Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#300851 - 01/23/08 02:45 PM My apology
Dammarval Offline
Praise Allah

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
If I had offended anyone in this forum, rest assured you have my sincerest apology. I never meant to be like that. Im not like that normally. Ive been put down, torn apart, and belittled by others in the world outside of my skin. Only if could be a roaring lion so I couldnt be intimidated and be stepped upon. Christians are not an exception that contributed to my horrible and painful experiential ordeals in my life. Like others, I do feel pain. My defense systems just go up automatically when I sense any hostility, founded or unfounded. Im from another country in the Orient, so, my cultural orientation and societal norms are somewhat different from those who are native to this big country. I have a lot to unlearn what I've learned. LaVeys philosophy caught my attention, and it is something I believe could help make me a stronger and better person who can contribute to the betterment of society, and better myself in the process.

I might have been directing my hatred for so many people all these time that I may have turned my anger inwards.

Edited by Dammarval (01/23/08 02:46 PM)

#300897 - 01/23/08 05:38 PM Re: My apology [Re: Dammarval]
Lust Offline

No matter your location. I suspect that you should expect random ass whippings! Nevermind your "apology". Just go away!

�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#300902 - 01/23/08 05:52 PM Re: My apology [Re: Lust]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Satanism doesn't exist to "fix" people, least of all if they are already "broken." If you have this many emotional problems in your life, and are tormented by such great "pain", then understanding and stuying Satanism should be the LEAST of your priorities. Don't blame Christians, don't blame your culture, don't blame the bullies that "put you down", blame only yourself for these things. If you do that you might stand a chance to help yourself.

It is one thing to be "intimidated" and "stepped on", but when you walk into anothers home, as a GUEST, expect nothing less but to be placed at their mercy. The wise respect those wiser then them, and on the topic of Satanism, there is none more learned then the Magisters/Magistras here who have dedicated their very lives to LIVING the Satanic philosophy. (Yes, that actually is more important then just reading about it a lot, since that is the point.) They deserve the upmost respect, as this is THEIR home...the rest of us are simply guests here.

((Obviously, this wasn't directed to you, Tier Instinct...neglected to use the "reply" button, once again...))

Edited by Phosis (01/23/08 05:53 PM)

#300903 - 01/23/08 06:06 PM Re: My apology [Re: TheDegenerate]
Lust Offline

What happens if I do not use the reply "button"? Why did you reply to my post? Were you looking for my attention?
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�

#300904 - 01/23/08 06:16 PM Re: My apology [Re: Lust]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
I just typed that post into the box on the bottom. It is an automatic reply to the very last person who posted. An all too common mistake.

#300905 - 01/23/08 06:17 PM Re: My apology [Re: Dammarval]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

#300906 - 01/23/08 06:21 PM Re: My apology [Re: TheDegenerate]
Lust Offline

Okay, now it all makes sense! ;\)

#300910 - 01/23/08 06:51 PM Re: My apology [Re: Dammarval]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
I'm reading a lot of excuses and not much of interest.

#300912 - 01/23/08 06:53 PM Re: My apology [Re: Lust]
Dammarval Offline
Praise Allah

..."go away" as in leave the forum? Can you please clarify?

#300913 - 01/23/08 06:58 PM Re: My apology [Re: Dammarval]
Atrum Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: Dammarval
If I had offended anyone in this forum, rest assured you have my sincerest apology.

I think you should apologize DIRECTLY to Magistra Ygraine. The conduct exhibited in your responses was completely unwarranted and unjustified. After witnessing your candor on this forum thus far, I'm amazed that you are still here.

Edited by Atrum (01/24/08 06:36 AM)

#300931 - 01/23/08 07:38 PM Re: My apology [Re: Dammarval]
Lust Offline

No need to chat with the monkey.

No matter, you made my ignore list.

#300946 - 01/23/08 08:06 PM Re: My apology [Re: Atrum]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
I agree with you, Atrum.

(P.S. I just noticed your signature - That's a great movie! )
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#300948 - 01/23/08 08:09 PM Re: My apology [Re: Shade]
Atrum Offline
Banned

Thank you, Shade! 80's horror cult classics are among my favorite types of movies.

Edited by Atrum (01/24/08 06:29 AM)

#300953 - 01/23/08 08:31 PM Re: My apology [Re: Dammarval]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
"If" you have offended anyone? You can't be serious.

Many here have been tolerant of your questions, which in itself is somewhat surprising because the answers were easily attainable, had you put some effort into it. The kind have ignored you, the generous have answered them. Then you demonstrate your gratitude by behaving rudely and ignorantly towards a member of the clergy. It doesn't take much common sense to figure out that this is not a wise decision. I have not been swayed by your feeble attempt at an apology.

I also agree that Magistra Ygraine deserves a direct and prompt apology.

By the way, having a loud roar doesn't mean that you can't be intimidated or "stepped upon, " it simply means you have a loud roar. Those who posture the most frequently have the most to hide. Take responsibility for your behavior, the last thing needed is another scapegoat.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#300956 - 01/23/08 08:36 PM Re: My apology [Re: Dammarval]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
I cannot fathom what parts of "Go Away" could be misconstrued or could need more clarification.

Back to the books with you, Dammarval!

#300974 - 01/23/08 09:33 PM Re: My apology [Re: Dammarval]
Colonel Kurtz Offline
CoS Member

Just more proof that stupid is universal!

#300977 - 01/23/08 09:57 PM Re: My apology [Re: Dammarval]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
I'm not normally one to be against apologies by any and all means.

However,

As far as this situation is concerned (and I'll even go as far as to give you the benefit of the doubt because I haven't read your previous postings), this apology doesn't come across as crisp nor sincere. It's filled with one too many excuses, and seems as if you used it to unnecessarily admit the flaws and problems that you have. Overall, it doesn't hold much air.

#301003 - 01/24/08 12:33 AM Re: My apology [Re: Philotechnic]
Dammarval Offline
Praise Allah

As I've mentioned in my previous posting, I'm from another culture with different set of rules, norms, including how English is written and processed, and understood. Satanism is NOT exclusive to only this country for any particular person, be it Blue, Black, Yellow, or White, nor just to any particular ethnic group.

"Go Away" could mean "Away with you", or "To hell with you", or "Forget you", or "Screw you". To me, it's which? Besides semantics, if there's any part of me you couldn't understand, I'll be very happy to fill you in. No harm done. Maybe we can learn from each other's culture and grow. What do you say?

Edited by Dammarval (01/24/08 12:34 AM)

#301006 - 01/24/08 12:43 AM Re: My apology [Re: Colonel Kurtz]
Dammarval Offline
Praise Allah

...should be, "Just more proof that STUPIDITY is universal".

FYI.

Edited by Dammarval (01/24/08 12:45 AM)

#301007 - 01/24/08 12:51 AM Re: My apology [Re: G.F.V.]
Dammarval Offline
Praise Allah

I've made no excuses. Perhaps it's the way I write. Don't know what else I could say...

#301014 - 01/24/08 02:16 AM Re: My apology [Re: Dammarval]
ShadowDragon Offline

Loc: Where I have Always Been
Why apologize?

Apologizing changes nothing.

Not making the same mistakes, changes everything.

If you don't learn, you can't take action to change a thing.

You apparently have no Idea how to not live in the past. That is not Satanic at all.

I don't care about your apology, nor will I ever care about anyones apology. You can either learn to move forward or continue such a self destructive way of living.

There is no excuses. You either enjoy life, or you don't. Apparently, from what I see, you don't.

You can either stay and move ever forward with yourself, or you can go away, and continue to live in the past. That's completely your choice till you've crossed certain lines. It is that simple.

The thing is all you need do is pick up a simple book, read it, and compare what you read, to what you've experienced. Then the stuff you don't know, testing, researching, and actually experiencing (depending upon what it is) to find out what truly is and isn't.

There's only one reason to ever apologize, and one application of action to not make it an empty apology. To make someone feel better to suit your needs. To not make the same mistake twice if at all possible.

If I apologize to someone, the likely hood is that I like the individual enough to make an effort to make them happy. It usually ends up me being happy as well. Also basically that means, if there is some value to anyone I apologize to, then to me it is worth doing so. If there is no value to them, then I won't care at all.

However, I see no reason for an apology here. What I see is something to change, and then doing so is the only logical and rational thing to do.

What your entire "apology" tells me is, you can't adapt. If you can't adapt, you won't and can't change.

You either get it the first time, or you don't.

To Light a Candle,is to Cast a Shadow.

#301016 - 01/24/08 02:34 AM Re: My apology [Re: ShadowDragon]
Dammarval Offline
Praise Allah

Hmmm....I never see it this way before. I've learned something valuable from you. Thank you.

#301020 - 01/24/08 03:13 AM Re: My apology [Re: Dammarval]
Max Faust Offline
Banned

Loc: Ultima Thule
An apology isn't about you and your feelings.

It shouldn't contain any promises, nor too many "explanations".

Above all, you shouldn't apologise unless you really mean it, i.e. that you are truly sorry for offending or insulting somebody, in which case THAT is the essential message - and your objective should be to show that you understand that you insulted or offended the person you are apologising to, leaving it up to such said person to accept or discard your apology.

Your apology is worthless if it contains a subliminal message which says "now that I have said that I am sorry, I consider myself relieved of guilt and free to go on being an asshole".

It isn't up to you to decide whether your apology is good enough!

This is why it is asinine to apologise to "God", your country, or even "this forum" - because there is no such person, and the vulgar display of sentimental nonsense such as guilt and remorse is only amusing to watch - at best! - for Satanists. (Although it is possible to find people who like that sort of thing.)

Indeed it is much better to carry on being an unapologetic asshole - and then try to add some charm to it - instead of undulating between acting like a moron and feeling guilty about it 2 seconds later.

#301024 - 01/24/08 05:28 AM Re: My apology [Re: ShadowDragon]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
 Quote:
Why apologize?

Apologizing changes nothing.

Not making the same mistakes, changes everything.

If you don't learn, you can't take action to change a thing.

You apparently have no Idea how to not live in the past. That is not Satanic at all.

I couldn't disagree with you more.

Making a sincere apology if you recognize that you have done something wrong is a brave and intelligent thing to do. It shows strength of character and maturity. Obviously, actions speak louder than words, but it is an admirable quality to be able to recognize when you have made a mistake... and we've all made mistakes. I personally would choose to handle those situations with as much thoughtfulness and class as possible, and am quick to apologize when I see that it is appropriate. I strive to surround myself with people who comport themselves in the same manner.

An apology can be the first step in changing everything.... some thoughts on the Eighth Satanic Sin come to mind. Think about it.

Whether this particular apology falls into the category of sincere is not relevant at the moment, I am simply replying to your ideas on the subject.

Quote:
However, I see no reason for an apology here.

In this case, there is plenty to apologize for. When someone disrespects a member of the Hierarchy, I think a public apology is more than appropriate if someone wishes to continue to contribute to this board. (Though it sure would be swell if it was directed at the appropriate person and carried a different tone. ) Ample reason there, don't you think?

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#301025 - 01/24/08 05:28 AM Re: My apology [Re: Dammarval]
SueW Offline
CoS Member

Loc: TN,United States
Please donot do it if you are not sincere , but have you apologized to Magistra Ygraine? I noticed that you apologised to the gentlemen, even addressed them by name. I view apologies as sincere and personal (usually 1 on 1). Respectful disagreement , in my experiance, is usually fine. But, she is where she is because she has done and been who she is, not because some diety placed her there.

#301031 - 01/24/08 06:56 AM Re: My apology [Re: Bruja]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Agreed on all counts.

It can be a very scary thing to come forward and make an open public apology for everyone and their brother to view.

I respect those who are able to sincerely do so. I Myself have eaten humble pie before and in the end, I felt much better for having done so.

The thing that really bothers Me the most here is that the Magistra that this whole mess was directed towards has the patience of Job (as far as all the post I have thus far read from her). It bothers Me that you attacked her as it would bother Me if you attacked ANY member of the hierarchy.

You must understand one thing: These fine Ladies and Gentlemen have forgotten more than most will ever learn/know.

Fin.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#301032 - 01/24/08 06:56 AM Re: My apology [Re: Dammarval]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

I have made a couple of mistakes here, they were honest mistakes and I am careful not to repeat them. One joke I made wasn't carefully thought out but it didn't include purposefully attacking a moderator.
You specifically attacked a moderator and a leader in The COS and on the board.
I hear you making excuses to why you are a victim, not an apology.

#301043 - 01/24/08 07:37 AM Re: My apology [Re: Bruja]
ShadowDragon Offline

Loc: Where I have Always Been
 Quote:
Making a sincere apology if you recognize that you have done something wrong is a brave and intelligent thing to do. It shows strength of character and maturity. Obviously, actions speak louder than words, but it is an admirable quality to be able to recognize when you have made a mistake... and we've all made mistakes.

I agree, though I always prefer doing so on a personal level. It is meaningless without action.

What I was trying to say, in an overly complicated way, is that context is everything, when it comes to apologizing.

An apology is, the way I see it, not always appropriate.

It all depends on what I'm apologizing for, and who I am apologizing too, if one is appropriate.

Quote:
In this case, there is plenty to apologize for. When someone disrespects a member of the Hierarchy, I think a public apology is more than appropriate if someone wishes to continue to contribute to this board. (though it would be nice if it was directed to the appropriate person and carried a different tone.) Ample reason there, don't you think?

I wasn't aware of this, otherwise I would've simply ignored this thread (like I do a great many threads.)

In this case I agree fully, and thank you for pointing out what I wasn't aware of.

To Light a Candle,is to Cast a Shadow.

#301051 - 01/24/08 08:20 AM Re: My apology [Re: Dammarval]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
There has been more than a few times when I have made a post that I have regretted. If you look at the date of the last post on page one, you will see that in about four days, any given post will go to page two. The average user will never see it again. In case of minor infractions of common sense, not drawing further attention to you for a few short days will remedy the situation.

For major infractions, such as bad mouthing a Magistra, groveling is a bare minimum.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#301092 - 01/24/08 10:54 AM Re: My apology [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Okay. That is a wrap.

I am touched and have no small amount of gratitude for those of you advocating on my behalf. You guys are swell.

Dammarval has sent me a private apology. My feelings on that are my own. I personally have chosen not to be the person who bans him. I feel that things have become personal and waging private vendettas is not my job here.

But, despite ideas to the contrary, I actually do like to help/teach, and I think we can all walk away knowing a few things that perhaps weren't clear before.

1. For the gazillionth time---The Questions About The Church of Satan forum is only to be answered by clergy, and clergy IS authorized to speak on behalf of the Church of Satan.

2. While explanations are occasionally required, excuses negate apologies. As I say to my kids, "There better not be a but at the end of that I'm sorry!"

3. Oftentimes the kindest thing you can do for someone is let them fail.

And on that cheery note, I'd like to call this whole fucking thing a day.

HS!

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12195 Members
73 Forums
43973 Topics
405996 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements