying making wall shadows in my attempt to simulate the media's true Satanist.

Maybe people will know I mean business... HIYAAAA!!!! (scowls and makes wall shadows)

#300833 - 01/23/08 02:04 PM Re: A Question Of Some Consequence [Re: RandomStranger]
BlasphemousOne Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut, USA
And don't forget to recite "Little bunny Foo-foo hopping through the forest..." backwards for it to work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
43870 Topics
405536 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements