Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#300733 - 01/23/08 08:58 AM Re: Abortion [Re: Auge]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
When I said I was "pro-life", I was not making a political statement. ;\)

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#300734 - 01/23/08 09:01 AM Re: Abortion [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Auge Offline

Loc: Germany
I didn' want to say you did, just summarize my own views. Greetings to your family. \:\)

#300895 - 01/23/08 05:19 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Auge]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
 Originally Posted By: Auge
The message of pro-life is, that abortion is always bad. Pro-choice's message, however, isn't that abortion is always good...

Actually, much of the pro-abortion propaganda I have seen paints abortion as a wonderful thing, a magical solution, easier as pulling a tooth and devoid of long term consequences. That's one of the things that bother me about it.

The other thing that bothers me about pro-abortion people is their reticence to call it by its name, using the euphemism "choice" instead. For me "choice" means eating whatever ice-cream flavor you want.

On the other hand anti-abortion people are equally ridiculous on their arguments (based on religious scripture instead of medical or scientific data) and they are equally afraid to call things by their name.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406070 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements